Monster Worldwide Employee Reviews

Fading
Internet Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 20, 2016
An industry leader that has become a distant follower due to lack of innovation, vision and leadership that is now reactive instead of proactive. Work is stressful, management is in denial and almost everyone you talk to is looking for another job.
Pros
Excellent benefits package.
Cons
Micromanagement, high stress and quotas/goals that are increased by 30% year over year
Small Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 14, 2016
Monster was a good place to work, but presented some challenges. This includes unrealistic sales quotas, and the lack of interest at times, in the input of the people that sale and know the process.
Pros
good benefits, good play, good co-workers
Cons
unrealistic sales goals
Productive, fast-paced, changes always happening
Premium Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 14, 2016
I manage Premium Tier accounts. While managing these accounts, I frequently provide usage data to customers and sales, implement purchase orders, research and resolve technical issues, onboard customers and/or sales at the time of renewal or a new purchase, provide backup support for team members that may be out of the office, review and present account information.
Pros
Laid back atomsphere
Cons
Constant changes
Comforting company culture
NAP sales intern (Former Employee) –  Weston, MAApril 13, 2016
As a sales intern with Monster, I worked in the National Accounts Program which dealt with fortune 500 company accounts. I was responsible for marketing and promoting hiring solutions while providing weekly sales quotas. Dealing with all different types of personalities and scrutiny makes the job much more complex, but yet educational at the same time. This internship has improved my tolerance for rejection and my ability to persuade. Being able to read each customer and cater towards their individual preferences is a difficult skill to master, but yet one I am becoming more comfortable with.
Great place for single ambitious indiviuals
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAFebruary 3, 2016
This was probably my favorite job I've had the privilege to have worked for. This was an inside sales role which I worked as a medium between the prospective new customers and the IRC (Internet Recruitment Consultants) closed sales when able and assigned IRC according to territory. Was very much a college type environment. Majority of employees were between ages of 23-34 with many being their first job out of school.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere very laid back, no over management of employees
Cons
commute
Terrible company to work for- too much political junk
National Account Manager - Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAMarch 3, 2016
This is a great paying job but Monster is a dying company with terrible management. They change the whole business model as fast as they can to remain above the water. Their stock is a mess and they are extremely political how they treat people. Back-stabbing is typical. You have to watch your back at all times.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Great place when I started..
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MassacusettsNovember 19, 2012
I first started in customer service in 2007. The morale was great and they treated us with luncheons, seminars and the ability to get Microsoft Certified. The benefits and pay were good. The people I worked with were great!

I progressed quickly receiving two promotions. I tried advancing my knowledge and skills further. The first interview I was never notified about my candidacy. The second interview I was told I had the job and notified after that I didn't in fact receive the position.

All in all I believe Monster needs a new vision with investing in technologies and restructuring overall management from the bottom up. I hope to see this company go back to it's roots and become one of the best places to work in New England.
Would improve if they would listen
Global Training Coordinator/Universal Agent (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 15, 2014
This company is based around a caste system. Management at all levels are so busy CYA, they don't listen or try to make things better. It's almost like no one wants to bring the bad news to the king. I have been gone over 2 years and 2 years before I left we were trying to tell management what they needed to do to improve. Now they are seeing the results of their bad decisions, but still not listening. Hmmmmmm. Coworkers are great. Pay is average/above average for the area and benefits are excellent.
Pros
benefits, compensation
Cons
head in the sand management
no Negatives - NONE
account executive (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 24, 2016
What a great company and what a great opportunity to work for them. Each member of the team has been supportative and each member of management is equally approachable. I have never worked for a company where they genuinely have an interest in how you are doing and what they can do for you. no negatives with this company, all positives!!
Fun Place to work!
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 8, 2016
Monster WorldWide is a great place to work in terms of a sales job. They make sure you get the training and tools needed to succeed.

Want to know more about Monster Worldwide?

Ask a question
Company Culture Mirrors Company Performance
Partner Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 17, 2013
Monster had its day in the early 2000's, but their prime is becoming a smaller and smaller facade in the mirror. As the rest of the recruiting world moves forward with innovative (or at least riskier) products and features, Monster still feels, acts and sells like a job board.

There are a few good things about working at Monster:
a) Clients still recognize the brand name

OK, maybe just one good thing.....

My Monster experiment was ill-conceived, and fortunately, I got out ASAP.
Pros
fair compensation, brand awareness
Cons
poor leadership, under-performing products, clueless management, culture of mediocrity
fine company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2016
like everyone else, it has pros and cons. internal business units get in each other's way sometimes. great pay and benefits.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 13, 2016
great company with good people.
The company has options for advancement and there is always people willing to help.

The managers and team members are great people.
Fun place to work.
Telesales - New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 13, 2016
Monster has a great atmosphere. The staff is great and the management is understanding and will work work with on daily tasks.
Good Place To Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Weston, MAApril 10, 2016
Good place to work and gain skills and stay long term. Good place for job security. Team members and managers are very friendly and great to work with.
Monster is a great place to work
Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Weston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
I worked at Monster since July and had a great experience. I have been a client and user for many years and when I had the chance to come in and help grow the sales team, I jumped at it. I am sorry to be ending my contract assignment and would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great Office and People
Monster WorldWide is a great place to work
Small Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 11, 2015
Monster WorldWide is a great place to work. It is a stable company with room to grow and has a history of working and their products work! Management is strong and it is a fun place and enjoyable place to work everyday.
Pros
prizes, commission, benefits, free lunches and dinners at the end of the month.
Cons
n/a
Great culture, spotty management
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  washington, dcMay 1, 2015
You can get very lucky at monster and have a phenomenal manager, or you can get one that doesnt care.

The pay is great, the benefits are incredible, and they have a lot of autonomy
Very friendly people.
Order Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 5, 2014
Monster is a great place to work if your still living at home with your parents. The salary really sucks. The people are very friendly. It's like everyone is one big family. Monster is a very hard place to advance. Monster is one of those places where its not what you know its who you know. So if you are not in good with someone in a high place more than likely you won't advance.
Pros
very laid back work environment, and free coffee.
Cons
salary really sucks
Great People But poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston MAJanuary 16, 2015
The people are great the work is tasking and hardly rewarding. Management is down right awful quick to judge and insult also believes in black mailing
Pros
great benefits, pay, people
Cons
management is the worse in the business

2.9