Monterey Park Hospital Employee Reviews

Very slow work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CANovember 3, 2015
Place needs a lot of work, very slow ER, patients wait more than 3 hours to be seen. Dr.'s are rude to patients with small or minor illnesses. Supervisors never come down to check on employees. Place needs better customer service.
Pros
Some Medical staff are awesome
Cons
Dr's simply don't care as they should
The office was nice and everyone worked hard and played hard
Chief Accountant (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJanuary 26, 2015
The staring of the day is to do the daily routine, month end closing, or month end reports.
I learned a lot from my supervisor here. He taught me not only lots of hospital accounting concepts and work but also the excellent excel skills to finish the jobs efficiently.
The coworkers here were nice but the turnover rate was high. So I had to spend the time to train the new hires couple times.
The most enjoyable part is to have more chances to attend all kinds of classes or meetings.
a very good hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  alhambra, CAAugust 3, 2015
the staffs are very welcoming and helpful. patients are well taken care of. a pleasure to work in this institution and very nice experience.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
I like my co-workers, most Surgeons are a pleasure to work with
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJune 8, 2014
. clock in , go to office greet my co-workers, get a brief run down on my cases for the evening, my charge nurse tells me what room to go scrub into, and I relieve the techs so they can go home.
. In the past 4 years I have learned , obgyn procedures, ortho, general, urology, and vascular cases. I also learned how to work in sterilization processing department.
Cons
no breaks, alot of flexing
awful
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 23, 2015
not good ,stay away! you better be bi lingual to work there and I mean speak Spanish.staff are rude , filthy break room to eat in ,un necessary c -sections done quite often. Hiding of cydex when JACHO comes in to inspect. Just overall a shady place.
Cons
most everything
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJune 11, 2012
Everyday was a great day to go to work at Monterey Park Hospital.
I learned leadership, how to control confidentiality. My co-workers were like family to me, I got a long with everyone at work. The hardest part of my job was when the turn around for hiring Executive Assistant was consistent and I had no support running the office. But had the opportunity to be trusted alone to run the office with no supervision.
Pros
free lunch, attending special events
Cons
no breaks, hours were cut
Family Oriented and Intellectually Stimulating environment
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CASeptember 25, 2012
Work closely with medical staff leaders, hospital administration, and legal counsel with regard to medical staff and bylaws issues • Coordinate credentialing and re-credentialing applications and conduct document research • Collect and maintain files in relation to credentialing of network providers, including application, contracts, current physician licenses, DEA licenses, malpractice insurance, board certifications and other pertinent forms
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Very busy and great people to work for.
Mike Craig, Director of Radiology (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJune 14, 2013
The staff was overall great in all respects. I enjoyed my years working for that company.
The hardest part was night shift for a long time.
As for the management, I always got along very well with my director, chief techs, radiologist, office staff and co-workers very well and considered them friends.
Pros
great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
too far a drive and the drain of long years of night shifts.
very nice working environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CADecember 1, 2013
I would have to thank this hospital for giving me the opportunity to be part of there team. They gave me the education and knowledge of working with medical staffing such as nurses and doctors. From microbiology to phlebotomy (neonatal-geriatric), I have now the skills necessary to take on any lab assistant opportunity.
Pros
knowledge and skills obtained
Cons
in need to pursue of degree...
Great place to work.
Medical Records Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CADecember 4, 2014
I liked working here. I met a lot of people there. The work was great and I learned different types of office duties.
Fun, fast paced, awesome experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CADecember 3, 2013
helped me figure out what I wanted to pursue in. Fun in conversing with patients.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
facility to small

Monterey Park Hospital Reviews by Location