We're looking for a Chicago-based PHP programmer to join our team. This person should be experienced and also open to new ideas, new platforms and new ways of working.
The Developer will be responsible for requirements gathering, software design and architecture, development timelines (reporting directly to CEO), as well as software testing and quality assurance.
We're not into big names or degrees. We just want to see great work.
We are looking for a Developer who can collaborate with our team on the future of Montway’s web projects and fully own Montway’s day-to-day programming execution. You live and breathe software development, critically viewing existing experiences, and thinking, “I could do that so much better.”
We’re not looking for someone who wants to be plugged in to a large team, but someone who wants to take major responsibility for the future of Montway’s software development across our web, social and mobile applications.
All positions at Montway are very self-led. We work extraordinarily close together but are not looking for our employees to do only what is asked of them. We are a collaborative team and therefore to fill this role means being comfortable developing around one’s own priorities for the application while balancing the larger goals and objectives of the company.
- Front- and back-end programming
- Plan, research, develop logic, code, test and deploy several projects with minimal assistance
- Develop tools that will streamline internal and external processes
- Keep current with technology and development
- Document everything
- Work on-site at our office.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in object-oriented patterns and web-based software development
- Knowledge of developing web services (REST, RPC, JSON, XML, SOAP, etc)
- Be flexible with CMSs
- Familiarity with version control (SVN, CVS, git, etc)
- Linux management experience
- Experience with creating or integrating to billing systems
- Experience in common third-party APIs such as Facebook, PayPal, and Authorize.net
- Have a great attitude and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Able to work independently and self-motivate
- Able to contribute constructively to a team
- Experience with mobile and responsive design
- 3-4 years of experience
Applicants, please note:
This full-time position (and Montway) is located in Des Plaines, IL and we are NOT considering telecommuters or outsourcing services.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental
Please no phone calls or recruiter service calls.
Please include salary requirements.
Please include your resume with cover letter and URLs of websites / projects you’ve worked on.
Resumes will not be considered unless they meet the above requirements.
Indeed - 21 months ago