Montgomery County Community College Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 24, 2017
Clean, quiet environment
Learned how to effectively reach out to students
Diverse workplace
Work with students of all ages, from all different backgrounds
Work with students with disabilities
Pros
friendly
Oh what a time to be alive
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 20, 2017
Management was excellent and the manager would buy cheese steaks for us every Friday for lunch. Easy hours and workplace. Campus is clean and lots of opportunities to advance your career in IT.
Pros
Great management
Cons
No cheese steaks on Mondays.
Student Ambassador, and Peer Mentor
Student Ambassador, and Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 18, 2017
I work at Montgomery College,as a Stundent Ambassdor, and a Peer Mentor. My duties was to ASSIT students. My experiences,was fun, I leaned lots of skills.
Pros
Lots of resources to ASSIT me on my journey
Cons
Don't have any.
Great institution.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Blue BellDecember 20, 2016
Loved working here for the last 35 years. The students are engaging and since they usually work fulltime during the day, they are here to learn and improve themselves,
Productive, professional atmosphere
Receptionist Administrative Support Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 11, 2016
I enjoy my job and workload, fast paced, engaging with the public my favorite thing. Everyone is a team player and willing to help get the tasks/job done to serve the students.
Pros
hours
Cons
part time no benefits
TAACCCT2 Grant Director (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 11, 2016
The College offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, vacation, and flexible medical accounts. The staff is also a plus...plenty of great people to work with.
Pros
Work-life balance
Fun, low stress
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 6, 2016
No room for advancement but reliable and consistent job.

Co-workers were friendly.

Typical day was waiting for people to walk-in and helping them with their specific questions in a given course. Hardest part was patience with unmotivated students.
top heavy, difficult to advance, great benefits and perks
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 28, 2015
a significant amount of recent turnover has cause morale to decrease. Employees are very caring and passionate about what they do. Top heavy environment with considerable amount of micromanaging. An enjoyable aspect of the job is exposure to a broad spectrum of people.
Pros
college-wide events
Cons
top heavy with administrators
Very stressful RN program!
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 16, 2015
Very hard program, lots of questionable behavior made by the professors, great clinical opportunities, and it is worth all the trouble at the end.
Interesting, always learning, busy and variety of assignments
Administrative Assistant in Health Careers (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 12, 2015
My typical day is very busy with a variety of tasks and no two days are ever alike. Multitasking is an important component to my job as I have three programs I support. I am the only administrative assistant in my assigned area however I have a great relationships with my colleagues in other departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is the students I come in contact with and build relationships with over the course of several years. When they move on and are successful, it is very rewarding. My immediate supervisors are all professional and caring individuals and although they each have a different style we have a very cohesive and successful team.
Pros
Educational opportunites, great benefits
Cons
Management turnover in recent months
stimulating and rewarding environment, poor compensation.
Certified Paraprofessional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 20, 2015
Excellent culture, stimulating and rewarding environment. ability to learn.
Poor compensation for employees not covered by collective bargaining agreement.
Data Driven Results Culture
Associate Controller (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 16, 2015
Strong emphasis on data driven results and reports. Focus on student success and access. Financial programs cumbersome and limited; intensive manual reporting - but flexible to accommodate most needs and requests.
Pros
Excellent benefits and retirement plans
Cons
Work life balance not recognized nor encouraged
I learned a lot
Academic Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 1, 2015
I learned a lot at Montgomery County Community College. However, I was an unpaid intern so, after my internship I had to look for other positions since, I needed a full-time paid job.
Learning Enviornment
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 17, 2015
I would come into work; check paper level in printer to see if a refill was necessary, check supplies to see if they needed to be refilled, check email, check to see if professors need anything, write schedule for next day, and do homework if I had any.

I learned how to fix paper jams in the printer/copier

I had great and positive co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the conversations that I would have with the professors.
Pros
Tutoing, GREAT People
Cons
Temporary job
Performance and a fun place to be.
Lively Art Usher (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 6, 2015
My day at work is fun I love it. I get to meet different artist and get to see them perform life on stage. My co-workers are fun to be with and very friendly, the hardest part of my job is trying to get the exact seat of each guest. It is not really hard to figure out because the sits are numbered. I enjoy the part when the performance begins.
Aesthetically Pleasing
Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in a grant funded program for a little under a year. The working environment was aesthetically pleasing and the campus beautifully maintained. While the environment appeared to be great on the surface there are deep rooted issues in the Student Success Center. Most of the counselors and advisors have been at the college for a long time and treated new employees unfairly. Most times I was not even acknowledged by colleagues when saying "good morning" or "hello." The Dean of the department abruptly resigned leaving a counselor to take over his responsibilities.

The program I previously worked in has a huge turnover rate due to mismanagement by the director. I was a part time employee who was essentially held responsible for running the program as well as coordinating services for students. The students in the program were not pleased with the director and how she pushed away the staff that previously worked there. The director refused to meet or see students even though we were short staffed. Also, daily schedules were not consulted with and a lot of things were just dropped in my lap. Staff concerns about the director and lack of leadership were brought to Human Resources with no resolve in place. Many of those in leadership positions throughout the college were also leaving and going to other organizations. There was a huge turnover during the amount of time that I spent employed at the college. Students pursuing 2 year degree programs and certificate programs were averaging 6 years to complete their academic programs. The college needs to really work
  more... on interpersonal relations between staff members and leadership or they will continue to lose valuable employees.  less
Pros
free parking, beautiful grounds, technology
Cons
pay, low staff morale
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great benefits
Productive environment
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is entirely productive and rewarding.

Team work and collaboration adds to the productivity of the environment.

Technological assistance is always at your finger tips.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to watch the students growth and development in the learning environment.

The hardest part of the job is the assurance that the classes will be available every semester.
Pros
Acess to the resources.
Cons
Not having job stability and benefits.
I ask weekly queries based on Entertainment, Pop Culture, Personality, and Interests.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 25, 2014
This is just a hobby in-which I do on Campus. I think of what to ask for that week. There are going to be a few enhancements in Fall 2014. My Producer is the Montco's Associate Director of Media Technology.
Pros
The Amount of Fans
Cons
Rejections, Short Interviews
College Hall Computer Lab
Computer Laboratory Aide (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 9, 2014
MCCC is an exciting fun place to work and there is always something new coming up. Things change daily around here and I must stay on top of the daily situations as they come up. Take care of Printers and computers in the Lower Level Computer Lab. Help Students and Tutors with software and equipment as problems arise. Security, applications, and helping students stay up to date with the newest technologies with all current Pcs in the lab is my job description. Work with the It Help Desk to repair problems that arise. I currently work part time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3