Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

High School
Customer Service Liaison - Pediatrics Department (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 14, 2017
I loved helping patients, I learned not to feed into ignorance and there was plenty of it there. Most of the higher ups are related and friendly with one another. They claim to have and open door policy they don't. don't complain to anyone just start looking for another job. The union is a joke. You are better off getting one of the turkeys from outside to be your advocate.
Pros
benefits, great coworkers
Cons
Lack of professionalism from higher ups
Was able to learn about the Jewish culture by working here.
Hospitality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 13, 2017
I would start work at either 7 a.m. or 4 p.m. wash my hands stock my cart to take to my assigned floor set tables, stock kitchen area with snacks and juice for residents. Management was very understanding. The work place culture was a Jewish setting. The hardest part of this job was getting to know the residents and they leave and go home or pass away.
Pros
By working here I became interested in becoming a dietitian
Cons
I had to leave my job
Face paced and stressful
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2017
This is a fast paced high acuity facility. The work hours aren't flexible. The state and CMS are there very often; I believe it might be the same at other facilities.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Workplace culture can be stressful and hostile
N/a
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2017
N/A, ratings above is enough to let individuals know of the work environment. Overall it is a good learning environment for first time fresh out of school PA. However I do not think it is a place for one to advance their career.
Fast paced
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 11, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Must keep up with work which often changes or you will be totally lost. Full workloads such as working with medical records and OB/GYN.
Pros
Various skills learned
Cons
Short Breaks
Need better management
Program Assistant (Residency Program) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 11, 2017
Not the best workers to have when dealing with healthcare. Most workers are rude and just want to get paid and go home. Very few care about their jobs and helping others.
Productive work environment with associates and patients Learned to be a team player Management is supportive, fair, encouraging
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2017
Productive work environment with associates and patients
Learned to be a team player
Management is supportive, fair, encouraging and provide an atmosphere for cross training and growth
Multicultural environment that provide associates the opportunity to advance
productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Volunteer work was interesting and fun. We learned many skills and time management that helped us learn skills that we need in are every day life which was useful.
Cons
Great place to work with alot of potential
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2017
Productive, fun always room for advancement always encouraged by management to reach for more Just all round great place to be
with a lot of potential
Not the best place to work, but it pays the bills
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2017
At this place, they don't care too much about their workers. They will work you to death. You cant get help and sometimes it's because of so many things to do, but also because some people are not team players.
Pros
They throw parties for individuals, for all kind of occations.
Cons
Lunch is expensive and you only get a little
Quick paced, at times demanding vs balanced times
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 26, 2017
4 twelve hour tours per week.

Worked there on several travel assignments: routine nursing process utilized throughout all nursing units...I was assigned to or floated to most units: Med-Surg, Ortho-Neuro, Tele, Onc, Rehab even ER overflow..etc..

Obviously I enjoyed the work culture, often learned new procedures and developed/improved skills...

Impressed with management I worked with, each unique and willing to work closely with travel RN's.

Adjusting to 4 twelve hour tours was initially taxing but easier in time.

Loved their food service for staff....even had a veggie juice bar.

Great Nurse CEO!!
Pros
Best pay via Flagstaff...
Excessively long hours, taking risks clinically to please patients
Attending Physician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2017
Hard working environment, busy, poor regard for one's personal time and quality of life. Appeared more concerned about pleasing patients regardless of clinical risks involved. Even productivity bonus was hinged on patient satisfaction surveys.
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2017
Had a great time working there. Time went by quickly and had a 30-minute lunch break. The receptionist was kind and made the time fly by quickly. The workers made you feel welcomed.
Pros
Work
Cons
there are a few
Fast paced and Constant Change
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 20, 2017
There is a lot going on in the institution, which makes it a challenging place to be at. This is good for someone who likes to take on a new task often
Pros
Change, diversity, healthcare
Cons
currently poor management
Good Place to Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 20, 2017
Montefiore Medical Center is a great organization with great benefits for its employees but it needs to be more flexible with employees that want to go back to school.
benefits
Cons
Not flexible with hours
Stressful and competitive
Neonatal ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2017
The day begins with morning huddle where current nursing issues in the unit are discussed and assignments are handed out to nurses. Great teamwork and wonderful staff.
Great Job
Director of Engineering & Facilities (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYNovember 16, 2017
They make you feel like a part of the family. Very supportive and helpful with regards to work issues. If you needed assistance it was always available and that made me very comfortable to make decisions related to my position,
Pros
Management was supportive
typical day
Staff Nurse I/II (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 14, 2017
High acuity patients that are physical and emotionally demanding. quick turnover of patients and constant increase in work volume per day. often assignments include challenging patients.
Pros
salary
Cons
physically demanding
Good Place to work
Administrative Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2017
Wonderful working relationship with my Medical partners. We strive for the best and working hard toward being the best. Looking forward to growing the department.
too much work for the little time you have to perform the tasks.
Substance Abuse Specialist, Psych Dept (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2017
I have been working here for over one year. In this time there have added at least 10 new tasks and a larger case load and responsibility. We are pressured on a daily basis to have notes and treatment plan in on time and are always interupted to work on a project the manager wants done. .
Pros
salary
Cons
no overtime to have paperwork done