Montana State University

Montana State University Employee Reviews

Great Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTJanuary 20, 2015
Loved working and attending Montana State.
My primary duties in this laboratory include
collecting blood and organs from mice to quantitate oxidative stress damage via ELISA methodology, and utilizing flow cytometry to quantitate CD4 and CD8 markers in spleen and thymus cells, and B220 in spleen cells. I participate in the processing of data and run statistics using JMP software. While with this laboratory I have written standard operating procedures (SOP’s), and prepared documents for publication.
Getting paid to go to school is, of course, great!
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTJanuary 14, 2015
Hard life, but comfortable working conditions. We are given our own offices for the second year of Thesis writing. I've learned a lot about my own capabilities, what I want and especially what I don't.
productive and fun work place with amzing coworkers and excellent management
Professor (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibe hours
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work for me at Montana State University varied. At the time I was working multiple positions there, all of which were at the Pool department. I learned so much over the years I was employed, how to reach outside my comfort zone and take on more responsibilities. I was trusted enough to implement a brand new program for Montana State University- the 1 credit beginning swim class and the 1 credit advanced swim class. This was probably the hardest part of my job, starting a new program from the ground up but this was also one of the biggest highlights of this job. It proved to myself what I truly was cable of doing. My co-workers were amazing and all shared in an equal passion with me for helping others learn how to swim and be safe around water. The management was outstanding as well, they were all so supportive in every dream I had for this new program and were extremely helpful in helping me reach them.
Productive, fast-paced, fun environment
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: fun selling environment, good management
Cons: limited opportunity for growth
Prospecting and cold calling was a large part of this job. Also working with an established list of clients and meeting deadlines and sales goals. Our work directly funded the production of the student newspaper. Responsible for following up with clients and assuring customer satisfaction.
Fun place to work, the hours are very flexible.
Music Librarian (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTJanuary 12, 2015
Working of Montana State University in the School of Music has been the best job I've ever had. I have learned to use a copy machine, how to organize and take inventory of a music library, and figure out the easiest way to pass music out to the ensembles. If I ever need help I can always get help when I asked for it.
As a typical teaching assistant job..
Teaching Assistant for Economics (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, access to department personnel
Employer/professor was very accommodating, great opportunity to work while attending school.
Good resources and independence
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTOctober 19, 2014
A typical day ranges from building datasets to teaching economics lessons.
I strengthened my quantitative and analytical background.
Mixed Feeling
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTSeptember 22, 2014
The city is great but the rewards a the university are not satisfactory. Good companies do not come here during career fair
Nursing Educator
ASN/Online BSN Instructor (Current Employee), Greeat Falls, MTSeptember 21, 2014
Changing lives through education. This job has provided with the knowledge of how to develop student learning objective to meet the standards of our governing bodies.
n/a
Assistant Academic Coordinator (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJune 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
 Became familiar with financial operations, procedures, policies as well as accounting and reporting
 Provided counseling to students based on individual needs
 Assisted edwith and coordinated multiple programs including research projects of students and faculties
 Maintained accurate and complete student records as required by laws, and district policies
 Acted as liaison among university management and students for any concerns or discussions
 Helped conduct workshops on study stradigees, career planning, self-help strategies
Flexible and understanding working environment
Student intern/lab technician (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTMay 8, 2014
I typically check in with my supervisor, complete tasks that they require, then continue to ask other co-workers if they need me to complete any particular tasks. I have learned a lot about efficient communication, effective and efficient decision making, and consistency in the area of customer interaction. The most difficult part of the job would have to have been the times in which Deadlines needed to be met, and all of the other office employees I work with would at times begin to show signs of stress and frustration. I always understood what they were experiencing, and was willing to do what I could to help them, however, their frustration and stress was not stemming from any particular task that I was qualified to help with. My favorite part of this job would certainly be the fact that I had very flexible hours, being a student worker this allowed me to keep up with grades as well as work and. I also really enjoyed the feeling of being trusted with the responsibility to oversee the completion of tasks that were vital to the responsibilities of the office to the campus. For example, I am responsible for making sure that when graduation ceremonies are conducted, there must be enough diplomas prepared and presented at ceremonies.
A desire to see students succeed
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Billings, MTMay 5, 2014
My employment is contract-based; however, I witnessed instructors passionately working toward providing students with the most current curriculum.
Great experience teaching undergrad students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTApril 12, 2014
I am interested in the possibility of teaching at the college level and am happy to gain experience at MSU.
fun place to study
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), bozemanJanuary 28, 2014
good place
very helpful people
easy funding
great outdoors
n/a
Assistant Web/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Great Falls, MtJanuary 26, 2014
Print Advertising, graphic design, website design, website updating/maintenance, collating data, spread sheets, photography, and research.
nice place to work with great benefits
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of complex systems to work on.
Cons: little/no opportunity for advancing one's career
I have learned a lot and expanded my career immensely while here.
MSU was tops
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTAugust 20, 2013
MSU provided a quality education together with a quality lifestyle.
Best Job I've Had
Resident Director (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJuly 4, 2013
Despite some lacking in professional development training from the supervisors, it was an amazing experience. The environment and people are outstanding, and it never really felt like work.
Montana State University Department of Mathematical Sciences is an excellent play to work.
Statistical Consultant (Current Employee), Department of Mathematical SciencesJune 8, 2013
Work normally starts at 8 AM and is over by 3 PM. My main responsibilities include teaching intermediate and introductory level statistics classes and holding office hours. Research (in nonlinear optimal design) occupies a chunk of my time and occasionally I do statistical consulting. The department has excellent management with very wonderful and resourceful people.

The most challenging part of my job is meeting consulting deadlines
By working in a culturally diverse environment, I have learned to work with people from all walks of life. This has enhanced my people skills significantly.
Great Employer
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTMay 30, 2013
They are always willing to work with your schedule and everyone is very personable.

About Montana State University

Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate – Read more

Montana State University Salaries