Mood Media Employee Reviews

Amazing company but not good pay.....
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMay 18, 2017
I have never loved a job more than working for Mood Media. I was extremely passionate about the products/ solutions I sold (background music, on-hold messaging, sound systems, digital marketing, scent, etc.). The ONLY draw back was that the pay was very low. There wasn't a base salary and I was only paid commission on new business sales, however a huge part of my time was consumed managing accounts after the initial sale.

A typical day was attending appointments, cold calling, sending out follow up emails, and handling customer service issues. Customer service, unfortunately was an area the company struggled. I don't mean that in a negative way. Every single company has issues that you have to work around, so I saw it more of a challenge.

The culture at Mood was very hip and progressive.... always good music playing, very laid back and everyone was friendly. My manager was fantastic and I couldn't ask for more support. To this day we keep in touch.

The hardest part of my job was on-going service issues. I became very close to my Sales Assistants and Account Managers, so we worked together as a team to rectify issues and keep the clients happy. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping clients realize the importance of the mood/ atmosphere of their business. Customers really do respond in a positive way to the right sound, sight and scent that is unique to each business.
Pros
Best job ever in terms of loving what I sold
Cons
very poor pay
Great Tools
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 4, 2017
Turn over rate is 75%. Never informed that territories are harvested by longer term account executives. Procedures constantly changed requiring more time for account executives to do paperwork instead of being in the territory. A CEO needed a proposal within 3 weeks, but it took 6 weeks and their proposal was 2x as high as expectations. This was for an important prospective client; such as, The Stars.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Management lacked Integrity and Honesty
Managment Nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2017
My boss ...fired, replaced with car sales manager mentality, he fires me and hires his cronies. His boss ... fired. All the people I worked with ..gone, office closed. A revolving door with glass ceilings low pay for the masses. The top earners do well, mostly women in the midwest.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Revolving door of staff
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for Mood Media. They are by far one of the best companies to work for. The Management Team is Awesome. I learned how to solve their issues when their music was out.
Sounds like a good place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2017
Sound like a fun place to work. Depends on the job, the manager and department. Was hired when they were absorbing a company 4 times its size into one. It probably is now a fun place to work, because most of the people they hired during this period are now gone because not so many workers are needed
Pros
three weeks vacation
Cons
too busy to use all vacation, no backup, because everyone had too many clients, no raises
Good company
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2017
I enjoy the co-workers and work environment. Pay and dependability is lacking. Jobs are being shipped overseas. Management is top-notch, caring, dedicated people.
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 14, 2017
Read the reviews about this company. They are all true. Lack of training, no structure, favoritism(mostly at every job),no raises, and no help when needed. Basically, it is all about who you know. I do not see this company lasting much longer if they keep the same people who is running it now because they do not know what they are doing.
Pros
Hot chocolate and coffee
Cons
Stressful, stressful, stressful
fun and rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Great products and company culture. Fun Job and great colleagues. Good teamwork. Hardest part of the job was the customer service and paperwork.

Good Luck!
Pros
remote position
Cons
paperwork
You'll Wish You Hadn't
Premier Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Mood is a dead end. The pay is below average and will never increase. Mood is touted as the global leader in the industry, but Executives and Management can't figure out how to capitalize on that financially.

The PTO and Benefits package is nice and the location is great. The culture is definitely not very "Austin". The events are usually very child-like and HR is scared of anything involving alcohol, so don't expect any company happy hours.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Work-Life Balance, Location
Cons
Low Salary, Stagnant Wages, Directionless Management
It ok
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2016
Job has its good and bad like every other company out there. It can be better. Good PTO good working area and co works. We are given everything we need to do our jobs
Absolutely terrible management ON ALL levels
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2016
Terrible management. They train you minimally and then expect way too much. They say there are tons of people to help you if you need assistance. But then they fire you if you ask for that assistance. It is the worst company to work for.

The poor customers who are paying this company for services get no help at all what so ever. They are just shuffled around departments until the customer gives up. I had a woman who had been trying to get her equipment fixed for almost 2 years and was told she would receive a callback. She hadn't still. I had an angry customer call and ask to speak with a supervisor and as I transferred him over, the supervisor simply hung up. That customer then had to call back and wait in a call que to explain himself all over again. They also outsource their calls to Romania so they don't have to provide the same benefits.

You are nothing or nobody to that company until you become part of the click...the terrible management click. I don't even know how they are still in business. They probably won't be for long.

GO ELSEWHERE FOR YOUR MUSIC AND MOOD ATMOSPHERE TRUST ME YOU WILL REGRET DOING BUSINESS HERE
Pros
Cons
terrible work environment. bad ethics. click like culture.
great place
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Canton, GASeptember 30, 2016
great place competitive pay, always on the cutting edge of building replacement air craft parts family oriented. very fasted pace so the work days just fly by, just a great place to work
Pros
you will learn a lot
Cons
sometimes long hours
Run like the wind if you are a seasoned sales rep !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Horrible company .. Management and recruiters will lie to bring you on board .. No money there...waste of time.. Company is in serious financial problems .. Heavy heavy turnover... Reps are usually out by 8 months regardless that the quotas are ridiculous for the products they sell ... Runn No crm ... work you like a dog for NO money !
Pros
None ! Maybe cool products and services
Cons
No work balance, poor management, no professional training, Comp plan is a joke
Don't bother with this place, you are better off unemployed
slave (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 13, 2016
Management is rude and unprofessional. There are no best practices in place. No raises, managers are not used to having authority yet are not available when you need them. If you are friends with management you are good to go, even if you have no experience. You are made to present excuses to customers on behalf of the company for their cheap equipment, high rates, and lack of ethical reasoning. Very high turnove
Pros
Cons
many
Its an awesome job, but low salery
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2016
what the summary says, its an awesome chill job, doesn't pay enough. Work here if you need a job, don't mind the pay, going to school, or something temporary.
Pros
Chill Environment
Cons
low pay
Productive fun work enviornment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
Prospected for new business opportunities, managed accounts in my territory and sold our services throughout the New York City and Long Island area. Driving the sales process and seeing it to completion helping us gain strategic accounts in key verticals. Installed our services along with selling them and assisting our technicians on site to complete the post sale process.
Pros
Great work environment fun products fair management
Cons
not enough support for implementation of sales
Friendly and accommodating business atmosphere
3rd Party Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2016
Personable staff and a friendly environment reflective of a music based industry. Many opportunities to advance internally and generous allocation of 4 weeks paid time off per year.
n/a
Service Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2016
I do not feel comfortable reviewing my employeer for indeed.com. I will not be writing anything in this field to be reviewed by indeed.com.
Awesome
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 1, 2016
I loved Mood for the time I spent there. High energy environment, full of friendly people who just wanted to give their best effort in order to make a living! Not one negative experience there, and i worked with my girlfriend so that is saying something ! lol
Pros
Very good money, Supervisors dont micro-manage
Order Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work. A lot of different departments, everyone works together cohesively. Family environment. Great hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mood Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9