Montgomery College

Montgomery College Employer Reviews

Just a great place to work.
Coordinator, Institutional Reporting (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: everyone wanted the college to be the best possible.
Cons: the different function areas still have not learned to work together.
Montgomery College supports its' employees. Salaries were higher than most other public institutions. Advancement was available to all who excelled at their jobs. I worked with a dedicated group of people. Everyone did their jobs well. Everyone worked to support everyone else. We all depended upon each other for certain kinds of information. The two – more... managers I had were excellent. They would each always listen to what I had to say, even when we did not agree. The most difficult part of the job was getting others in the various functional areas to understand what an integrated data base (BANNER) was, and how information provided by one area could affect other functional areas. People around the college appreciated what we did, and said so. – less
Challenging
Admin (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 19, 2014
Few career opportunities
Management lacks knowledge in employee relations
Positive workforce
EKG/Cardiovascular Instructor
E.K.G./ Cardiovascular Technician Instructor (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDJuly 8, 2014
I had an amazing time teaching this course at Montgomery College. My Program Director was always helpful and available to any needs that or questions I had.
A good work environment. Very busy
Teacher/The Challenge Program (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: lack of working hours
A good working environment. Very busy
I don't have any more to say
good work place
building service (Current Employee), silver sping mdJune 30, 2014
A self-starting creative college with demonstrated organizational and abilities. Works well individually or as part of a team. A results-oriented, dependable professional with demonstrated knowledg fast-paced environment as well as providing outstanding customer service while increasing the overall customer experience. Able to contribute favorably to – more... bottom line goals with the use of analytical skills. – less
productive; learning everyday
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 29, 2014
Management was excellent

What i learn about this job was dealing with multiple students and solving there issues regarding with there financial needs, helping with there post payments or whatever else they need to help with.

A typical day at work was really busy Monday- Friday.

My co-worker was really tough at times when we are extremely busy. But – more... i had learn a lot everyday. I cant complain. – less
Great Institution
Adjunct Counseling Faculty (Current Employee), MarylandJune 24, 2014
As a part time instructor I have been pleased with my overall experience. The college serves a very diverse population of students.
getting along with other students
lab technicean (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 15, 2014
Pros: coperation
Cons: heavy work load
The instructors were very knowledgeable and were willing to share their knowledge with their students
Great community college
Chemistry Lab Coordinator (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDMarch 11, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Excellent place to work for with friendly supporting environment.
School
Marketing student (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 24, 2014
Learn the Basics of Marketing,Employ strategic marketing skills, including scenario planning, market intelligence, customer profiles, marketing plans, and competitive analysis, to respond to organizational marketing challenges.
Goal oriented, productive and creative job
Training Instructor (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: little stress
Cons: support from administrative personnel
developing and implementation of curriculum for children in preschool age, taking trainings in Early CHildhood Education. The most enjoyable the nurturing and beautiful environment to work. The hardest, being physical exhausted after working for 8 hours with little ones.
Faculty Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJanuary 20, 2014
They take care of students, and if this is your first time working, try and stay here, don't do what I did and get out.
Great Colleagues: Benefits So-So for Adjuncts
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: some choice of schedule, fair pay, working with others who care, discount at plays and bookstore
Cons: no healthcare, use of gym, courses have no tuition or textbook credit
When you teach at MC you are surrounded by others who want to teach as well. The environment among colleagues is nice within your department as you tend not to have time as an adjunct to meet people in other departments. The pay has improved over time due to adding a union. However, benefits like taking courses, health benefits, use of facilities such – more... as the gym, are not available for part timers. Adjuncts have only 3 pay steps and depending on enrollment and full time professors selection of courses the job security is not optimal. – less
Great place to learn about new cultures
International Office - Student Assistant (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 13, 2014
Working in the International Student Office is a great experience. Each day is a completely different one since we work helping students from other countries as they come into the office. The opportunities to enlarge our knowledge about the world is immense.

We also need to do all the office duties like: answering the phone, replying emails, manage – more... office supplies, manage students files, provide assistance to the coordinators, etc..

The work atmosphere is very good, since both coordinators and co-workers are interested and willing to help each other, and what is most important willing to help the students. – less
Teacher
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 28, 2013
Taught health and exercise classes for one year while in between my master and doctoral degree
productive
student assistance (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDDecember 15, 2013
Pros: go out lunches with co workers
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would have a lot of interaction with students ad running errands,cleaning up class rooms. my co workers are students and fun to work with.
A Good Place to Work
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 10, 2013
Great Benefits
Great College
Most of the workers are good people some are shady, but that's everywhere else.
Interesting Educational Environment
Adjunct Professor, Department of History (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 22, 2013
I have always had good support from the department, and the student body is always interesting and very diverse. Adjunct pay is low and courses are not guaranteed.
Biology Lab Cordinator
Biology Laboratory coordinator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 11, 2013
set up biology labs during the school year. communicate with faculty members and student.
Great place to work!
IT Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: i can't think of any at the moment...
Montgomery College is a great place to work and has a wealth of benefits for its employees. The Office of Information Technology department is stellar! The Management Teams are extremely knowledgeable, and my peers are always willing to ensure that whatever needs to be done to take care of our first priority, the students, is always given great attention. – more... The most enjoyable part of my position is learning new technologies and interacting with the customers, faculty, staff and students. – less

1 2 3