Monterey County Office of Education Employee Review

View all Monterey County Office of Education reviews

productive and fun workplace working where people really care.
Here, my title was Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 14, 2012
I arrived fifteen minutes early to have my breakfast. I first was assigned to work with the Williams Legislation Program where I would prepare schools lists and assigning county employees to inspect school sites for erosion damages to school site. When my assignment was completed, I was transferred to the Business Office as Secretary II where I was trained by the Secretary I to assist her in preparing conference meetings, registering and reserving conference rooms for other off site companies.
Management was so very kind, caring and helpful when I needed them. My co-workers were always there when I needed assistance in jobs I was not yet familiar with that were assigned to me. The hardest part of my job was learning to take minutes in a conference meeting which I still would probably have trouble learning.
The most enjoyable part of my job was all of the training I received with out prejudice knowing that they would do all they could to try and keep me there as an employee by transferring me to different departments until they could not keep me any longer.
Pros
flexable lunches, time off when i needed it. very understanding people.
Cons
no health insurance or secure placement.

Other Monterey County Office of Education Employee Reviews

Once was top-notch County program...
Teacher, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 24, 2017
With staff retirement and resignations over the past three years the overall rating has diminished. It has been difficult to find quality individuals to fill the openings.
Awesome to help kids
Teacher K-4thgrades (Former Employee) –  King city, caJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work. The comradity is great. The teachers are friends and all staff is excellent in general. They work in teams and have excellent communication skills. Always very active and looking for ways to better systems in general, with parents, children, community and amongst themselves.
Pros
Meeting great staff
Cons
High stress job