Montgomery College Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Steady management. Independent work.
Sr. Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 5, 2017
Centralized Support Desk with good IT Support staff available. Good and friendly management. Systems Windows 7 with reasonablly up to date networks. Multiple campuses.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Windows 7 in the year 2017.
excellent job
Professor of Philosophy (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 19, 2017
A wonderful place to work with caring people who are dedicated to the education of students and the advancement of the mission of the college. I am very fortunate to work there.
Pros
Summer vacations
great school
Mechanic, Midas (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 12, 2017
great school was able to have everything work within my schedule to complete my degree with ease. At the time I was in school it was also easy to obtain a job that worked with my school schedule.
Pros
hours
It is a fun enviromment to teach
Lecturer/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2017
It is great to be able to teach to such a diverse numbers of students from different backgrounds, languages, countries, social experiences. All these diversity makes Montgomery College a very interesting place to teach in.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
part timers have no benefits
mixed
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 24, 2017
Compensation and benefits are good, but leadership is poor. Little opportunity for advancement. Workload is heavy and alternate work schedules and telework are not allowed.
Volunteer, ESL teacher
Assistant ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 23, 2017
I worked as volunteer ESL teacher for the college. The lead teacher was a great mentor. The classes were filled with amazing adults that wanted to learn English and it was my pleasure to help them meet their goals.
Student Worker
Engineering Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 17, 2017
Easy job as a student worker while taking classes. I enjoyed sharing knowledge gained with fellow students. The management was understanding, and realized classes come first
Great Learning Environment
Instructions Associate (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDOctober 6, 2017
Great place to work and very educational. I was able to engage to many different types of people. Got the experience to learn a lot and more about different cultures.
Pros
Free Courses
Cons
Na
fun staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 4, 2017
typical day at the Montgomery College bookstore is, opening the store, operating register, accept different payments such as: cash, credit/debit, check. restock merchandise and close store
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay, only for students.
Productive Place
Professor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Montgomery College because it gave me the opportunity to enhance my technology skills as well the training was very helpful to address the students' needs.
Work experience at Montgomery College
Scheduling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Montgomery college is overall a great place to work. While you are employed there, you have the luxury of taking classes tuition free to advance in whatever field you desire. This is one of the many benefits of working at MC. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Benefits galore
Cons
Advancement is timely and opportunities are limited.
Former Employee (9+years)
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed working at the College and was well-liked by most administrators, faculty, staff, and students. I have had the good fortune of assisting the Program Directors with faculty and daily communication with students. A privileged to have been an advocate for the students.
Pros
Workplace diversity, salary and benefits
Cons
Management bias in promotion decisions. Ombudsman office, reported yearly that supervisors, and staff morale extremely low. Staff Union, has a track record of favoring management, for employee issues.
Part-time adjunct I Portuguese instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 17, 2017
A safe, clean and well organized institution! Students are focused and interested. The Language department is very nicely structured and it functions well.
Pros
Nice environment and friendly colleagues
Cons
no cons
Productive and good place to work.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Montgomery College is an excellent institution with an excellent mission and students to teach. Faculty hours are flexible. The support staff (lab techs) are excellent. The facilities (buldings, classrooms) are clean and well-stocked. Office supplies as well as copiers and SCANTRON machines are provided free of charge.
Pros
Students, flexible hours, facilities
Cons
Frequency of observations/performance reviews
They Need A Little Help In The Department Of Giving Their Students The Deseved Attention
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 13, 2017
I feel as students you need to work at school; so therefore, you need the same opportunities as the permanent workers at this college it is only fair and reasonable thing to do. You need more pay and more hours and you need to get a better education, because this school does not do that. They deliberately try and keep you from getting a quality education.
Pros
They Do Hire You To Do Work As A Student Employee
Cons
They Don't Help You Find A Better Job With Better Pay So You Can Hire A Babysitter For Your Kids
Student Centered College
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 4, 2017
I love working at Montgomery College. Teaching and discussing is very enjoyable to me and I also love helping the students. The college puts much focus on helping the students which is also very appropriate and inspirational.
As a part-time teacher in Montgomery College, I work very independently. Montgomery College trusts part-time teachers very much.
CHINESE LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 31, 2017
My job in Montgomery College is just a part-time job. This school does't offer language teachers a full-time position. If I have a chance I would like to teach as a full-time teacher. However, I like the teaching atmosphere and administrative staffs, who are very supportive in Montgomery college.
Pros
Easy going work atmosphere. Staffs are very nice.
Cons
No benefits for part-time teachers.
Wonderful Job
Student Assistant - Athletic Department (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDAugust 22, 2017
It was great since I was working with the athletic department. Not a lot of games to work, but it was cool with me since I was a full time student at that time.
Excellent for stability
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 15, 2017
Often refer to MCPS as the "golden handcuffs" because nobody wants to leave. Growth takes time and need to be patient through the process. With a union, always well protected.
Great Academic School
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 14, 2017
The students are wonderful and eager to learn. The student body is very diverse. They are wonderful in helping students succeed in a community college atmosphere.