Montclair State University

Montclair State University Employer Reviews

The Montclarion is well-run and fun to write for
writer (Current Employee), Montclair, NJMarch 11, 2014
I have enjoyed writing book reviews for the Montclarion, and I hope to take the skills I am practicing now with me to a job as a reviewer.
great place to work, colleagues are awesome, students are great
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Montclair, NJJanuary 14, 2014
love working here. Great start since I was out of the teaching world for quite a few years to raise a family.
Not a place to work if you value job culture and integrity
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: employee treatment and unfortunate faculty behavior
I was sorely disappointed with this university. Faculty members show bias in grading and are unwilling to help students. I would not recommend this organization.
wonderful working environment
Graduate Tutor (Current Employee), Montclair, NJDecember 16, 2013
My day on the job starts with going around the lab asking students whether they need help on their work. And then go prepare to lead focus groups. After my focus group I come back to the lab to help students with their work. the management team is wonderful and supports us well by providing the necessary logistics we need to help students
Enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montclair, NJDecember 13, 2013
- A typical day at work was easy going.
- I learned how to work with people and learned how to work as a team.
- Worked directly with the administrators and the program assistant.
- The hardest part was dealing with the students parents.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students and helping them with their next big step, college.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Montclair, NJNovember 12, 2013
worked with amazing people. helped me grow and worked better with others
excellent
Locksmith / Groundperson (Former Employee), Montclair, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits
good work environment.... they offer so many different things for employees. well what can i say its a state job
Reasonable adjunct work
Adjunct Instructor, Classics Department (Former Employee), Montclair, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility for teaching schedules
Cons: pay scale lower than rutgers university
As an adjunct at Montclair State University, I found students somewhat less eager to do well than at Rutgers University, but overall they were good-natured and generally attentive in class. Management was hands-off, as long as one does one's job. It was a bit difficult keeping office hours as office space was severely limited. The most difficult aspect – more... of the job was the fact that it could never become full-time. Parking for adjuncts was at times very difficult. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with students and encouraging them to value what the humanities have to offer. – less
Very Routine and Organized day
Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Montclair, NJOctober 28, 2013
My days consisted of answering phone calls, attending meetings, sending emails, and keeping the Director of Development's schedule organized.
It was a great opportunity
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Montclair, NJOctober 2, 2013
Working as a community assistant was a very enjoyable job. The relationship among my co workers was similar to a family. I was able to develop my communication skills as well as become more familiar with excel sheets and powerpoint.
Friendly and hardworking environment
Research/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Montclair, NJSeptember 11, 2013
Most days I would be helping run the Clinical and Community Studies laboratory in Montclair State University. I would run subjects and analyze/code the data. Working alongside my supervisor was a great and knowledgeable experience. The hours were flexible but everyday I was doing something regarding the lab or helping out as a teaching assistant in – more... undergrad courses. – less
Productive workplace with ample possibilities for learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Montclair, NJAugust 10, 2013
The job was work-from -home with regular reporting to my research supervisor, thus it was quite flexible. It gave me a view of the current trends in linguistic research and an opportunity to gain valuable research experience.
Great work enviroment, unfortunately no job security with minimal pay.
Administrative Assistant Undergraduate Admission (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 26, 2013
Pros: they trust your abilities to get the job done with limited pressure.
Cons: job security and pay.
This was a temporary position I took in 2009 in order to go back to work without having to hire childcare. My schedule was very flexible. My job kept be busy, management was very likeable and fair.Unfortunately it was temporary. It is time for me to move onto a job that can incorporate all my skills.
Productive and High Pace
Bursars -Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 17, 2013
Review day to day credit and debit transactions, good dynamic between employees, no aggressive competition as it is in corporate.
work life balace.low career advancement
Lead Developer (Current Employee), montclair ,NJJuly 15, 2013
Cons: no work pressure, lack of cutting edge technology exposure
work life balance is good.Nice collegues and also the benefits are good if you are full time even though the take home salary is lower compared to industry. The work pressure is literally nil. This is infact a deterrent in the long run as you turn redundant and out of touch with the industry changes.
Fun, laid-back environment
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJune 26, 2013
Good department with fun co-workers. Workload was manageable and always interesting.
Helping our youth become professionals
Admissions Ambassador Coordinator (Former Employee), Upper Montclair, NJJune 22, 2013
This post was most enjoyable because it is my first job in which my energy, knowledge, and helpfulness was of utmost importance to the student body. In helping organize events like open houses and information sessions, I'm glad to know that I was the liaison for many student so transition from high school to college and some beyond that to a graduate – more... degree and the working world. Seeing the students become successful was my reward everyday. – less
Nicknamed the job wristcutters
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Montclair, NJMay 29, 2013
Pros: use gym for free, cool coworkers, lots of hours
Cons: rude and often mean prostaff
My coworkers and I used to joke that this job was just like the movie wristcutters, because nobody ever smiles. It hard to smile at a job when you feel like your bosses are out to get you. They are not very understanding and will find a reason to write you up.
Cool working envrionment
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee), Montclair, NJMay 18, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: nothing bad
A great internship experience, nice people to work with. A solving problem environment.
Great School
Park Counselor recreational leader (Former Employee), Montclair, NJMay 13, 2013
I am very satisfied with the time I spent at Montclair State University. I played football there for four years and really grew as both a person and a student.