Montclair State University

Independent Research in the Hudson Highlands, NY
Gradute Assistant (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJanuary 1, 2015
Master's Thesis

Project Included:
- Field work such as mapping and sample collection
- Rock sample preparation for analysis via light microscopy and ICP-OES/MS
- Organization and interpretation of large amounts of geochemical data
Nice people and helpful resources
Research¬†Assistant¬† (Current Employee), Montclair, NJDecember 17, 2014
Pros: resourceful
Cons: don't pay well
A nice campus where you could meet hardworkign collegues. Professors are always there to help. The environment around is nice and quiet, yet the transportation to NYC is convenient.
Peer Leader for New Freshman Class
Equal Opportunity Peer Leader (Former Employee), Upper Montclair, NJNovember 27, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule, easy work environment, great experience
Cons: tough schedule, busy, job requires focus and patience
Coordinated, implemented and evaluated civic, social, educational, recreational and leisure student life programs for freshman class college students.

A typical work day could consist of helping new freshman with scheduling, finding courses in their curriculum, helping them buy books and materials as well as showing them where that classes would be.

The hardest part of the job was remembering that you are a student leader and whatever you do will reflect on the new student either positive or negative, and that you were responsible for the success or failure of their first college experience.
An enjoyable place to work
Secretary (per-diem) (Former Employee), Montclair, NJNovember 4, 2014
A typical day at work was to schedule appointments for clients, whether they be by phone or client walk-in. I learned that people from all walks to life have problems or deal with issues differently and I learned that it is great to have this resource at colleges for students, as well as staff. Management - I reported directly to the Director and Associate Director and both individuals were great! My co-workers were nice also. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing and talking to our clients, as well as some staff members. The hardest part, or perhaps, I won't say hard was multi-tasking (when phones were ringing, clients coming into the office, because they had scheduled appointments and perhaps I was printing out a clients information on the computer. But all in all, I liked the job.
Excellent
Student Assistant | Dean of Students (Former Employee), 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJOctober 3, 2014
Great way to get to know people on campus. Very advantageous when it comes to not knowing something as a student and who you could go to for help. Friends are made easily and your work schedule depends on the time that your classes occur. Get to know the Deans. You will be very happy you did.
Indeed a great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Montclair, NJSeptember 28, 2014
It has been my honor to be a part of such comprehensive research faculty. Everyone here is helpful and I always had the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Hands on learning experience has equipped me with so much knowledge on both molecular biology and microbiology that I believe I can be an asset to the industry.
Great job for work study in college
SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Montclair, NJAugust 27, 2014
As a college student, this what the perfect decision for me at the time. Flexible hours allowed ample time to manage school work. It was a fun environment working with friends and you were able to make your own schedule.
Very productive, growth and development opportunity
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 7, 2014
When I get to work in the mornings, I spend the first few minutes planning my day, I first of all follow up on matteres that required further follow up and then I begin my research for the day. I handle different projects and pending on how big they are I break them into phases and address them on an hourly basis. I take my lunch most times around 2/3pm. Attend to students needs from 4pm-5:15pm and then round up for the day. If it were a school day I will head to my class and if not I will head home by 7pm.

The most enjoyable part of the Job is being able to accomplish your set task for the day and more importantly add value to the students and department as a whole.

There is hardly a worst part of my day. Its generally smooth, unless you have to liaise with other departments that might stall on that particular project, therefor affecting timelines.
Supportive of professional development.
Enterprise Mac Specialist (Current Employee), Montclair, NJAugust 5, 2014
Pros: unionized job that has quite a few perks if interested in furthering education.
Cons: many silos that are tough to break down.
Low to Mid Management = Good
Many opportunities to expand knowledge from others.
Very supportive of Professional Development.
Productive and helping students
Guide students (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work, I walk in and work on paper work, organizing files, and also making sure all paper work course is listed for the spring semester. What I have learn is how guidance work in the office and also what being in the office would like if I ever work as guidance consular.
safe enviornment, working with students
Office of information Technology, Lab Assistant (Former Employee), montclair, njJuly 16, 2014
Pros: off during holidays
Cons: short breaks
Facilitating students with my services by making sure there was always enough paper in the printers, helping students configure into the system, guide them into the labs.
Higher Education environment
Senior Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJuly 15, 2014
Responsible for cleaning multiple buildings on campus. Daily customer contact.
Good pay, benefits, work/life balance
Secretary (Current Employee), N/AJuly 9, 2014
Great job stability; benefits and promotional opportunities are decreasing due to NJ State economy
Productive and Helpful
Program Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Montclair, NJJune 16, 2014
This is a friendly work environment. I enjoyed this job because I was able to complete work school and engage with other employees. Everyone was helpful and a team, especially the supervisors. This job consist of a lot of team work. I learned so much about customer service and providing and helping different organizations with their events by providing equipment such as microphones and speakers. I loved this job.
Great benefits
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation Programs (Current Employee), Montclair, NJApril 28, 2014
The university is a great place to work for benefits and professional development.
What I Learned....
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Montclair, NJApril 25, 2014
I learned to be dedicated and focused on my job. Also to work as a team member to get bigger jobs done faster.
My typical day at work was housekeeping in various buildings within the Campus Community.
Senior Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Montclair, NJApril 25, 2014
Pros: continuing education
I learned a great deal while working here. I met many interesting people.
A Typical Work Day
MSU CSAM Greenhouse Manager (Former Employee), Upper Montclair, NJApril 1, 2014
Working in the College of Science and Mathematics Department at Montclair State was a fun experience. I was able to cultivate and tend to the department's greenhouse plants that were used in various lab experiments.
The Montclarion is well-run and fun to write for
writer (Current Employee), Montclair, NJMarch 11, 2014
I have enjoyed writing book reviews for the Montclarion, and I hope to take the skills I am practicing now with me to a job as a reviewer.
great place to work, colleagues are awesome, students are great
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Montclair, NJJanuary 14, 2014
love working here. Great start since I was out of the teaching world for quite a few years to raise a family.

1 2 3