MONTAGE Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time!
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  KapaluaMarch 16, 2017
Hypocrisy in the management.
Never any recognition for hard work unless you win at the popularity contest.
Family medical leave is a big inconvenience to them if you need to use it,
Gossip galore about : fellow employees, managers and even guests, from managers! Employees talk and slack all the time.
If you try to bring a problem to the HR department, YOUR considered the problem, Management is a joke, Not enough staffing, lots of expected hours, if you do have overtime it's YOUR fault for not "magaging your time properly".
Pros
Salad bar
Cons
Fend for yourself with no training.
Great opportunity!
Uniform Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HIFebruary 15, 2017
working at montage is a great opportunity to work on and it gives me opportunity to show my other skills which is the most enjoyable part of my job. Employees are very friendly too!
great workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 3, 2017
overall this was a awesome job everyone was nice and it was just a working experience to learn how to work with all kinds of people, i learner plenty of thing like how to greet people correctly and how to make people feel comfortable more then anything
Laundry, Uniforms Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CADecember 3, 2016
Montage my pleasure been part of the opening team, everything was done perfect to service the guest at their arrival, nice restaurants with great food and personal service.
Great training program
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAAugust 17, 2016
Training program for serving food and wine is excellent. Management does not follow Montage standards but expects from subordinates
Excellent wine list and training program. Education is offered and ongoing as wanted by employee's.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
A lot of rules
Not interested in completing this at this time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 11, 2016
Not interested in completing this portion at this time. I appreciate this opportunity, however I will not be completing this portion and will have to pass on going further unless this is eliminated
Amazing spa culture. Associates are motivating, positive people who are incredibly uplifting.
Reception and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJuly 8, 2016
A great place to learn! Not only will you improve in your approach to work, but personal growth is amazing as well. The training program is a gift to be able to take part in. Even if you leave Montage, you will take what you learn from working there with you in all aspects of life. Learning is taken seriously. The resort provides courses in health, sommelier, management... Just a wonderful place to work!
montage
General Manager/Chef (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 10, 2016
i did like working there but times have really changed there. most people there are quitting for the same reason. good luck
Does not live up to my expectations
Engineer Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAApril 4, 2016
Lack of manpower makes the job extremely stressful and overwhelming at times. As far as management is concerned, one has to take into consideration that the engineering department runs and maintains said facility, but it takes more personnel to complete the projects required versus management's perception.
Pros
Free lunches, if we have time to take a break.
Cons
Supervisors overconcern on one's time management. For example, "What are you doing? What have you been doing?"
Great idea, poor execution
Room service (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIJanuary 20, 2016
Copy and paste a bunch of mumbo jumbo from management textbooks and that's what you get....but no real know-how or accountability.

Great property but horrible corporate- and location-level communication and training....management is teetering between inept and corrupt....really abysmal.

If you are able to just go in and make your money and wash your hands and leave, then go for it...but if you expect competency, quality, and compassion from your co-workers, look elsewhere.

They robbed me of my last weeks paycheck too...just FYI
Pros
Provided uniforms, free meal
Cons
Not enough equipment to do job

Want to know more about MONTAGE?

Ask a question
The Company is not was it was....
IRD Telephone Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I have been with this company for the last 5 years, I've seen some big changes in the last two years that seem to be going in a bad direction. The staff and Guests are not happy about the changes and we are loosing great Guests that have been with us since we opened. It's too bad, because this use to be such a great place to work, such kind and friendly people and the Guests were so happy to be here. With all the new changes with ownership we've seen a lot of good people leave to find other opportunities, as well as myself...unfortunately. I will miss the Montage and hope to find something that will better fit my needs.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
not enough hours
All work no life
HR- Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CANovember 17, 2015
I was part of the opening team and was working for 16 to 18 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week for a year. This unfortunately took a toll on me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard life
Great Culture
Spa Guest Reception (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJuly 7, 2015
Overall, I have felt extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work for Montage. The Laguna Beach property is considered the flagship property within the company. The training received in customer service is second to none. They have a lot of faith in their employees and empower them to seek opportunities for growth within the company.

Be warned, however, that the hospitality industry is often difficult and humbling. Compensation is relatively lower than what similar positions in other industries might offer, and (in my observation) do not follow rising Cost-of-Living or minimum wage trends. Guest expectations in the luxury travel industry are high, and often seem unreasonable.

A successful Montage employee must have unfailing passion and drive in all that they do, with clear long-term goals.
Pros
Lunch provided by company, excellent assoicate discounts/rates, opportunities for growth and job advancement
Cons
Compensation relatively low
Montage
Associate (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMay 27, 2015
Montage is all about assisting guests, if you like to assist guests this workplace is for you! A big resort in Laguna Beach.
montage party
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMarch 30, 2015
co-workers are super friendly and helpful it is a good place to work but the only downfall you have to many supervisors and they are never in the same page so its difficult to know what's expected from you.
Pros
fre lunch and employee activitys
Cons
to many supervisors contradicting each other
Great atmosphere located right on the beach
Master Therapist (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CANovember 19, 2014
Very busy resort all year round. Clientele from around the World for vacation or business. Education was extremely important in the Spa environment and once a month the employees were learning a new modality, focusing on improvements or completing case studies.
Pros
Excellent compensation, uniforms cleaned nightly, free cafe for all employees, and the experience
Cons
healthcare had been eliminated
Beautiful Salon
Salon Manager/ Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2014
A better op was the only reason to leave this salon... great owner, beautiful salon
Great high end hotel
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2014
As a valet attendant it was important that we were the best because we are the first and last people they saw.
loved this job
cook (Former Employee) –  cedar falls, IowasNovember 14, 2013
the best management and staff i've ever worked with pay wasn't great but it was a very rewarding job loved my boss and my manager shifts took some getting use to.
Pros
the people the quality of the product good pay for kitchen industry
Cons
split shifts
Great enviroment to work in, challenges you everyday
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAAugust 26, 2013
It was a fast pace and a beautiful place to work. It challenged me in a sense where it made me be a fast and effective problem solver.
Pros
Amazing piers and management
Cons
Work consumes your life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MONTAGE. Our community is ready to answer.