Monterrey Security

Monterrey Security Employer Reviews

Event Security
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: see concerts
Cons: terrible pay and management
Typical day at work show up sign in stand around do nothing for usually an hour or two and then work at a zone that you are put in during the event.
The management here is clueless. I once worked an 8 hour shift and was not given break required by state law. After bringing it up to the supervisor he asked do you really need to break.
Very unprofessional with variety background of age with little to no training at all.
Fun locations to work, get to meet pro athletes, artist, etc
Security Officer/ Usher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: experience once in a life time moments
Protected the integrity of the customer and artist while executing security duties for big venues held at Soldier Field, Toyota Park, and Sears Center
Secured all restricted areas, ushered customers to their reserved seats
i really enjoyed the job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
I really enjoyed the job I felt I was a really hard worker, the only problem was that they would over look the hard workers and give their friends the higher up postions.
Great job
Security Guard/ Guess Services (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJanuary 26, 2015
great job to work at you have to stand for a period of time, and you have to have excellent customer service skills
Fun and hardworking company with durable co-workers.
Meter Enforcement (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 26, 2015
Fun and hardworking company with durable co-workers. Great company.
Very productive and fun work environment.
Event Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day would be arriving early to the event. Checking in and job placement. Concerts and sporting events are always fun to work in. There is so many employees you get to meet new people every event. The hardest part of the job is just being able to stand on your feet for long period of time. The most enjoyable part of working there is getting to interact with different people and its always a fun environment.
FUN WORKPLACE
Security Officer- Special Events (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST JOBS I HAD SO FAR YOU CAN WORK SECURITY FOR CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL TEAM AND CHICAGO FIRE AND WATCH THE GAMES AT THE SAME TIME
gets to see concerts free
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free concerts
Cons: short breaks
this job is tiring but fun good work atmosphere nd great employes
They always hav some kind of work to be done.
Special Events Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2014
Pros: most jobs are easy to get to
Cons: waiting to see if you were seclected
The work place is family orientated company with opportunity to grow.
great events you will have a great time working
Event Staffing Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare for event staffing officers
Im in an on call position that gave me a great oppritunity to gain security experience
somewhat stable place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
Pros: you get your straight 8 hours
Cons: no benefits
The type of days with Monterrey Security, varies when give site 32 hrs. a week. but as sure as they give it , they take it away. They have you train other people to take your site after you receive a raise or two. I've learned how people take other people for granted. Management hardly ever see them. Co-workers fair, there,s really nothing hard about Security, just being aware of your surrounding and prepared for anything is a must.The most enjoyable part of my day is greeting and meeting new people.
secure professional athletes
Field Security Officer (Former Employee), chicago ilSeptember 5, 2014
cool place to work but they do not compensate enough. you watch over fans and keep a safe environment during sporting events
The best I've seen
Supervisor (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 3, 2014
I've worked for multiple companies during my career, and Monterrey has been the best by far in all regards, BUT that doesn't mean they couldn't get better.

Much like any job, entry level sucks, but Monterrey is the type of company that if you work for them, they'll work for you... It is very easy to be just another face in the crowd, and it is almost equally as easy to be a name the owner knows personally; they have some large, high profile accounts, but they are still a small family business. They're management team is so so... there were a few good managers if you work at a regular post, but dealing with the people in what they called "events" was usually a hassle, a hassle that may or may not be worth it depending on the event you're trying to work. Every time you see the owner though he's usually angry at someone, yelling, or trying really hard to not yell and fake a smile; he seems like an tool, but I probably would be too if I owned the place.

Bottom line if you want to make money here get your PERC card, and try and get at a regular post, and do events as needed. Learn to play the game with the managers, they do have their favorites, and if you're in with one it seems the others start to fight over you...lol... its almost flattering. You will not make a decent living just doing events, unless you are an off duty cop making a high rate to ultimately do nothing from what I can see.
Productive and Fun work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work was making my rounds to secure the premises and looking at the security cameras.
I learned how to be a security guard.
Management made sure we were doing our job like we suppose to.
No hard part of the job for me.
The enjoyable part of the job was making sure the customers were safe.
horrible place to work!!!
Off-Duty Armed Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: pay for leo's, otherwise they under cut you.
company does not have your back, even for LEO's. Horrible management.
Good money, confusing management
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: given the run around when trying to get answers
I worked for this company and it was ok. They give off-duty officers lots of good paying gigs but some of them aren't in the best locations. The cool thing is that you get to enjoy a free event while working special events at Soldier Field or Toyota and other locations. There was an issue that I was a part time officer so they laid me off. When I called HR they gave me the run around along with the supervisors
Not worth it
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: working soldier filed.
Cons: long hours, management
Management played favorites. Was stuck for several years in one position. People would get in trouble, get switched to a new position, and include a raise or promotion. Hours based on on call. left you with a lot of off time or unpredictable schedule.
Wonderful company
Parking Meter Enforcement (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
a typical day at work for me is definitely hard work I always give 110% in whatever job i do because you are there to get paid for a purpose. I am always on time for work and i am a peoples person and always have a smile on my face.
Fun and very enjoying the activties
Event Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2014
I great time at this at this job engaging with customers and having fun with them.
Monterrey Security
Security Officer/ Usher (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: professional events
Cons: seasonal
Was a security / usher, it was a good high school job. Especially because it was at professional venues, many Bears games, concerts, Chicago Fire games, etc.. Loved meeting the professional athletes, and being at the venues. It was seasonal, and then moved on to better things, was a great experience.

1 2 3