Montgomery Place Employee Reviews

Love the residents but upper management leaves a lot to be desired
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
Diverse group of residents that are both interesting and charming. The management is not supportive of the operations staff and do not value opinions.
Pros
Free lunch, lakefront location
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
Terrible place to work. Very unorganized lazy management. Rules change based on each individual.
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Management is unprofessional and unorganized. People are treated unfairly by management. Residents are very rude. You don't get anywhere working here. Everyone in each department make the same pay. You only get 10 cent raises once a year. The place is a joke.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
No advancement
Clean
CNA (Former Employee) –  Small working environmentJanuary 4, 2017
Very high-class playing high standard of work quality very pristine. Small working environment and gave me the opportunity to get to know my residence on a more personal level love working here great for a young CNA that is new in the field. Great management staff
Pros
Small working environment
Cons
Small working environment
you can never do enough for them
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSSeptember 23, 2016
typical days was filled with accomplishment in helping the elderly, I learned that some people that work in nursing homes shouldn't be hired for that work AT ALL, management is a joke, I worked with 3 co workers that was really good with the care of the elderly and fellow workers. the other co workers that I got stuck with were inconsiderate and disrespectful of the elderly and of fellow workers, the hardest part of the job was working with the disrespectful and inconsiderate aides, most enjoyable part of the job is being with the old folks
Pros
Helping and spending time with the old folks
Cons
the not very good aides that management would hire that i got stuck working with
montgomery place
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
it was okay. i'm leaving this job to find a better one, i love being a chef. i love to cook and make people happy. co workers were great.
Pros
residents are great
Cons
lack of organization and communication
Unproductive workplace
Maintenance Technician/Grounds (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2015
Montgomery place is NOT the place you want to work if your are trying to further your career. This is a dead end job with no job security. They change rules based on the person. They have a real lack of communication, and management makes decisions based on "He say/She say" or how they "feel". This place is not loyal to ANYONE. They work you hard and pay you "peanuts". Management plays pool while they constantly gives you orders.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
dead end job, lack of communication, poor management
Nice people to work with but management is horrible
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Not enough hours given. Typical work day is fast paced running around. I love the satisfaction of serving the elderly but it can be difficult dealing with their attitudes.
Productive and Welcoming Work Place
Waitress/Hostess/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago,IllinoisMarch 9, 2015
A day of work at Montgomery Place Retirement Home is very warm and welcoming. The environment is very friendly and safe. Working at Montgomery Place, I've learned that there is a sense of urgency in all matters related to customers, and to respond to them, as well as be driven by them. As often as the Management team has changed within my department at Montgomery Place, I've learned tto adjust to the changes and follow all new rules being given. Fellow co workers are very fun and out going at Montgomery Place. We've all been in situations that we've come to realize that "Team work, makes a dream work". The most difficult part of my job is seeing customers unhappy. While the most enjoyable part is when customers are happily satisfied, and our team is who've made it possible.
Pros
Special Bonuses
Cons
Changes in Management Teams
Good
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  chicagoNovember 3, 2014
Good location and great learning experience with an awesome staff
Comfortable Envionmment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Well balance place but can use some improvements
Residents are great to work with
No good benefits are really provided as far as health insurance
My new manager is appreciative and very helpful
ok place to work if you love kids
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2014
the pay there is no good the environment is ok. the management is no good
It was a wonderful and very professional place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2014
I worked on both the skilled floors and in the residential apartments providing the patients with all of their activities of daily living. Including showers, feeding, escorts within the facility and anything the patients required.
Pros
I really like working with people in that capacity
Cons
There werent many cons to this job, only that if you were short staffed, you were not able to provide every patient with the level of care they deserved.
Great Learning Experience
Case Manager/Dementia Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
I learned a great deal while being employed at Montgomery Place
Easy going workplace
Aide (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILDecember 11, 2012
Typical day would be cooking meals, cleaning, laundry for residents. Most enjoyable part of the job was the residents. Co-workers were great but management was difficult to work with for all employees.
Those with ethics and morals need not apply
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, Chicago ILAugust 4, 2012
Work/life balance nonexistent. You will be required to work 10-11 hour days while only being paid for 8 in a regular basis. Rotations would be acceptable but are not put in place.
Administration's main focus is finger pointing and displacing blame onto others. Cannot keep dietary or physical therapy managers employed for this reason. Employees quit without notice frequently.
Hourly employees have had to adapt to their morals in order to keep their positions.
Residents are the most enjoyable part of the job, are generally not hard to please if they are given attention. However, administration will throw employees under the bus in front of residents instead of correcting their own bad decisions.
Pros
residents, updated facility
Cons
hours, compensation, low morals and ethics, no job security, union protests
Productive and Team Work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2012
I work 12 hour shifts and I have to say that they are not long and stressful because there is team work displayed throughout the nursing department. My DON will help with anything I have seen her in her high heels walking fast in and out of patients rooms removing meal trays and taking them back to the kitchen. I am very content!!
Pros
professionalism
Cons
8 hours short of 40 hours
Disaster
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2012
They cant keep managers working there for more than 90 days, the budget is way to small for the things they expect. Terrible upper management
Pros
easy hours, basic menu
Cons
no job security, finger pointing, rasicm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery Place. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8