Montana State University Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful/incredibe work environment/great people/well organized
Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 10, 2016
I loved working for Montana State University Youth Sports Camp. The people are wonderful to work with. The children are an absolute joy to be around and safety was highly valued and well managed. I loved this camp and would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Wonderful Crew/Great Kids/Well Organized/Safety highly valued
Cons
Rainy and stormy days
MT isn't NY or anywhere else for that matter
Curriculum Coordinator/Writer (Current Employee) –  Havre, MTApril 12, 2016
If you're a Type-A personality used to strict deadline and things that happen "in a NY minute" then MT is NOT the place for you. Havre, MT, the location of the university only has 9,000 people in it, and housing is expensive compared to wages for most people.
That said, I worked with the absolute nicest, most giving people of my career at this school, and the current chancellor is the most upstanding individual I have ever had as a boss.
If you don't mind that the nearest Starbucks is a 90 minute drive south of town, and you want genuinely good people to work with, you'll like MSU-Northern.
Pros
Kind people
Cons
remote, slow pace
Working with college students was both rewarding and enjoyable.
Residence Life/Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 5, 2016
My time spent at MSU was filled with daily tasks along with weekly, monthly and yearly projects that involved other sections of Auxiliary Service. Every day was a new experience with co-workers and students which made for an air of excitement.
The hardest part of the job was the summer break and the students where gone. I also had the opportunity to learn different programs for our department and how it all interacted with the college.
Pros
Very much apart of the college atmosphere and the events.
Cons
Paying for parking and getting paid once a month.
Umm... second review??
Montana State Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  MontanaApril 28, 2016
Loved it, not more i can say. This place will always hold a special place in my heart. The workers and management really love to help and support you in every way possible.
Pros
Worked around my Schedules.
Cons
Nothing.
Great work atmosphere
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 5, 2016
MSU provides a very supportive work environment. While their health plan varies in its coverage, mostly because of trouble negotiating packages at the university level, the Wellness incentive program rewards you for being healthy and proactive.
Interesting work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 22, 2016
My main duties were to oversee the seed distribution in planting containers for wheat hybrids. The work was monotonous but the schedule was flexible.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  BozemanJune 3, 2016
This job is made better every day by the wonderful people I am surrounded by. I could not ask for a better environment in which to work.
Great benefits package, and cultural atmosphere
Financial Aid Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 4, 2015
Red tape and politics are part of the environment.
I really enjoyed working with the students and their parents, assisting them to work through the financial aid maze.
I met some great people there.
Pros
educational opportunities
Msu
DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 5, 2016
Amazing place to start working as a student. The environment in which the work is set up is friendly. The staff who guide the student workers are friendly and very helpful.
School
Test plot employee (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 28, 2015
Fantastic organization from top to bottom, truly feel like you are part of the team. Wouldn't trade my time spent here for anything and would highly recommend this university.
Is was agreat experience while getting my MPA
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  BozemanMay 16, 2015
I worked after my classes and learned more about the History of the United States, Government, Civics, the Constitution, etc. I did not have a supervisor, used the learning lab at MSU and had HS students who needed help. The hardest part was not to have enough materials to help me teach them what they wanted, so I had to rely on their books. I enjoyed seeing progress in the students I taught and when they had pass their test and obtained better scores.
Pros
Help students while learning new things
Cons
Limited time on the weekends because I did not live close to the campus
Great!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 18, 2015
Great place and beautiful environment to study and work. Awesome teachers and supportive staff always ready to help. Would recommend this place to anyone.
Great Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 20, 2015
Loved working and attending Montana State.
My primary duties in this laboratory include
collecting blood and organs from mice to quantitate oxidative stress damage via ELISA methodology, and utilizing flow cytometry to quantitate CD4 and CD8 markers in spleen and thymus cells, and B220 in spleen cells. I participate in the processing of data and run statistics using JMP software. While with this laboratory I have written standard operating procedures (SOP’s), and prepared documents for publication.
Productive, fast-paced, fun environment
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 13, 2015
Prospecting and cold calling was a large part of this job. Also working with an established list of clients and meeting deadlines and sales goals. Our work directly funded the production of the student newspaper. Responsible for following up with clients and assuring customer satisfaction.
Pros
fun selling environment, good management
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
was a paycheck
Student Janitor (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTJuly 22, 2015
learned how to run a map and broom and how to wax a floor. It was ok to work nothing to hard just got to be doing the same thing day in day out.
Fun place to work, the hours are very flexible.
Music Librarian (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 12, 2015
Working of Montana State University in the School of Music has been the best job I've ever had. I have learned to use a copy machine, how to organize and take inventory of a music library, and figure out the easiest way to pass music out to the ensembles. If I ever need help I can always get help when I asked for it.
Busy and Fun work environment
Part time Condo Supervisor/Student Worker (Former Employee) –  .Bozeman, MTJanuary 13, 2014
Working at the university is a great opportunity to meet and work with a variety of people. Many employees were from different countries from all over the globe. Employees learned to work with each other in a productive and efficient way despite language barriers or cultural differences
Pros
Pros: Free meals, very flexible hours and regular pay raises
Cons
Cons: Students are only allowed to work 20 hours a week
Montana State University Department of Mathematical Sciences is an excellent play to work.
Statistical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Department of Mathematical SciencesJune 8, 2013
Work normally starts at 8 AM and is over by 3 PM. My main responsibilities include teaching intermediate and introductory level statistics classes and holding office hours. Research (in nonlinear optimal design) occupies a chunk of my time and occasionally I do statistical consulting. The department has excellent management with very wonderful and resourceful people.

The most challenging part of my job is meeting consulting deadlines
By working in a culturally diverse environment, I have learned to work with people from all walks of life. This has enhanced my people skills significantly.
Research oriented graduate program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTApril 16, 2012
Great program if you are seeking a career in research or nutrition. A student has presented a oral presentation at the Annual meeting of the Northwest Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine for the past 8 years. However, not as strong in clinical exercise physiology. Would be great if they expanded and developed a PhD program.
Pros
factors of endurance performance, sports nutrition
Cons
be careful who you pick to be your advisor.
Excellent college, great experiences and valuable knowledge gained.
Manufacturing Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 11, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences at Montana State University. The professors I got to know on a personal level and still keep in contact with many of them. I truly enjoyed student teaching while I was there and felt at home in the manufacturing facility and throughout campus. If given the chance I wouldn't change a thing about my experiences at Montana State.
Pros
great engineering college with excellent staff, nestled in one of my favorite places in the world bozeman montana.

4.4