Montgomery County Government

Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

learning experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: no cons
Great place to work. Great co-workers! The management was always available when needed. A typical day at the job was fast paced but doable!
Little room for advancement
4-H Coordinator (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 19, 2015
Little room for advancement due to low turnover. Relatively fun job, but there is just no room to move ahead. Steady hours benefits are fine.
Overall Good
Juvenile Probation Officer (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 17, 2015
This company is a decent place to work although the pay structure doesn't match the job requirements or duties performed. Compared to other competitors the pay is below average.
Highly productive board focused on delivering funding services to non-profits
Board member, Deputy Board Chair (Former Employee), Silver Springs, MDJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Ability to make a difference in community
Cons: none
Board consisted of highly committed members of the community, focused on serving the non-profit community and their donor members.
Site visits to non-profits were of significant value in assessing needs and achieved outcomes.
Working with highly capable and committed board and staff made this a great place to work.
Productive and fun work place with great staff
CNA (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Nice facilities and envrionment
Cons: High staff turnover rates, lack of union representation
Great work envrionment that provides opportunities for advancement of skills and education. Very fexible with your work schedule and meeting needs of the individual employee.
this is a good place to do my clinical
camp counselor (Current Employee), cumberland MDJune 2, 2015
this was a great place to do my clinical because I develop a lot of nursing skills through taking care of different patients.
Productive day in Juvenile
Juvenile Supervision Officer (Current Employee), Conroe, TXApril 30, 2015
Juvenile detention is filled with troubled residents who are seeking out for help. As a supervision officer, we are there to help them in their troubling times while they are planning on hearing from the judge of their next move. Typically, it is a minimum of 16 residents in a dorm who are supervised by 2 staff members. We continue to help them with school work and social life while being detained.
A busy work place
911 Telecommunicator (Current Employee), Troy, NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: getting to know people
Cons: night shift
The hardest part of the job is taking the call, trying to calm the caller down and to stay calm. Perfection is everything, peoples life depend on you. You are the first one they call for help. You are also keeping officers,ems,and fire fighters safe.
Great place to work and great people!
Research & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Office of the CEX, Rockville, MDMarch 11, 2015
I worked as a part-time contractor but they treated me like family. I wish I could have stayed but I was driving on average 4 hours a day.
Consumer oriented to provide the most effecient and quality services.
Fiscal Tech II (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Working at the County office for 11 plus years has increased my knowledge of excel and creating spread sheets to provide necessary records for the reconciliation for year end reports.
quick summary
Security Officer (Former Employee), Norristown , PaJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: meeting different types of people
Cons: no room for growth
Overall it was an ok experience is ok for someone looking to make a start in the security field to build their resume for experience . Wouldn't really recommend this job to someone looking to move up or make advancement its not really a position you can grow it but its a good stepping stone for beginners.
Park Ranger Supervisor (Current Employee), Norristown, PADecember 18, 2014
Good place to work and I wouldn't have worked here for this long if I didn't. I enjoy the challenges and responsibility that I have acquired since I have moved up to management. I plan on retiring from this job.
Much flexibility in work schedule
Accountant (Current Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: operations are large enough to provide great experience.
Cons: promotion opportunities are limited.
There is great flexibility in the schedule one wants to work. This may be different for employees working specific shifts such as police, firefighters, correction officers, etc...
Compensation and benefit are average, proportionate to education, experience, and skills. There is a good sense of stability and job security as long as the economy is good (like any other employer). Advancement is limited by the level of operation of the department, and because people in local government tend to stay in their jobs until retirement.
Soccer Coach
Soccer counselor (Former Employee), Olney, MDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: 8-12 am shift was excellent to go tonext job
Cons: no cons
coaching soccer is as passionate or even more passionate as playing it. i loved every moment of it with montgomery county soccer camp. i had awesome time with the management and the working environment was spectacular.
Caring Organization
Executive Assistant Aide (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: na
Great organization to work for. They really care about the clients they serve. The people that work there are helpful and knowledgeable. Great location. Great working hours and conditions.
Job Security
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: beaucracy
Working in a government setting is pretty much standard. Things are set and laid out a particular way and nothing changes.
Job Security
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: beaucracy
Incredible Professional Growth and Experience
Interim Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 16, 2014
Each day I coordinate and carry out logistics for both educational and interactive/physical trainings for MCG employees, communicating with HealthCare vendors (United Health Care, Kaiser, CareFirst), and planning for the 2015 Event calendar.

I am still relatively new at this job, but I have learned how to adapt. Being thrown into a job where there is an immediate need for change and improvement, has forced me to make decisions quickly and to trust my gut. While I do not have the answers to everything, I have no fear or hesitation to ask the questions I need answered and solve the problem. Many – more... people are stalled by indecision and fear of looking silly. This job has forced me to adapt and get done what needs to get done. While this has taught me a lot and resulted in tremendous professional growth, it has probably been the toughest part of the job thus far. But from the difficulties comes growth, right?

The most enjoyable part of the day is dealing with the clients. I love maintaining relationships, making sure people have what they need, figuring out what they are looking for, and getting it done. I love the client management aspect of this job. I have quite a bit of experience in event coordination, but I have always loved the interactions between my company and the clients. Receiving feedback and getting them what they need. – less
The job is a learning opportunity.
Special Education teacher ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Clarksville TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, summers off and holidays
Cons: the salary is not good, there are no opportunities for growth, i miss being able to do what i do best share jesus.
I love working with the children it gives me so much insight on how to minister to adults also. God blesses me to help the children relate to others.
Meaningful Criminal Justice Involvement
Correctional Specialist III - Screener/Pre-Release (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: your work counts
Cons: recidivism
You serve the community, offenders and the courts in in-depth screening for reintegration of criminal offenders into the community.

1 2 3 4