Montana Mike's Steakhouse Employee Reviews

fun yet professional work experience
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 23, 2016
usually slow business, learned how to approach/talk to customers. management works with your personal schedule. all co-workers friendly, easy to talk to and very helpful. too many "side-jobs".
Pros
discounts, flexible work schedules
Cons
short breaks, slow services
Great place to eat in Mcpherson.
Server (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSJuly 10, 2016
I loved serving with a passion because I was able to help people and make good money doing it. I enjoyed working for the manager there and the best part about serving was getting to know so many different people.
Fun warm environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSMarch 24, 2016
Great place to start a career. Great at training and a very fun place to work. Totally would suggest working here. Coworkers are sweet and managers are nice.
Overall, this restaurant was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working hard and adding to the business, however possible
Busser, Host, Food Prep. (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 19, 2015
The best thing I enjoyed about this job was the opportunity it provided me to work with people, and to use my interpersonal skills to help others.
As good as restaurant life can get
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INDecember 14, 2015
This is a great place to work. If you take care of them, they will take care of you.

The owner is very approachable and can often be found working his butt off during a rush right along side everyone else.
Expected more from a steakhouse
Grill Cook/Seller (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 9, 2015
The management was pretty much ran by family members or people who already worked there for so long that everything they did was right, but unsanitary or just unprofessional.
A work in progress
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 10, 2014
I would open the store, check emails, talk to the owner on the phone, make the daily and weekly schedule. I also would handle vendors and make sure my team is on time and will make sure the store will be ready for business. I learned how to be more patient and recognizing the human factor when in management. The management team changed often and it was difficult the employees to respect us but they eventually learned to respect and appreciate us. The hardest part of the job was being short-staffed and literally having to do everything in the store.
Small town restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJuly 9, 2012
Depending on what day of the week it is, or which section you have that night, being a waitress can be either rewarding or disappointing. I learned how to make guests happy and provide excellent customer service, but I also learned how hard it is to waitress at one of the only restaurants in town. For the few amount of hours I worked, I made great money in tips. But working with no tables, scrubbing floors for 2.13 an hour is not worth it.
Pros
great hours, fun enviroment
Cons
nasty jobs for little pay, tip share to hosts (giving away your money to pay other employees)
good food good people
waitress (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 25, 2015
customers and coworkers were great . we all worked together to prepare good food for the customers. I like the people and it was easy going and you could be yourself
Pros
food
Cons
short breaks
The Workplace As A Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 28, 2013
A typical day at work consists of me greeting customers,answering the phone and directing the calls. I learned more customer service skills and and communication skills. The management is great, all of the managers are very friendly and on top of everything. My co-workers are great as well. The communication within the workplace is very cordial.
Pros
50% discount on food
Great first job
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSApril 6, 2015
This was the perfect place for a first job. Small town restaurant that has the ability to feel like home. Supervisor was amazing, she knew how to be your friend but keep the boss lines. Easy to pick up shifts and you got to know your customers orders when they walked in the door.
Productive and social work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Victoria, txJune 30, 2015
I think the hardest part of my job was, having guest get upset with me when we didnt have enough servers on the floor so they werent seated right away.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Doubles shifts
Fun Time
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 18, 2012
I had a great learning experience here. I learned everything I needed to know about customer service, fast paced skills, and how to manage fellow employees. There was plenty of room for advancement. If I had not moved to California I would probably still be working here. I loved this job.
Pros
advancement.
Montana Mike's
Waitress, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDDecember 10, 2013
We went through 15 different servers when I worked here. People walked out during their shift almost regularly. The food is good but the work is stressful.
Store closed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 12, 2013
Store closed due to poor management and lazy employees. Management did not even notify employeesof closing. I showed up for work one day and we were closed.
Good atmosphere and fun
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 13, 2012
managing and and overseeing all employees.. Customer satisfaction at all costs..
Pros
pay
Cons
balance of family life
it was ok place
grill cook (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INNovember 4, 2014
The place was and ok work place some thing's could have been different.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 16, 2015
I loved the people I worked with though unfortunately I feel as though there wasn't much room to advance my career.The hardest most frustrating part of the job was probably detail clean up as we did not depend on paying professionals to get the job done, rather had to do it ourselves. I feel as though this was in the way of helping us further excel as a company. It was physically exhausting. As a manager, I of course loved and took pride in what I did though do believe that I could not focus on managerial duties as well as I could have for these reasons. I believe more needed to be done by our marketing team to help us excel. Most of this was an effort on our part. I feel as though we all did a great job and worked as hard as we could to excel on our own with little to no support from employees higher up in this company. I feel we could do so much better if we just spent a little more money on advertising and paying professionals. We were forced to take on so much and therefore had to use our own personal time to come up with marketing strategies and ideas for our restaurant. It was hard to focus on our own duties being that labor costs were our number 1 priority rather than the customer. We would cut employees and therefore have to fill positions in the restaurant which led to us neglecting our customers and more importantly our management responsibilities.
Pros
My Co-Workers and Management Team
Cons
The duties and little support from higher ups, cutting labor rather than investing on our customer to push sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montana Mike's Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4