Montgomery General Hospital

Montgomery General Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Productive fast paced enviroment.
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, WVMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexible schedules
My days are always on the go and fast paced in order to maintain a certain time schedule. I've learned about what different patient diets consist of. My co-workers are amazing and very team oriented. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping to care for our patients and residents.
It was fun to work with team member. We worked very well together.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Olney, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: there was lots of down times. we did receive discounts at the cafeteria.
Cons: it was just a part time position so no benefits.
A typical day at work was again making a timeline of my job duties for that day. After I completed them then I was able to go to my supervisor and she was able to teach me new things about the Radiology department. I learned how to be very efficient in my job because sometimes people's lives were at stake. I respected the management. They are very hands on and taught us a lot. My co-workers were fun and we all got along and worked at a team. The hardest part was when a patient died or was seriously injured and there was nothing that could have been done. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Nice Place
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee), Olney, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: be able to work as a generalist.
Cons: unable to see variety of complex tests which are send out tests where as in hopkins we perform them.
Very great team work. Every tech does receive, process and run specimen tests unlike other big labs. A tech pretty much does everything once the specimen arrived in the lab while performing maintenance, calibration and QC to each testing analyzers.
Multi tasking is very crucial. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get chance to know that you have contributed in pinpointing ailments that can be cured by medical intervention.
VERY POPULAR HOSPITAL
Bill Audit Representative II (Former Employee), Olney, MDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: not a good place to work for
UNFORUNATELY THEY COULDNT PAY THERE EMPLOYEES REALLY LIKED THERE LUNCH ROOM AND ALL THE TRAINING THAT THEY GIVE YOU
productive
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Olney, MDJuly 14, 2014
I really loved it I learned about different thing in the health field that I never knew of and everyone was helpful
Fun Place to work
Electrician Lead (Former Employee), Olney, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee
I enjoyed my time working for this Hospital. People were a joy to work with and looked forward to coming to work everyday..
Really enjoy the place
MEDICAL RECORD CLERK, INTERN (Former Employee), Olney, MDFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: cannot tell -did not last long - internship
Cons: company has few openings
Managers and supervisors very open and help a great deal in one learning process.
easy-going and fun
Switchboard Operator/Emergency Department Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, WVJanuary 14, 2014
Co-workers are amazing and create a good work environment.
Learned how to use Meditech.
Hardest part of the job is the ever changing work schedule.
Wonderful work environment
Application Developer (Former Employee), Olney, MDJuly 22, 2013
Excellent team environment. IT department was fully supported by management and maintained current technology trends.
place where I made life long friends
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Olney, MDMarch 12, 2013
Pros: free meals for employees on holidays like christmas
Cons: sometimes hours extended longer than an 8 hour day, may be expected with hospital work
My experience with Montgomery General Hospital was overall pleasant. I had the opportunity to job share with another young mother at a time when I really needed to split my time between work and home.

I had the opportunity to train students and watch them grow to be coworkers.

During the sad times, during 9/11/01 and other times that would affect staff and/or patients, I feel my department would pull together not only as a team, but as a family.
Typical Day at Montgomery General Hospital
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Montgomery, WVDecember 30, 2012
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: manager
My typical day at work was getting all the charts together for the whole day and being around the patients. i was an intern from Everest when i was at Montgomery General so i learned alot of things there. i really enjoyed working with my co-workers they was really helpful in showing me different things i needed to do. the hardest part of the day was (im sorry)dealing with the manager she made me really uncomfortable. the most enjoyable part of the job was being around the patients they really enjoyed me being there and i really enjoyed being around them as well
workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), olney,marylandAugust 31, 2012
I love working with patients. I enter all paperwork. and I answer phones.enter all insurance information,i enjoy working with my co-workers.
productive workplace
Nursing Technician / Transporter (Former Employee), Olney, MDAugust 27, 2012
Pros: great hours and great stafff
Cons: laid off
I enjoyed working here great patient and staff. Did work at my own pace and could study for school as well.
Review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 3, 2012
Pros: good diversity environment
Well people are ok to work with and they have also a good benefits and very competitive
Home health care that kept me on the road on a daily basis
Certified Nursing Assistant(CNA) (Current Employee), Olney, MDJune 6, 2012
Pros: getting an unexpected break from the usual
Cons: being vunerable to diseases
Presently, a typical day consists of visiting homes of my clients for 2-3 hours daily attending to their needs. I have learned how to deal with people on an individual level according to their needs and to manage my time wisely and efficiently. I have always gotten along with my coworkers when I worked in an office setting; but in my present job, there is not as much interaction between me and my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is being on the road constantly, sometimes going places that I have no idea where they are. I think the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people of various backgrounds and culture and learning from them.
Enjoyed the staff and Providers that I worked with.
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, WVApril 30, 2012
Pros: the learning experience i received, working with the specialist (doctors).
Cons: no respected from management .
Working with a different provider everyday was very challenging,but I enjoyed it. I have respect for each and everyone of them. I worked with some of the best doctors in that area. I learned a lot from each one of them. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients, to whom I miss the most.
It was fun and productive
Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee), Leisure World Silver spring md. in medical centerMarch 15, 2012
Pros: fun to work
Cons: never called unless i'm sick
I gained much in this company. My supervisor was great and no favoritism.
Wonderful work place
LPN (Former Employee), 2nd floorMarch 1, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: your shift may rotate.
The employees are very helpful and respectful. Best place I ever worked. Very clean envirmonment.

About Montgomery General Hospital

Whether you'reĀ seeing stars or are just plain sickly, MedStar Health can cater to you. The not-for-profit organization runsĀ 10 – Read more