Monterey Bay Aquarium Employee Reviews in United States

Great until the end
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 6, 2015
The aquarium was a great place to work and I learned a wide variety of skills during my time there. Co-workers were great and I enjoyed my work. The hardest part was leaving before I was ready.
Amazing environment and great people
Guide (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 24, 2015
The Aquarium features an amazing work environment with great people all over. The management as well as co-workers are all top-notch. Although the work may be fast paced at some times, it is still fun engaging with guests and teaching marine sciences to others.
Pros
Discounts on Cannery Row, Free entry to Aquarium
A Great Learning Enviornment
Digital Media Intern /Post Production (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I have learned so much during my time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I have expanded on many skills, as well as gained new ones.
Great place to work, lots of new experiences, and a world class aquarium. great enviornment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 14, 2014
Work typically began at 5:30, and ended after midnight, with overtime being a normal requirement. While at the aquarium, I learned how to lead a team of servers, work closely with upper management, and gain valuable experience as a bar tender.
The most challenging part of this job would be the set up and break down of the function. all tables, chairs and other accoutrements were set up before each function, and removed afterwards, which required a lot of heavy lifting. By far the most enjoyable part of this job was the atmosphere. Getting paid to work in possibly the most beautiful and modern aquarium in the world was a delight.
Pros
free lunch, great atmosphere, great management
Cons
lots of heavy lifting
Fun Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 16, 2013
I really liked working here, its was fast pace and always something different going on. As well as the great coworkers. I would have kept working here but I really wanted to just go to school full time.
Pros
free passes
Cons
conflicted with school hours
Fun
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 4, 2013
Fun environment to work in. Learn to appreciate the oceans and how you can help save them.
exciting enviornment, learning, meeting new people from around the world.
Entrance Host/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 30, 2012
Day starts an hour prior to opening preparing facility for guests. Instructions given regarding any exhibit or programming changes. As guests enter engaged guests with quick information tips about their visit or answer any other questions presented by guests. Scan advance tickets. Direct groups to group meeting places. Assist lost parties or those requesting medical assistance.
Pros
great free programs, feeding animals, free flu shots.
work there was very good.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 18, 2012
A typical day working there was good you get to see all the things that go on in keeting the placed going for the Aquarium. I learned more about the sea than I ever did before.Management for it part was fair with every one.Co-workers were good to every that we work with. The hardest part of the job was walking all day on rocks. The best part of the job was learnking every thing about the fist and sea.
Wonderful ocean environment
Volunteer Guide (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 28, 2012
The Monterey Bay Aquarium is an excellent place to volunteer or work, especially if you have a love for the ocean and the creatures. To be a volunteer guide, there is training, testing, and a graduation if you make it through everything.

4.4