Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Just meeting people from all over the world
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
I had one the best crews I could work for. One of the hardest parts of this job was when 5 or so machines went empty at the same time, and they all wanted their machine filled right away. The most enjoyable time was watching people win.
Pros
free lunches, and paid lunch break
Cons
having to wear an uncomfortable uniform
Excellent Employer that offered advancement opportunities
Casino Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
My time spent working at the Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino was amazing. My initial supervisors trained me extensively in order to reach my objectives to become a casino games supervisor. Management at this property was extremely respectful, helpful and always willing to lend a hand if you had a question or needed assistance. The staff at this property is hand picked for their talents and offered some of the best dealers and supervisors in the industry.
Pros
excellent work environment, free meals, benefits and competitive wages
Cons
parking for employees and customers was limited until the new parking garage is completed
Fast paced, rewarding, challenging
ASSISTANT BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2013
A typical day at the Monte Carlo would start out w/ reviewing the daily schedule, who was working what station/bar on the casino floor, and giving the first of many hourly encouraging clocks. The majority of time was spent on the floor, ensuring that Customer Service was first on everyone's agenda.
I learned a whole new way of placing orders, as in bar orders, both for FOH and BOH.
The other managers worked hard, but didn't seem to work together all the time.
The hardest part of the job for me was feeling as if I wasn't learning their policy and procedures fast enough.
The best part of the job was seeing how hard the employees worked and how well they all worked together.
Pros
free lunches, encouraging staff
Cons
not enough hours in a day
productive place, fast paced
Kitchen Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2012
running in and out of kitchens
how to better pace myself
management is nice
co-workers a few nice people
trying to figure out how to work without some direction
interacting with customers and plating desserts
benefits
Cons
job security
Really enjoyed my time working at the Monte Carlo...I should have never left it.
Hotel Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2013
Fair pay, but no one on your side
Box Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2014
When I started, Monte Carlo was owned by Mandalay Bay. The company owned like 4 casinos at the time. In casino term, that's a
small group. But it was run well and everyone was very close knit.

Midway through my employment, it was bought by MGM. MGM is a monster corporation and was not able to run the company with the same amount of hands on as Mandalay had. HR suddenly didn't care about the employees; it was very much apparent that they were more interested in showing their new bosses that they deserved their positions. This meant that no mistakes (EVER) were tolerated. If a questionable act came up, those in question were punished to the fullest extent; to the point of "fudging" how things were written up.
example: I know of 3 employees who took an extra, short break at their supervisors instruction. The three employees were fired for "Stealing Company Property" because the HR employee felt they were "time". The supervisor was also fired for "Having knowledge of company theft and not reporting it."

I'm not sure if things are still run this way, but at the time, I was happy to leave that full time position when a part time position came up at another property.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
your on your own
the 9th circle of hell
Engineering Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2013
I interviewed for this job and was told it paid $15 hour, which is the lowest it should pay. When I was finally offered the job over the phone and drove all the way across town to sign paper work, I was then told it starts at $11.468 (thanks for the 8/1000th of a cent there!). I was mad because the hiring supervisor said he made a mistake. He should know how much a job pays if he's interviewing people for it. My unemployment was going to run out in a month so i basically had no choice in taking the job. Then he started telling me how easy it is to move into a better job after six months. It's not. 90% of all jobs posted in a casino already have a person in mind for that position. They just post jobs and do interviews because they have to. Once they get there mandatory interviews done, they give the job to the person they had in mind already even if one or all the other people who applied are just as or more qualified for the position. There is no structure here either. People generally just go about doing whatever they want and don't really seems to get into trouble. I'm doing everything in my power to get out without quitting.
Pros
free meals
Cons
most meals suck, the pay really sucks, managment lacks backbone and lies, advancing to a new position is near impossible if you don't kiss the right butts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3