Mood Media Employee Reviews in United States

Too much micro management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Too many chief's and not enough indians as the old saying goes. Upper management only worried about shareholders, no raises in 6+ years.
Fun company, horrible management
Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2015
Working at Mood Media you quickly learn the tribulations a company can endure post-merger. It is essential to have executives and management that are willing to take their own employees into account, and consider the morale of the company instead of believing everyone is simply 'replaceable'

High turnover rates, no positive reinforcement, and secrets plague the company.

On a positive note, co-workers are usually fun and spirited, especially when outside of the office.
Stay away from this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXMay 19, 2015
Overall a fun suite of products to sell, but diminishing support of customers. Management does not support its sales people and people fear speaking up about problems or face retaliation, often including termination. Company has murky finances with several extensions from 2009 bankruptcy filing (then Muzak) and uncertainly of future and relevancy in marketplace. Their only hope is digital signage as business of background music has nearly come to a halt with the exception of national clients and few local.
Pros
Vending machines, ample parking, casual dress, social events
Cons
Corrupt management, no personal training, raises hard to come by
Friendly and accommodating business atmosphere
3rd Party Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2016
Personable staff and a friendly environment reflective of a music based industry. Many opportunities to advance internally and generous allocation of 4 weeks paid time off per year.
Awesome
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 1, 2016
I loved Mood for the time I spent there. High energy environment, full of friendly people who just wanted to give their best effort in order to make a living! Not one negative experience there, and i worked with my girlfriend so that is saying something ! lol
Pros
Very good money, Supervisors dont micro-manage
Order Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work. A lot of different departments, everyone works together cohesively. Family environment. Great hours.
n/a
Service Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2016
I do not feel comfortable reviewing my employeer for indeed.com. I will not be writing anything in this field to be reviewed by indeed.com.
Cool Bar
Client Satisfaction Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Pros:
- Its very "chill"
- Okay money
- Flexible hours

Cons:
- Can get boring if its slow
- have to stay an hour after to clean
Mood was an amazing journey for me, I wouldn't take back the energy and passion that I gave them.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2015
I look forward to a new opportunity with a company who can benefit from my drive to succeed, loyalty and passion. Mood not only gave me passion, but the respect and confidence that I needed to grow the business in operations, administration and sales.

They are fast to move into the Mobile abilities to connect with customers in your business and outside.

Amazing journey, look forward to my new one.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Bilingual)
Bilingual Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2015
Worst company I have worked for so far. Management expectactions are completely out of line with the reality of the business. The A/R aging is extremely over due because of the lack of competent people in management and the unlimited number of issues with the billing system. Employee turn over is at all time high! Company won't hire direct, they get you on board as a temp and lying about the job responsibilities because nobody wants to work for them.

Company could have a lot of potential if people would actually do their job there. However, management lacks in every single aspect. I was handling International Accounts Receivable in Latin America which has been a nightmare for every single "collector" that works in that position. At interview, I was told I would handle that portfolio only. However, I ended up handling about 800 accounts mixed between local (USA) and Latin America Accounts.

Time allotted to work on Latin America Accounts would be only a day per week, two at the most when I complained enough; nevertheless it was not enough to do reconciliations of up to three years of wrong billing. However, management would NOT understand so.

