Montebello Unified School District Employee Reviews

Good Local Government Agency
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 9, 2017
Small IT department, yet it managed to let programmers engage in some research and development. Overall MUSD management remained reasonable often feeling like a family trying to achieve common goals; sometimes slipping into a family squabbling.
Pros
Innovative despite small staff
Cons
Lost talent due to layoffs
MUSD is a great place to work.
Nutrition Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CA 90640March 30, 2017
I have been employed by MUSD for over 3 years. I have moved up through to second in command. As an acting supervisor has taught me management skills that can only be learned through experience.
Pros
Working around and serving the students
Cons
Only a part time position for cooks.
Great work environment
Special Education Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 25, 2017
- Management is understanding and professional.
- Workplace culture was very friendly and non intimidating.
- This company taught me the importance of time management and making sure all task were finish in a timely fashion.
Mismanagement at the highest level
Temporary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 23, 2017
It's very sad to work in a place where good, loyal, and talented people are not permanently hired. Because of corruption and mismanagement of funds at the very top, hundreds are losing their jobs. Fortunately at my school site, it is filled with joy and solid learning for our students. The administration is very supportive. At the district level, greed. I hope that one day MUSD can get their priorities straight. I feel bad for faculty, and especially for the children.
fun work place
Sound Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 15, 2017
mind you I was working here in high school... but I got to work with my friends doing live sound. it wasn't an everyday job, it was only when the high school needed live sound assistance.
Great place to work but to much corruption
Grounds worker II (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Once your are in the district is very fun to work but you have to be really good or lucky to get hire because you must know someone to help you , Montebello Unified Distric is proud of "the merid system" only that is a big joke,board members and some of the top bosses do wherever they please with budgets and hiring new or qualify candidates.
Pros
working for your comunity
Cons
corruption from board members and distric bosees
Best Place I've ever worked
Reprographic Tech (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 9, 2016
Lots of fun and interesting people. Plenty of room for advancement within district. Friendly people always willing to help one another. People friendly atmosphere.
Diverce Community, Teachers Staff and Administration Excellent
Special Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 27, 2016
Some of the best teachers, staff and administrators I have had the opertunity to work with. So much dedication and hard work I have seen working with the staff to insure the children quality of education meet each needs.
Pros
Meet the needs of the employees
Cons
Schools need more monitoring
job security , for the most part great people.
plant supervisor 2 (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 14, 2015
most of the time , busy all day. i learned there are a lot different people in the world . management does a good job , working withover one hundred employees . what was that famous quote , oh yes can't we all just get along thats my co- workers. see number four ,thats the hardest part . when we are all working together , everything running smooth.
Pros
montebello unified is a great place to work
Cons
some people take advantage of the system, calling in sick, not giving 100 %
Professional yet very casual environment
Human Resources Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaMay 22, 2015
A typical day at my internship at Montebello School District consisted of doing research, putting together statistics for eligibility lists, gathering information for the annual report and before leaving I created a leadership skills development plan for the employees district that they could use and add to their support and resources for employees binder. When I was given the chance to shadow a specialist, she showed me how to process prf's, longevity, terminations and salary adjustments. While being there I also learned the typical administrative tasks in the office, as far as assisting the employees with appointments, helping them fill out proper paperwork and scheduling appointments. The hardest part of my job was understanding the whole recruit, selection and hiring process due to the lack of exposure to the whole office. However, I did enjoy learning how eligibility lists work and learning about their rules and policies for the human resources department for classified employees.

Want to know more about Montebello Unified School District?

Ask a question
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Everyday is different, very busy. Very flexible and resourceful co-workers. Meetings and trainings are provided. Work week is Monday thru Friday.
Pros
Flexibility with children
Cons
Paid monthly
good work environment
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working with infants and toddlers. The only downfall was that my position was a substitute position. We did indoor and outdoor play, bottle feedings and meal times, diaper changing and end of day sanitizing.
teachers aid
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 10, 2014
assisted teachers with babies and moms.feeding infants and daily day care needs
Pros
love working with babies
Cons
little hours due to their Ins.
Opportunities for advancement
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 8, 2014
Offers many opportunities for advancement and transfer to other departments or location within Los Angeles County
fun, productive and learning experience.
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 24, 2014
my typical day at work was helping the teacher with the ESL students. I was basically their teacher, I would put their assignments together and do lectures with Spanish speaking students.
Pros
being able to get the experience of teaching.
Cons
part time - would only work 3 hours
Best Place to work
Intern Human Resource, Public Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMay 27, 2014
Research.
I learned to interact with multiple people.
I was able to create an online resource for the classified employees.
The environment and ambiance was the best of my experience I felt welcome by the co-workers and my supervisors.
The hardest part of my job was the short period I was able to stay as an intern.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between the co-workers.
Pros
My supervisor and co-workers
Cons
Short time for my internship
Continuation satelite school
Senior office Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Working for MUSD has been such a great experience. I have worked a few different assignments with different positions. Some have been challenging which actually brought out something in me that I love. I found out that I had a way with troubled teens, found a way to help them interact with each other, helped them talk to administrators in an appropriate manner and helped them with their problems they gained my trust and I gained theirs.
Pros
learning different skills
Cons
It was a demanding job so I hardly got any breaks but that was my desicion to not take breaks
enjoyable at times, not enough work and not enough hours
Nutritional Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaNovember 25, 2013
in charge of salads and production that doesnt involve cooking. my coworkers are nice but cannot relate to them because of the fact that they are all middle aged women. there is no hard part about this job with the acception of trying to get to my second job on time on certain days.
Special Education Department
Student Health Assistant / Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 3, 2013
>Provide numerous health services to students
>Involve in mental and physical disabilities
>Class room support
>1:1 with a student
>Collaborate with teachers, teachers aids and parents
>Management very involve
>Data entry/log for improvement
>Hands on involvement for advancement
>Team effort
Pros
Experience on health disabilities and all spectrum of mental disabilities
Great Place for a Long Career
Special Education Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 23, 2013
My duties are to assist students with special needs and to meticulous record their behavior patterns.
Must be able to:
• Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Word and Excel with basic proficiency.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Applied clerical support to as needed and performed other related duties as assigned.
• Worked independently with minimal supervision.
• Communicated clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
•Ability to make sound decisions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montebello Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2