Montgomery County Government

Montgomery County Government Employer Reviews

Park Ranger Supervisor (Current Employee), Norristown, PADecember 18, 2014
Good place to work and I wouldn't have worked here for this long if I didn't. I enjoy the challenges and responsibility that I have acquired since I have moved up to management. I plan on retiring from this job.
Much flexibility in work schedule
Accountant (Current Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: operations are large enough to provide great experience.
Cons: promotion opportunities are limited.
There is great flexibility in the schedule one wants to work. This may be different for employees working specific shifts such as police, firefighters, correction officers, etc...
Compensation and benefit are average, proportionate to education, experience, and skills. There is a good sense of stability and job security as long as the economy is good – more... (like any other employer). Advancement is limited by the level of operation of the department, and because people in local government tend to stay in their jobs until retirement. – less
Soccer Coach
Soccer counselor (Former Employee), Olney, MDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: 8-12 am shift was excellent to go tonext job
Cons: no cons
coaching soccer is as passionate or even more passionate as playing it. i loved every moment of it with montgomery county soccer camp. i had awesome time with the management and the working environment was spectacular.
Caring Organization
Executive Assistant Aide (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: na
Great organization to work for. They really care about the clients they serve. The people that work there are helpful and knowledgeable. Great location. Great working hours and conditions.
Job Security
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: beaucracy
Working in a government setting is pretty much standard. Things are set and laid out a particular way and nothing changes.
Job Security
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: beaucracy
Incredible Professional Growth and Experience
Interim Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 16, 2014
Each day I coordinate and carry out logistics for both educational and interactive/physical trainings for MCG employees, communicating with HealthCare vendors (United Health Care, Kaiser, CareFirst), and planning for the 2015 Event calendar.

I am still relatively new at this job, but I have learned how to adapt. Being thrown into a job where there – more... is an immediate need for change and improvement, has forced me to make decisions quickly and to trust my gut. While I do not have the answers to everything, I have no fear or hesitation to ask the questions I need answered and solve the problem. Many people are stalled by indecision and fear of looking silly. This job has forced me to adapt and get done what needs to get done. While this has taught me a lot and resulted in tremendous professional growth, it has probably been the toughest part of the job thus far. But from the difficulties comes growth, right?

The most enjoyable part of the day is dealing with the clients. I love maintaining relationships, making sure people have what they need, figuring out what they are looking for, and getting it done. I love the client management aspect of this job. I have quite a bit of experience in event coordination, but I have always loved the interactions between my company and the clients. Receiving feedback and getting them what they need. – less
The job is a learning opportunity.
Special Education teacher ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Clarksville TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, summers off and holidays
Cons: the salary is not good, there are no opportunities for growth, i miss being able to do what i do best share jesus.
I love working with the children it gives me so much insight on how to minister to adults also. God blesses me to help the children relate to others.
Meaningful Criminal Justice Involvement
Correctional Specialist III - Screener/Pre-Release (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: your work counts
Cons: recidivism
You serve the community, offenders and the courts in in-depth screening for reintegration of criminal offenders into the community.
Improved work environment but very draining.
Secure Detention Counselor (Current Employee), Norristown, PASeptember 11, 2014
I work at the youth center and it has become a more work friendly environment. No chance for advancement. The job can be draining working long hours, weekends, and holidays.
Fine stable workplace. Good coworkers
Programs Coordinator (Current Employee), Norristown, PAAugust 25, 2014
Job security. Good hours. Bad location. Pay for benefits. Low Salaries
Fun workplace
Juvenile Tobacco Enforcement Agent (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 14, 2014
Very fun workplace
Catching individuals that did not abide the rules regarding selling tobacco products to minor.
File Clerk
Summer Counselor (Former Employee), Burtonsville, MDAugust 6, 2014
It is a good place to work people are nice, and the job was easy.
Professional Environment
Income Supports Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 5, 2014
Working for the Montgomery County Government was very laid back and quiet. The culture depends on the unit you work in.
Love helping good people and putting away bad guys
Police/EMS/Fire Dispatcher (Current Employee), Lower Providence, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: short work week, lots of overtime, job security
Cons: no raises in years, short breaks, very stressful
If you like non stop action and days of boredom, then being a dispatcher is for you. I work 12 hour days from two days one week and then five days the next. I have learned not only to multi-task but to handle three sometimes even five things at once without getting anybody killed. As far as management goes, you need to be on location for five years. – more... I have this, however, my bosses have been working here for over 20 years. I love my co-workers! We spend more time here than with our own families. Not everyone gets a long but work place does. The most enjoyable part of my day is saving a life, it doesn't matter if its a good guy or bad guy. Knowing that they can live another day is all that matters. – less
Great Place to work for the summer
Summer Camp Director (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 8, 2014
A great place to work for the summer. I have learned a lot this summer, from the trainings, management, and the counselors. The camp is based at a school within Montgomery County, which some times had made it difficult, but making friends within the school has helped out a lot!
workplace
Tourism Assistant (Current Employee), christiansburg vaJune 17, 2014
Great job with excellent management, flexible hours and pay.
US Government Security Position
Warrant Officer (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDMay 28, 2014
Project Officer (classified). I cannot provide any additional information.
Mission Driven environment offering great services to all people in need
Non-Profit Board Member & Board Secretary (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDMay 22, 2014
Pros: extremely supportive environement that gives a sense of purpose.
Cons: mum deserves a bigger office.
Great place to work, especially for those employees who are seeking a way to give back.
Productive, intriguing, exciting and extremely fun.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 18, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: individuals not familiar with the union guidelines
fantastic work environment, great 401k excellent insurance plan. concerned about the welfare of the employees.

1 2 3