Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

good
Judicial Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 12, 2017
Good environment, supervisor excellent. Learned a lot and learned from others. Challenging and met a lot of good people. Every day was something new. Shifts were ok.
Great place.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work. The people, coworkers, management are all extremely helpful and assistive. There are many opportunities for advancement pending qualifications. Great place.
Poor Management
Web & New Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Montgomery Park - Poor upper management.

Continuous changes in Marketing department direction. Did not appear to value employees.

Lack of structure and clear direction resulted in a stressful environment and several good employees leaving the organization.
Great planning office...
Community Planner (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Great local planners. Lot of new things to be involved. Excellent team work. Very busy work loads. You can apply planning knowledge into practice. Very active communities.
Pros
Excellent work.
Cons
As a contract employee, no benefits.
Details/data important, Legal documents
Deputy Clerk/Supervisor - Child Support (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Customer Service and attention to details is important. Processing required court documents in a fast an accurate manner required. Ability to adapt a plus. Training provided for the different departments within the District Clerk Office.
it was ok to work for
StorekeeperII (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2017
I had to many bosses for my job they just would not let me do my job. because the job I did there I did it in the army and they always had people in charge that did not know what I was doing.
Pros
it ahd benfits
Cons
It had to manny bosses
Fun place to work and meet different people!
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 28, 2017
Enjoyed working there, however I had hardly anytime to be "mom"... However, the benefits of being employed with the county is awesome!! The split shift I found to be draining me and made my day seem longer!
Pros
Free bus rides, awesome benefits package, room for advancememt
Cons
Zero tolerance attendance policy, may have to work all weekends and holidays, also subject to a "split shift"...
Community Center very diverse
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 17, 2017
Working in the Montgomery County Department of Recreation is super exciting... you will always be doing something different. You could work with kids, youth, or seniors and always have a great time.
Positive, productive place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 13, 2017
Montgomery County is a solid employer, and I would certainly work for them again if given the opportunity. They are organized, fair and offer competitive pay.
Large Caseloads
JFS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 8, 2017
Set schedule of client interviews with heavy data entry. Co-workers and Management team are knowledgeable and helpful for the most part. The clients are rude and many have a sense of entitlement. Overall stressful job with little sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
Lots of free lunches and employee outings
Cons
Low pay, large caseloads, rude clientele
Great Team Work
Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OH (CAS)August 3, 2017
Do do personal needs I need to leave the company at the time. There was a family emergency that required me to take personal time off and since I was in my probationary period it was not possible for me to deal with the demands of the job, and deal with the death of my younger brother.
Pros
Mandatory overtime shifts arfter working 8 to 12 hours at times
Cons
Team Work, and being able to help young people get their life in order
Fast paced, steady job.
Public Safety Emergency Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 28, 2017
Fast paced 911 center.
Extremely high job security however there is also a big turnover rate.
Excellent pay for the position and education required.
Several increments within first 3 years.
If willing to work overtime, can make far more than base salary.
Get weeks of guaranteed leave. Amount of weeks depends on years in.
Can take additional time off if staffing allows on top of guaranteed leave.
Pros
Paid lunch time. Excellent benefits. Excellent pay. Can get time off if staffing allows.
Cons
High turnover rate. Can be forced to work overtime.
Rewarding and face paced career
Firefighter/ Rescuer (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJuly 26, 2017
As an 11 year veteran of the Montgomery County, MD Fire and rescue service. I must say that I have certainly choose the best career in the world. Excelent department with plenty of opportunity to advance and promote. Tons of training options and specialized teams to join. Team oriented environment and support system. Tremendous management and support team.
Pros
Career advancement, Vacation time and benefits package
Cons
Stressful situations and physically demanding
Hard-working
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 24, 2017
It's an job that your always conversing with someone and you always have to have back up plans also you have to have sympathy for the customers and to hear their problems
nice place to work
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 21, 2017
The people are nice and welcoming and the job isn't as stressful as you would think for working for Montgomery county, The callers can get a little crazy but it's nothing very serious.
Infants and toddlers Program
Intake Coordinator, Promotion (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 19, 2017
Working with Families who require early intervention. Provide heart to heart listening and communication to hear the need of each family.
Run daily, weekly, monthly reports and maintain records, files and database for intake department.
Go above and Beyond to provide assistance and support with excellent customer services to families with their children.
Conduct community outreach to ensure awareness of program and services to referring providers such as pediatricians, community agencies and other government programs.
Maintains a follow-up system for prospective clients and community partners via follow-up letters and phone calls.
More duties as days goes, each day is different.
Classical Exercise Specialist Advancements.
Exercise Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 16, 2017
There was always a place for growth there and I did find it. All of my managers and supervisors were genuinely great people. They would always come together with you to solve any issue or any problem.
Overall Great experience working there.
Good equipment all tools and supplies needed are supplied for jobs
Traffic Signal Technician level 2 (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 13, 2017
Commissioner keeps a clean facility and nice fleet of vehicles and equipment to work with management fixes issues in facility or among employees quickly very efficiently I'm proud to work for a place that works like a well oiled machine and in my job I have a large variety of tasks which keeps me interested
Pros
Pay and quality of working experience
Cons
Health insurance
All Politics
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 21, 2017
I was let go from my job with the county due to unscheduled absence, when I got a call from my daughters school about her asthma flaring up. To many changes for a big department, all at once.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Sucky Management
Community Service Aide/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work and the benefits are outstanding. Management is great. Some overtime but not much. I learned patience while working with clients.