Montana State University Employee Reviews

Msu
DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 5, 2016
Amazing place to start working as a student. The environment in which the work is set up is friendly. The staff who guide the student workers are friendly and very helpful.
Working with college students was both rewarding and enjoyable.
Residence Life/Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 5, 2016
My time spent at MSU was filled with daily tasks along with weekly, monthly and yearly projects that involved other sections of Auxiliary Service. Every day was a new experience with co-workers and students which made for an air of excitement.
The hardest part of the job was the summer break and the students where gone. I also had the opportunity to learn different programs for our department and how it all interacted with the college.
Pros
Very much apart of the college atmosphere and the events.
Cons
Paying for parking and getting paid once a month.
Great benefits package, and cultural atmosphere
Financial Aid Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 4, 2015
Red tape and politics are part of the environment.
I really enjoyed working with the students and their parents, assisting them to work through the financial aid maze.
I met some great people there.
Pros
educational opportunities
School
Test plot employee (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 28, 2015
Fantastic organization from top to bottom, truly feel like you are part of the team. Wouldn't trade my time spent here for anything and would highly recommend this university.
Great!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 18, 2015
Great place and beautiful environment to study and work. Awesome teachers and supportive staff always ready to help. Would recommend this place to anyone.
was a paycheck
Student Janitor (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTJuly 22, 2015
learned how to run a map and broom and how to wax a floor. It was ok to work nothing to hard just got to be doing the same thing day in day out.
Is was agreat experience while getting my MPA
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  BozemanMay 16, 2015
I worked after my classes and learned more about the History of the United States, Government, Civics, the Constitution, etc. I did not have a supervisor, used the learning lab at MSU and had HS students who needed help. The hardest part was not to have enough materials to help me teach them what they wanted, so I had to rely on their books. I enjoyed seeing progress in the students I taught and when they had pass their test and obtained better scores.
Pros
Help students while learning new things
Cons
Limited time on the weekends because I did not live close to the campus
Great Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 20, 2015
Loved working and attending Montana State.
My primary duties in this laboratory include
collecting blood and organs from mice to quantitate oxidative stress damage via ELISA methodology, and utilizing flow cytometry to quantitate CD4 and CD8 markers in spleen and thymus cells, and B220 in spleen cells. I participate in the processing of data and run statistics using JMP software. While with this laboratory I have written standard operating procedures (SOP’s), and prepared documents for publication.
Getting paid to go to school is, of course, great!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 14, 2015
Hard life, but comfortable working conditions. We are given our own offices for the second year of Thesis writing. I've learned a lot about my own capabilities, what I want and especially what I don't.
productive and fun work place with amzing coworkers and excellent management
Professor (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me at Montana State University varied. At the time I was working multiple positions there, all of which were at the Pool department. I learned so much over the years I was employed, how to reach outside my comfort zone and take on more responsibilities. I was trusted enough to implement a brand new program for Montana State University- the 1 credit beginning swim class and the 1 credit advanced swim class. This was probably the hardest part of my job, starting a new program from the ground up but this was also one of the biggest highlights of this job. It proved to myself what I truly was cable of doing. My co-workers were amazing and all shared in an equal passion with me for helping others learn how to swim and be safe around water. The management was outstanding as well, they were all so supportive in every dream I had for this new program and were extremely helpful in helping me reach them.
Pros
flexibe hours
Cons
no benefits
Productive, fast-paced, fun environment
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 13, 2015
Prospecting and cold calling was a large part of this job. Also working with an established list of clients and meeting deadlines and sales goals. Our work directly funded the production of the student newspaper. Responsible for following up with clients and assuring customer satisfaction.
Pros
fun selling environment, good management
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
Fun place to work, the hours are very flexible.
Music Librarian (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 12, 2015
Working of Montana State University in the School of Music has been the best job I've ever had. I have learned to use a copy machine, how to organize and take inventory of a music library, and figure out the easiest way to pass music out to the ensembles. If I ever need help I can always get help when I asked for it.
As a typical teaching assistant job..
Teaching Assistant for Economics (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 1, 2014
Employer/professor was very accommodating, great opportunity to work while attending school.
Pros
flexible schedule, access to department personnel
Good resources and independence
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 19, 2014
A typical day ranges from building datasets to teaching economics lessons.
I strengthened my quantitative and analytical background.
Mixed Feeling
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 22, 2014
The city is great but the rewards a the university are not satisfactory. Good companies do not come here during career fair
Nursing Educator
ASN/Online BSN Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greeat Falls, MTSeptember 21, 2014
Changing lives through education. This job has provided with the knowledge of how to develop student learning objective to meet the standards of our governing bodies.
Flexible and understanding working environment
Student intern/lab technician (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 8, 2014
I typically check in with my supervisor, complete tasks that they require, then continue to ask other co-workers if they need me to complete any particular tasks. I have learned a lot about efficient communication, effective and efficient decision making, and consistency in the area of customer interaction. The most difficult part of the job would have to have been the times in which Deadlines needed to be met, and all of the other office employees I work with would at times begin to show signs of stress and frustration. I always understood what they were experiencing, and was willing to do what I could to help them, however, their frustration and stress was not stemming from any particular task that I was qualified to help with. My favorite part of this job would certainly be the fact that I had very flexible hours, being a student worker this allowed me to keep up with grades as well as work and. I also really enjoyed the feeling of being trusted with the responsibility to oversee the completion of tasks that were vital to the responsibilities of the office to the campus. For example, I am responsible for making sure that when graduation ceremonies are conducted, there must be enough diplomas prepared and presented at ceremonies.
A desire to see students succeed
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 5, 2014
My employment is contract-based; however, I witnessed instructors passionately working toward providing students with the most current curriculum.
Great experience teaching undergrad students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTApril 12, 2014
I am interested in the possibility of teaching at the college level and am happy to gain experience at MSU.
fun place to study