Montefiore Medical Center

Montefiore Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Satisfying
Job Developer/Case Management (Former Employee), Bronx NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Giving people a second chance in like and seeing the end result of their choices
Cons: Not everyone is willing to become self sufficient and does not want thew help.
Great working with people and helping the clients to become self sufficient. It feels wonderful that even though years have passed when you see them in the street they come up to you and give you thanks for assisting them at their time of need.
Typical Day
Clinical Molecular Technologist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: The holiday party at Marina del Rey
Cons: Commute, Union, very stict union rules on vacation and sick time. 1199
everyone works hard in a unionized hospital. It's job secure. There's a lot of Union rules to adhere to and you get 1199 so less choices for health care
Reputable, ethical, and highly professional environment.
Exucutive Adminisitrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 21, 2015
Great place to be employed. Exponential room for career growth. Excellent mentoring and job training programs implimented.
Overall great place to work
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: A learning environment is fostered, great benefits. Amazing co-workers.
Cons: High acuity, high volume, often not supported with sufficient staff.
Montefiore is a great institution to work for. The opportunities are endless. The culture of care combined with the amazing staff make it an enjoyable working environment.
Great learning environment
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 14, 2015
As a nursing student who was very nervous to actually work on a floor for a full 12 hour shift I was worried I would be dismissed or perceived as a nuisance. I was stunned when I walked on the floor at 6:15am and was welcomed as one of their own. I knew Montefiore was a teaching hospital, but did not expect the entire staff to be as welcoming and helpful as they were.
Overall
Epic Application Analyst (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYApril 14, 2015
Overall Montefiore is a good company to work for however I find that there needs to be improvement when it comes to work-life balance. During my time at Montefiore I have learned a great deal about strong leadership and dedication that I will continue to grow and utilize throughout my career.
productive place to work
Accounting/ Denial Clerk (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Different cultures
Cons: Little room for growth
Great place to work and learn different avenues of the health field, as well getting familiar with the different cultures from around the world.
Sr. Accounting Clerk
Sr. Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 7, 2015
I loved this job too bad it was temporary! Management was great I cannot complain, co-workers were very helpful, and the work days and hours were convenient and awesome!!! M-F 8-4!
Nice co-workers and professional relationships
Oncology Pharmacist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Large instiution
Cons: An hour and 25 minute commute
All pharmacy aspects - review and profiling, drug information on a computerize entry system, preparation of iv additives including LVP's, antibiotics, chemotherapy and oral medications. Patient counseling at bedside. Interaction with nursing, physicians and other team members.
Management is available for support and guidance.
Co-workers are polite, knowledgeable and available for support.
The hardest part of the job was the lost of client(patient) and the
most enjoyable was patients being discharged in better health.
okay
Billing Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 1, 2015
• Oversight of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance billing
• Review discharge summaries for proper coding
• Completed charity care and federal aid billing
• Supervise billing and coding processes
• Manage collection of Workers Comp and No Fault
Fantastic staff and a fun place to work
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great staff, great management
Cons: only one 30 minute break during a 13 hour shift, poor security
I work three 13 hour shifts per week in either the urgent/pediatric area or the main er. The urgent care sees all level 4 adults and all the children. The main ER sees level 3 adults and above. I usually work with two other Physician Assistants to cover the urgent care/pediatric side of the ER with one covering Attending. In the main ER I work with at least three Attendings, one PA, and medical residents. We are not a trauma center, however we still are a very busy facility so I have learned to time manage very well. The most enjoyable part of work is the amazing and hard working staff.
An excellent place to work.
Site Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2015
I look foward to work, however, the commute and compensation are negatives for me personally. The amount of responsibilities has recently increased considerably however the compensation has not. I am looking for a challenging environment that is closer to home and allows me to continue to grow professionally. I work well as both an administrator individually and as a part of the administrative team.
Great place to excel.
Environmental Services Laundry Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough overtime
Delivered linen in a timely, efficient, and safe manner throughout medical center.
Guaranteed soiled linen chute were clean and clear of obstruction.
Hardest part when being a linen worker to me was dealing with packed hallways, i move fast and take pride in delivering linen on time.
Dysfunctional Place with a lot of unnecessary pressure
APPLICATION ANALYST-PACS (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 11, 2015
Cons: everything.
I worked in Montefiore Medical Center as System Analyst under the leadership of Mony Westler, Sheldon Sharp, and Zaiana Adossa. This team is extremely dysfunctional and busy with unnecessary pressure. The team demands that you communicate by email to document and confirm verbal conversations (like FBI evidence). The company culture is everyone needs to cover his behind (A A S). Trouble ticket are generated in the hundreds. You’re expected to work day and night to fix the client clinical application mistakes (on-call help desk coverage). In project implementation there was lack in planning, you often have to stay late and work over weekend to satisfy accomplish the project tasks. Go-live happens then when everyone runs like chicken without a head. Finally, you’re not compensated for on-call night coverage, weekend work, or any project work. The bonus you will receive is the fact you still have your job. This dysfunctional team does not allow work and family life separation. Team members that are single, stayed single. Other who are married became divorced. This is the worst place you can every work.
Nice place to work and it was an enjoyable experience.
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks.
Cons: transportation.
Monitored some of the metabolic test that were administered in the heart failure program were I worked almost a month. I then went to the Cardiac Rehab program at Montefiore where I monitored and supervised the Phase II and III programs.
A day at montefiore
Senior Dietary Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 3, 2015
A day at work typically consisted of kitchen duties during the day. For instance pot washing or porter. Evening hours I would serve patients food on patient floors.
Good Team
IT Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible times
Cons: contract staff (not full time employment)
Enjoy working with the team. Working on a huge project. This project is moving all Montefiore IT systems to Epic systems
Productive work place
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Cardiology DepartmentFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: working late
Cons: not a long enough vacation
busy day at work
I've learned how to be productive and efficient
very nice and vibrant co-workers
Trying not to finish work late
Being able to work in a diverse atmosphere
Great place to work for.
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: provides healthcare to sick people
A good place to work for.Learned and honed my skills here.Provided a wonderful workplace to make a living.Great dedicated staff.
family oriented work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Productive and friendly atmospheric place to work in where employees work together as one family. Since I started working in this company I have grown rapidly in what I do and this enables me to work in any environment. In Montefiore, strong work ethics is emphasize. In Montefiore patients interest is valued before anything else and leads to the success of organization.
Montefiore is a rapidly growing organization serving the Bronx and Westchester county in New York. Its the university hospital of Albert Einstein College of Medicine where young doctors train in their areas of specialization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Montefiore Medical Center

Montefiore Medical Center, the university hospital and academic medical center for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is – Read more

Montefiore Medical Center Salaries

$45,000 per year
Patient Care Technician
$40,000 per year

Montefiore Medical Center Photos

Rallie of being overcharge & over worked