MONTAGE Employee Reviews in United States

Not interested in completing this at this time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 11, 2016
Not interested in completing this portion at this time. I appreciate this opportunity, however I will not be completing this portion and will have to pass on going further unless this is eliminated
Amazing spa culture. Associates are motivating, positive people who are incredibly uplifting.
Reception and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJuly 8, 2016
A great place to learn! Not only will you improve in your approach to work, but personal growth is amazing as well. The training program is a gift to be able to take part in. Even if you leave Montage, you will take what you learn from working there with you in all aspects of life. Learning is taken seriously. The resort provides courses in health, sommelier, management... Just a wonderful place to work!
montage
General Manager/Chef (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 10, 2016
i did like working there but times have really changed there. most people there are quitting for the same reason. good luck
Does not live up to my expectations
Engineer Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAApril 4, 2016
Lack of manpower makes the job extremely stressful and overwhelming at times. As far as management is concerned, one has to take into consideration that the engineering department runs and maintains said facility, but it takes more personnel to complete the projects required versus management's perception.
Pros
Free lunches, if we have time to take a break.
Cons
Supervisors overconcern on one's time management. For example, "What are you doing? What have you been doing?"
Great idea, poor execution
Room service (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIJanuary 20, 2016
Copy and paste a bunch of mumbo jumbo from management textbooks and that's what you get....but no real know-how or accountability.

Great property but horrible corporate- and location-level communication and training....management is teetering between inept and corrupt....really abysmal.

If you are able to just go in and make your money and wash your hands and leave, then go for it...but if you expect competency, quality, and compassion from your co-workers, look elsewhere.

They robbed me of my last weeks paycheck too...just FYI
Pros
Provided uniforms, free meal
Cons
Not enough equipment to do job
The Company is not was it was....
IRD Telephone Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I have been with this company for the last 5 years, I've seen some big changes in the last two years that seem to be going in a bad direction. The staff and Guests are not happy about the changes and we are loosing great Guests that have been with us since we opened. It's too bad, because this use to be such a great place to work, such kind and friendly people and the Guests were so happy to be here. With all the new changes with ownership we've seen a lot of good people leave to find other opportunities, as well as myself...unfortunately. I will miss the Montage and hope to find something that will better fit my needs.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
not enough hours
All work no life
HR- Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CANovember 17, 2015
I was part of the opening team and was working for 16 to 18 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week for a year. This unfortunately took a toll on me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard life
Great Culture
Spa Guest Reception (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJuly 7, 2015
Overall, I have felt extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work for Montage. The Laguna Beach property is considered the flagship property within the company. The training received in customer service is second to none. They have a lot of faith in their employees and empower them to seek opportunities for growth within the company.

Be warned, however, that the hospitality industry is often difficult and humbling. Compensation is relatively lower than what similar positions in other industries might offer, and (in my observation) do not follow rising Cost-of-Living or minimum wage trends. Guest expectations in the luxury travel industry are high, and often seem unreasonable.

A successful Montage employee must have unfailing passion and drive in all that they do, with clear long-term goals.
Pros
Lunch provided by company, excellent assoicate discounts/rates, opportunities for growth and job advancement
Cons
Compensation relatively low
Montage
Associate (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMay 27, 2015
Montage is all about assisting guests, if you like to assist guests this workplace is for you! A big resort in Laguna Beach.
montage party
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMarch 30, 2015
co-workers are super friendly and helpful it is a good place to work but the only downfall you have to many supervisors and they are never in the same page so its difficult to know what's expected from you.
Pros
fre lunch and employee activitys
Cons
to many supervisors contradicting each other

Want to know more about MONTAGE?

Ask a question
Great atmosphere located right on the beach
Master Therapist (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CANovember 19, 2014
Very busy resort all year round. Clientele from around the World for vacation or business. Education was extremely important in the Spa environment and once a month the employees were learning a new modality, focusing on improvements or completing case studies.
Pros
excellent compensation, uniforms cleaned nightly, free cafe for all employees, and the experience
Cons
healthcare had been eliminated
Beautiful Salon
Salon Manager/ Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2014
A better op was the only reason to leave this salon... great owner, beautiful salon
Great high end hotel
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2014
As a valet attendant it was important that we were the best because we are the first and last people they saw.
loved this job
cook (Former Employee) –  cedar falls, IowasNovember 14, 2013
the best management and staff i've ever worked with pay wasn't great but it was a very rewarding job loved my boss and my manager shifts took some getting use to.
Pros
the people the quality of the product good pay for kitchen industry
Cons
split shifts
Great enviroment to work in, challenges you everyday
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAAugust 26, 2013
It was a fast pace and a beautiful place to work. It challenged me in a sense where it made me be a fast and effective problem solver.
Pros
amazing piers and management
Cons
work consumes your life
great company
Call Center CSR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2013
-Assisted callers with verifying accounts on electric and gas bills.

-Evaluated customers’ needs while rowing the business revenue model.

-Used CRM to enroll eligible customers in discount programs.
Best associates you could work with!
Montage Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Most everyone at Montage loves their job, thus it shows in the positive vibe that surrounds the resort. Everyone is welcoming and has a smile on their face.
High Energy work enviroment
Overnight Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJanuary 3, 2013
I love the people and the enviroment. I learned something new every day working with some of the best Chefs in the world. Very caring about others needs and first and foremost the customers.
Pros
beautiful benefit package and advancement
Cons
commute thousands of miles in the mountains kinda dangerous.
Great summer job to make money, not a place I'd like to work year round.
VIP Cabana Host (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CASeptember 11, 2012
Serious focus on customer service a plus. Management style poor with zero job security.
An Environment of Training, Learning, and Superior Guest Service
Spa Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAAugust 2, 2012
The culture of the brand begins in the interview process and 2 day MORES training. You are then thoroughly trained and tested before you ever interact with a guest. The learning and testing is ongoing to ensure that all associates are confident and can consistently provide the highest level of service. I gained excellent guest relations and problem solving skills. The leadership team is hands on and it is a fun, but hard working environment and everyone has the same common goal, going above and beyond to ensure we can exceed our guest's expectations . The hardest part of the job is handling guest concerns when the highest level of service has been delivered, but the guest is requesting something that is not available, never saying no is sometimes hard to accomplish. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the fellow leadership team and associates and feeling part of a team where everyone truly desires to help each other succeed.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits, consistent training, complimentary employee cafeteria with great options
Cons
leadership team sometimes spread too thin, inter-communication sometimes not efficient, little flexibility on scheduling in leadership team