Moody's Investors Service Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience to start with
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
Great place to get credit analysis experience. Some analysts are really great with providing direction, others sometimes don't want to take the time. Work live balance is not bad and the culture is usually relaxed. Best to get the experience and move on; if you're looking for a place that will promote or advance, the chances are pretty slim. Moody's definitely hires more outside of the firm than promoting from within.
Pros
Great credit experience
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities for many
Na
business analyst (Current Employee) –  business analystJuly 27, 2015
I dont want to comment about the company . Please excuse. Not the best environment, people are ok , Company is ok, ok ok. I didnt have any expectations around the company.
Learned new technologies and communication with business
Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
I was part of challenging team and delivered tasks without defects on time. Our team developed and deployed projects to production environment.
Helathy work environment
Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  New yorkMarch 31, 2015
Great working culture and everybody i worked with is amazing. Work life balance is a concern. All the team members and subordinates are very helpful and appreciative.
Becoming more Corporate and less Personal
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
The company went from having a collegial, affirming work environment to being contentious and back-biting. As corporate revenue mushroomed, staff reshuffling and managerial indifference seemed to increase as well. Management would boast of the company's success and the size of the IT budget, and at the same time be very stingy when it came to training, development tools, and workstations. One thing they did well was to allow for work from home.
I felt that their technology was plagued by indecisiveness and a culture of inertia.
Pros
located in lower manhattan. robust business model.
Cons
penny wise, pound foolish.
Productive workplace and exciting learning
Sr. ORACLE DBA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Great management team, Provides excellent opportunity to grow independently and motivate people to steer to success.

Best location and great collection of technologies, fast moving in terms of adapting new technologies and implementing in time.
Think twice about working here
Vice President, Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Yor, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Senior management sucks big time. Bad initiatives with even worse IT. People are nice, but a real sweat shop. Looking to leave yesterday.
Pros
people, base salary
Cons
everything else
Great place if you want to learn throughout your career
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
Great place if you want to continue to learn throughout your career
Great Job
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Generate detailed financial and operational projections via Excel (i.e. revenue per region and product, expenses per headcount, expenses per department and project, capital expenditures)
Prepares and analyzes financial and tax accounts according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports
Quantitative analysis with regression and what-if scenarios
Analyzes records of operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
Develops, installs, and maintains reporting systems that provide control of tax expenditures.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
financial debacle
So-so company
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Diverse people and culture. Can be scarce on resources. Long working hours.
Pros
nice people
Cons
great place to enhance analytic skills
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
This is what I have accomplished, which self-explains how much hard worker can achieve from this place

Analyst - Loan-Level Research Team Leader, Residential MBS Surveillance July 2012 - Present
• Won Moody’s Structured Finance Research Award for two consecutive years. Selected publications out of 26:
- “Rising Home Prices Won’t Improve Subprime RMBS Loss Severities in 2014,” Moody’s ResiLandscape, 26 Mar. 2013.
- “Recoveries on Failed Modifications Higher than Average, Set to Rise More,” Moody’s ResiLandscape, 22 Feb. 2013.
• Improve accuracy of mortgage loss curve and cash flow projection by factoring in collateral risk profiles, servicer-specific advancing and loss mitigation practices, structural features, and macroeconomic trends
• Revamp Moody’s SQL algorithm on in-house and Lewtan mortgage loan-level data to calculate (re)default rate, loss severity, liquidation timeline, roll rate, modification rate, CPR, loan-to-value, and advancing rate

Associate Analyst, Residential MBS Surveillance Nov. 2010 - June 2012
• Analyzed 400+ MBS transactions backed by prime, subprime, Alt-A, option ARM, commercial, FHA-insured, or non-US mortgage, and 50+ resecuritized transactions; communicated collateral or structural risk to investors
• Created Servicer Metric, a unique indicator in RMBS industry to quantify and rank-order servicers’ performance, based on on-site servicer review, loan-level analysis of delinquent loan resolutions, and close dialogue with servicers
Working at Moody's
Creative Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Well established, stable company with global presence where financial analysts are well compensated but creatives are paid well below market rates.
Pros
benefits (health insurance, etc), free museum passes
Cons
creatives paid well below market
Safe job
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2014
If you want a stable job with no risk of getting fired or laid off then this is the place. It is also a good company to gather experience and leverage it to move to a better place after a few years.
Pros
dinner and car service after 7:30
Cons
compensation
Productive Workplace
Issuer Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2014
*Talking directly for analysts regarding debt instrument ratings.
*Co Workers were very supportive and fun to be around.
*Talking to customers regarding billing and pricing was not easy.
Good work life balance
Strategic Planning Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Very good work-life balance. Co-workers are nice. Progression is slow.
Average work place. Initiatives taken to advance are not rewarded
Debt Issuer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2013
Their pay is on par with the industry averages. Location is very nice. There is security in the building. And you can make good friends.

As far as career advancement is concerned there is none. You could be over qualified for a job and you may take initiative by working on complicated projects but these efforts are not appreciated.

Management is too old fashioned and many managers have been running the show for much too long. Perhaps they need some new blood.
Not the greatest place to work.
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2013
The corporate culture is a bit awkward and advancement opportunities aren't great.
Stable and growing company.
Supervisor-Information Management Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
answer Information Center emails, gather documents for analysts who are reviewing a company, Update attendance tracking database for employees,over see we have all staff covering phones and email inquiries.
Pros
always changing and updating to provide better services.
Cons
commuting to the city.
Enjoyed working with such great people, they taught me alot.
Senior Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
My day would begin with my checking my e-mails and seeing if I had any requests for CD's or print products. I learned how to work on a website and I also learned how to burn CD's with information. I can not say enough kind and wonderful words for my management. They were very understanding of my situation. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work late at night from home and test the website to make sure it was running properly. The most enjoyable part was learning so many new things and being able to apply what I learned to my position.
Good workplace with solid work/life balance
Lead Financial Data Analyst - Public Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2013
For the most part, I enjoy working there. My coworkers are great, get along with all of them. Management can tend to be on top of you too much and focus on things that aren't as important (in other words, micromanaging). Hours are usually 9-5, which gives me a good work/life balance.