Montclair State University Employee Reviews

An ok job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 27, 2017
It's alright. Very friend atmosphere but with good co workers. Although a very disorganized environment. Hard to get into contact with superiors. Lots of miscommunication.
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
unorganized, no benefits
Gifted and Talented Program
Gifted Program Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 21, 2017
The students are wonderful but the new courses and administration are a mess.

I worked part time, weekends and summers as a Gifted and Talented instructor of students ranging k-12. The workload was heavy. You creative all assignments on your own, have very limited supplies/budget and the other employees are very difficult and judgemental.
Pros
Great program
Cons
Lots of work, grumpy employees
Productive and experience builder
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 12, 2017
Very calm,motivated by the professional around me. i like to ask question when i am not sure of what to do and i get the right answers each time; that is like the to go for me.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no breaks because you do not work longer shifts
Good place to work in!
Teaching/Graduate Research Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 11, 2017
Great professors and staff, good organization. Everybody was very helpful and I learned a lot in that position. My position was part time so it ended when I finished school.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
attention to details was not important
great place
Research/laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 9, 2017
really a nice place to work and study. was a graduate student there for my masters degree. worked as a student assistant for 2 semester and research assistant for 1 semester. pleasant experience.
Great Job, Great People, Great Environment
Clinic Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJApril 5, 2017
I love my job and those I work with. It gets crazy on certain days with many students, clients, children, etc. all in the same place but then there are also times it is more relaxed and quiet. It's nice to feel a part of something that is so successful.
Interactive
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 5, 2017
The Lab Assistant position requires a lot of customer service skills, daily interactions with students and faculty, minor jobs, troubleshooting issues on computers and printers.
UITS work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 28, 2017
I worked as an IT associate that assisted professors and students with any software or hardware issues. Mostly, provided tech support over the phone and some in person clinics such as a virus clinic. The job was mostly there to get my feet wet within the field and a good way to get experience in the tech world while still in school.
A typical Day at work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 15, 2017
i worked as a lab assistant, checking in students to print, or complete work. Fixed computers and printers when they were down.
Worked in one of the class room buildings providing customer service to students, professors and outside guests.
Student workstudy
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 27, 2017
This was an easy lab job. you helped people when they needed help and worked on your own school work at the same time. I learned many computer skills here and became literate in multiple areas of the computer technology field.
Pros
Was capable of completing schoolwork during work hours.
Cons
Low pay
Invaluable Learning Experience
Senior Sociology Researcher (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 24, 2017
While working as a researcher for MSU, I learned hands on and developed various academic skills related to research design, literature review, statistical analysis, test administration, and more.
Registrar Department, always busy
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 7, 2017
Great co-workers to work with, always a high volume of work.
Depending on you assignment you are always expected to perform customer servicel
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Gym
EOF tutor (Former Employee) –  Norman avenueFebruary 6, 2017
Used to go to the gym with friends. It was very good place to go to, especially during midterm and final exams because it was one of my mechanism to calm the nerves.
Very exciting work environment, Great learning experience
Facility Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJFebruary 6, 2017
It was a great learning experience. Being apart of a team and helping teammates with different solutions and making faster ways to get the job done it was a great time.
Great work environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Excellent work environment. From the people to the campus itself, Montclair State University provides excellent employment opportunities for anyone who is interested in higher education.
informative and skill building place to work
Graduate Assistant, IMBA Dept., NJ (Current Employee) –  Feliciano School of BusinessJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work involves tutoring students, completing any research or administrative tasks given by professors or the chair of the department. The work culture is quiet fun but also time sensitive. Hardest part with the work is the ability to deal with uncertainty.
Pros
networking with professors, tution wavied
Productive and exciting work environment
Aquatics Department Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJ 07043January 22, 2017
Working with college students is energizing and exciting. As a current student, I thrive off of creating opportunities for other students to have fun, get involved, and make a difference.
Nice campus
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoy working at MSU. The location, the campus and the environment is pleasant. You'll find some work a lifetime and others are transitioned out as quickly as they came in. All depends who's leading and nurturing your role.
Help people all across campus with great and fun people
IT Phone Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJNovember 5, 2016
I have learned a great amount of Customer Service Skills, Information Technology Skills, Computer Hardware/repair skills, and AV skills while working here the past year and a half. Working with great people who are always there to help you is by far the best part of this job, everyone treats you as friends and family.
Productive and new built labs
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, New JerseyOctober 21, 2016
I have enjoyed working here. I have achieved the most in the research here. Looking forward to similar, competitive environment.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montclair State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3