Montreat College

Montreat College Employer Reviews

Opportunity to Create
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Montreat, NCApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: location of college - my family wants to return to the st. louis area
The best part of teaching at the collegiate level is the opportunity to create relevant and applicable lessons for college-aged students. Also, it is enjoyable to build relationships with and foster growth in the young men and women whose lives you have a chance to impact.
Adult Students
Adjunct math teacher (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2014
The students often are not experts in math and require encouragement as well as simplification of mathematical rules. It's exciting to see them grow!!!
Fun, yet productive meetings and great turnouts for planned events and activities.
Student Activities Assistant (Current Employee), 310 Gaither CircleJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: enjoyed planned activities
I had a great time working with student activities at Montreat College! My co-workers were all great and the meetings were fun, they were the most enjoyable part of my job. We planned, organized, coordinated and hosted many events and activities for the student body. The hardest part of my job was on the nights of big events when I had to put things together, set up and break down. Long but rewarding days.
Great Internship
Personality Research Intern (Former Employee), Montreat, NCOctober 22, 2013
Great internship supervisor, guidance, and independent research.
Demoralizing
An Office (Former Employee), Black Mountain and Montreat, NCAugust 19, 2013
Pros: christians who are gentle people at heart
Cons: christians who don't know how to manage people or systems or contracts
No job security and with serious management, financial and staff issues befalling this institution, it's amazing it's still around.
Worked with a lot of teammates and friends
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Montreat, NCJuly 16, 2013
- Working various different jobs from recruitment, cleaning offices, supervising the gym, officiating athletic events, working scoreboard, keeping books for various sports, etc.
- I learned how to operate DakStats for soccer, work basketball scoreboards and various other athletic related details.
- Management was awesome when I was there
- Co-workers were often my friends and therefore awesome
- For me, the hardest part of the job was that a lot was put on my plate and I was expected to manage a lot of older students when I was a freshman or sophomore. It took a little time for seniors to respect my authority.
- Most enjoyable aspect of the job was working in athletics. As sports are a huge part of my life and I have a passion for them, it was awesome to have various jobs pertaining to several different sports.
Great people at Montreat
Volleyball Coach (Former Employee), Montreat, NCApril 2, 2013
Pros: beautiful grounds on campus
Cons: little money to offer players
I worked as a collegiate coach at this NAIA school. Funding was slim and facilities were poor. Student athletes worked hard and they were good girls.
Dream Job. Coach the sport I'm passionate about
Assistant Cross Country and Track Coach (Current Employee), Montreat, NCMarch 9, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
Great location, great job unfortunately not a lot of room for advancement. Would like to coach at a larger school with more funding.
College atmosphere
Assistant (Former Employee), Montreat, NCFebruary 27, 2013
Good balance between school and work. Don't over work you and is understanding of school activities.
Christ Devoted and Service Driven!
Co-Editor of The Q (Current Employee), Montreat, NCFebruary 11, 2013
A typical day at work is, go to school then start work at 6 to 11; depending on what you do. I've learn so much from Montreat College and have met some many new people while working there. Management is nice and so are the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having too much fun, believe it or not. But I always enjoy working at Montreat College.
Did campus housing for summer conferences and occasionally took in students payments
Summer Housing Director (Former Employee), Montreat, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: working with groups or individuals in acquiring housing needs for conferences
Cons: keeping track of reservations on paper
Helped conferees for the Conference Center to find dorm rooms available and taking deposits for the summer conferences. Mostly these would be groups from various churches. I worked with two other people who assisted when needed. The hardest part of pre-computer days of keeping a chart on a chalkboard. It was a real eye-opener of how colleges can continue to get revenue during the summer.
Université privée de très bon niveau
Stage au service Admissions à l'université (Former Employee), Montreat CollegeJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: professeurs et staff très présents pour les étudiants
Cons: un peu loin d'une moyenne ville, pas de transports en commun
Cette école m'a appris beaucoup et je suis ravie et chanceuse d'avoir eu la chance d'avoir fini mes études au sein de cet établissement. Cette expérience universitaire américaine m'aura apporté beaucoup de maturité et enseigné tout autant au niveau business et marketing.