Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

Positive, productive place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 13, 2017
Montgomery County is a solid employer, and I would certainly work for them again if given the opportunity. They are organized, fair and offer competitive pay.
Large Caseloads
JFS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 8, 2017
Set schedule of client interviews with heavy data entry. Co-workers and Management team are knowledgeable and helpful for the most part. The clients are rude and many have a sense of entitlement. Overall stressful job with little sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
Lots of free lunches and employee outings
Cons
Low pay, large caseloads, rude clientele
Great Team Work
Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OH (CAS)August 3, 2017
Do do personal needs I need to leave the company at the time. There was a family emergency that required me to take personal time off and since I was in my probationary period it was not possible for me to deal with the demands of the job, and deal with the death of my younger brother.
Pros
Mandatory overtime shifts arfter working 8 to 12 hours at times
Cons
Team Work, and being able to help young people get their life in order
Fast paced, steady job.
Public Safety Emergency Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 28, 2017
Fast paced 911 center.
Extremely high job security however there is also a big turnover rate.
Excellent pay for the position and education required.
Several increments within first 3 years.
If willing to work overtime, can make far more than base salary.
Get weeks of guaranteed leave. Amount of weeks depends on years in.
Can take additional time off if staffing allows on top of guaranteed leave.
Pros
Paid lunch time. Excellent benefits. Excellent pay. Can get time off if staffing allows.
Cons
High turnover rate. Can be forced to work overtime.
Rewarding and face paced career
Firefighter/ Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJuly 26, 2017
As an 11 year veteran of the Montgomery County, MD Fire and rescue service. I must say that I have certainly choose the best career in the world. Excelent department with plenty of opportunity to advance and promote. Tons of training options and specialized teams to join. Team oriented environment and support system. Tremendous management and support team.
Pros
Career advancement, Vacation time and benefits package
Cons
Stressful situations and physically demanding
Hard-working
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 24, 2017
It's an job that your always conversing with someone and you always have to have back up plans also you have to have sympathy for the customers and to hear their problems
nice place to work
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 21, 2017
The people are nice and welcoming and the job isn't as stressful as you would think for working for Montgomery county, The callers can get a little crazy but it's nothing very serious.
Infants and toddlers Program
Intake Coordinator, Promotion (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 19, 2017
Working with Families who require early intervention. Provide heart to heart listening and communication to hear the need of each family.
Run daily, weekly, monthly reports and maintain records, files and database for intake department.
Go above and Beyond to provide assistance and support with excellent customer services to families with their children.
Conduct community outreach to ensure awareness of program and services to referring providers such as pediatricians, community agencies and other government programs.
Maintains a follow-up system for prospective clients and community partners via follow-up letters and phone calls.
More duties as days goes, each day is different.
Classical Exercise Specialist Advancements.
Exercise Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 16, 2017
There was always a place for growth there and I did find it. All of my managers and supervisors were genuinely great people. They would always come together with you to solve any issue or any problem.
Overall Great experience working there.
Good equipment all tools and supplies needed are supplied for jobs
Traffic Signal Technician level 2 (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 13, 2017
Commissioner keeps a clean facility and nice fleet of vehicles and equipment to work with management fixes issues in facility or among employees quickly very efficiently I'm proud to work for a place that works like a well oiled machine and in my job I have a large variety of tasks which keeps me interested
Pros
Pay and quality of working experience
Cons
Health insurance
All Politics
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 21, 2017
I was let go from my job with the county due to unscheduled absence, when I got a call from my daughters school about her asthma flaring up. To many changes for a big department, all at once.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Sucky Management
Community Service Aide/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work and the benefits are outstanding. Management is great. Some overtime but not much. I learned patience while working with clients.
business procedures were antiquated
Senior Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYJune 9, 2017
i had an opportunity to serve in Public Health with both older people and the health/education for children. The Treasurer's office was very busy and dynamic. Probation was part of the Court system and a very busy with the numerous crime and youth cases.
Pros
never run out of crimes
Cons
very reserved atmosphere
Great Co-Workers
Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 6, 2017
For the most part, we are able to be ourselves. When it's time to get to business, we get the job done, in providing respectful services to the citizens of Montgomery County, MD.
Office of Human Resources is not a great organization to work for
Unvalued Employee (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 5, 2017
OHR does not value its employees. Instead they seek to repeal and replace persons who do hard work. Slackers are rewarded for non-performance. The Deputy Director of Employee & Labor Relations does not value the team members. There is no mutual respect and the organization fosters cronyism.
Entry level
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 12, 2017
This is a great way to get ones feet wet within the criminal justice system. It gives you the required experience that most employers seek to gain employment.
Productive, positive, professional and culturally diverse work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 2, 2017
I am interested in remote part time work as I am retired from my career and do enjoy many activities. However, I am flexible to work daytime, evening hours or weekends.
I have 17+ years experience driven a bus.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 30, 2017
I am a bus operator for 17+ years.good driving skills and a knowledge of defensive driving techniques.
The ability to work with people from a range of backgrounds.
a friendly and courteous manner,knowledge of public order on the bus while performing normal driving duties vary with given assignment,but may include.check the operating condition of the bus before starting on the route.
A great place to work with a lot of variety in job responsibilities
DGS (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 25, 2017
The benefits are outstanding. The work is very challenging. I have a fair amount of autonomy in my job. There is a wide amount of variety in my job responsibilities. My colleagues are very professional. There is a good amount of teamwork.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 27, 2017
Great employer, great location, great staff, great opportunities, great advantages, perfect for career, retirement and the best place I've ever worked
Pros
Employee cafeteria
Cons
Parking