Monterey County Office of Education Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
productive and fun workplace working where people really care.
Here, my title was Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 14, 2012
I arrived fifteen minutes early to have my breakfast. I first was assigned to work with the Williams Legislation Program where I would prepare schools lists and assigning county employees to inspect school sites for erosion damages to school site. When my assignment was completed, I was transferred to the Business Office as Secretary II where I was trained by the Secretary I to assist her in preparing conference meetings, registering and reserving conference rooms for other off site companies.
Management was so very kind, caring and helpful when I needed them. My co-workers were always there when I needed assistance in jobs I was not yet familiar with that were assigned to me. The hardest part of my job was learning to take minutes in a conference meeting which I still would probably have trouble learning.
The most enjoyable part of my job was all of the training I received with out prejudice knowing that they would do all they could to try and keep me there as an employee by transferring me to different departments until they could not keep me any longer.
Pros
flexable lunches, time off when i needed it. very understanding people.
Cons
no health insurance or secure placement.
nice place
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 12, 2012
working with special ed kids, I learned a lot management was great my co-workers were great the hardest part is moving from school to school the most enjoyable part was working with the kids
Pros
the kids and people
Cons
not working everyday
Hands on
Assisted Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 1, 2013
The MCOE is an exciting place to work filled with abundant tasks in support of pertinent users. A typical work day include staging of laptops, assigning prefixes, network printer setup etc.
Pros
open schedule
Cons
short term
schools that need assistance
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 16, 2012
There needs to be positive changes within the county schools.
Pros
none - well the students are a positive
Cons
administration and our healthcare really needs help.