Montserrat College of Art Employee Reviews

Fully independent internship, room to flex
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 22, 2017
Typical day involved gathering resources I would use for the animations I'd create, and I consulted with my supervisor with results. You largely work by yourself, giving you a lot of room to breathe and figure things out on your own, which in itself is liberating. Create, report, create, report, submit.
Learned time management...these projects have close deadlines! Work fast and efficiently. This was also the hardest part of the job.
Another hard part; working by yourself means you solve your own problems. Sometimes your tools fail you, or you must research something you can't wrap your head around. At times, a requested revision can be tricky to try and fix, especially when your client's vision does not closely match your own. You must learn to "let go" and give the client what they ask for, despite your opinions.
Culture; you are inspired every day. Surrounded by art, artists, people who value and understand hard work (especially when it comes to art production) can give you momentum and show you real examples of success. Very valuable to any artist, art-lover, or common business man.
Pros
Open schedules
Cons
close deadlines
I worked with the adult extension program not the college kids.
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 1, 2017
Taking adults out of their every day experiences and showing them a new way to let off steam or interpret an art project was always rewarding. Group discussions about art in general was a highlight. I have a very long history of being an artist and that includes all types of media. I enjoy working with individuals one on one. If they had a special need I was always willing to seek the best way to help,
Pros
All of the job was good for me
Cons
The classes filled to 36 people, only me as the teacher
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  beverly,maJune 1, 2015
Great place to work as a student wage is fair and the time is fair. it is great work experience and it is flexible to work being a student
Simple, Fun, and Enjoyable
Photo Monitor (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 20, 2013
The work often included picking up after others and helping in the process of developing film, or working in a studio setting doing shoots.
Labor Intensive but Fun
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Moving 6ft tables from room to room as well as other furniture on a daily basis. Cleaning, trash removal and minor maintenance issues. There's plenty of walking and lifting but the people are nice to talk to and easy to get along with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no raises, minimum wage