Monster Worldwide Employee Reviews

Good people, struggling leadership
Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
Great people but leadership struggling to define vision and action plans. If leadership can help define the short term and long term plans, and position the product teams for success, the business has growth potential.
It is one of the most professional work environment you can experience.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2017
Unfortunately, the firm is dissolved at the moment. However, when the firm was very much alive, it was known for proficiency and honesty about the cases.
Poor branding and management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
Randstad's recent acquisition of Monster has accelerate and exasperated many of the branding and management issues the company has been facing over the last 15 years.
The work/life balance is great but there is little supervision and no real direction as the company continues to move through recently being acquired.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Monster worldwode
Lead team, sales inside and outside, (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2017
I worked for Monster for 12 years and loved every minute there. I worked in sales and covered for management when needed. The culture was ever changing due to changes in management every few years. The hardest part of my job(s) was following who was in charge. I love to sell so ally selling aspects were great.
Pros
Good people and good pay
Cons
change of management to often
Great Company
Sr. Hiring & Recruitment Specialist (Sales Rep) (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2017
This was a great company to work for. It played a vital part in my career growth. Great culture and ownership team. I would definitely recommend anyone to work for this company.
Monster Worldwide, A well meaning disorganized mess.
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I worked in Sales support for Monster WW for just under three years, trying to help implement their customized Salesforces CRM platform for over 2000 international front end users. The issue I have with this company is that the workplace culture, while friendly and supportive, discourages innovation and improvement of their existing arcane practices. This has resulted in a lack of growth and a very fragile morale.
Pros
Friendly not political work environment.
Cons
Vague assignments with floating due dates
Has it's issues.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJune 13, 2017
Company has great people, going through massive changes recently. Management turnover frequent. Goals, comp changing frequently. Need clearer company direction.
Premium Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 3, 2017
Always room for advancement. Management ensures employees have essential tools to perform in their job. Someone is always there for assistance. Great place to work.
Senior Recruiter/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Weston, MAMay 26, 2017
Working at Monster.com is great! There is a real team environment that you notice from the very first day that you walk into the building. People here are professional and willing to help one another for the overall good of the company.
Shared Services Employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 19, 2017
Monster was a fast paced company with great benefits. You will not find a better vacation policy. Although the work was challenging, there were detailed procedures in place.
Professional, quiet place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Typical day is answering phones. Most are sales calls. Monster is an online resource to finding employment. Management is great. The executives are kind, quiet, busy. The day can be quiet aside from the sales people across the hall. When clients come in, they are greeted, and directed to a conference room.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while.
Monster Worldwide SMB Telesales
Monster.com - SMB Account Manager (Current Employee) –  SCMay 2, 2017
Sad place to work, company has lost its way and insults the intelligence of its sales force by telling them they are 90% of the problem when it comes to hitting quotas that reflect 20% YOY growth with a declining market share. Terrible managers that sit on their rear end all day and look out for each other so they can continue their online shopping and gossip.

The reason it is so sad is because it didn't have to be this way. This company may survive, but you won't find any true sales jobs there anymore. Everything is being turned into a service center in the SMB space.

If you have no other options and want to be treated like a robot, it has decent benefits. If you have other options, take them. You will not make half of your commission plan.
Pros
Coworkers (not management)
Cons
Lack of respect, lack of leadership, management makes logically flawed assertions at every turn
It was a learning experience
Associate, National Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2017
This was my favorite company I've ever worked for. I couldn't say anything bad about the company. It was progressive and lots of training on new products and sales training up until 2014. Less training and products had begun to make a turn for the worse. Clients complained about the products and candidates and the company started to loose clients/customers. Management was never the best but at least you had the opportunity to work without being micro managed. There was no room for advancement unless you knew someone or your manager was a big fan. I killed my quota and had great sales experience but got passed over for any type of promotion. I was very hurt by this and stayed because I believed in the products and company. Then it was purchased by Randstad and it really got bad and eventually, I was laid off without warning after I was promised that my team would be okay and there was nothing to worry about. It was a learning experience and I am grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Progressive company, team development and training
Cons
Back commission structure, poor management and no room for advancement.
First Job in Collections
Accounts Receivables Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53212March 31, 2017
This was my first corporate job after leaving the military and it was a huge learning curve. I learned so much and many of those skill i still use to this very day
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
bad management at the executive level
The Fall of a Giant.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 14, 2017
The upper management doesnt have a clear direction as to where they are going since the acquisition. The understanding that you can survive with out a simple marketing strategy will be the demise of this once industry leader.
Pros
The pay, if you can obtain your crazy goals, is great.
Cons
Lost leadership at the corporate level
Monster
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 10, 2017
Monster is a well known company, but has lost its way and is 5 long steps behind their competitors.

Lot's of changes at the top, but the middle layer also needs to be addressed.
Management is dated
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 1, 2017
Innovation is scary to the sales management and growth only happens through acquisition. Acquisition without common integration across sales channels makes a day in the life miserable.

Management has also been there way too long and with turn-around plans they are all on edge and consistently looking out for themselves.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
night - terrors
No strategic plan, no investment in employees, going nowhere fast
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, MAFebruary 23, 2017
Acquisition is already taking it down, Sold out its employees so Management could benefit...and they have. Revenue is declining, morale is terrible and Executive team is clueless.
My Monster
Product Help Desk Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, MAFebruary 23, 2017
My time at Monster was great. From my 1st to last day I had fantastic people around me. If it was not for my managers I don’t think I would have lasted as long as I did.
Pros
Great People
Cons
hard to say
As a contractor
Accountant (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2017
The turnover was very high so they always had contractors coming in. The culture was not the greatest which flowed from the top down. The CFO was expecting very long hours which lead to no work life balance.