Montclair Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Former worker
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 19, 2016
The hospital is small! The employees have worked the forever!! The pay is so little so employees are usually new grads and they plan on staying for a year or less, but hospital makes these poor kids sign contract!! Due to the size of hospital you can be called off if your new you get called off but they keep the 70 year olds.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Not sure if you will work or be called off, some employees have been there all their lives (literally some icu nurses are very old!!), They older employees get away with alot do to cultural respect!!, Very sad because management has a lot of potential!!
I loved working at MHMC - Great people to work with
Performance Improvment Manager (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I had the privilege of working middle management at MHMC. At the time of my tenure the CNO and CEO I worked with were really great and supportive. Support from the Corporate office was also wonderful. What I liked most was the opportunity for growth, advancement and training. The Corporation takes pride at ensuring compliance and ensuring staff have the tools and resources needed to provide good patient care and services. The nursing staff, physicians and ancillary staff were wonderful people, showing care and compassion for the patients and overall great team work. I really loved working here. This is based on my own personal experience working with this hospital and other hospitals within the PHS network over a period of five years.
Pros
Team work, corporate support, advancement, professionalism, community outreach, network with other hospitals
Cons
salary, workload, job security-related to the many changes in healthcare laws
Great place
PACS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAAugust 24, 2015
Great place to learn and gain experience. Greatest part of the job is my co-workers, great bunch of people dedicated to patient care.
Fast paced and productive work environment.
PBX Operator/Patient Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAJuly 22, 2014
A typical day at work can be fast paced at any time of the day admitting patients into the hospital. I learned all the responsibilities within registering an inpatient and outpatient, including newborns into the patient system which is called Medi-tech. Doing patient discharges and answering incoming phone calls are also part of the daily tasks. Management and co-workers all make up an outstanding team that executes their duties productively and on a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is having to hold back emotion when seeing severe ill patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling extremely helpful to patients by giving them a warm experience in providing the appropriate care and treatment they need. It is self-rewarding knowing that I can help others in their hospital admitting process.
Everyday is a learning experience.
ICU Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAJune 16, 2014
The hardest part of my job is getting along with a lot of different personalities. Both professionally and with patients.
Pros
great boss!
Cons
short breaks.
fun work place, learn a little bit of everything
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAJune 12, 2014
great for a new grad. get to learn a little of everything. not too busy of a day. great management very friendly co workers.
Pros
free health care
Cons
low pay
Productive workpalce
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAMarch 26, 2014
Great place to gain experience, small community hospital allows for great working relationships between nurses and physicians. Work team is like a family!
Pros
flexible schedule, team oriented
Cons
not the best benefits
Serious, focus and prepared at all times
Surgical Technologist Internship (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAFebruary 10, 2014
* A typical day at work: Review all schedule assign for the day, get all materials ready in advance, prepare, setup instruments and assist the surgeon, pickup, clean and get prepare for the next task.
*Every day I would learn something new, and on this field I personally feel there's always something new to learn.
*The manager were great, always one step ahead on informing us on what is needed, to have a successful day.
*The medical field is very important to really be a team player, I never had that problem in this field or any were else.
*The hardest part of this job is seeing the patient in so much pain but the enjoyable part of this job is that I was part of the team that gave the patient a helping hand.
Restorative Care
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAOctober 3, 2013
>Responsible for total restorative care of a patient's
>Hands on intervention of care
>Data collection and logs for improvement
>Medical Terminology
>Assisting RNs and MDs
>Collaborate with a charge nurse
>Administer medication
>Report to RNs for patient condition and updates
>Use equipment in health care
>Management very involve
Pros
experience on variety of health services
Cons
workload is high
Productive Environment, Professional Co workers
RN MedSurg - Telemetry, ER (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAMay 2, 2013
I love the teamwork in all departments, friendly staff, good management , to much computer documentation with less interaction with patients.
Pros
teamwork in each department
Cons
low salary
work security
security (Former Employee) –  securityApril 19, 2013
Not a good place to work..they watch your every move. Security work alone for almost 7 hrs. No help...no assist..manager think she knows ut all. Not a good place to work
Pros
getting off
Cons
non
Working as a Diet Clerk
AM Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 9, 2013
I have had the opportunity to work as a Diet Clerk for two years. My responsibilities included interviewing patients regarding their food preferences, preparing snacks for the diabetic and renal patients, performing the last check of patient meal trays prior to delivery, and adjusting patients' menus to fit their diet order, diagnosis, and their daily eating habits. I learned a lot about nutrition and dietetics and how it can be used to heal and possibly harm. The most enjoyable part of this job was interviewing the patients. I enjoyed the patient contact as it allowed me to learn about their conditions and how food is used to treat such conditions. It was especially a learning experience when I would need to make food substitutions in case the patients disliked a certain food that was already being offered as part of their daily meal plan. Other things I learned while at this job was the theories and the practices behind therapeutic diets.
Pros
free meals, work experience in my field of study (nutrition and dietetics)
Cons
per diem position, no benefits (health, etc.)
great place to work, loved working with staff, supervision,physicians & management and I miss them all.
Night ER Charge Nurties (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAMarch 30, 2013
ER nights sometimes was extremely busy others not as much.
I learn new ways grow professionally each and every time on was on. I learned from my nursing peers both new and experienced not only in the ER from other nurses on each floor as well. I learned allot from the physicians as well.

My unit Director and nursing supervisors were just great to work with. They not only had quality patient care at heart but all staff as well.

The hardest part of my job was when we lost life and realizing it was just their time to move on.

The most enjoyable part was working there was working with the most wonderful group of people and patients I have ever come across.

The only reason why I left there was because I moved to North Carolina.
Pros
continuing education opportunities, hospital management appreciation of it's employees
Cons
i really can't think of any

Montclair Hospital Medical Center Reviews by Location