Montefiore Medical Center

Montefiore Medical Center Employer Reviews

An excellent place to work.
Site Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2015
I look foward to work, however, the commute and compensation are negatives for me personally. The amount of responsibilities has recently increased considerably however the compensation has not. I am looking for a challenging environment that is closer to home and allows me to continue to grow professionally. I work well as both an administrator individually and as a part of the administrative team.
Great place to excel.
Environmental Services Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough overtime
Delivered linen in a timely, efficient, and safe manner throughout medical center.
Guaranteed soiled linen chute were clean and clear of obstruction.
Hardest part when being a linen worker to me was dealing with packed hallways, i move fast and take pride in delivering linen on time.
Dysfunctional Place with a lot of unnecessary pressure
APPLICATION ANALYST-PACS (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 11, 2015
Cons: everything.
I worked in Montefiore Medical Center as System Analyst under the leadership of Mony Westler, Sheldon Sharp, and Zaiana Adossa. This team is extremely dysfunctional and busy with unnecessary pressure. The team demands that you communicate by email to document and confirm verbal conversations (like FBI evidence). The company culture is everyone needs to cover his behind (A A S). Trouble ticket are generated in the hundreds. You’re expected to work day and night to fix the client clinical application mistakes (on-call help desk coverage). In project implementation there was lack in planning, you often have to stay late and work over weekend to satisfy accomplish the project tasks. Go-live happens then when everyone runs like chicken without a head. Finally, you’re not compensated for on-call night coverage, weekend work, or any project work. The bonus you will receive is the fact you still have your job. This dysfunctional team does not allow work and family life separation. Team members that are single, stayed single. Other who are married became divorced. This is the worst place you can every work.
Nice place to work and it was an enjoyable experience.
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks.
Cons: transportation.
Monitored some of the metabolic test that were administered in the heart failure program were I worked almost a month. I then went to the Cardiac Rehab program at Montefiore where I monitored and supervised the Phase II and III programs.
A day at montefiore
Senior Dietary Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 3, 2015
A day at work typically consisted of kitchen duties during the day. For instance pot washing or porter. Evening hours I would serve patients food on patient floors.
Good Team
IT Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible times
Cons: contract staff (not full time employment)
Enjoy working with the team. Working on a huge project. This project is moving all Montefiore IT systems to Epic systems
Productive work place
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Cardiology DepartmentFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: working late
Cons: not a long enough vacation
busy day at work
I've learned how to be productive and efficient
very nice and vibrant co-workers
Trying not to finish work late
Being able to work in a diverse atmosphere
Great place to work for.
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: provides healthcare to sick people
A good place to work for.Learned and honed my skills here.Provided a wonderful workplace to make a living.Great dedicated staff.
family oriented work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Productive and friendly atmospheric place to work in where employees work together as one family. Since I started working in this company I have grown rapidly in what I do and this enables me to work in any environment. In Montefiore, strong work ethics is emphasize. In Montefiore patients interest is valued before anything else and leads to the success of organization.
Montefiore is a rapidly growing organization serving the Bronx and Westchester county in New York. Its the university hospital of Albert Einstein College of Medicine where young doctors train in their areas of specialization.
Great experience
CMO (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: experience
A typical day very interesting and exciting. Learned alot of a mental instituition and patients. Management were great, coworkers were great to work with. Hardest was when had to enter the psych wards. Most enjoyable was working with great piers.
Fun, Energetic, educational and Productive
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 23, 2015
A fast passed environment where I was given the opportunity to learn many new reporting systems. Management and staff graciously assist and advice on work and growth. The work and the people are always a pleasure to be around.
stna
stna (Former Employee), Beachwood ohioFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: no dress code
Cons: everything i wrote below
They don't pay enough and are always short.start u off with $9 and about 15 residents to have 1st shift.they charge you for everything.the lunch is pricey.and the nurses are full of be.
Great place to work at.
General Labor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Montefiore Medical Center is definitely a great place to work at.They have treated me very well there since I have began working there and I am very lucky to be working there.
The companies continues growth, makes this company an ideal work place.
Financial Manager- (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: finding a parking could be challenging sometimes
I learned about reconciling and funding of grants and expenses.

Theres a lot of room for promotion and management value you for your services.
HIV Treatment Educator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: patients getting motivated in doing something for themselves
Cons: healthcare
Working with patients is the highlight of my job on a day to day basis.
Yet there comes a time in life when doing what you love starts to get boring, and not challenging enough for you to get that spark back into your daily routine.
Worked for a great boss
Adminstrative floor manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great balance of work and family
Cons: long drive
I handled all of the administrative work from the computer work to handling the phones. I helped my boss prepare for his weekly meeting by typing up his notes and presentations.
great place
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), 111 E210th street bronx ny 10467February 11, 2015
it was a great place and learning experience. the job inspires you to do better and makes you want to move ahead in life. greatest place ever
Customer Service Liaison-Billing Inquiry (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: paid lunch & 2 15min breaks
Cons: commute
Although, my department is under-staffed and extremely busy we always pull through with hard work and dedication. Just like a true team should. Team work is key.
Great Place to Work
Senior Accountant Clerk (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation, excellent medical coverage, job security, union 1199
Cons: low income
A typical day is normally challenging, working with checks from diversified insurance companies. What I learned is there are government agencies, private agencies, commercial agencies and
grant agencies that pay for patient accounts. The management was supportive when there was a question, they had the answers. The co-workers at Montefiore are wonderful, friendly . The hardest part of the job would be during the end of the month, all the payments must be entered into the system. The most enjoyable part would be the people who I work with everyday, they are pleasant and supportive.
Productive and busy
Secretary (Current Employee), Bronx NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: bringing the school atmosphere to the hospital
Cons: not enough hours in the day
Learning new things each day. Challenging as I had never worked in a hospital atmosphere before. Watching with the children of patients that came to visit the doctors. The hardest part of my job was learning how to not cry with a patient who was sad and crying. I was feeling their emotions. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing a patient tell me how they feel about me being their for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Montefiore Medical Center

Montefiore Medical Center, the university hospital and academic medical center for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is – Read more

Montefiore Medical Center Photos