Monterrey Security Employee Reviews

secuirty guard just helping and patrolling the event
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  2232 S Blue Island Ave, Chicago, IL 60608February 20, 2017
A typical day at Monterrey Security included working different events such as Solider Field, Navy Pier and Toyota park. I made sure people and players were secure and directed to the there correct seating
Hard part
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2017
The hardest part working for Monterrey was taking only a 15 minute break after standing up for 5 hours. They need to improve their lunck and food. Breaks need to be divided up .
company is ok
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
company has good people but overall bad management. when you bring issues to them regarding things they play sides and don't take care of issues just try to sweep under rugs.
I enjoyed working at the bears game and I'm not a bears fan.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my child is being around children. The hardest part would be dealing with supervisors that lacks understanding.
Bad communication
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
You make your own schedule but they must confirm your availability, sometimes they dont confirm you at all. Their organization at events is not the best, you dont know where you will end up during the day, you may be wanding and then you might be out on the field. No basic training, and when you ask a supervisor a question they never know.
Pros
You get to go to big events in the city.
Cons
one short break, bad communication, hardly work.
Event Staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
I would enter the office and wait to be posted. Then would do that job for the time I was told with a break. Then clock out of the meeting point. I learned that management is easy going and fun to work with. They work together with the event staff and do a great job.
Good summer job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
I spent the summer with Monterrey Security and enjoyed the overall job. It was flexible and you were able to choose your location. The hours were long but they passed quickly if you remained active.
Pros
free lunches
It's a job that you'll actually have fun doing!
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
This job has given me flexibility and so much fun to be able to travel to places like soldier field and Wrigley field to witness things a lot of others would want to see just being apart of Monterrey Security. I learned a lot working there from what you need to do for your role of your job and how customer service is so important! Management is great they are dedicated people to wanting the job to get done right but they also know that it's fun as well. My co-workers are the coolest people I ever met and I'm glad I work along side them. The hardest part about the job is standing! Standing hurts your legs but it's worth it. And the most enjoyable part of the job is getting payed!.
Pros
Fun experience, the events, venues, job title, customers
Cons
No cons!
Monterrey Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
It's a great job if you don't mind working in the elements. It makes for a great full time or part time job because they allow you to create your own schedule.
Monterrey Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2017
When I worked for Monterrey Security they were only paying $8.00 per hour. Some of the sites that they would send you to had supervisors that showed no respect for other people. But all of their sites were not like that, they had sites where the supervisors were like your best friend. On some of the sites you would get breaks and on others you would not. I can't complain about management, they were very nice.
Slow paste unorganized
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  2232 S Blue Island Ave Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2016
They really don't give you hours or events unless you work full time they are horrible i do. It like this job they need new people they are disrespectful they always playing with someone's check taking money out or forgetting to give people their hours it's just ridiculous and a horrible experience
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Event Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 15, 2016
Monterrey Security is a fun an great place to work, have great group of co workers who is respectful and also helpful when things need to be done. On a scale I would give them a 10
Fun Place to Work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2016
I like working here because I got to see the different concerts and sporting events for free. The main thing to this job was to be aware of your surroundings at all times. You are to keep the public safe and your co-workers. You see something then you report it to the actual security guards that were on duty.
your security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILDecember 12, 2016
your security guard. you're going to concerts ,football games, games and any sports of it is basically EZ the pay is good whenever you want to work. it's easy
Pros
workable
Cons
far
it an good/bad job
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2016
worst security company ever they pay to little for all work they want you to do. bt it an ok job for second job earn xtra cash but not good for your full time job
Fun place to work in
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
It's a good place to work to meet and interact with new people. Experience new things and learn new things. As well as enjoying different events in Chicago while helping others too.
Pros
You get to see concerts for free.
Cons
it's not a an everyday job.
Customer service skills
Event Staff - seasonal (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2016
Working hard and be able to moved forward with my career and my life and know what type of person who I was really am in life. I work hard as a security guard and be able to offer any help to customers that is in needed of my help or something they want form the stadium. I feel this job help you succeed in your career and what you need to work on as you go forward with ghis company
fun work place
Event Staff Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608October 19, 2016
the work is easy the people are great and the management is excellent i miss working there its a great place to get security experience
Watching pribate property & any suspicious activity
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2016
Guarding private property & important equipment & suspicious activity of any kind making sure no one touches or steal anything job is steady pace fun working & excitement fulfillment energized guess
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
15 & 30 minute breaks healthcare
Great work environment
part time event staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608September 22, 2016
Monterrey Security provides exceptional security and guest services to people from all over the world when they come to a event and making sure your safety is important so u can enjoy your concert or football game.
Pros
The diffrenet live experiences with the celebrities
Cons
Short 15 min breaks including the walk back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monterrey Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9