Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

Operations and Training Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 26, 2016
Challenging but rewarding. Being given the freedom to develop training and plans was acknowledge by the improvement in organizational functionality. Incorporating the civilian volunteer force into a CERT paid dividends during its activation.
Try to railroad good workers who stand up for their rights.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 24, 2016
If you are likable and professional. Job security is still at risk. Management will try and corner you and fire you even though the co-workers and management do the same thing. They will make your life miserable for you, to quit if that fell. They will set you up for failure! Once you are pushed out the neighbor, friend, family member of management will take your spot!!! Even when they aren't qualified they will hold the position place family member in train and support then advertise position. Overlooking individuals with decades of experience.
Pay isn't great... but the people are wonderful
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJuly 7, 2016
I've worked for the county for 6 months as a receptionist.

The pay is pretty pathetic ($12/hour) but the benefits are terrific and they give you so much time off! (10 vacation days, 5 personal days and 1 sick day per month).

They time off and benefits are worth the low pay!
Pros
Benefits & vacation
Cons
Low Pay
You get paid for the work and you get the work for the pay!
Income Assistant Program Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2016
MOCO DHHS, trains you for work at any other Social Services in the country. This organization is located in a very diverse community and has a grand amount of knowledge to assist people of all cultures. One you get what you need here, you are fully equipped for determining eligibility for services like: SNAP, Medical Assistance, ObamaCare, ABD, and Temporary Cash Assistance in any other state.
Pros
Inomce
Cons
You can not live in the same county on the income...
This experience is one that I will cherish. Montgomery County helped me develop and learn proper work ethic in a professional environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 30, 2016
Montgomery County Women's Shelter - Conroe, Texas
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 27, 2016
Ideal employment at the time, using my skills.
Job was on a government grant for a period of time.
I worked directly with the clients processing applications for their housing and assisted the clients in obtaining jobs.
Maintained detailed records for our Funders.
Pros
Ability to work in many departments there as a professional person.
Cons
Grant not renewed.
run
JFS Specialist Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 23, 2016
Unless you truly need a job in government, run. Managers don't often agree with one another and don't back up their employee. Everyone only looks out for what it takes to keep there job with minimum effort. The environment pushes out good employees and rewards complacent ones. The pays is no where near the level of stress and unprofessionalism one has to deal with.
Pros
Goverment benefits
Cons
bad superviors, bad training, lack of knowledge in leadership, constant customer confrentation.
Overall a wonderful place to work!!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 2, 2016
I am typically in and out of the office throughout the day managing my case load. I perform in-person home visits quarterly and reassessments annually and well as manage my case load via the telephone. I am continually linking my consumers with community resources and advocating on there behalf as well as encouraging them to advocate for themselves. I manage consumer's services and make sure that consumer's community needs are met. I have a wealth of knowledge about all aspects that may confront the elderly population and I am eager to assist in any way I can. I have learned about the elderly population and how to more effectively organize my caseload so that I may maximize my ability to be there for my consumers. Management is supportive and available at all times. It can be challenging at time to get an abundance of enrollments in a short period of time but I enjoy getting to know new people and am thankful I am in a career field where I can help people.
Productive and Pleasant workplace
Library Page (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work is productive and no trouble. The Management is efficient and my co-workers are all pleasant people. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours cause being a library page there is a limit of hours we are allowed to have. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly atmosphere and environment.
Pros
Ride On bus pass
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun place to work
Public Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was relating to the community, I met a lot of life long friends and was trained on a level that far exceeded my own expectations.
Pros
loved the freedom the job provided
Cons
coworkers where not on my level of working with the public

Want to know more about Montgomery County Government?

Ask a question
Energectic, great work place, experience
Program Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 27, 2016
Montgomery County Government is a fast paced work place. You learn more than you expect when first hire. The staff and management are fantastic and great to work with. I am relocating due to family and will miss working with management and colleagues.
Typical jail setting
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 26, 2016
the main thing to remember before joining the sheriff's department is the people who love and care for one another and come to work every day to protect one another.
fun work place
bus operator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 21, 2016
this was a great place to work for the people are also great and vibrant. love the time i spend at work it feels like a sport.
Fun Place To Work
Center and Youth Program Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 17, 2016
I love working with the kids and doing a lot of different thing or activities, the front desk is productive but pretty chill. The customers that come in are know us on first name basis as we do with them.
Fun workplace
Juvenile Probation Officer Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I have learned a lot of my internship. Now, I am able to do initial interview, home visits, school visits, and write reports. All the probation officer in my unit are super nice and passionate about their work. It has been a wonderful experience, I love it.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
N/A
Enjoyed working with the public providing public health care to the citizens of southeast Kansas and surrounding areas
RN (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSDecember 29, 2015
Providing immunization to infants thru adults mainly. Maintaining vaccines for proper compliance with state regulations. Assisting co-workers as needed
Operator superviser disconnect
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 22, 2015
I have been an operator for five years and in the those years i have had some good times but the last two years it has been challange with superviser and safety supervisers the buses we currently have are so outdated the safety of these buses are questionable they what the operators to use outdated buses to transport passangers
Productive Departments
Clerk I, Clerk II, III, Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 12, 2015
Work independently. Flexible work schedule. Everyone works together to get the job done. Cross Training. Consistency. Good client communications.
Pros
Working with various departments
Cons
Parking not too accessible
Typical County Government facility and servicing of the public.
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 1, 2015
Customer Service is always a key factor and a must in working for and with the public and servicing them. Good environment.
Gov't employees have job security
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 25, 2015
I find that the employees run the department and not management. Management doesn't seem overly concerned about non-productive employees. The hardest part of the job is being a productive and efficient worker and watching others not being counseled on their lack of productivity.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Lack of professionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

Montgomery County Government Reviews by Location