Monterrey Security

Monterrey Security Employer Reviews

horrible place to work!!!
Off-Duty Armed Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: pay for leo's, otherwise they under cut you.
company does not have your back, even for LEO's. Horrible management.
Good money, confusing management
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: given the run around when trying to get answers
I worked for this company and it was ok. They give off-duty officers lots of good paying gigs but some of them aren't in the best locations. The cool thing is that you get to enjoy a free event while working special events at Soldier Field or Toyota and other locations. There was an issue that I was a part time officer so they laid me off. When I called – more... HR they gave me the run around along with the supervisors – less
Not worth it
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: working soldier filed.
Cons: long hours, management
Management played favorites. Was stuck for several years in one position. People would get in trouble, get switched to a new position, and include a raise or promotion. Hours based on on call. left you with a lot of off time or unpredictable schedule.
Wonderful company
Parking Meter Enforcement (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
a typical day at work for me is definitely hard work I always give 110% in whatever job i do because you are there to get paid for a purpose. I am always on time for work and i am a peoples person and always have a smile on my face.
Fun and very enjoying the activties
Event Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2014
I great time at this at this job engaging with customers and having fun with them.
Monterrey Security
Security Officer/ Usher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: professional events
Cons: seasonal
Was a security / usher, it was a good high school job. Especially because it was at professional venues, many Bears games, concerts, Chicago Fire games, etc.. Loved meeting the professional athletes, and being at the venues. It was seasonal, and then moved on to better things, was a great experience.
Security-Warehouse shows, Solider Field, McCormick Place, etc.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Armed/Unarmed security with perc card for Warehouse shows, Solider Field, McCormick Place, Auto shows, Commercial businessess, etc. Secured entrance, exit, check bags, monitor, and report stolen or damaged goods.
Security Officer- Speical Events
Security Officer- Speical Events (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: you will enjoy working with this company
Cons: there no cons
Provided customer service by greeting and directing guest to their designated seats.
Provided assistance with directing traffic and parking vehicles.
Provided docunmentation of daily routines and service provided.
Maintained a safe and secure work environment.
Laz Parking
Validating the accuracy of Chicago's Parking Pay Boxes.
Very productive, fun work place
Event Security (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work is working with people, i love working with alot of people, my co-workers are very nice, the job is very enjoyable
bears games
Security Guard (Former Employee), 2223 S Blue island ave chicago ,illnoisDecember 31, 2013
A ok place to work if you know the right people within the company or else you will get less then 25 hours a week .
Enjoyable workplace
Event Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2013
A typical work day consisted of a whole lot of standing around while the venue was being set up. I learned time management skills.
Avoid at all costs
Security 'Consultant' (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: the job
Cons: the company
The job can range from exciting, bearable or terrible depending on your personal demeanor, physical abilities and previous experience. Meaning if you don't seem like a people person management will make you stand in a dark corner and guard a broom closet. (which isn't a bad thing exactly, but if you are not a people person you have been warned). Basically – more... if you come in with any previous law enforcement or security experience they will put you in positions where you can put your experience to use but you will still get paid like someone who has no experience.

Day to day on this job is hard to describe because the job literally changes day to day and differs from site to site but the hardest part of the job in my opinion is the lack of stability. If you want to make decent money at this job you will have to take jobs at different locations in different towns ranging from suburban Chicago, downtown Chicago and even Indiana. There is a good chance in a year that you will work at a dozen different locations and you will probably not work with the same group of people twice, now if you like this kind of thing than this could be a positive.

This company however has very little up side with the negative aspects far outweighing the positives.

Management lies constantly (lies about shift times, lies about free lunch being provided, it isn't always provided and they don't tell you when it won't be provided, they also send email's asking to take money out of people's checks for food costs or they threaten to fire you). Their human resources department also will change your start time and work site without a phone call for confirmation.

Monterrey does not background check the majority of their workers so you have no idea if someone you are working with is an ex-felon/sex offender. (They do this through a legal loop-hole they do not hire security officers they hire 'consultants')

This is a good place if you really need extra work and your willing to deal with being in business with sketchy people. It is good to fit into a busy schedule as they (usually) go around your schedule very rarely calling you in.

Basically to sum it up, the company will treat you like expendable trash because their are 100 people to fill your spot because they work A LOT of high profile sporting events/entertainment festivals in the greater Chicago area. They will only keep you around if they know your useful since you already work for cheap. – less
Good high school job, not sure how to get promoted to the company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: doesn't feel like a real job, not sure how to get promoted, a little unorganozed
Monterrey Security was a job I worked for in high school. You were part of a huge security team that worked big events, concerts, games, etc. These took place at Soldier Field, Toyota Park, and other places. It was a good experience, and it was fun. It's a good job to make some easy money.
great place to work at
Seasonal Events Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
I love working with this company. I have great experiences with administration
great fun job
security (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2013
i loved this job. yes it is tiring but fun time. meet new people and are flexible you choose when you work
Great, Flexible Job
Event Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2013
I've been with Monterrey Security now for about 7 months and can say that I've seen plenty of pros and cons(listed below) when it comes to working for this company.

PROS:
* Flexible scheduling- you work when you want to work (As someone with a FT job I like that I have the opportunity to make some extra $$ but don't have to stay committed to working – more... X amount of hours each week or a certain schedule.)
* Easy $$ (For Event Staff, 99% of the time you're posted somewhere and just stand there assisting guests by scanning tickets, finding seats, or answering questions.)
* Able to see free shows/games and sometimes even see/meet "celebrities".
* Plenty of events to work

CONS:
* Working with a lot of "young kids" (I'm over 25 and feel like a lot of times that the 16 - 18 year olds do not have a very good work ethic and act immature at time. Example: I've seen people pull their phone out to text multiple times even though it's against company policy OR not properly doing their job)
* Never enough Supervisors/Leads for events (plus no way to communicate with them since majority of the time you do not have a radio.)
* Most events are unorganized and we're not supplied with important information
* Some members of management/HR/administration do not know how to communicate professionally – less
I LIKE THIS JOB
Event Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2013
IT WAS A FUN JOB BECAUSE EVERYBODY I WORKED WITH WAS HARD WORKERS AND I ENJOYED BEING ON A TEAM WITH THEM BUT U DONT GET ANY BREAKS
job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2013
fun place to work especially during the bears season you are working and watching the game for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Productive at times. Good clients, but lack of raises. Fair company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2013
Pros: lunch hours, company clients, method of receiving pay, company an ok place to work.
Cons: lack of raises for the time period worked.
Security surveillance of assigned company grounds, use of programming clocks during rounds, checking to see that entrance doors locked. Checked each floor, parking areas, etc.

Learned the importance of security to different companies and the need for our services. Management was ok but could have been better as far as employees concerns. Worked independently. – more... Hardest part of job was getting compensated fairly. The best part was meeting new people on the different sites I worked. – less
Management that does not cafe for its employees
Event Security (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: sporting events
Cons: management sucks
Well I have worked for this Monterrey Security for about a year now and they are just awful communicators that care less for their employees. For example, if you are scheduled for a special event that takes over six hours they expect you to only take a 15 minute break when by law you are entitled to a half hour lunch. Often times the supervisors, who – more... are beyond idiotic, forget about you and do not give you a lunch nor break. They expect you to break your back and give them your all for what?? $9.00 an hour. Pathetic. Worst of all is that the management is incompetent!! The job itself is simple but the management makes it difficult. – less

Monterrey Security Photos