Montgomery General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice Place to work
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDMay 20, 2016
I learned a lot at this hospital. Mostly how to communicate better with staff, and family members. How to Anwser phones, EKGs, How to Monitor Patients Remotes for their Heart.
nice place to work
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  onley,mdApril 4, 2016
I like my laboratory family (co-workers), we work together as a team
secure environment to work and good benefits.Ability to learn new things everyday
great organization
Marketing communication Consultant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDMarch 19, 2016
I am a intern or volunteer so I don't get pay but I like it great place to work.I really like the department I'm at and how nice everyone is.
Pros
nice coworkers, getting experience
Cons
getting pay
very good place to work, recommend to anyone
Office Manager/LPN (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, WVMarch 17, 2016
very busy and interesting, enjoy working with the staff and public, we are here for the people. the hardest part of the job would be sometimes dealing with the public.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not any, very good place to work
Fast paced family environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDMarch 7, 2016
It's a busy place to work especially in the case management department. Co-workers are polite and very helpful. Department manager is always available to help. Flexibility in working hours.
Pros
Free parking, nice people, not much commute/traffic.
Cons
Not many opportunities for the advancement.
fast and on your feet work
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDNovember 24, 2015
You had to be very attentive to what you were doing, to ensure you didn't mess up a patients order. it was very fast paced and i liked it a lot.
Pros
free food
Cons
mistakes were detrimental to the overall workflow.
Fun work envioroment
Phlebotomist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDNovember 24, 2015
Great community hospital. Work life Balance.
Management very helpful.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Pathologist willing to teach.
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, WVOctober 13, 2015
Draw up lab specimens and ready them for testing. Mail and fax all lab results to the ordering physician. Send out and track all specimens that are sent out to other labs. The best part of the job was working along side my colleagues and learning from them. Unfortunately, there is no chance for advancement with this company.
Pros
The clients and my colleagues are the best part of this job.
Cons
No chance for advancement.
Montgomery General Hospital is a small hospital with a big heart!!
Lead Mammographer/Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVOctober 8, 2015
A great place to work, it has a small town feel with true sincerity to service the community!! The patients are truly treated with the upmost care.
Productive learning experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVJuly 20, 2015
Everyone at MGH was very helpful. They made you feel like a real employee, even though I was an intern. The patients were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
A good learning experience
Cons
Had to move on
Great team of commited professionals.
Administrative Assistant II, Diabetes Center (Former Employee) –  Olney, MarylandJuly 12, 2015
Learned a tremendous amount about Diabetes. Co-workers were among the best I've ever worked with. Hardest part of job was witnessing complications that arose from under-managed diabetes. Most enjoyable part of job seeing successful diabetes self management and working at health fairs.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
High insurance premiums
Loved the people I worked with and doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVJune 19, 2015
The hospital was changing hands and no one knew what was going on and no advancement at the time. Environment became hard to work in because of management.
Awesome hospital. Staff was fabulous. Organized, clean, caring.
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDJune 3, 2015
Daily report was thorough and included all members of the care team. I supported nursing staff with direct bedside patient care. Technical skills, spiritual support, teamwork. All skills I learned at MGH. Management was accessible and great at communication. Co-workers were the best. Professionally and personally. Losing patients, most difficult and most rewarding at the same time. Helping a family successfully in that situation is very rewarding.
Pros
Teamwork.
Wonderful place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDApril 1, 2015
Wonderful place! I loved working for the place and think the best work experience I had as a pharmacy technician. I learned a great deal and it was a positive experience.
Productive fast paced enviroment.
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, WVMarch 12, 2015
My days are always on the go and fast paced in order to maintain a certain time schedule. I've learned about what different patient diets consist of. My co-workers are amazing and very team oriented. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping to care for our patients and residents.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedules
It was fun to work with team member. We worked very well together.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work was again making a timeline of my job duties for that day. After I completed them then I was able to go to my supervisor and she was able to teach me new things about the Radiology department. I learned how to be very efficient in my job because sometimes people's lives were at stake. I respected the management. They are very hands on and taught us a lot. My co-workers were fun and we all got along and worked at a team. The hardest part was when a patient died or was seriously injured and there was nothing that could have been done. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
there was lots of down times. we did receive discounts at the cafeteria.
Cons
it was just a part time position so no benefits.
Nice Place
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDDecember 3, 2014
Very great team work. Every tech does receive, process and run specimen tests unlike other big labs. A tech pretty much does everything once the specimen arrived in the lab while performing maintenance, calibration and QC to each testing analyzers.
Multi tasking is very crucial. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get chance to know that you have contributed in pinpointing ailments that can be cured by medical intervention.
Pros
be able to work as a generalist.
Cons
unable to see variety of complex tests which are send out tests where as in hopkins we perform them.
Very popular hospital
Bill Audit Representative II (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDOctober 1, 2014
Unforunately they couldnt pay there employees really liked there lunch room and all the training that they give you
Pros
busy
Cons
not a good place to work for
productive
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDJuly 14, 2014
I really loved it I learned about different thing in the health field that I never knew of and everyone was helpful
Fun Place to work
Electrician Lead (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time working for this Hospital. People were a joy to work with and looked forward to coming to work everyday..
Pros
free coffee

4.2