Montrose Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful Job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 13, 2017
They were very nice and friendly and were caring. Gave you more hours when someone was calling in and didn't show up. You were pretty much working a full time that started out being part time.
Busy Emergency Department
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COAugust 26, 2017
Loved working in this Emergency Department.
Everyone was well trained, and worked as a team. Schedules were flexible. Department manage was very approachable.
Pros
Part time/Per Diem available
Cons
often very busy, late or no breaks
A welcoming work atmosphere!
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Main AdmissionsAugust 17, 2017
From the day I interviewed at MMH I have felt welcomed and embraced as an employee. The halls are full of friendly smiles and co-workers always willing to lend a hand.
Not a good place to work
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 29, 2017
Just look at the job postings and that says it all. Always looking for nurses and even cleaning techs. CEO needs to go along with several directors and supervisors. Talked to a lot of residents in Montrose and they say they would rather go to Delta's hospital then Montrose because they are always unstaffed and management is worthless. I've worked at Montrose Hospital and was so glad that I quit. Beware you will regret it.
Benefits
Cons
CEO and Management
Great hospital great staff
REGISTERED NURSE - EMERGENCY ROOM LEVEL 3 (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 19, 2017
Out of all the ER's I've worked in Montrose by far is one of the top. Don't let the "small community" fool you as it is a rocking ER with great cases/traumas that come thru the door, you will never get bored. The other thing that set Montrose aside from others is the GREAT doctors that work there. They collaborate with the team would rather be called by there first name and harbor no ego.. fantastic team players and truly a gift to work with. I started there as a traveler and hired on per diem but the 5 hour commute made it too tough and had to quit but if you are looking for a great community to live in and an amazing hospital to work for Montrose Community is your next home!!
Pros
A true team of staff
Too much expected, not enough pay, support or leadership.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 16, 2017
The day is spent printing invoices from email, sending payment approval requests to department directors via email and printing received payment approvals out of email and attach them to the previously printed invoices. Enter invoices ready for payment. Sort through invoices received by US Postal mail, send for approval if needed, prepare for entry if pre-approved.

The hardest part of the job is when payment requests come without all approvals and\or back-up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything runs so smoothly that one is able to go the extra mile for vendors or employees so that all payments are made and delivered when and where they are needed in a given week.

In short the work environment is chaotic, with no accountability of supervisors. Words tell employees one story but actions say something completely different.
Pros
Could be a great place to work if the atmosphere changes.
Cons
Current work environment in tumoil.
Poor culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COApril 26, 2017
As other reviews have said, this is not a friendly place to work. There is a lot of bullying among nurses. One nurse will have a huge workload while other nurses are busy staring at their cell phones. Lots of gossip and backstabbing.
Asking a question will get you in trouble. The hospital does not do any kind of training with regard to lateral violence or diversity. It is very cliquish and managers tend to play favorites.
Glad I don't work there anymore.
Pros
Cons
The above
Amazing
Intern (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COApril 10, 2017
The care at MMH is top notch. Every employee goes out of their way to give the absolute best care they can. The environment is amazing and each member of the staff is there to focus on the care of the patient
Not a friendly work environment
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 24, 2017
Really enjoyed my job and co-workers. Management is more about awards then there employees. Supervisor talks about other employees including his Director and Lead in a negative manner. Management has no empathy when it comes to staff calling out sick do to sick kids or if the employee is sick. Hardest part about the job is getting equipment repaired and poor communication from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and the staff working at my building. Management does not keep conversations confidential when asked. Supervisor lacks experience and training on how to be a good leader. Very disappointing place to work if in the EVS department because of a high rate of turnover mostly due to poor management.
Pros
co-workers and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive work place but not friendly work environment
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 1, 2017
Not a friendly work environment no matter what department your in. Very few supervisors that would eant to help or care about employees. There was adequte training and good pay. I did have few people that I enjoyed working with. I would not go back to work there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Just all around not a perferable place to spend your day working!!
Great place to work but could use some management help.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CONovember 25, 2016
The hospital was a great place to work because of fellow employees and the patients. The work load is big but if you're self motivated and productive, you'll do great. I never had any problems with management other than a lack of communication and a constant turn over trend due to certain managerial styles but if you can be a team player and focus on your work it can be a good place to work.
Pros
Discounted meals, co-workers, patients
Cons
Often times no breaks
Professional and Caring
Grill (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COAugust 26, 2016
excellent staff and top of the line grill. was super impressed with there acceptance of a person who has changed their life. Thank You Montrose Memorial for giving me this chance
Pros
help and great staff
No issues
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 31, 2015
Nothing extraordinarily good or bad. Nice place to work. This organization is ran like any other top-down organization. It has improved its ratings as a facility in the past several years.
Progressive community hospital
Technologist, Hospital (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 22, 2015
Highly skilled, industrious and cooperative staff. State
of the art instrumentation. Stimulating, progressive
work environment. Great reputation in the community.
Lots of changes
ER Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 27, 2015
Lots of changes. Some good and some bad. Enjoy wirking with fine team in admissions .Too much politics between boards and county boards members.
Pros
Insurance, Yearly wage increases
Cons
Everyone doesn't obey hospital policy
Progressive place to work
Clinical Director of the Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COMarch 28, 2015
An ever changing and challenging environment that allows a person with vision to progress. The staff is looked to as if they were all part of a family and considered by administration in a compassionate manner.
My job
❸ CERTIFIED REGISTERED CENTRAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Montrose, ColoradoMarch 9, 2015
My day starts at noon. It gets crazy on Mondays and Tuesdays with totals. I usually go into the decontamination room to start cleaning. In my 6 plus years i have learned a lot about how important my job is as a sterilization technician, and am still learning new things all the time. Thats what i like the most about my job is the learning part of it. There is something new all the time, or maybe a different way, or an easier way to do things. But what I do the most is take pride in my job.

My coworkers are great. We try and work as a team to help each other out what ever it may be. Communication is very important in this field. Thats the only way to really get the job done well and work together so that things go smoothly. I love my job.
Pros
Work 4 days a week. Good place to work, benefits.
Cons
dont get breaks to often.
Great place to learn
Cook (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 30, 2014
Friendly staff great work environment. Plenty of room for advancement
Pros
Great pay
Cons
healthcare industry
DONT go on maternity leave or get sick!
Unit Secretary Labor and Delivery  (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJune 10, 2013
OK place to work unless you have to take off for a longer period of time.I went on maternity leave for the regular amount of time and came back to NO job!!!!!
Pros
Some of my coworkers were great
Cons
NO job security
Poor culture
Medical Surgical Director (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COMarch 18, 2013
Poor work environment and sub par care to patients. Managed by Coram and profits are the bottom line. Senior leadership turn over and poor leadership values

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montrose Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Montrose Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location