I don't recommend anyone to work there. If a recruiter comes to you regarding a position for this company stay AWAY!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Muzak LLC (Drive-Thru Operations)
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about Mood Media/Muzak LLC (DTOC).
The upper management was always fair and willing to listen.
Pros
Fun place to work, at that time. (Family environment)
Cons
Muzak LLC; was taken over by Mood Media, years after my position was eliminated.
Friendly and comfortable environment, but no room for growth.
Client Satisfaction Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
Call center environment about drive thru equipment, everyone was helpful and friendly. Management tried to work with you about schedules, hardest part of the job was not being able to assist customers because other departments were not available to assist. The friendly environment was very enjoyable.
Pros
relaxed dress code, free coffee
Cons
low pay, no pay raises, no promotions
Not too fun of a place to work at.
Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle WaMarch 19, 2015
No a lot of calls during the day. Lack of communication between levels of management. Good benefits, though. Lots of trainees coming in to front line support that lacked basic knowledge of products.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication
No Upward Movement, Continuous Executive Changes & Company Layoffs
Systems Specialist&Front End System Administration (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Enjoyed the work I did from day to day, in addition to the extra duties I was required to perform including some tasks I proactively took on. No upward movement, appreciation nor consideration for compensation for additional tasks/duties outside of typical job scope.No job security.
Pros
being around a music based environment
Cons
no upward movement, no appreciation, always extra duties without compensation.
Overworked & Underpaid
Technical Support/CS (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
If you're into overtime (voluntary and more times mandatory), this job is for you!

As for the work day, be ready to handle the work load of two and a half people for the wage of one, which is remarkably lower than the average for the work you'll do (in ALL departments). The only way to get a raise is to transfer into another department. Then expect the same amount of work, if not more for .50 cents to a buck an hour. For the bi-lingual folks, you can earn a whopping .15 cents an hour more over your English only counterparts! Most often, promotions are selected by whom you know, and how well you fraternize with low level management (supervisors) over quality.

The PTO is great if you can ever use it. Most people will accrue time they can't use because of the mandatory 9 and 10 hour (variable) shifts, and the sense of "we need you" and "black out" periods. If you request a day or two off several weeks in advance, you have a 99% chance it will be turned down or flat out ignored. The only way off is to find someone to swap schedules. In reality, no PTO used. Note: If you have a substantial PTO balance by years end, you can only forward 40 hours to be used by the first quarter of the following year. All previous time will be lost. To add insult to injury, if you fall victim to unused PTO, you won't be able to sell back any of your unused time .

Management: "Yes men". Enough said!

Business Culture: Stat and metrics heavy...

Current & Future outlook: 2 CEOs in 1 1/2 years, and a huge uptick in hiring "Temps" to fill huge back-logs due to budget cuts and closing various operations.
Pros
standard benefits, piped in music while you work
Cons
long hours, low pay, difficult to use pto, stressful, and high turnover
Very busy office, free coffee, high collection output, minimal formal training
Credit Control (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2014
I have had15 years of collections experience in a varied background, so the lack of training was less of a shock than it would be for someone expect a degree of formal training, until one gets their "land legs" . In fact, the main short coming of the position is the high output expectation and the minimal formal training on a very intricate and complex position that has the vital task of money through the door and reconciling account discrepancies. Overwhelming volume of work requires minimal follow through, but expectation is complete resolution. Always a partial, never a whole.
Pros
laid back culture, free coffee
Cons
minimal training, high expectations, sink of swim mentality, brain drain and corrporate chaos which is widely accepted as "normal".
Nice place to work, super colleagues and very friendly environment
Divisional Controller (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAMarch 21, 2013
Hectic but veru fulfilling pace of work.
Sometimes frustrating that decision making process was slower due to layers of management.
Co workers were very cooperative and helpful.
Pros
decent benefits, good group of people
Cons
no 401k or retirement benefit contributions
Place has potential
Cient Satisfaction (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Working at Mood Media was very stressful at first as they were very understaffed. It got better when they had a huge class finally hit the floor. Everybody there was pretty cool, but the management needs some work. I feel like it could be an awesome place if the training was better.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
never any supervisors around when you needed them
Culture Makes The Difference
Vice President of Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2014
Music, videos, messaging, scent services . . . a one-stop shop for a business's branding needs. With the right management in place, the Company could do anything.
Pros
product & services, people
Cons
benefits, like everywhere else, are taking a dive.
Great place to work, not the best financial security
Customer Service/Support Rep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
all employees are great to work with. pay is not the best and benefits are pretty avg. PTO is awesome tho. flexible schedule helps with balancing home and work.
Pros
PTO
Cons
pay