Montebello Unified School District Employee Reviews

Corruption.
Substitute case worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Depending on what job you get hired for, working for a school district is not as secure as it was years ago. District employees were audited by the State. Classified employees had their wages decreased and superintendents received an increase in their yearly salary.
Pros
A lot of unpaid time off.
Cons
Corruption. Funds embezzlement.
This USD used to be a fun, family oriented and a lot to offer and learn
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 31, 2017
Montebello USD used to be fun, family oriented and a lot to learn. A lot of knowledge and resources to learn. But now, all of them changed. Poor finance management knowledge, directions and micromanaging finance management. It's like the blind is leading the blind.
Pros
MUSD has a lot of resources
Cons
Poor Finance management attitude and accounting knowledge.
MUSD needs to give raises
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 26, 2017
A typical work day is busy. You never work the same day twice.
You learn your job on top of others, you basically have to be a team player with a GREAT ATTITUDE!
Workplace is never quiet, hardest part of the job is catching up on your deadline because working at a school you're constantly interrupted. Pros, drop everything for the kids and teacher, cons; parent's need records immediately and they take out their children frequently.
Pros
Gain Relationships with Parents and Staff.
Cons
Pay is unfair
Productive work place
Special Ed. Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 30, 2017
Excellent place to work for and take your children to school. The special ed departments is full staffed with highly qualified educators that excel in the classroom. Staff is constantly being trained and work closely with administration.
Benefits
Cons
good place if you love interacting with children
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 15, 2017
every day is a new experience working with children.very fun. but the job security of this district is very stressful. people here genuinely like working with one another.
MUSD in a valley
Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 11, 2017
A lot going on in this district with issues at the district office, lack of higher level administrative staff, and financial issues. State going to audit soon and will get back on track.
Pros
Schools are full of great people
Cons
District office
Achieve Success Tutor/District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 7, 2017
Great working environment, challenging expectations which allow everyone to work above and beyond their expectations. Overall a great working experience with them.
Cons
Good pay for part time work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 25, 2017
Pay is amongst the highest compared to districts around. The schedule is flexible and easy to work with. Most teacher and staff are friendly and easy to work with.
Good Local Government Agency
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 9, 2017
Small IT department, yet it managed to let programmers engage in some research and development. Overall MUSD management remained reasonable often feeling like a family trying to achieve common goals; sometimes slipping into a family squabbling.
Pros
Innovative despite small staff
Cons
Lost talent due to layoffs
MUSD is a great place to work.
Nutrition Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CA 90640March 30, 2017
I have been employed by MUSD for over 3 years. I have moved up through to second in command. As an acting supervisor has taught me management skills that can only be learned through experience.
Pros
Working around and serving the students
Cons
Only a part time position for cooks.

Want to know more about Montebello Unified School District?

Ask a question
Great work environment
Special Education Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 25, 2017
- Management is understanding and professional.
- Workplace culture was very friendly and non intimidating.
- This company taught me the importance of time management and making sure all task were finish in a timely fashion.
Mismanagement at the highest level
Temporary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 23, 2017
It's very sad to work in a place where good, loyal, and talented people are not permanently hired. Because of corruption and mismanagement of funds at the very top, hundreds are losing their jobs. Fortunately at my school site, it is filled with joy and solid learning for our students. The administration is very supportive. At the district level, greed. I hope that one day MUSD can get their priorities straight. I feel bad for faculty, and especially for the children.
fun work place
Sound Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 15, 2017
mind you I was working here in high school... but I got to work with my friends doing live sound. it wasn't an everyday job, it was only when the high school needed live sound assistance.
Great place to work but to much corruption
Grounds worker II (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Once your are in the district is very fun to work but you have to be really good or lucky to get hire because you must know someone to help you , Montebello Unified Distric is proud of "the merid system" only that is a big joke,board members and some of the top bosses do wherever they please with budgets and hiring new or qualify candidates.
Pros
working for your comunity
Cons
corruption from board members and distric bosees
Best Place I've ever worked
Reprographic Tech (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 9, 2016
Lots of fun and interesting people. Plenty of room for advancement within district. Friendly people always willing to help one another. People friendly atmosphere.
Diverce Community, Teachers Staff and Administration Excellent
Special Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 27, 2016
Some of the best teachers, staff and administrators I have had the opertunity to work with. So much dedication and hard work I have seen working with the staff to insure the children quality of education meet each needs.
Pros
Meet the needs of the employees
Cons
Schools need more monitoring
job security , for the most part great people.
plant supervisor 2 (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 14, 2015
most of the time , busy all day. i learned there are a lot different people in the world . management does a good job , working withover one hundred employees . what was that famous quote , oh yes can't we all just get along thats my co- workers. see number four ,thats the hardest part . when we are all working together , everything running smooth.
Pros
montebello unified is a great place to work
Cons
some people take advantage of the system, calling in sick, not giving 100 %
Professional yet very casual environment
Human Resources Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaMay 22, 2015
A typical day at my internship at Montebello School District consisted of doing research, putting together statistics for eligibility lists, gathering information for the annual report and before leaving I created a leadership skills development plan for the employees district that they could use and add to their support and resources for employees binder. When I was given the chance to shadow a specialist, she showed me how to process prf's, longevity, terminations and salary adjustments. While being there I also learned the typical administrative tasks in the office, as far as assisting the employees with appointments, helping them fill out proper paperwork and scheduling appointments. The hardest part of my job was understanding the whole recruit, selection and hiring process due to the lack of exposure to the whole office. However, I did enjoy learning how eligibility lists work and learning about their rules and policies for the human resources department for classified employees.
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Everyday is different, very busy. Very flexible and resourceful co-workers. Meetings and trainings are provided. Work week is Monday thru Friday.
Pros
Flexibility with children
Cons
Paid monthly
good work environment
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working with infants and toddlers. The only downfall was that my position was a substitute position. We did indoor and outdoor play, bottle feedings and meal times, diaper changing and end of day sanitizing.