Monterrey Security

Monterrey Security Employer Reviews

gets to see concerts free
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free concerts
Cons: short breaks
this job is tiring but fun good work atmosphere nd great employes
They always hav some kind of work to be done.
Special Events Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2014
Pros: most jobs are easy to get to
Cons: waiting to see if you were seclected
The work place is family orientated company with opportunity to grow.
great events you will have a great time working
Event Staffing Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare for event staffing officers
Im in an on call position that gave me a great oppritunity to gain security experience
somewhat stable place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
Pros: you get your straight 8 hours
Cons: no benefits
The type of days with Monterrey Security, varies when give site 32 hrs. a week. but as sure as they give it , they take it away. They have you train other people to take your site after you receive a raise or two. I've learned how people take other people for granted. Management hardly ever see them. Co-workers fair, there,s really nothing hard about – more... Security, just being aware of your surrounding and prepared for anything is a must.The most enjoyable part of my day is greeting and meeting new people. – less
secure professional athletes
Field Security Officer (Former Employee), chicago ilSeptember 5, 2014
cool place to work but they do not compensate enough. you watch over fans and keep a safe environment during sporting events
The best I've seen
Supervisor (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 3, 2014
I've worked for multiple companies during my career, and Monterrey has been the best by far in all regards, BUT that doesn't mean they couldn't get better.

Much like any job, entry level sucks, but Monterrey is the type of company that if you work for them, they'll work for you... It is very easy to be just another face in the crowd, and it is almost – more... equally as easy to be a name the owner knows personally; they have some large, high profile accounts, but they are still a small family business. They're management team is so so... there were a few good managers if you work at a regular post, but dealing with the people in what they called "events" was usually a hassle, a hassle that may or may not be worth it depending on the event you're trying to work. Every time you see the owner though he's usually angry at someone, yelling, or trying really hard to not yell and fake a smile; he seems like an tool, but I probably would be too if I owned the place.

Bottom line if you want to make money here get your PERC card, and try and get at a regular post, and do events as needed. Learn to play the game with the managers, they do have their favorites, and if you're in with one it seems the others start to fight over you...lol... its almost flattering. You will not make a decent living just doing events, unless you are an off duty cop making a high rate to ultimately do nothing from what I can see. – less
Productive and Fun work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work was making my rounds to secure the premises and looking at the security cameras.
I learned how to be a security guard.
Management made sure we were doing our job like we suppose to.
No hard part of the job for me.
The enjoyable part of the job was making sure the customers were safe.
horrible place to work!!!
Off-Duty Armed Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: pay for leo's, otherwise they under cut you.
company does not have your back, even for LEO's. Horrible management.
Good money, confusing management
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: given the run around when trying to get answers
I worked for this company and it was ok. They give off-duty officers lots of good paying gigs but some of them aren't in the best locations. The cool thing is that you get to enjoy a free event while working special events at Soldier Field or Toyota and other locations. There was an issue that I was a part time officer so they laid me off. When I called – more... HR they gave me the run around along with the supervisors – less
Not worth it
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: working soldier filed.
Cons: long hours, management
Management played favorites. Was stuck for several years in one position. People would get in trouble, get switched to a new position, and include a raise or promotion. Hours based on on call. left you with a lot of off time or unpredictable schedule.
Wonderful company
Parking Meter Enforcement (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
a typical day at work for me is definitely hard work I always give 110% in whatever job i do because you are there to get paid for a purpose. I am always on time for work and i am a peoples person and always have a smile on my face.
Fun and very enjoying the activties
Event Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2014
I great time at this at this job engaging with customers and having fun with them.
Monterrey Security
Security Officer/ Usher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: professional events
Cons: seasonal
Was a security / usher, it was a good high school job. Especially because it was at professional venues, many Bears games, concerts, Chicago Fire games, etc.. Loved meeting the professional athletes, and being at the venues. It was seasonal, and then moved on to better things, was a great experience.
Security-Warehouse shows, Solider Field, McCormick Place, etc.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Armed/Unarmed security with perc card for Warehouse shows, Solider Field, McCormick Place, Auto shows, Commercial businessess, etc. Secured entrance, exit, check bags, monitor, and report stolen or damaged goods.
Security Officer- Speical Events
Security Officer- Speical Events (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: you will enjoy working with this company
Cons: there no cons
Provided customer service by greeting and directing guest to their designated seats.
Provided assistance with directing traffic and parking vehicles.
Provided docunmentation of daily routines and service provided.
Maintained a safe and secure work environment.
Laz Parking
Validating the accuracy of Chicago's Parking Pay Boxes.
Very productive, fun work place
Event Security (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work is working with people, i love working with alot of people, my co-workers are very nice, the job is very enjoyable
bears games
Security Guard (Former Employee), 2223 S Blue island ave chicago ,illnoisDecember 31, 2013
A ok place to work if you know the right people within the company or else you will get less then 25 hours a week .
Enjoyable workplace
Event Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2013
A typical work day consisted of a whole lot of standing around while the venue was being set up. I learned time management skills.
Avoid at all costs
Security 'Consultant' (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: the job
Cons: the company
The job can range from exciting, bearable or terrible depending on your personal demeanor, physical abilities and previous experience. Meaning if you don't seem like a people person management will make you stand in a dark corner and guard a broom closet. (which isn't a bad thing exactly, but if you are not a people person you have been warned). Basically – more... if you come in with any previous law enforcement or security experience they will put you in positions where you can put your experience to use but you will still get paid like someone who has no experience.

Day to day on this job is hard to describe because the job literally changes day to day and differs from site to site but the hardest part of the job in my opinion is the lack of stability. If you want to make decent money at this job you will have to take jobs at different locations in different towns ranging from suburban Chicago, downtown Chicago and even Indiana. There is a good chance in a year that you will work at a dozen different locations and you will probably not work with the same group of people twice, now if you like this kind of thing than this could be a positive.

This company however has very little up side with the negative aspects far outweighing the positives.

Management lies constantly (lies about shift times, lies about free lunch being provided, it isn't always provided and they don't tell you when it won't be provided, they also send email's asking to take money out of people's checks for food costs or they threaten to fire you). Their human resources department also will change your start time and work site without a phone call for confirmation.

Monterrey does not background check the majority of their workers so you have no idea if someone you are working with is an ex-felon/sex offender. (They do this through a legal loop-hole they do not hire security officers they hire 'consultants')

This is a good place if you really need extra work and your willing to deal with being in business with sketchy people. It is good to fit into a busy schedule as they (usually) go around your schedule very rarely calling you in.

Basically to sum it up, the company will treat you like expendable trash because their are 100 people to fill your spot because they work A LOT of high profile sporting events/entertainment festivals in the greater Chicago area. They will only keep you around if they know your useful since you already work for cheap. – less
Good high school job, not sure how to get promoted to the company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: doesn't feel like a real job, not sure how to get promoted, a little unorganozed
Monterrey Security was a job I worked for in high school. You were part of a huge security team that worked big events, concerts, games, etc. These took place at Soldier Field, Toyota Park, and other places. It was a good experience, and it was fun. It's a good job to make some easy money.

1 2 3