Montana Mike's Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Great job with fun people and customers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILNovember 12, 2017
As a hostess, I am the first and last impression of the customers. I love interacting with them and making them feel at home. The whole restaurant depends on how well we do our job. Sitting every server correctly and at the appropriate pace for the kitchen.
Pros
50% off of meals, Monday’s guaranteed off
Decent place if you need cash money
Server (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 16, 2017
I worked there for over 3 years at 2 different locations, it had its ups and downs but was always a dependable place to work. They were also very flexible with scheduling when you need time off.
Montana Mikes
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KS 67156September 18, 2017
When I worked here I loved it. I think Montana Mikes is a great first job for someone. I worked as a hostess and was in charged of greeting and seating customers and keeping the restaurant clean. I really enjoyed working here it was a fun environment and the food is great. I would recommend this job to other people.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Lots of fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSSeptember 10, 2017
Montana mikes was a great place to start a career within the restaurant business. Got a great start and learned how to be a successful waitress. Definitely reccombed
Pros
Great community
Cons
Nothibg
Great Enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSAugust 24, 2017
Montanna MIkes is a very busy restaraunt in the tourist town that i lived in at the time I was working there. With this restaraunt being in the middle of all the tourist attractions you meet people from all around the world
Pros
Busy enviroment
Cons
not very much teamplayers
Great people to work with.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 10, 2017
Fun, good food, great management. Co-workers are great and help each other. The return customers are what it's all about. Hours are good as well. The management always helpful.
Its ok working for Montana mikes i just wish they gave me more hours
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 5, 2017
I just started working for the company I don't have much to say about it. Other then management is fair. They pay ok.but I need hours .the workers here.work good as a team. They do have benefits. And the food is great. So far I like working here Montana mikes .
Pros
They started me off at decent pay
Cons
I need more hours
Can be fun environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 2, 2017
The co-workers are not friendly, or understanding making your job a little more stressful than it has to be. I was lost most of the time feeling more like a shadow not being explained how things work.
At work on line not play time
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJune 7, 2017
Im a good worker always on time good people reasoni like to cook. I. Loved framing out said work good to make thing i love it something new everyday i push my self to do better to stay on top like learning new thing
Pros
Know
Cons
Had breaks one 15 min
Not really good with comunicating with employees
Line Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 15, 2017
The training could have been betteralong with the hours and pay. They closed down and didn't tell anyone anything just showed up for work and they was closed down
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
Great Co-workers and Kitchen Staff
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 9, 2017
This was my first job while I was still in high school and it was a great experience. I formed amazing comradery among fellow co-workers and it taught me a lot about customer service. I was given plenty of tasks throughout my shifts which also taught me the importance of time management as well as responsibility in the work place. Teamwork is crucial in this place and you have to learn how to multitask with different rushes.
Pros
flexible work scheduling, great management, awesome co-workers
Cons
no holidays off aside from christmas/day and new years eve.
I do not recommend this place for employment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Pretty poorly run from the top down. Very little room for new ideas or growth. Ownership "knows it all." Treats employees poorly at best. However, the guests were usually fun to work with, with only minimal headache resulting from them. Employees usually tried to do their best. The real problem is with ownership and top management.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Very little thought given to the welfare of the employee, the equipment, or the establishment as a whole.
Fun place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, IN 46017January 8, 2017
Working there was a breeze. Had a lot of positive influence there. The "regulars" were great. The kitchen could have been better but the kitchen management at the time was rocky.
Pros
great guests and coworkers
Cons
new ownership
Stressful place to work
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Poteau, OKDecember 13, 2016
The job was ok, but the management in front office had no idea what it took to run a full scale restaurant and showed no faith in lower management to do the job they were hired for.
Pros
Good working crew
Cons
Poor management, perks
Loved working here! You work with great people, and the customers generally tip well.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INDecember 13, 2016
I can't say that there is a "typical" day at work here. That is one of the best parts of the job in fact, no two days are going to be the same, and although you will develop your own regulars, you will see tons of new people each day. I learned more than I can say about people skills, organization, problem solving, and so much more while working here. The management here is the best I have had out of all the places I have worked. They aren't the kind of people who sit behind a desk and order you around, they are right there on the floor with you, or behind the grill making sure the orders are out in a timely manner. If there is ever a problem one of them will always be available to you for help. Co-workers here can vary. Mostly they are wonderful people to work with although there are a few bad apples. Luckily those kind of people don't survive long in this business and the ones who stay are exactly the kind of people you want to work with. The hardest part of the job is when you start to slow down near the end of your shift. You are assigned side work for each shift, however most people finish before we near the slow time, and this makes the time go by much slower. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all of the new people and hearing their stories.
Pros
Free meal every time you work a shift, and free drinks(non-alcoholic) during your shift.
great starter job
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 28, 2016
a typical day at work is taking care of customers and making sure they leave happy and influencing them to visit again. I've learned a lot about how to talk to people professionally and how to handle and control certain situations. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that cant be pleased and in some cases dealing with the staff and management. In the same breath the costumers and staff members can be part of the most enjoyable days at work. all around its a great job, a great starter job, and and a great place to learn new things.
Great place to eat in Mcpherson.
Server (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSJuly 10, 2016
I loved serving with a passion because I was able to help people and make good money doing it. I enjoyed working for the manager there and the best part about serving was getting to know so many different people.
fun yet professional work experience
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 23, 2016
usually slow business, learned how to approach/talk to customers. management works with your personal schedule. all co-workers friendly, easy to talk to and very helpful. too many "side-jobs".
Pros
discounts, flexible work schedules
Cons
short breaks, slow services
Fun warm environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSMarch 24, 2016
Great place to start a career. Great at training and a very fun place to work. Totally would suggest working here. Coworkers are sweet and managers are nice.
Overall, this restaurant was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working hard and adding to the business, however possible
Busser, Host, Food Prep. (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 19, 2015
The best thing I enjoyed about this job was the opportunity it provided me to work with people, and to use my interpersonal skills to help others.