Montclair Hospital Medical Center

Montclair Hospital Medical Center Employer Reviews

Everyday is a learning experience.
ICU Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Montclair, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: great boss!
Cons: short breaks.
The hardest part of my job is getting along with a lot of different personalities. Both professionally and with patients.
fun work place, learn a little bit of everything
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Montclair, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: free health care
Cons: low pay
great for a new grad. get to learn a little of everything. not too busy of a day. great management very friendly co workers.
Productive workpalce
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, team oriented
Cons: not the best benefits
Great place to gain experience, small community hospital allows for great working relationships between nurses and physicians. Work team is like a family!
Serious, focus and prepared at all times
Surgical Technologist Internship (Former Employee), Montclair, CAFebruary 10, 2014
* A typical day at work: Review all schedule assign for the day, get all materials ready in advance, prepare, setup instruments and assist the surgeon, pickup, clean and get prepare for the next task.
*Every day I would learn something new, and on this field I personally feel there's always something new to learn.
*The manager were great, always one step ahead on informing us on what is needed, to have a successful day.
*The medical field is very important to really be a team player, I never had that problem in this field or any were else.
*The hardest part of this job is seeing the patient in so much pain but the enjoyable part of this job is that I was part of the team that gave the patient a helping hand.
Restorative Care
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Montclair, CAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: experience on variety of health services
Cons: workload is high
>Responsible for total restorative care of a patient's
>Hands on intervention of care
>Data collection and logs for improvement
>Medical Terminology
>Assisting RNs and MDs
>Collaborate with a charge nurse
>Administer medication
>Report to RNs for patient condition and updates
>Use equipment in health care
>Management very involve
Productive Environment, Professional Co workers
RN MedSurg - Telemetry, ER (Current Employee), Montclair, CAMay 2, 2013
Pros: teamwork in each department
Cons: low salary
I love the teamwork in all departments, friendly staff, good management , to much computer documentation with less interaction with patients.
work security
security (Former Employee), securityApril 19, 2013
Pros: getting off
Cons: non
Not a good place to work..they watch your every move. Security work alone for almost 7 hrs. No help...no assist..manager think she knows ut all. Not a good place to work
Working as a Diet Clerk
AM Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Montclair, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: free meals, work experience in my field of study (nutrition and dietetics)
Cons: per diem position, no benefits (health, etc.)
I have had the opportunity to work as a Diet Clerk for two years. My responsibilities included interviewing patients regarding their food preferences, preparing snacks for the diabetic and renal patients, performing the last check of patient meal trays prior to delivery, and adjusting patients' menus to fit their diet order, diagnosis, and their daily eating habits. I learned a lot about nutrition and dietetics and how it can be used to heal and possibly harm. The most enjoyable part of this job was interviewing the patients. I enjoyed the patient contact as it allowed me to learn about their conditions and how food is used to treat such conditions. It was especially a learning experience when I would need to make food substitutions in case the patients disliked a certain food that was already being offered as part of their daily meal plan. Other things I learned while at this job was the theories and the practices behind therapeutic diets.
great place to work, loved working with staff, supervision,physicians & management and I miss them all.
Night ER Charge Nurties (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: continuing education opportunities, hospital management appreciation of it's employees
Cons: i really can't think of any
ER nights sometimes was extremely busy others not as much.
I learn new ways grow professionally each and every time on was on. I learned from my nursing peers both new and experienced not only in the ER from other nurses on each floor as well. I learned allot from the physicians as well.

My unit Director and nursing supervisors were just great to work with. They not only had quality patient care at heart but all staff as well.

The hardest part of my job was when we lost life and realizing it was just their time to move on.

The most enjoyable part was working there was working with the most wonderful group of people and patients I have ever come across.

The only reason why I left there was because I moved to North Carolina.