Montgomery County Government

Montgomery County Government Employer Reviews

Productive, intriguing, exciting and extremely fun.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 18, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: individuals not familiar with the union guidelines
fantastic work environment, great 401k excellent insurance plan. concerned about the welfare of the employees.
Maintaining Montgomery County Vehicles.
Mechanic Technician II (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 4, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch and 2x15 min breaks.
Cons: good benefits
Wrote Vehicles Current Repairs- Diagnosed defected components on Montgomery County Transit Vehicles such as Trucks, Buses, Heavy Equipment’s Public Works. Performed Preventive Maintenance Schedule of Due PMA- PMB- PMC- and PMD on Montgomery County Vehicles. Performed different repairs by correcting abnormalities such as Brakes failure, Transmission – more... failure, Electrical malfunction, Heater and Air Conditioning malfunction. Suppressed Fire extinguisher alarms and Electronic devises. Performed Vehicles Road tested after repairs by referring to the County Regulation (Comar). Also worked on different areas such as an Administrative Assistant / Customer Services. Answered and transferred telephones to appropriate staff members. Met and greeted clients and visitors, created and modified documents using Microsoft office, performed clerical duties, photocopied, faxed, mailed and filed documents. Maintained hard copy and electronic filing system. Signed for distribute UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages. Researched, price and purchased office furniture and supplies. Coordinated and maintained records for staff office space, phones, parking, company credit cards and office keys. Collected and maintained PC inventory and supported staff in assigned project based work also provided offices orientation to new employees – less
OK PLACE TO WORK
Employee (Current Employee), daytonFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: government
Best thing about the job is the people, different division however there no career path so once you are in a spot you are stuck.
OK PLACE TO WORK FOR
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Gilead, NCJanuary 13, 2014
COUNTY WAS AN OK PLACE TO WORK FOR HOWEVER THERE WAS NO ROOM TO GROW .COWORKERS WERE SOMETIMES HELPFULL. MANAGEMENT WAS POOR.
Rockville
Internship (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 10, 2014
EMOC (Equipment and Maintenance Operations Center) Project is where I worked in Commissioning phase, checked items on the punch list and provided daily reports for the owner. I also reviewed plans to get familiar with engineering aspects of the project. Focusing on Erosion and Sediment Control Plans of this project, later I was able to succeed in MDE – more... exam and get Erosion and Sediment Control certification. – less
Busy with minor details.
Disability Program Assistant- Office of Finance (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 8, 2014
Software is predated so minor details consume a lot of time.
ODJFS- Montgomery County
JFS SPECIALIST II (Current Employee), OhioNovember 20, 2013
Pros: stressful
Cons: job security
Typical day consists of interviews, phone calls, reports, walk in, as well as processing mail that comes into the agency. Management is there to help along the way at various levels. The co workers are great. The can be a highly stressful job due to the volume of work and the amount of people in need. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those – more... in need. – less
Excellent work place
Community Health Nurse/AERS Clinician (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 8, 2013
Pros: manageable caseload.
Cons: community work
Busy work load but lots of support from supervisors and management.
Montgomery County does not care about it's employees.
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Montgomery, TXOctober 29, 2013
Enjoyed assisting employees with benefits and resolving any problems they may have had. Loved my job duties, but did not enjoy the way the department of county operated.
Good compensation program and benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDOctober 24, 2013
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: no creativity to work.
Government administrative work. Good compensation and benefits package.
The Job was thru a contractor
Principal Administrative Aide (Current Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 3, 2013
I did revenue and kept all the financial records for the cash, credit and checks that came into the office. I did reception work and I did customer service daily with clients as they came into the office. I took care of the facility issues. I kept a Excel spreadsheet and updated financial information daily.
Very rewarding
Long/Short Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: lunch too short
A typical day is resolving conflicts, planning daily activities and implementing and creating lesson plans. The classroom is like a stage, filled with creative presentation, persuasion and teaching.

I feel teaching sets the stage for all other professions. Where else can you encounter all types of personalities, behaviors, cultures, beliefs, strengths,weakness, – more... and learning abilities all in a day and in the same setting.

You learn how to manage all types of behaviors, personalities, physical, emotional and disabilities all in a days work. You also must learn how to breakdown cultural barriers, and the willingness to learn and accept each others differences.

It can be challenging getting and keeping the attention of such a mixed/diverse classroom and to make others accept each others differences, etc.

It's very rewarding, when you put a smile on a kids face, when you wipe away the tears, when you get hugs, when you're told how much they love you, and when they conquer a task. – less
Not managed very well
Trial Court Clerk (Former Employee), Independence, KSAugust 18, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: not much praise or respect from upper management
Very depressing place to work and not very challenging very poor management
Lots of bureaucracy but an overall good work-life balance organization
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 30, 2013
The County makes efforts to treat their employees fairly. For a large organization, they do a pretty decent job. There is always room for improvement. I think that an effort needs to be made on stepping up knowledge transfer activities and making sure that lower level staff are given work that is inspiring and motivating.
I enjoy what I do and love working as part of a team.
Executive Adminstrative Aide (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 22, 2013
There are no two days alike on my job. There is always a new issue to handle every day. With three section managers reporting to the Division Chief, I stay very busy. The most rewarding part of my job is serving my co-workers, providing them with the support that they need in order to serve the residents of the County.
Very Enjoyable place to work
Sergeant North Carolina State Highway Patrol (Former Employee), Troy, NCMay 27, 2013
Pros: working with young troopers
Cons: long hours
Lots of positive people in the county that I worked with. The troopers were very easy to supervise. I learned how to handle different personalities. The hardest part of this job was trying to make sure my subordinates stayed focused on their jobs.
Fun, A lot of interaction with youth.
Youth Leader I (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 17, 2013
While with Juvenile courts I monitored delinquent youth daily. Fed, showered and mentored them. I would teach them morals and values that they were lacking at home. The work environment could be stressful at times due to the possible danger that could occur at any time. I had decent co-workers, but I mostly stayed to myself and did my job.
Very Exciting something different to deal with everyday
Court Clerk (Former Employee), Conroe, TXApril 12, 2013
Pros: owners work with you
Cons: i really don't have anything negative to say
Very nice co-workers, interesting people to deal with day to day.
Interesting...
MC311 Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 5, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime during storm events
Cons: half hour lunch break
My typical day I attend roll call and make sure I'm accounted for that day. Then I log into my data system and make myself available to start taking calls. While in between calls I chat with co-workers in a low tone and check emails for any updates. Management may send updates or maybe emails from our Public Information Office with information. I would – more... say the hardest part of the job is dealing with a difficult customer. Usually I'm able to manage by myself but of course if the answer I provide isn't "what they want to hear" they ask for a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of my day are on staff meetings days because we can interact as a whole and learn and hear new situations that's occurred on the CSC floor. – less
Great place with a friendly environment
GIS Analyst Technician (Former Employee), Rockvillle, MdFebruary 27, 2013
I will miss this contract job due to the people and also the learning experience. The environment was great and my co-workers were great people. The managers were all reasonable but a couple were a little childish and took business a little to personal. Besides that a great place to work in.