Montgomery College

Montgomery College Employer Reviews

Mentor
MENTOR/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 26, 2015
While here, I was able to assist adults who needed help with english conversation. Most of the adutls who participated in this program were not from the US. So we had to start off slow and small and eventually through trial and error and much hard work and dedication the students were able to grasp english conversation and gradaute from the program.
Highly efficient and friendly environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, constant support from peers, reliability
Great environment.
I learn that it is not all about coming in work and leave. We became family
I have the best co-workers ever. Very nice, caring, and loving individuals.
I love every single part of the job
Montgomery College is and excellent place to work for.
Office Assistant/Customer Services (Former Employee), Wheaton MarylandFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: an excellent place to grow in the educational field.
Cons: i am not longer working there.
Montgomery College is an excellent educational facility. They have the best work team. The management is well organize. Through the group work you can see the wonderful results in the students successful achievements.
Love the atmosphere and people
Building and Grounds Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Germantown, MarylandFebruary 18, 2015
It was a great place to work with high morale and everyone got along and did fantastic work, until a new management came to the Campus. Morale dropped quickly and most people were not helping each other out like they did before but the work did get done

When I started, I saw myself retiring from there but now I don't see that at all.
Great experience working in a lead administrative and coaching role
Collegewide Athletic Director (Former Employee), Rockville, MarylandFebruary 8, 2015
Great experience working in a lead administrative and coaching role. Gained vital knowledge with NCAA & NJCAA eligibility and compliance, and Title IX compliance.
Very beneficial workplace
Counselor/Directors Assistant Aide (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDDecember 31, 2014
I enjoyed working. The job was very beneficial. I networked and connected with people in the career i choose to pursue
Great learning institution
Student Aide- Art Dept (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
a typical day involves helping students to achieve their academic goals by assisting students with lab assignments, tutoring, accessing various materials in the lab. I have aquired the knowlege of specific disciplines to be able to tutor on certain subjects. my coworkers were fun loving individuals with a passion for learning. There weren't any difficult parts of this job, I really enjoyed the diversity of the lab.
Great Institution
Also serve a Wellness Center Manager oncall basis (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDDecember 3, 2014
This is an educational institution within the community. Serve as a Zumba and Pilates to staff and faculty of the college. Also serve a Wellness Center Manager on call basis.
Easy if you enjoy teaching.
Student Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Germantown, MDOctober 19, 2014
Pros: making your own schedule.
Cons: old school type management.
The job teaches plenty of patience and how to interact with people. A normal day at work would be talking to at least 100 students and helping with their assignments. Because of the wide spread of assignments, working there is like taking all the computer classes at once. Working there as a student is very beneficial because you can also work on your own assignments if no one is in need of help. This is a great on campus job.
Just a great place to work.
Coordinator, Institutional Reporting (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: everyone wanted the college to be the best possible.
Cons: the different function areas still have not learned to work together.
Montgomery College supports its' employees. Salaries were higher than most other public institutions. Advancement was available to all who excelled at their jobs. I worked with a dedicated group of people. Everyone did their jobs well. Everyone worked to support everyone else. We all depended upon each other for certain kinds of information. The two managers I had were excellent. They would each always listen to what I had to say, even when we did not agree. The most difficult part of the job was getting others in the various functional areas to understand what an integrated data base (BANNER) was, and how information provided by one area could affect other functional areas. People around the college appreciated what we did, and said so.
Challenging
Admin (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 19, 2014
Few career opportunities
Management lacks knowledge in employee relations
Positive workforce
EKG/Cardiovascular Instructor
E.K.G./ Cardiovascular Technician Instructor (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDJuly 8, 2014
I had an amazing time teaching this course at Montgomery College. My Program Director was always helpful and available to any needs that or questions I had.
A good work environment. Very busy
Teacher/The Challenge Program (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: lack of working hours
A good working environment. Very busy
I don't have any more to say
good work place
building service (Current Employee), silver sping mdJune 30, 2014
A self-starting creative college with demonstrated organizational and abilities. Works well individually or as part of a team. A results-oriented, dependable professional with demonstrated knowledg fast-paced environment as well as providing outstanding customer service while increasing the overall customer experience. Able to contribute favorably to bottom line goals with the use of analytical skills.
productive; learning everyday
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 29, 2014
Management was excellent

What i learn about this job was dealing with multiple students and solving there issues regarding with there financial needs, helping with there post payments or whatever else they need to help with.

A typical day at work was really busy Monday- Friday.

My co-worker was really tough at times when we are extremely busy. But i had learn a lot everyday. I cant complain.
Great Institution
Adjunct Counseling Faculty (Current Employee), MarylandJune 24, 2014
As a part time instructor I have been pleased with my overall experience. The college serves a very diverse population of students.
getting along with other students
lab technicean (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 15, 2014
Pros: coperation
Cons: heavy work load
The instructors were very knowledgeable and were willing to share their knowledge with their students
Great community college
Chemistry Lab Coordinator (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDMarch 11, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Excellent place to work for with friendly supporting environment.
School
Marketing student (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 24, 2014
Learn the Basics of Marketing,Employ strategic marketing skills, including scenario planning, market intelligence, customer profiles, marketing plans, and competitive analysis, to respond to organizational marketing challenges.
Goal oriented, productive and creative job
Training Instructor (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: little stress
Cons: support from administrative personnel
developing and implementation of curriculum for children in preschool age, taking trainings in Early CHildhood Education. The most enjoyable the nurturing and beautiful environment to work. The hardest, being physical exhausted after working for 8 hours with little ones.

1 2 3