Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great job and an opportunity to build a career within the company
Secretary/Receptionist/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Great job, never bored and they actually put you to work, Everyone is friendly and works together to make the day go smoother. This company cares about its employees.
Exceptional place to work with people and to grow
Patient Care Technician / Fire Warden (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is the excellent patient care with a great team. Our work place culture is family oriented. We love one another and have one common goal and that is to ALWAYS give your best and to go above and beyond.
great
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2017
I love working at montefiore medical center its a great experience every day. I love working with the babies everyday its always a treat to take care of a newborn.
Serving the Bronx
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 9, 2017
Montefiore Medical Center is located in the Bronx NY. The Bronx has one of the highest poverty rates of any county in the US, and Montefiore Medical Center serves the population medically and is the largest employer for Bronx residents.
very productive day and and very challenging
Assitant to the Project Manager (Current Employee) –  The Hutch Tower 2March 2, 2017
My typical day at work is clocking in and inquiring to my boss what project we will be working on that day. I love working at Montefiore it's a very challenging and rewarding experience. I learn something new everyday I go to work,
Pros
I get to enteract with the employees of Montefiore and learn new projects
Cons
I'm only volunterring I would love to be an employee of Montefiore
average
Cardiology Secretary (Current Employee) –  111 east 210 streetMarch 1, 2017
my typical day at work is dealing with in patients out patients , helping the patients and billing in the lab. I do must if not all the billing for the lab. I make appointments , make shd. appointments for everyone.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
time shift
New Role: Clinical Specialist
Neurosurgery Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 23, 2017
The job of a Clinical Specialist is to ensure that the attending surgeons of the assigned service have everything that they need for their scheduled cases. This includes working along with the various offices to ensure case booking accuracy, as well as working along side the OR staff to ensure that the proper surgical preferences are met for every procedure.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
New role, Not well known by staff
It is a well known Hospital which helps for future jobs.
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I loved the people I worked with. I enjoyed going to work everyday. The Hospital was so busy so it was a very busy place to work at and you had to be a very high energy and patient person to work there.Management was tough and gave a lot of work, but I love to work and stay busy.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
No breaks sometimes
Excellent stepping stone to perfecting your craft as a medical professional
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Excellent workplace, great environment and perfect place to learn and grow as a professional. The management truly cares about their employees and cares about growth, collectively.
friendly place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2017
very busy as a patient representative, the day involved listening to patients and resolving different problems that came up.

Want to know more about Montefiore Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive place to work there is always something new to learn in the medical field even as a secretary
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Free uniforms, 1199 benefits, coffee, tea in the morning during winter time, provide scrubs as alternative incase of emergency.
advice from doctors , it's a wonderful place to work
Good place to gain professional skills
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Good place to gain your professional skills if this is your first job however career growth is limited. Also Montefiore is a unionized environment which from my experience - union workers are running the show - management IS RESTRICTED with their course of actions.
Pros
medical coverage
Cons
lack of leadership support, mentoring and void of transparency
Great staff!
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Colleagues are great to work with it. Very friendly staff and the managers are great too. They support you and are appreciative of your contribution. CEO is amazing!
good work experience
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2017
love working here and I am learning a lot enjoy the staff work flow and the doctors are very knowledgeable. Management loves to get staff involved in outreaches which helps build up your experience
Pros
good pay
Cons
unorganized
Learning environment where your various skills can be used
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2017
MMC workplace is rewarding and busy. Time management is a must to meet your goals. MMC provides classes to improve skills needed to be successful. Addressing issues as they arise is a must. Everyday can be a learning experience. Having a great manager and team to work with is rewarding; it enables you to be a better employee. Having the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day is great feeling.
Liaison Level II (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYFebruary 16, 2017
This is a productive environment with a lot of wonderful people. The work atmosphere is very diverse. Montefiore is a large medical group with different opportunities.
cardiac clinical trials
Study Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 15, 2017
-coordinated clinical trials
-screened, approached and consented patients
-processed patient samples
-maintained IRB submissions, adverse events reports, and renewals
Safe and secure,room for growth.
Mammographer/Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I joined the Montefiore team and ever opportunity to grow I utilized.The years flew by so fast I didn'd realized it was 35 plus years.I enjoyed my profession as a service employee.for I had one to one with patients(social worker....INDIRECTLY)..and thus I WAS CONTENTED.
At times my supervisor did remind me that not to teach BREAST EXAM which I took as a personal crusade when I and only I delivered this message.
Pros
UNION PROTECTED UNFAIRNESS
Cons
UNION UNCOOPERATIVE WORKERS SURVIVED WITHOUT PULLING THEIR WEIGHT.
Administrative Supervisor position
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Montefiore Medical Center was a wonderful place to work. It is a integrated health care delivery system. I worked in the home care department. I was a administrative supervisor for the director of patient services. I learned what it takes to run the operations of a health services organization. Customer service, employ satisfaction, management objectives, union employees, customer improvement processes. committees are just a few of the skills that I learned as an employee at Montefiore. The culture was a team atmosphere customer satisfaction regarding quality care. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace environment regarding the delivery of home care services in a always changing environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of all staff and customers to accomplish organizational goals. Being part of the process is most enjoyable.
Pros
Being in a management position, which allowed me to understand the direction of the organization
Cons
working in a union environment
Great environment to learn
Certified Pharmacy Tech Compounding Primary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I tended to do everything so there is no typical day. Ive learned majority of my skills here and how to do them fast and efficiently. Management was decent to good. A very diverse job with a lot of work to do all the time. The most enjoyable part was training others and being great at my job.
Pros
a lot of experience
Cons
bronx parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montefiore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2