Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

All Politics
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 21, 2017
I was let go from my job with the county due to unscheduled absence, when I got a call from my daughters school about her asthma flaring up. To many changes for a big department, all at once.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Sucky Management
Community Service Aide/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work and the benefits are outstanding. Management is great. Some overtime but not much. I learned patience while working with clients.
business procedures were antiquated
Senior Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fonda, NYJune 9, 2017
i had an opportunity to serve in Public Health with both older people and the health/education for children. The Treasurer's office was very busy and dynamic. Probation was part of the Court system and a very busy with the numerous crime and youth cases.
Pros
never run out of crimes
Cons
very reserved atmosphere
Great Co-Workers
Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 6, 2017
For the most part, we are able to be ourselves. When it's time to get to business, we get the job done, in providing respectful services to the citizens of Montgomery County, MD.
Office of Human Resources is not a great organization to work for
Unvalued Employee (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 5, 2017
OHR does not value its employees. Instead they seek to repeal and replace persons who do hard work. Slackers are rewarded for non-performance. The Deputy Director of Employee & Labor Relations does not value the team members. There is no mutual respect and the organization fosters cronyism.
Entry level
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 12, 2017
This is a great way to get ones feet wet within the criminal justice system. It gives you the required experience that most employers seek to gain employment.
Productive, positive, professional and culturally diverse work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 2, 2017
I am interested in remote part time work as I am retired from my career and do enjoy many activities. However, I am flexible to work daytime, evening hours or weekends.
I have 17+ years experience driven a bus.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 30, 2017
I am a bus operator for 17+ years.good driving skills and a knowledge of defensive driving techniques.
The ability to work with people from a range of backgrounds.
a friendly and courteous manner,knowledge of public order on the bus while performing normal driving duties vary with given assignment,but may include.check the operating condition of the bus before starting on the route.
A great place to work with a lot of variety in job responsibilities
DGS (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 25, 2017
The benefits are outstanding. The work is very challenging. I have a fair amount of autonomy in my job. There is a wide amount of variety in my job responsibilities. My colleagues are very professional. There is a good amount of teamwork.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 27, 2017
Great employer, great location, great staff, great opportunities, great advantages, perfect for career, retirement and the best place I've ever worked
Pros
Employee cafeteria
Cons
Parking

Want to know more about Montgomery County Government?

Ask a question
fun and frendly place
RideON Transit (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDMarch 19, 2017
I had fun coming and leaving work.I learned how to manage my time drive to public around town safely. I have worked around all walks of life and people. The hardest part of my job was getting off,the most enjoyable part of my job was getting pass training
Pros
work with great people
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and positive work place
Traffic Technician/Recycling Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 11, 2017
The management has a very open door policy that helps a worker feel at ease when you need to talk. Hardest part of the job was the physical labor outside year round. Enjoyable times were the company parties, having lunch with the boss and the rest of the workers.
Pros
Advancemments with in the company, off on holidays
Good benefitd
Correctional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDMarch 7, 2017
A good place to pursue a career that will lead to a really satisfying retirement. The benefits package is way more than the salary compensation. The communities are diversified with high income individuals
Productive and fun
Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Productive and fun. They teach you what you need to know and good pay good hours good hours good equipment good healthcare good benefits great retirement
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
It's hot in Texas
Simple place
County Planner (Former Employee) –  Troy, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Was a great place to cut my teeth. It is very rural and very simple. The people are friendly and everyone wants to do a good job. It doesn't pay well but if you need experience it will be a good place to start.
Pros
Easy way to learn
Cons
pay
wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative- PIO/MC311 (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Montgomery County Government is a great place to work! Family oriented. Co-workers are wonderful. Supervisors are awesome. I enjoy coming to work. The job itself can be overwhelming at times but the people in the office make a difference
Pros
Supervisors take care of you
Cons
Short breake
Hardworking individuals most of which were volunteers
Field Organizer (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 18, 2017
This was an important learning experience for me as someone who is new in the field of politics. There was always something that had to be done whether it was going door to door or making phone calls.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 19, 2016
Great work environment for those who enjoy staying on a computer and assist with various needs of the public. Filling out service requests to make sure the proper department has work completed.
Operations and Training Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 26, 2016
Challenging but rewarding. Being given the freedom to develop training and plans was acknowledge by the improvement in organizational functionality. Incorporating the civilian volunteer force into a CERT paid dividends during its activation.
Try to railroad good workers who stand up for their rights.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 24, 2016
If you are likable and professional. Job security is still at risk. Management will try and corner you and fire you even though the co-workers and management do the same thing. They will make your life miserable for you, to quit if that fell. They will set you up for failure! Once you are pushed out the neighbor, friend, family member of management will take your spot!!! Even when they aren't qualified they will hold the position place family member in train and support then advertise position. Overlooking individuals with decades of experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

Montgomery County Government Reviews by Location