Montgomery County Community College

Montgomery County Community College Employee Reviews

Learning Enviornment
Student Employee (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Tutoing, GREAT People
Cons: Temporary job
I would come into work; check paper level in printer to see if a refill was necessary, check supplies to see if they needed to be refilled, check email, check to see if professors need anything, write schedule for next day, and do homework if I had any.

I learned how to fix paper jams in the printer/copier

I had great and positive co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the conversations that I would have with the professors.
Performance and a fun place to be.
Lively Art Usher (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAMarch 6, 2015
My day at work is fun I love it. I get to meet different artist and get to see them perform life on stage. My co-workers are fun to be with and very friendly, the hardest part of my job is trying to get the exact seat of each guest. It is not really hard to figure out because the sits are numbered. I enjoy the part when the performance begins.
Aesthetically Pleasing
Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free parking, beautiful grounds, technology
Cons: pay, low staff morale
I worked in a grant funded program for a little under a year. The working environment was aesthetically pleasing and the campus beautifully maintained. While the environment appeared to be great on the surface there are deep rooted issues in the Student Success Center. Most of the counselors and advisors have been at the college for a long time and treated new employees unfairly. Most times I was not even acknowledged by colleagues when saying "good morning" or "hello." The Dean of the department abruptly resigned leaving a counselor to take over his responsibilities.

The program I previously worked in has a huge turnover rate due to mismanagement by the director. I was a part time employee who was essentially held responsible for running the program as well as coordinating services for students. The students in the program were not pleased with the director and how she pushed away the staff that previously worked there. The director refused to meet or see students even though we were short staffed. Also, daily schedules were not consulted with and a lot of things were just dropped in my lap. Staff concerns about the director and lack of leadership were brought to Human Resources with no resolve in place. Many of those in leadership positions throughout the college were also leaving and going to other organizations. There was a huge turnover during the amount of time that I spent employed at the college. Students pursuing 2 year degree programs and certificate programs were averaging 6 years to complete their academic programs. The college needs to really work on interpersonal relations between staff members and leadership or they will continue to lose valuable employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: great benefits
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team.
Productive environment
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee), PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: acess to the resources.
Cons: not having job stability and benefits.
A typical day at work is entirely productive and rewarding.

Team work and collaboration adds to the productivity of the environment.

Technological assistance is always at your finger tips.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to watch the students growth and development in the learning environment.

The hardest part of the job is the assurance that the classes will be available every semester.
I ask weekly queries based on Entertainment, Pop Culture, Personality, and Interests.
Analyst (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the amount of fans
Cons: rejections, short interviews
This is just a hobby in-which I do on Campus. I think of what to ask for that week. There are going to be a few enhancements in Fall 2014. My Producer is the Montco's Associate Director of Media Technology.
College Hall Computer Lab
Computer Laboratory Aide (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJune 9, 2014
MCCC is an exciting fun place to work and there is always something new coming up. Things change daily around here and I must stay on top of the daily situations as they come up. Take care of Printers and computers in the Lower Level Computer Lab. Help Students and Tutors with software and equipment as problems arise. Security, applications, and helping students stay up to date with the newest technologies with all current Pcs in the lab is my job description. Work with the It Help Desk to repair problems that arise. I currently work part time.
pleasing
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMay 19, 2014
Excellent life experience, uplifting and excellent collobration
best company to work for
sport event cordenator (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAMay 16, 2014
best company to work for,co-worker was like family to me.great college to work and to learn in
Supportive work environment, Management wants the best for their team
Customer Service for Enrollment Services (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Very busy work environment, fast paced, great benefits, open door management.
Well rounded environment
KEYS Office Assistant (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly, supportive, compassionate staff
Having the opportunity of being employed at Montgomery County Community College it has been an absolute positive experience. The staff here are hard working, compassionate and has the best interest for the students who attend here. Given the position I am able to have that direct contact and connection with the students we serve. The overall experience has impacted my professional, personal and academic abiliities. I would recommend Montgomery County Community College as a place for employment and a start to pursue higher education.
Good Company to work for if you fit.
Computer Networking, Student (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAApril 1, 2014
Pros: job is not hard.
Cons: training needs to be better.
You would get assign to your work area.
When working stay alert to your job.
Management is ok, depending what department you work for, some managers need better interpersonal skills.
You have good and bad workers.
Training is not up to par.
Completing your work order.
assisting students with various school duties
Power Program Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good work hours
Working at this company was a wonderful experience. Sorry I had to leave due to getting my degree. The work place was comfortable and the other employees there were just fantatic.
Camp Athletic Director
Athletic Director/Camp Director (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAJanuary 29, 2014
Would lead and create athletic activities for a summer camp. Excellent experience in working with children and developing daily plans for campers.
a good experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PADecember 23, 2013
Pros: good experience for professional growth
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
I had the opportunity to teach an evening course. It was fun and rewarding.
MCCC
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Pottstown, PANovember 20, 2013
The position I held didn't pay much and wasn't very many hours. I did enjoy interacting with students.
Enjoyed the experience of sharing my experience.
Faculty - Adjunct (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to help freshman realize the breadth of ccareer possibilities.
Cons: few students seemed to have the discipline to succeed.
A friend's wife suggested that I would make a good teacher so I gave it a try. Found that I enjoyed it very much. Changed career choice for several students.
Great place to be
Administrative Assistant/Student Worker (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAMay 31, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: work study student not a college employee
Though I am just a work study student, working at MCCC has been beneifical to me. I am able to work in an environment that I enjoy and I get along well with all my collegues. I learned how to use new software and how to be in a real business setting.

My coworkers are great and are always willing to help me with things I may not understand

I do not find anything at my job to be difficult. I love the fact that I need to be organized and work in an office setting.
Many great nights
House Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PANovember 20, 2012
Pros: watched free shows
Cons: few hours
My job contained recieving tickets, and getting people to their seats. loved that job. They loved the shows and loved coming back
Excellent technology
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAAugust 9, 2012
Pros: free tutorials which can also have free lunches.
Cons: insecurity of ones job
Montgomery County Community College is an excellent place to work. The technology available for professors to use in many is comparable to other community colleges. Once you are there the support is avaialble. The hardest part of the job of an adjuct is the uncertainty of being assigned to a class each semester. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the transformation that occurs in each learner. Students can grow from being totally dependent on academic advising and counselling to being totally in charge of their educational goals.

Montgomery County Community College Salaries