Monterrey Security Employee Reviews

enjoyable work place to get to know new people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Long hours of standing, summer time very hot because we worked out side mostly, we travel different places to work often, best part of the job was we got to attend the events.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very short breaks
Great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Security Company where we work events, concerts and sporting events. We escort people who to their seats also make sure the facility is safe, and keep watch for suspicious activities.
As a Security Guard
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
As a Security Guard you walk around and check venues around the area to make sure everything is safe , collect tickets and also check bags on the way inside each building.
Private Detective, security officer, events staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
IWorked parttime on weekends, watched chicago fire , concerts, bears games, had to relocate, tried to work their again told no. I loved working there.
Pros
Free hot dogs and chips, can work full time and they will train you if thats what you want to do. Great work family balance.
Cons
Short breaks
lacks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  solider fieldJanuary 7, 2018
lack benefits and paid time off. no ability to improve over advance in payrate.also unable to make a longer involvement to the company due to no paid vacation time.
It was an exciting place to work. You get to associate with people and learn new things everyday.
Event Staff/Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2018
This was a fun place to to work, especially during the summer. You get a chance to work at concerts and baseball games and you even get a chane to travel. The worse part about working here is when it gets cold. Monterrey provides jackets but the jackets weren’t warm enough. Another thing i struggle with it getting to work. It was kind of far and i think it would be easier if the company provided transportation for people who needed it.
Pros
Free lunch, you don’t have to stay at the same spot for the whole time you work, never a dull moment
Cons
Working outside no matter the weather condition
The place is a good place to work with reliable hours
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
No room for advancement. Pay is very low. The environment that Monterrey provides is laid back and well structured. Their main office and for the most part management where pretty good.
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Low wages
Good sites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Working with this company the treat you best when you work as a 24 hour security officer if you work as an event person you really don't get treated that fairly at least that's what i was told i'm not sure how true that is but i enjoyed working at the site i was at.
Pros
Lengthy lunch breaks
Cons
health care
Free concerts
Security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Liked being able to listen to music and work at the same time. Met interesting people at concerts and festivals. Would definitely recommend for high school students.
Pros
Free concert
Cons
Long days of standing on feet, never a place to park and would have to walk to revenue.
Great place to start
Professional Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
Great location to start and learn on the job. This security position help me with open carrying. Being in the filed taught me a lot. Monterrey is a nice fit out of high school.
Securing events and maintaining crowd control
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2017
I work 30 to 40 hours a week what I learned was how to secure a large area and customers safe. sometimes management was one on one but sometimes not but ok the workplace culture was excellent and safe.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
up and down
It has its ups and downs
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
It has its ups and downs like any other part time job. Sometimes your getting to much work sometimes your not getting any work at all. If your good with customers and want to experience the culture of live venues this would be a great job for you. This would also be a great job for a college student/high school student. I'm over it though.
Pros
Free lunches at certain venues
Cons
Short breaks
Would never work there again
Assist on customer service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
I will never work at Monterrey security again. I was a high schools student so wouldn't expect to get paid a lot. But the job was not great and they expected more from you and wouldn't get paid on time.
Lack of hours
Event Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
At the moment I'm not receiving the hours I was hoping for. The work is easy if you're a detail oriented person. The managers I've worked with is fair and hands on with the position we're working. The workplace is fast paced, the hardest part of the job is trying to watch everyone and everything entering the stadium. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours
Exciting Workplace
Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
A typical day is standing post and observing everyone around. I learned how to use Magnetometers,wands, and search bags. Most supervisors were easy to work with. I learned to be patient and Understand everyone. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Sometimes able to enjoy event while working
Cons
Standing for hours
monterey experience
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2017
at Monterey I learned that i can't be chilling and be relaxed especially when i'm working at a serious event. the hardest part was standing for nearly half a day. what I have enjoy was interacting with the audience.
Its an okay job
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2017
I work Parking Enforcement through MSC, the pay rate is low for this type of job. Management is poor, benefits are not the best either.The only plus to this job I would say is the people you get to work with and if your not too familiar with Chicago you find some really cool places to hang out with friends and family.
Pros
New friends
Cons
healthcare, pay rate, management
A Great Part Time/ Second Job
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2017
This job is great for me because I work an 8am to 5pm job and to make a little extra money on weekends and after 5pm during the weekdays is great. You get to select your own schedule only con is during the winter is get real slow and it seems like your fighting to work events especially if its one everybody wants to work. Generally a great 2nd job to your full-time first job!!!!
hot and long hours of standing with no breaks
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
It was an okay place to work you got to work a the chicago bears game concerts they held there .did work at chicago fire and concerts there as well and you did work at charter one concert hall
Pros
see a lot of famous people
Cons
long standing hours no breaks and low pay
It is a decent company that is contracted with a number of entertainment venues in Chicago.
Event Staff/Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
In my personal opinion, Monterrey is a decent company to work with as well as yielding a great opportunity to learn new things. Granted, it has its imperfections, but that's with any security company. In addition, you get to watch many different sporting events and concerts in the process. I get the chance to learn about different people and how they act in given situations. It is quite a challenging yet easy and fun job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work at entertainment venues
Cons
Somewhat shady reputation, no health benefits