Monster Worldwide

Monster Worldwide Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
HR Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 24, 2014
Although, I was only at Monster on a temporary assignment I loved the work atmosphere and the people during my 6 weeks.
N/A
Commercial Collections Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2014
Solid staff, good working environment. was a great experience, however unsure how long this company will be in the area.
A great place to grow and learn
Global Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 20, 2014
In my opinion, Monster is a great place to grow and learn. Each day is a new experience to meet new people over the phone. My typical day at work is laid back. I thought that the hardest part of my job would be learning new material but it is not at all. I love helping mentoring new hires for the training classes.
Very friendly people.
Order Entry Administrator (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 5, 2014
Pros: very laid back work environment, and free coffee.
Cons: salary really sucks
Monster is a great place to work if your still living at home with your parents. The salary really sucks. The people are very friendly. It's like everyone is one big family. Monster is a very hard place to advance. Monster is one of those places where its not what you know its who you know. So if you are not in good with someone in a high place more – more... than likely you won't advance. – less
Senior Account Manager - IRC (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 26, 2014
Good work/life balance.
Telesales.
Great Co-workers.
Direction from management can be challenging.
Typical day is cold calling, sales planning, territory management and closing sales.
Heading in the wrong direction
Product Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
The upper management isn't interested in anything new or innovative. We mainly work on things we know won't work and are constantly stuck in lengthy process. There is no team work and the overall company feels like its heading down.
Great Flexible work/life balance
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee), Michigan, Great Lakes areaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no leadership
As a field rep, I worked from home for over 6 years. Started great, and after 4-5 years, things got stale, I need interaction, from more than my clients. Also, low on the list for compensation.
Busy work not productive work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Weston, MAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficult working environment, never thanked - always put down....out of touch with technology
Monster is an extremely difficult company to work at. They have been around for a number of years, but run it like a VC. The executive staff is more concerned with titles, and getting people than taking the company to the next level. I would have given Management/Culture a zero but it wasn't a choice. The culture is horrible - it is more of a "gotcha" – more... vs. "nice job" – less
fun to work with co-workers
Test Lead (Current Employee), Brisbane, CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2014
Monster Global Government Solutions creates and delivers solutions where talent and opportunity meet to leverage our proven technology, content, and services to help our customers develop a high performing workforce
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 8, 2014
This is a great first job after college. Advancement is obtainable.
Fun relaxed atmosphere. Pay not that great.
Monster... Oh, Monster.
New Business Development (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 11, 2013
Monster would be a great place to work if you like being on the phones 24/7 with an outrageous goal.

It just wasn't for me.
I didn't want to be one of those annoying people calling to sell you something.
Monster
Order Administrator Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCOctober 18, 2013
Work with many computer programs such as Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook, also work on company programs such as Karma, Rightnow, Webadmin. Call center / customer service. Fast paced office environment and data entry. Talk to sales reps on the phone on how to correct their orders. Use calculators to figure discounts when order is being setup. Opened and – more... properly distributed incoming emails. Work closely with my order team members and monster sales reps. Also I setup accounts and quotes for newspaper reps while processing their orders. I also have great telephone etiquette. – less
Company Culture Mirrors Company Performance
Partner Relationship Manager (Former Employee), RemoteJuly 17, 2013
Pros: fair compensation, brand awareness
Cons: poor leadership, under-performing products, clueless management, culture of mediocrity
Monster had its day in the early 2000's, but their prime is becoming a smaller and smaller facade in the mirror. As the rest of the recruiting world moves forward with innovative (or at least riskier) products and features, Monster still feels, acts and sells like a job board.

There are a few good things about working at Monster:
a) Clients still recognize – more... the brand name

OK, maybe just one good thing.....

My Monster experiment was ill-conceived, and fortunately, I got out ASAP. – less
Nice atmosphere, nice people, high quarterly numbers to hit
Telesales Account Manager II (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2013
Pros: nice office, friendly co workers, no micro managing
Cons: to much gray area, not enough direction, hard goals to reach
Maintain the companies renewals and brought in new business with the account program.
The hardest part of the job is renewing certain accounts that do not have the budget or that arent hiring.
Monster Review
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Maynard, MAMay 6, 2013
Strong forward thinking company with a focus on innovation in the hiring community
Terrific Company
Strategy Consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJanuary 14, 2013
Absolutely love working there. Have had a terrific experience.
Fast paced innovative company
Vice President, Global Database Technologies & Op (Current Employee), Maynard, MADecember 4, 2012
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: work/life balance
I've been at Monster for the last 6+ years and have many global accomplishments including acquisitions and data migration operations for Yahoo HotJobs and ChinaHR.
Great place when I started..
Customer Service (Former Employee), MassacusettsNovember 19, 2012
I first started in customer service in 2007. The morale was great and they treated us with luncheons, seminars and the ability to get Microsoft Certified. The benefits and pay were good. The people I worked with were great!

I progressed quickly receiving two promotions. I tried advancing my knowledge and skills further. The first interview I was never – more... notified about my candidacy. The second interview I was told I had the job and notified after that I didn't in fact receive the position.

All in all I believe Monster needs a new vision with investing in technologies and restructuring overall management from the bottom up. I hope to see this company go back to it's roots and become one of the best places to work in New England. – less
Manager
Manager of Software Engineering (Current Employee), Maynard, MAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: high quality of staff
I am involved in the scheduling of tasks to a team of globally distributed resources. I coordinate work with multiple teams to ensure there is a clear transition of data. I also provide guidance on technical direction on various projects.
Good company to work for
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Maynard, MAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: no bonuses
Good company to work for. nice benefits, good PTO policy. healthy work life balance