Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Interesting Place to work
License Practical Nurse- Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Hardest part of the job is getting patients to trust you although it came very natural to me. Co workers were friendly and enjoyable. Management needs some work but workable understanding to your needs but with some limits
Pros
lunch with interesting speakers
Cons
expensive healthcare benefits for family
13 years and going strong
Licensed Practical Nurse, Adult Medicine (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2016
love this place!! i have been here for more than 13 years and started out as a PSR and now i work as an LPN. many job opportunities in every department.
Pros
growth for learning
Cons
lack of parking :o(
Great experience.
Medical Research Tech-EPID (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I learned a lot working for Montefiore. Especially working in the emergency room. I quite enjoyed my time there. Every day is a new day and there is something new to learn.
excelent enviroment
CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2016
working in a Montefiore Hospital it is a very good experience for me and for my carrer. every day I learn new things from my co-worker and the good doctor staff that they have over there.
Great place to really practice medicine
Physician Assistant internal medicine (Current Employee) –  Einstein campusJanuary 28, 2016
Acute setting is perfect for learning how to manage complex patients. If you can survive here then you can work anywhere. Experienced providers tasked with providing care to population with the most health needs.
Pros
Staff, learning, exposure
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement
Outdated work environment
Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Even though the company was in the forefront of developing better ways to manage patient healthcare, the work place was pretty outdated, with dated cubicles, style of management, and a poor work culture.
The Montefiore Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Montefiore has provided me with a good work environment. There is a culture at Montefiore that is pleasant, caring and professional. I get the sense of a family atmosphere among employees - caring and helping one another. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Pay for school credits. Pension. Union. Medical benefits.
Cons
None.
Acceptable Work environment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Acceptable Work environment
Acceptable Compensation/Benefits
Acceptable Job Security/Advancement
Acceptable Job Culture
Network Performance
Manager of Performance projects (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 31, 2015
Being a Manager, I am afforded the opportunity at affect patient safety from a different perspective. A typical work day includes analyzing spreadsheets, networking with government agencies, and collaborating with providers to improve and maintain the best patient outcomes.
I have learned that patient care goes way beyond the bedside. My co-workers are very educated and versatile and I try to learn everything I can from them daily.
The hardest part of my Job is getting the providers to understand the importance of documentation.
The most enjoyable part of my job is affecting change.
Added experience
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2015
I was transferred initially from Flower Fifth Avenue Hospital's Accounts Reveivables after the hospital was changed to an acute care facility.
Here I obtained experienced on the job training thus improving my knowledge as an accounts receivables representative. I learned more about the various third party and gained much knowledge about Medicare Part A and Part B dor which I am very grateful. It helped me throughout my entire life's career
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
Financial strugles

Want to know more about Montefiore Medical Center?

Ask a question
Not a good place to work for hardware I.T.
Implementation Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY and Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2015
Worked here as an Implementation Tech for temporary project. The management is abusive and disrespectful towards the techs as well as incompetent. No wonder turnover is high.

We would work our tails off just to hear that our efforts were not good enough. They don't take into account any practical difficulties experienced at the hospital sites they send you to, though it is hard to believe how they could not know. Then again it is not surprising. Schedules are erratic at best. Also I've never been at a job where you actually have to look for the equipment which takes away more time but you will be blamed for it of course.

They play favorites with some while all others are expendable. The favorite when I was there was the informant that kept one particular manager happy while getting all the gossip about fellow coworkers. Meanwhile that person's shortcomings were overlooked.

Overall I was glad to be done with it as the environment was totally unprofessional. One of the worst projects I ever experienced and I've been doing it for years.
Pros
Days not working and some coworkers I got to know
Cons
Mostly
Enjoyed My 10 Minute Commute To Work Everyday, Loved Working with My Co-workers.
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 30, 2015
Montifiore Medical Center Was One Of The Best Jobs Ive Ever Had, It Was Very Flexible And It Posed Its Own Challenges, I Was Employed As A Construction Electrician, I Had A Team And We Took On Projects From Demo Till The Final Trim Out Of The Job.
Pros
The Work Hours Were The Best, 7:30 - 3:30 pm
Cons
The Food In The Neighborhood Was Terrible.
productive and hard working employees
Security Guard Montifore Hospital (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 28, 2015
I worked at the methadone clinic every morning Monday threw Friday. My co workers were very hard working and helped me grow in a family work type setting.
Human Resources
CMO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
Worked with a great team in the Human Resources dept., of Montefiore. Did I'9 checks, background checks, school verification, and drug testing. Made appointments for new hires.
Front Desk/Ward Clerk
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 22, 2015
A typical day as a Patient Service Rep is meeting and greeting the patients and there families in there time of need. Whether its a sick visit or just a check up its great see the families that I've come to know over the years in my position. In the last several years working a the hospital I have learned to read EKG's some billing and coding also alot of OB/GYN terms.
Pros
Contacts
Cons
Healthcare
An enjoyable work atmosphere
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2015
I loved my time working at Montefiore. The culture is enjoyable, room for growth and most importantly stability. Montefiore provides great support for employee growth and education. Safe and enjoyable work atmosphere.
It is a place to work and have more knowledgeable about the work. It encourages you to climb up the ladder to achieve your aim.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2015
It is a nice place to work. co-workers are friendly and work as teamwork. They provide us in-service for us to improve our work. Some days are very challenging due to some difficult patients we get but still work as team to make work easier.
Pros
Recognize the staff whenever there is a nurses day.
A good place to work
Implementation Technician (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 6, 2015
A good place to work and an overall great experience. I enjoyed my time working at Montefiore would recommend working here to anyone.
A fast paced, productive and fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work. Lots of promotional opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my very intelligent and supportive colleagues and learning from them.
Productive and Great Customer Care
patient service representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
Excellent work place with great customer service and handle every patient with outstanding care. Management and staff team are amazing and friendly while handling patients charts and checking in and out patients while rescheduling appointments