Montreat College Employee Reviews in United States

Good Experience
Business Law Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2016
Great opportunities are within Montreat.

Challenging atmosphere and wonderful staff.

I would highly reccomend working here.
Would not recommend working here
Assistant to Director of Faculty Services (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCSeptember 9, 2015
Not enough work to be busy; good co-workers but poor management.
A lot of turnover especially in higher positions; poor communications.
Pros
Good co-workers, nice environment
Cons
Low pay, no support, guidance, or authority in job duties.
Fun and Motivated Co-Workers
Head Sound Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCJuly 24, 2015
Typical day would involve coming to work early to prepare the sound for any type of event that was taking place that day. The job taught you how to run sound and think quickly. Management was a little sloppy and unorganized. Co-workers made the job very fun. The hardest part were the communication issues which arose daily.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Communication
very organized like to keep things nice and neat
Aramark (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCJanuary 30, 2015
just a typical day at work well we come in clock in then go to your assigned chore you do that chore when you are done with all of your chores that you have been assigned tell your manager if He/She has anything for you if not then just wait in till the cafertia opens then you go to your assigned spot.

I have learned to do work with out being told I have learned to do things in a fat and steady speed, so I am not late doing other stuff.

management was very well I just thought they yell all the time but they actually did there work and helped there employees that needed help

my co-workers was friendly they never got mad did what they were suppose to do did there job well if they told me to help them so they can clock out I did I am a very helpful person I don't like getting nobody in trouble

my hardest part of the job was when a customer would yell at me because I was slacking a little but I did my best in to make all my customers happy

the most enjoyable part of that job is working with my Co-Workers and making my customers happy because when ever I clocked out to go home I had a smile on my face I thank that is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free meals
Cons
n/a
Worked with a lot of teammates and friends
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCJuly 16, 2013
- Working various different jobs from recruitment, cleaning offices, supervising the gym, officiating athletic events, working scoreboard, keeping books for various sports, etc.
- I learned how to operate DakStats for soccer, work basketball scoreboards and various other athletic related details.
- Management was awesome when I was there
- Co-workers were often my friends and therefore awesome
- For me, the hardest part of the job was that a lot was put on my plate and I was expected to manage a lot of older students when I was a freshman or sophomore. It took a little time for seniors to respect my authority.
- Most enjoyable aspect of the job was working in athletics. As sports are a huge part of my life and I have a passion for them, it was awesome to have various jobs pertaining to several different sports.
Avoid at all Costs
Full Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Montreat CollegeAugust 9, 2015
Scary place to work since new administration took over last spring. Evangelicals on a mission to convert all staff to their narrow way of viewing the world, which includes intolerance for diversity. Many students feel stuck and just want to get their degrees and get out.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Job insecurity, unethicial administrators
Demoralizing
An Office (Former Employee) –  Black Mountain and Montreat, NCAugust 19, 2013
No job security and with serious management, financial and staff issues befalling this institution, it's amazing it's still around.
Pros
christians who are gentle people at heart
Cons
christians who don't know how to manage people or systems or contracts
Christ Devoted and Service Driven!
Co-Editor of The Q (Current Employee) –  Montreat, NCFebruary 11, 2013
A typical day at work is, go to school then start work at 6 to 11; depending on what you do. I've learn so much from Montreat College and have met some many new people while working there. Management is nice and so are the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not having too much fun, believe it or not. But I always enjoy working at Montreat College.
Dream Job. Coach the sport I'm passionate about
Assistant Cross Country and Track Coach (Current Employee) –  Montreat, NCMarch 9, 2013
Great location, great job unfortunately not a lot of room for advancement. Would like to coach at a larger school with more funding.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement
Did campus housing for summer conferences and occasionally took in students payments
Summer Housing Director (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Helped conferees for the Conference Center to find dorm rooms available and taking deposits for the summer conferences. Mostly these would be groups from various churches. I worked with two other people who assisted when needed. The hardest part of pre-computer days of keeping a chart on a chalkboard. It was a real eye-opener of how colleges can continue to get revenue during the summer.
Pros
working with groups or individuals in acquiring housing needs for conferences
Cons
keeping track of reservations on paper
Fun, yet productive meetings and great turnouts for planned events and activities.
Student Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  310 Gaither CircleJanuary 8, 2014
I had a great time working with student activities at Montreat College! My co-workers were all great and the meetings were fun, they were the most enjoyable part of my job. We planned, organized, coordinated and hosted many events and activities for the student body. The hardest part of my job was on the nights of big events when I had to put things together, set up and break down. Long but rewarding days.
Pros
enjoyed planned activities
Opportunity to Create
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Montreat, NCApril 17, 2014
The best part of teaching at the collegiate level is the opportunity to create relevant and applicable lessons for college-aged students. Also, it is enjoyable to build relationships with and foster growth in the young men and women whose lives you have a chance to impact.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
location of college - my family wants to return to the st. louis area
Great people at Montreat
Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCApril 2, 2013
I worked as a collegiate coach at this NAIA school. Funding was slim and facilities were poor. Student athletes worked hard and they were good girls.
Pros
beautiful grounds on campus
Cons
little money to offer players
Adult Students
Adjunct math teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2014
The students often are not experts in math and require encouragement as well as simplification of mathematical rules. It's exciting to see them grow!!!
Great Internship
Personality Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCOctober 22, 2013
Great internship supervisor, guidance, and independent research.
College atmosphere
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCFebruary 27, 2013
Good balance between school and work. Don't over work you and is understanding of school activities.
Université privée de très bon niveau
Stage au service Admissions à l'université (Former Employee) –  Montreat CollegeJanuary 5, 2014
Cette école m'a appris beaucoup et je suis ravie et chanceuse d'avoir eu la chance d'avoir fini mes études au sein de cet établissement. Cette expérience universitaire américaine m'aura apporté beaucoup de maturité et enseigné tout autant au niveau business et marketing.
Pros
professeurs et staff très présents pour les étudiants
Cons
un peu loin d'une moyenne ville, pas de transports en commun

2.6