Mood Media

Mood Media Employer Reviews

Friendly and comfortable environment, but no room for growth.
Client Satisfaction Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: relaxed dress code, free coffee
Cons: low pay, no pay raises, no promotions
Call center environment about drive thru equipment, everyone was helpful and friendly. Management tried to work with you about schedules, hardest part of the job was not being able to assist customers because other departments were not available to assist. The friendly environment was very enjoyable.
Chaos
Tech Support/Customer Satisfaction (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: clsoe to home
Cons: short lucnch, lack of company unity
Company works harder not smarter. every thing is put into a compartmentalized structure.
Stressful Environment
Cash Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: employees not in managerial roles are extremely nice and pleasant to work with
Cons: management is more concerned with themselves then employees - extremely high turn over
Management does not communicate with their teams. Very bias. You know who the favorites are and only they advance.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Satisfaction Professional (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: short lunch breaks
Interface directly with 40-50 clients per day via phone at a call center. Duties include account management, troubleshooting of various audio, visual, technological and sound equipment, order taking, order entry, booking of orders, and reviewing of contracts. Knowledgeable of the O/S Oracle.
No proper training
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: vending machines were all $0.25
Cons: no proper training
didn't feel likei received proper training on my daily tasks and felt like a bother when i asked for more training
Overworked & Underpaid
Technical Support/CS (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: standard benefits, piped in music while you work
Cons: long hours, low pay, difficult to use pto, stressful, and high turnover
If you're into overtime (voluntary and more times mandatory), this job is for you!

As for the work day, be ready to handle the work load of two and a half people for the wage of one, which is remarkably lower than the average for the work you'll do (in ALL departments). The only way to get a raise is to transfer into another department. Then expect – more... the same amount of work, if not more for .50 cents to a buck an hour. For the bi-lingual folks, you can earn a whopping .15 cents an hour more over your English only counterparts! Most often, promotions are selected by whom you know, and how well you fraternize with low level management (supervisors) over quality.

The PTO is great if you can ever use it. Most people will accrue time they can't use because of the mandatory 9 and 10 hour (variable) shifts, and the sense of "we need you" and "black out" periods. If you request a day or two off several weeks in advance, you have a 99% chance it will be turned down or flat out ignored. The only way off is to find someone to swap schedules. In reality, no PTO used. Note: If you have a substantial PTO balance by years end, you can only forward 40 hours to be used by the first quarter of the following year. All previous time will be lost. To add insult to injury, if you fall victim to unused PTO, you won't be able to sell back any of your unused time .

Management: "Yes men". Enough said!

Business Culture: Stat and metrics heavy...

Current & Future outlook: 2 CEOs in 1 1/2 years, and a huge uptick in hiring "Temps" to fill huge back-logs due to budget cuts and closing various operations. – less
Culture Makes The Difference
Vice President of Financial Operations (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: product & services, people
Cons: benefits, like everywhere else, are taking a dive.
Music, videos, messaging, scent services . . . a one-stop shop for a business's branding needs. With the right management in place, the Company could do anything.
Productive and laid back environment
Operations Coordinator, Latin America (Current Employee), Mami Beach, FLMay 1, 2014
My day consist of daily communication with our affiliates in Latin America. Processing sales order and following up from the point of the sale until the equipment has been installed and the customer has been totally satisfied. I learned to multitask and prioritize my work daily. My co-workers and I collaborate and work as a team to ensure customer satisfaction. – more... The challenging part of my job is there hasn't been a structure that works best for everyone in the office. I have taken my position and have built it from scratch and with a positive attitude I have been able to succeed. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the affiliates say. "well done Christabelle." – less
Challenging
PM (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: room to lead and really use your talents
Cons: bad management
Challenging place that is fast paced with new obstacles to overcome daily. Room to grow and always opportunites to learn more and improve processes for those that can keep up.
No Upward Movement, Continuous Executive Changes & Company Layoffs
Systems Specialist&Front End System Administration (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: being around a music based environment
Cons: no upward movement, no appreciation, always extra duties without compensation.
Enjoyed the work I did from day to day, in addition to the extra duties I was required to perform including some tasks I proactively took on. No upward movement, appreciation nor consideration for compensation for additional tasks/duties outside of typical job scope.No job security.
Stress-free
Voice Talent (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: independence
As voice talent I work remotely from my home studio. The convenience of independent contracting is unbeatable. I have no complaints about management or coworkers. Since we are in contact via e-mail and every now and then by telephone we all get along. I'm hard-pressed to find the hardest part of the job, but I can say with conviction that the most enjoyable – more... part of the job is everything! – less
Not a good company
Accounts Receivable/Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill SCFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: poor management
No professionalism. Management didn't know how to run the business. Declared bankruptcy then put 100's of people out of jobs due to poor management.
Great Corporate Culture
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 12, 2013
I love working for this company. Generous vacation, music playing everywhere, plus opportunity for growth.
A productive day at work
Accounts Receivables/Collections (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 9, 2013
Pros: good learning experience
Cons: temporary assignment
Call customers to ask about payment status and make payment arrangements on their past due accounts and assist with any questions they have.
Prodctive and innovative workplace
Marketing and Client Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 9, 2013
Mood Media prides itself in designing experiences and atmopsheres. The resources provided to employees allow us to do that and fulfill the clients expectations. Mood is a great company to work with in terms of people, company culture, and ability for growth.
Thriving and productive environment
Customer Care Center Manager (Former Employee), Fort Mill South CarolinaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: many company events that were fun and made the work environment very pleasant
This company offered many opportunities to advance. I gained a wealth of knowledge in the customer service field as well as technical techniques that I will carry with me for the remainder of my career. Working with various types of customers created experiences that I will never forget.
A Company that no longer cares!
Credit & Collections Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 18, 2013
Pros: 4 weeks pto
Cons: everything else
they pile the work load of 4 or 5 people onto 1 person and no your not compensated for the extra money your saving the company.
Nice place to work, super colleagues and very friendly environment
Divisional Controller (Former Employee), Audubon, PAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: decent benefits, good group of people
Cons: no 401k or retirement benefit contributions
Hectic but veru fulfilling pace of work.
Sometimes frustrating that decision making process was slower due to layers of management.
Co workers were very cooperative and helpful.
Dynamic industry leading global media company - redefining the in-store customer experience
SVP, Strategy, M&A, and New Ventures (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Growing firm with employees at the top of their respective professions
Great PTO
Ops (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 7, 2013
The company offers 4 weeks a year for paid time off and alright benefits if your single.