Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 27, 2017
Great employer, great location, great staff, great opportunities, great advantages, perfect for career, retirement and the best place I've ever worked
Pros
Employee cafeteria
Cons
Parking
fun and frendly place
RideON Transit (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDMarch 19, 2017
I had fun coming and leaving work.I learned how to manage my time drive to public around town safely. I have worked around all walks of life and people. The hardest part of my job was getting off,the most enjoyable part of my job was getting pass training
Pros
work with great people
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and positive work place
Traffic Technician/Recycling Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 11, 2017
The management has a very open door policy that helps a worker feel at ease when you need to talk. Hardest part of the job was the physical labor outside year round. Enjoyable times were the company parties, having lunch with the boss and the rest of the workers.
Pros
Advancemments with in the company, off on holidays
Good benefitd
Correctional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDMarch 7, 2017
A good place to pursue a career that will lead to a really satisfying retirement. The benefits package is way more than the salary compensation. The communities are diversified with high income individuals
Productive and fun
Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Productive and fun. They teach you what you need to know and good pay good hours good hours good equipment good healthcare good benefits great retirement
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
It's hot in Texas
Simple place
County Planner (Former Employee) –  Troy, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Was a great place to cut my teeth. It is very rural and very simple. The people are friendly and everyone wants to do a good job. It doesn't pay well but if you need experience it will be a good place to start.
Pros
Easy way to learn
Cons
pay
wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative- PIO/MC311 (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Montgomery County Government is a great place to work! Family oriented. Co-workers are wonderful. Supervisors are awesome. I enjoy coming to work. The job itself can be overwhelming at times but the people in the office make a difference
Pros
Supervisors take care of you
Cons
Short breake
Hardworking individuals most of which were volunteers
Field Organizer (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 18, 2017
This was an important learning experience for me as someone who is new in the field of politics. There was always something that had to be done whether it was going door to door or making phone calls.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 19, 2016
Great work environment for those who enjoy staying on a computer and assist with various needs of the public. Filling out service requests to make sure the proper department has work completed.
Operations and Training Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 26, 2016
Challenging but rewarding. Being given the freedom to develop training and plans was acknowledge by the improvement in organizational functionality. Incorporating the civilian volunteer force into a CERT paid dividends during its activation.
Try to railroad good workers who stand up for their rights.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 24, 2016
If you are likable and professional. Job security is still at risk. Management will try and corner you and fire you even though the co-workers and management do the same thing. They will make your life miserable for you, to quit if that fell. They will set you up for failure! Once you are pushed out the neighbor, friend, family member of management will take your spot!!! Even when they aren't qualified they will hold the position place family member in train and support then advertise position. Overlooking individuals with decades of experience.
Pay isn't great... but the people are wonderful
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJuly 7, 2016
I've worked for the county for 6 months as a receptionist.

The pay is pretty pathetic ($12/hour) but the benefits are terrific and they give you so much time off! (10 vacation days, 5 personal days and 1 sick day per month).

They time off and benefits are worth the low pay!
Pros
Benefits & vacation
Cons
Low Pay
You get paid for the work and you get the work for the pay!
Income Assistant Program Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2016
MOCO DHHS, trains you for work at any other Social Services in the country. This organization is located in a very diverse community and has a grand amount of knowledge to assist people of all cultures. One you get what you need here, you are fully equipped for determining eligibility for services like: SNAP, Medical Assistance, ObamaCare, ABD, and Temporary Cash Assistance in any other state.
Pros
Inomce
Cons
You can not live in the same county on the income...
This experience is one that I will cherish. Montgomery County helped me develop and learn proper work ethic in a professional environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 30, 2016
Montgomery County Women's Shelter - Conroe, Texas
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 27, 2016
Ideal employment at the time, using my skills.
Job was on a government grant for a period of time.
I worked directly with the clients processing applications for their housing and assisted the clients in obtaining jobs.
Maintained detailed records for our Funders.
Pros
Ability to work in many departments there as a professional person.
Cons
Grant not renewed.
run
JFS Specialist Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 23, 2016
Unless you truly need a job in government, run. Managers don't often agree with one another and don't back up their employee. Everyone only looks out for what it takes to keep there job with minimum effort. The environment pushes out good employees and rewards complacent ones. The pays is no where near the level of stress and unprofessionalism one has to deal with.
Pros
Goverment benefits
Cons
bad superviors, bad training, lack of knowledge in leadership, constant customer confrentation.
Overall a wonderful place to work!!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 2, 2016
I am typically in and out of the office throughout the day managing my case load. I perform in-person home visits quarterly and reassessments annually and well as manage my case load via the telephone. I am continually linking my consumers with community resources and advocating on there behalf as well as encouraging them to advocate for themselves. I manage consumer's services and make sure that consumer's community needs are met. I have a wealth of knowledge about all aspects that may confront the elderly population and I am eager to assist in any way I can. I have learned about the elderly population and how to more effectively organize my caseload so that I may maximize my ability to be there for my consumers. Management is supportive and available at all times. It can be challenging at time to get an abundance of enrollments in a short period of time but I enjoy getting to know new people and am thankful I am in a career field where I can help people.
Productive and Pleasant workplace
Library Page (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work is productive and no trouble. The Management is efficient and my co-workers are all pleasant people. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours cause being a library page there is a limit of hours we are allowed to have. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere and environment.
Pros
Ride On bus pass
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun place to work
Public Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was relating to the community, I met a lot of life long friends and was trained on a level that far exceeded my own expectations.
Pros
loved the freedom the job provided
Cons
coworkers where not on my level of working with the public
Energectic, great work place, experience
Program Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 27, 2016
Montgomery County Government is a fast paced work place. You learn more than you expect when first hire. The staff and management are fantastic and great to work with. I am relocating due to family and will miss working with management and colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

Montgomery County Government Reviews by Location