Montgomery College Employee Reviews

The Best Place To Work
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 16, 2017
This is the best place to work when you need a part time job and income. The Supervisor Susana Gilardi really cares about your job performance. This job will help you to continue on to great and better things.
Pros
You will find great responsibility and rewards
Cons
You willl be sorry for leaving this job
great company to work for
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 28, 2016
Loved the culture at Montgomery college and my managers were amazing at both departments. I was taught a lot on the jobs. They could improve salaries however.
Great experience to carry over.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 22, 2016
As a receptionist/administrative assistant; registering new and returning students was a great experience in customer service as well as office administrative work. Management gave me the opportunity to jump from class to the front desk while still a student. My co-workers were wonderful people that I was able to work with daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was registering new and returning students.
Pros
Great education
Cons
Productive and fun working environment
ESL/ GED Instructor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 17, 2016
Excellent working environment and people. During my time as an ESL teacher for the workforce and continuing Education faculty I have learned so much from the other teachers. I have been treated with respect and courtesy by my peers.
Pros
Great professional development opportunities
Fun, exciting, great management support
Administrative Assistant/Student Worker (Former Employee) –  The Reading, Writing and Language CenterDecember 6, 2016
A typical day a work consist assisting other students, greeting guests, assuring the work area is clean and neat. I have learned to become a strong leader. Management is very supportive, friendly and pleasant to work with. I find this job very pleasurable.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee, tea, incentive parties
Very diverse work environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDNovember 14, 2016
The diversity in this work places makes it such that you will learn something new everyday from every person that comes in.
productive and useful workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 12, 2016
At MCC we have excellent co-workers and manager, as well as modern equipment.
Also students as a rule are really motivated to learn.
Social life at college is interesting as well as we have swimmimng pool and gym for free.
fun
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDNovember 9, 2016
the staff is nice. however the student can be very demanding and the place is always busy. you can have sometimes time to do some homework if you are a student.
Pros
fun
productive place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDOctober 23, 2016
The environment is relaxing. I have a relax time and get to interact and improve my communication skills with students. The food is pretty good and the security is great. I learn how to help students out on their financial aid and i also help them on scholarship.
Dedicated staff and educators
Academic Coordinator/Instructor/BRIDGE (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 16, 2016
My job is to change the very nature of a student's reading and writing narrative. Typically, I conduct research on learning methodologies and styles and perform administrative duties to support and reach out to instructors. I work closely with counselors, including the DSS counselors, and feel strongly about maintaining close relationships with these educational and behavioral specialists.
The best part of my day is in the classroom, but also the conversations, at the end of the day, between peers and students, continue to enlighten me.
The hardest part of the day is letting the day go once I leave the campus.
Productive/Professional
FA/Admissions Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDSeptember 8, 2016
I have worked several jobs at Montgomery College and each job has left me satisfied. They have always been flexible with schedules and you get to work with a diverse population. I've learned a lot of analytical skills and data entry skills during my time here. The hardest part of the job at one point was dealing with the constant rush but that becomes second nature at one point and ends up being easily manageable. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with a group of lovely people who always supports you and has your back.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Great Breaks
Great place for a student
Media Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 30, 2016
Montgomery College is a public, open access community college located in Montgomery County, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C.. The college has three campuses, the largest of which is in Rockville.
Inspiring learning environment
System Admin / Data Entry Admin (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work is busy and always have task to complete. It is an inspiring environment as there are always evolving issues that gives room to learn new things ranging from user-management, network, etc...
Laid back
Admin Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJune 2, 2016
Although the office gets busy sometimes, it's usually quite in the office. Most communication is done by email or phone. The college as a whole is a good place to work. Smoke free campus. Parking is a nightmare though.
Safety and Security Officer/Weekend Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDApril 10, 2016
I have been here for a number of years and have learned a great deal about Higher Education. I appreciate all they have taught me.
Pros
Staff Development
Cons
No advancement
Great
CyberAdvantage Student (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDFebruary 26, 2016
Nothing to judge, great place to work with. I am a student in their continued education program, so I don't have anything to say.
Difficult work place environment
Grants Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to do what I love; mentoring others and having the authority to change young people's life.
montgomery college
IT Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDFebruary 6, 2016
It was fun meeting and helping new students with their school supplies . Also ordering the books was also fun also. Sparking up a lot of conversations with other students past the time also.
A fun place to work, meeting people from all over the world.
Instructor of ESOL (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed teaching English as a second language to adults. I met people from all over the world. Most of my students were hard-working, dedicated students who wanted to better their lives and the lives of their children. Most of my students showed great appreciation toward me for helping them not only learn English, but also for helping them fill out job applications, understand mail they received, communicate with their children's teachers.
Pros
Rewarding job, helping others.
Cons
only part time, no benefits
well
Senior Staff, Child Care (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 12, 2016
I've been an employee for Montgomery college for the past 16 years unfortunately they have decided to close both Rockville and Takoma Park Centers by June 30th,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2