Job Title: Warehouse Clerk
Department: Warehouse - Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday-Friday (6:00 am to 1:30 pm) & Saturday (6:00 am to 11:00 am)
Responsible for pulling orders, unloading containers, maintaining inventory at required levels, ensuring proper UPC Codes are labeled on product, and maintaining a clean work area free of debris.
1. Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse (ex: dollies, ladders & etc.)
2. Tag product accordingly with item tags & store in proper picking locations.
3. Perform various receiving functions, such as unloading trucks and putting away product in the correct overstock location.
4. Organize orders to be picked in an efficient manner.
5. Unload/Load orders using proper equipment and body mechanics.
6. Select full case and break pack orders by pulling, stacking and labeling merchandise and bringing it to the checkout area for customers.
7. Follow all of the safety procedures.
8. Stack empty pallets; clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly.
9. Perform all tasks to ensure a safe work environment.
10. Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates and customers in a cooperative, constructive manner.
11. Monitors and logs freezer and cooler temperatures on a daily basis.
12. Performs inventory counts when requested from corporate office.
13. Maintains inventory levels as need for customer sales & orders inventory needed for customer sales
14. Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- 6 months experience in warehousing
- Ability to read labels
- Perform simple mathematic calculations required
- Forklift operator certification
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Some or completion of high school
- Organized and punctual
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.