Montana State University

Montana State University Employer Reviews

n/a
Assistant Web/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Great Falls, MtJanuary 26, 2014
Print Advertising, graphic design, website design, website updating/maintenance, collating data, spread sheets, photography, and research.
nice place to work with great benefits
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of complex systems to work on.
Cons: little/no opportunity for advancing one's career
I have learned a lot and expanded my career immensely while here.
MSU was tops
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTAugust 20, 2013
MSU provided a quality education together with a quality lifestyle.
Best Job I've Had
Resident Director (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJuly 4, 2013
Despite some lacking in professional development training from the supervisors, it was an amazing experience. The environment and people are outstanding, and it never really felt like work.
Montana State University Department of Mathematical Sciences is an excellent play to work.
Statistical Consultant (Current Employee), Department of Mathematical SciencesJune 8, 2013
Work normally starts at 8 AM and is over by 3 PM. My main responsibilities include teaching intermediate and introductory level statistics classes and holding office hours. Research (in nonlinear optimal design) occupies a chunk of my time and occasionally I do statistical consulting. The department has excellent management with very wonderful and resourceful – more... people.

The most challenging part of my job is meeting consulting deadlines
By working in a culturally diverse environment, I have learned to work with people from all walks of life. This has enhanced my people skills significantly. – less
Great Employer
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTMay 30, 2013
They are always willing to work with your schedule and everyone is very personable.
Good first job
Front Desk Clerk in South Hedges (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTMay 23, 2013
Pros: time to study, meet a lot of people
Cons: security shifts are boring and long
Not a whole lot to sacrifice for this job. It's perfect for students who are just looking for a way to make some extra money. You can do your homework whenever nothing is going on, the tasks aren't too much to handle. All in all, it's a decent job.
Productive and fun work place with excellent scheduling
Food Service Student Manager (Current Employee), Bozeman MontanaMay 21, 2013
This work place provides many options for work hours and works hard to accommodate scheduling to suit the needs of its employees.
Excellent Academic Setting
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTMay 16, 2013
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, work was mainly determined by my schedule. I taught one three credit course a semester as well as four hours a week in the MSU Writing Center. I was generally free to conduct myself as I saw fit. The pay and benefits are on the low side of graduate-level fellowships, but it is possible to live on it.
Loved working there
Staff (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTMay 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, hours, employee culture
Cons: opportunities for advancement
I loved working for this organization. Departments, faculty and staff worked well with one another and genuinely wanted one another to succeed. There was a strong focus on student success and innovative thinking toward the future and improvement on the college as a whole.
Interesting Work
REU Student Intern (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTFebruary 20, 2013
The communications lab at Montana State University does very interesting work and is well funded by grants claimed by respected PIs. Bozeman is one of the most beautiful areas I have ever lived in. It has a friendly community as well as great culture.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Havre, MTJanuary 29, 2013
I worked with students everyday and it was a pleasure helping them. College is a rewarding endeavor and it helps to aid others in that.
Productive and supportive office
Student Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTDecember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, supportive group of people
This review is for the MSU Office of Institutional Equity. The employees of this office are great! They are hard working and very supportive of one another. They were always willing to work around my class schedule. I learned an so much about the recruitment and hiring processes from these great co-workers!
Excellent college, great experiences and valuable knowledge gained.
Manufacturing Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTNovember 11, 2012
Pros: great engineering college with excellent staff, nestled in one of my favorite places in the world bozeman montana.
I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences at Montana State University. The professors I got to know on a personal level and still keep in contact with many of them. I truly enjoyed student teaching while I was there and felt at home in the manufacturing facility and throughout campus. If given the chance I wouldn't change a thing about my experiences at Montana – more... State. – less
Enjoyable
Equipment Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJune 16, 2012
1. Set up the field, wash uniforms, manage the integrity of the athletic department
2. How to manage my time
3. Punctual
4. Always a pleasure to work with
5. keeping all the athletic progams in order
6. Traveling and the job it self i love sports
Research oriented graduate program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTApril 16, 2012
Pros: factors of endurance performance, sports nutrition
Cons: be careful who you pick to be your advisor.
Great program if you are seeking a career in research or nutrition. A student has presented a oral presentation at the Annual meeting of the Northwest Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine for the past 8 years. However, not as strong in clinical exercise physiology. Would be great if they expanded and developed a PhD program.
Nice place to work
Departmental Accountant (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTMarch 7, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: too much micro management
Some departments are better to work for than others. It all depends on who you are working for, of course.
Excellent work place, great experience to be gained
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTFebruary 11, 2012
Pros: employee discountsm convenient with schedule
Cons: hard to transition to full time after graduation
I worked at MSU as a student and gained valuable skills and work experience. It highly valued time management and customer service.
Its a great place to work and also for a guaduate student like me, TA is one of the best jobs one can get on campus.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), EPS buildingDecember 22, 2011
Pros: great experience to work with undergrads.
Cons: not offered in summer term.
This is one of the the best jobs I have done till now. The only disadvantage it has it that its not offered in summer term. So one has to find a different job during summer term.
Productive, respectful and enjoyble place to work
Assistant Research Professor (Former Employee), Bozeman, MontanaSeptember 26, 2011
Pros: people and work environment were great.
Cons: fair to poor salaries
Great place to work and live. The salary was fair to low but the students, people, MSU staff and professor were among the best I have know.
I honestly regret moving to work somewhere else.

About Montana State University

Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate – Read more