Montebello Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Professional yet very casual environment
Human Resources Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaMay 22, 2015
A typical day at my internship at Montebello School District consisted of doing research, putting together statistics for eligibility lists, gathering information for the annual report and before leaving I created a leadership skills development plan for the employees district that they could use and add to their support and resources for employees binder. When I was given the chance to shadow a specialist, she showed me how to process prf's, longevity, terminations and salary adjustments. While being there I also learned the typical administrative tasks in the office, as far as assisting the employees with appointments, helping them fill out proper paperwork and scheduling appointments. The hardest part of my job was understanding the whole recruit, selection and hiring process due to the lack of exposure to the whole office. However, I did enjoy learning how eligibility lists work and learning about their rules and policies for the human resources department for classified employees.
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Everyday is different, very busy. Very flexible and resourceful co-workers. Meetings and trainings are provided. Work week is Monday thru Friday.
Pros
flexibility with children
Cons
paid monthly
good work environment
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working with infants and toddlers. The only downfall was that my position was a substitute position. We did indoor and outdoor play, bottle feedings and meal times, diaper changing and end of day sanitizing.
teachers aid
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 10, 2014
assisted teachers with babies and moms.feeding infants and daily day care needs
Pros
love working with babies
Cons
little hours due to their ins.
Opportunities for advancement
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 8, 2014
Offers many opportunities for advancement and transfer to other departments or location within Los Angeles County
fun, productive and learning experience.
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 24, 2014
my typical day at work was helping the teacher with the ESL students. I was basically their teacher, I would put their assignments together and do lectures with Spanish speaking students.
Pros
being able to get the experience of teaching.
Cons
part time - would only work 3 hours
Best Place to work
Intern Human Resource, Public Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMay 27, 2014
Research.
I learned to interact with multiple people.
I was able to create an online resource for the classified employees.
The environment and ambiance was the best of my experience I felt welcome by the co-workers and my supervisors.
The hardest part of my job was the short period I was able to stay as an intern.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between the co-workers.
Pros
my supervisor and co-workers
Cons
short time for my internship
Continuation satelite school
Senior office Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Working for MUSD has been such a great experience. I have worked a few different assignments with different positions. Some have been challenging which actually brought out something in me that I love. I found out that I had a way with troubled teens, found a way to help them interact with each other, helped them talk to administrators in an appropriate manner and helped them with their problems they gained my trust and I gained theirs.
Pros
learning different skills
Cons
it was a demanding job so i hardly got any breaks but that was my desicion to not take breaks
enjoyable at times, not enough work and not enough hours
Nutritional Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaNovember 25, 2013
in charge of salads and production that doesnt involve cooking. my coworkers are nice but cannot relate to them because of the fact that they are all middle aged women. there is no hard part about this job with the acception of trying to get to my second job on time on certain days.
Special Education Department
Student Health Assistant / Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 3, 2013
>Provide numerous health services to students
>Involve in mental and physical disabilities
>Class room support
>1:1 with a student
>Collaborate with teachers, teachers aids and parents
>Management very involve
>Data entry/log for improvement
>Hands on involvement for advancement
>Team effort
Pros
experience on health disabilities and all spectrum of mental disabilities
Great Place for a Long Career
Special Education Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 23, 2013
My duties are to assist students with special needs and to meticulous record their behavior patterns.
Must be able to:
• Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Word and Excel with basic proficiency.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Applied clerical support to as needed and performed other related duties as assigned.
• Worked independently with minimal supervision.
• Communicated clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
•Ability to make sound decisions.
Great Job Opportunity to work in while in school.
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 19, 2013
It allowed me to have a flexible schedule and it was a great job working with children.
I was allowed to use my knowledge learned in school and teach others.
Pros
flexible schedule, short day
Cons
summer unpaid
My most rewarding job.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 10, 2012
During my first three years of college I had the opportunity to held a part time job at La Merced Intermediate School. I was tutoring junior high school students my duties were to conduct small groups and assist them with their homework. This has been my most rewarding job experience because I had the opportunity to work with children. I enjoy to assisting the classroom management and to learn more about myself. I learn that I do have the passions to teach children and I evaluated my work every day after work. After evaluating my work I had to create new ways for the students to comprehend their assignments. At the end of the day, I felt very rewarded and proud of my work. Unfortunately, I had to live because I had a time conflict on my schedule and I began working at Pacific Time Investment.

4.4