Monterey Peninsula College Employee Reviews in United States

Working with students on a therapeutic level was amazingly rewarding
MSW Intern Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time as an intern at Monterey Peninsula College very much. I was able to be autonomous while having support nearby and working closely with students who avidly sought out therapy.
Pros
Relationships with students who were willing to work within the therapeutic alliance
Cons
Sometimes there were wait lists and other times it was very slow.
Barely made ends meet
Student Worker C3 (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 17, 2016
Student-worker position. budget lowered consistently, made no living wage. Workload decent, learned basics for building course material.

Not bad work, just very unstable pay
Great Work Envornment
Football Coach and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with student athletes to help them reach there athletic and academic goals. The management really took a vested interest in developing.
Pros
Helping others, opportunities to promote up
Cons
Low pay for the amount of hours
Productive and professional work place.
Student (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 19, 2015
On a typical day I spend about 4 hours Monday through Wednesday working through QuickBooks lessons in an office environment.
Great and wonderful staff!
Part Time Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 24, 2015
The department I worked in was very low stress and very supportive and helpful. Everything about this organization was great.
As a student worker
Student Worker - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 21, 2015
... this was so convenient to have a job at the school while taking classes. I made lifelong friends and had life enriching experiences.
Best Internship
File Clerk/ Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 23, 2015
I was a freshman in college, still trying to figure out what I wanted to study. This position allowed me to find my true passion in the accounting/econ/finance field. The pay/benefits were outstanding and the coaching was exceptional.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 29, 2014
I was a Student at this campus. The teachers were excellent. The advisers really helped out with any questions I had. Tutoring was offered for all courses as well as any additional help from instructors.
THEATRE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 4, 2014
After 25 years working for the college I was laid off due to budgetary concerns, as the school decided to reduce the Theatre Arts program to bare bones.
Faculty Adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 18, 2014
Great students, great place to live and work. Staff and fellow faculty are very helpful and wish you to succeed.
Student Assistant Coach
Student Assistant Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 17, 2014
The ideal job after competing as a sprinter in the 4x100 and 4x400 relay team, the open 100, 200 and 400 meters.Also, completed a season of cross country. My primary position as an assistant was with the cross country program. My daily responsibilities included developing workouts and training student-athletes. As well as organizing over night field trips, hotel reservations, and most importantly, safely transporting fellow student-athletes to our destinations. Additionally, provided nutritional education and recorded the athletes progress throughout the season. Mentored young men and women under the supervision of my own mentor.
Pros
ideal job, fun and professional working enviorment
Cons
cross country program was"budget cut" low wage
Fun with varying work pace
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 9, 2013
Co-workers were nice
Work pace wasn't bad
Satisfying to know that you are helping others
Pros
get to touch up on math
Cons
few work hours
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 5, 2013
Boss was great, working with pre-practice and game treatments, coverage of practices and games and post game and practice treatments
Busy working place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 3, 2012
Productive and a fun working place. Always helping students and instructors with what I am able to do. Learning new things every day with supervisor.
Matriculation Support
INTERIM MATRICULATION SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 28, 2012
Working at the community college was one of the best places I have ever worked. Everything was fantastic. I was very sad that I had to move on but with budget crisis for education in California they could not offer full time position. I would go back to work there in a heart beat if a full time position opened up.
Director of Baseball Operations
Director of Baseball Operations (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 14, 2012
Helped to organize a merchandise sales table and increased the profit by 20%. Delegated tasks to all 8 members of the statistical crew in charge of keeping in-game statistics.
Excellent student work
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 28, 2012
I worked for Monterey Peninsula College in the tutoring department as a Mathematics tutor. They were flexible with your available hours due to the tutors being students themselves.

4.3