Montcalm Community College Employee Reviews

Job was relaxed
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MIJune 24, 2017
Relaxed pace, almost too relaxed for someone coming from a hospital setting. I enjoyed the students. It was a far drive from my home in the middle of nowhere, so I only did this for 2 years.
Cons
Remote location
Fun workplace
Recration Monitor (Current Employee) –  Sidney, MIMay 25, 2017
This has been one of the best working environments i have worked in. They care about me as a person and not just another employee. I have been working here in 2 different positions for over 4 years.
Pros
They work with your family life and school schedule
Cons
no benifits. and cannot work over 25 hours if you are part-time.
Community College
Director and Financial Aid Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Sidney, MIMay 1, 2017
Manage overall progress of office. Interpret and implement Financial Aid laws. Supervise up to 10 employees. Promote teamwork. Serve on multiple committees, internal and external.
Pros
Cons
Enrollment decline
Fun and informative environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MIJanuary 30, 2017
This job entailed many different tasks from making molar mixtures for chemistry labs to making slides for anatomy and physiology tests. I learned how to properly mix molar compounds prepare slides and tissue samples. Management structure was supported by the various instructors and lab supervisor. The structure worked very well for the environment.
Pros
Varied tasks and responsibilities.
Cons
Not always having work labs to set up.
Gamers' Club officiating is rewarding, though without pay
Gamers' Club Officer: Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MichiganOctober 7, 2015
Working with the club was always amusing. I had a few responsibilities that were time consuming and tedious, but overall, a very enjoyable experience. My fellow officers knew what they were doing which made my part much easier. If this had been a paying gig, it would have been the perfect job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No pay
Montcalm Community College exemplifies an all around educational experience to every individual that comes in contact with it.
Work-Study Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sidney, MINovember 23, 2014
There is no better on the job training then being a work-study at Montcalm Community College. I have learned administrative, bookkeeping, receptionist, event scheduler, document production and various other valuable employ-ability skills.

The hardest part of this job will be leaving. MCC is such a family oriented environment, that I feel like I am leaving home.

The most enjoyable part of this job is probably all the various job duties that I have had and interacting with such a diverse realm of individuals including students, administrators and emeritus.
Pros
The foundation that it allows an individual to create.
Cons
Funding cuts
Productive and fun environment.
IT Communications/Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Sidney, MISeptember 30, 2014
Wonderful people to work with. Learned a lot while in the service desk arena. Supervisors were fantastic and very understanding of class schedules, which one would expect at an educational institution. Would have stayed if I hadn't moved out of state.
Pros
People
Excellent work environment.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sidney, MIJune 20, 2014
Growth in encouraged. Positive feedback, pleasant place to work.
Awesomeness
Assistant VA Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MINovember 23, 2013
Very uplifting place to work, nice people nice friendly envirement in which an individual can grow and learn.
Pros
Get to meet people
Cons
downtime can be very slow
Very nice workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MISeptember 16, 2013
I was an adjunct instructor for Early Childhood Development as well as Chemistry. The administrators there were very nice to work for.
Montcalm Community College
Tutor/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MIMay 9, 2013
This was a great place to work. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I some times learned as my students learned new software. I enjoyed working with people and problem solving.
Loved working at MCC, co-workers and faculty are great.
Web Intern (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MIMarch 22, 2012
Montcalm Community College encourages individual growth. One is comfortable in stating opinions and input in a large meeting. MCC's staff is friendly and fun to work with. The work environment is clean and healthy. MCC's culture is easy going, open door, inviting. I would highly recommend Montcalm Community College for continued learning and growth as well as employment.
Pros
great benefits