Moody's Investors Service Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience to start with
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
Great place to get credit analysis experience. Some analysts are really great with providing direction, others sometimes don't want to take the time. Work live balance is not bad and the culture is usually relaxed. Best to get the experience and move on; if you're looking for a place that will promote or advance, the chances are pretty slim. Moody's definitely hires more outside of the firm than promoting from within.
Pros
Great credit experience
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities for many
Think twice about working here
Vice President, Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Yor, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Senior management sucks big time. Bad initiatives with even worse IT. People are nice, but a real sweat shop. Looking to leave yesterday.
Pros
people, base salary
Cons
everything else
Becoming more Corporate and less Personal
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
The company went from having a collegial, affirming work environment to being contentious and back-biting. As corporate revenue mushroomed, staff reshuffling and managerial indifference seemed to increase as well. Management would boast of the company's success and the size of the IT budget, and at the same time be very stingy when it came to training, development tools, and workstations. One thing they did well was to allow for work from home.
I felt that their technology was plagued by indecisiveness and a culture of inertia.
Pros
located in lower manhattan. robust business model.
Cons
penny wise, pound foolish.
Safe job
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2014
If you want a stable job with no risk of getting fired or laid off then this is the place. It is also a good company to gather experience and leverage it to move to a better place after a few years.
Pros
dinner and car service after 7:30
Cons
compensation
Working at Moody's
Creative Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Well established, stable company with global presence where financial analysts are well compensated but creatives are paid well below market rates.
Pros
benefits (health insurance, etc), free museum passes
Cons
creatives paid well below market
Na
business analyst (Current Employee) –  business analystJuly 27, 2015
I dont want to comment about the company . Please excuse. Not the best environment, people are ok , Company is ok, ok ok. I didnt have any expectations around the company.
Helathy work environment
Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  New yorkMarch 31, 2015
Great working culture and everybody i worked with is amazing. Work life balance is a concern. All the team members and subordinates are very helpful and appreciative.
Average work place. Initiatives taken to advance are not rewarded
Debt Issuer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2013
Their pay is on par with the industry averages. Location is very nice. There is security in the building. And you can make good friends.

As far as career advancement is concerned there is none. You could be over qualified for a job and you may take initiative by working on complicated projects but these efforts are not appreciated.

Management is too old fashioned and many managers have been running the show for much too long. Perhaps they need some new blood.
Learned new technologies and communication with business
Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
I was part of challenging team and delivered tasks without defects on time. Our team developed and deployed projects to production environment.
Moodys provided the best credit analysis training in the industry.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2012
Because of Moodys, I was able to advance in the bond credit industry. Their training was well known within the industry. It was because of training that allowed me to venture off to more challenging field of bond insurance. Management was always supportive of analysts and hard work was rewarded with advancements.
Pros
great company environment, recognized hard work and dedication.
Cons
credit analysis was limited within rating agency
Productive workplace and exciting learning
Sr. ORACLE DBA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Great management team, Provides excellent opportunity to grow independently and motivate people to steer to success.

Best location and great collection of technologies, fast moving in terms of adapting new technologies and implementing in time.
Good workplace with solid work/life balance
Lead Financial Data Analyst - Public Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2013
For the most part, I enjoy working there. My coworkers are great, get along with all of them. Management can tend to be on top of you too much and focus on things that aren't as important (in other words, micromanaging). Hours are usually 9-5, which gives me a good work/life balance.
Good training, most people enjoy a good work life balance, orginization and pay is very flat
Associate Analyst, Corporate Finance Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Great credit training and exposure to the market. Company is experiencing alot of regulatory changes. Experiance and hours can very widely depending on the group you work in,
Pros
more laid back than most financial firms. some people enjoy a good work life balance
Cons
pay is below market, very hard to get promoted, extra effort and work is not rewarded, managers are very removed from day to day
Enjoyed working with such great people, they taught me alot.
Senior Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
My day would begin with my checking my e-mails and seeing if I had any requests for CD's or print products. I learned how to work on a website and I also learned how to burn CD's with information. I can not say enough kind and wonderful words for my management. They were very understanding of my situation. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work late at night from home and test the website to make sure it was running properly. The most enjoyable part was learning so many new things and being able to apply what I learned to my position.
Great Job
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Generate detailed financial and operational projections via Excel (i.e. revenue per region and product, expenses per headcount, expenses per department and project, capital expenditures)
Prepares and analyzes financial and tax accounts according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports
Quantitative analysis with regression and what-if scenarios
Analyzes records of operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
Develops, installs, and maintains reporting systems that provide control of tax expenditures.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
financial debacle
So-so company
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Diverse people and culture. Can be scarce on resources. Long working hours.
Pros
nice people
Decent - Great Hours and Job Security
Procurement Manager, Procurement & Sourcing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Decent - Great Hours and Job Security, poor management not much room for advancement
Pros
decent - great hours and job security
Cons
poor management
Great place if you want to learn throughout your career
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
Great place if you want to continue to learn throughout your career
Sr. Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2013
Enjoyed working here. Co Workers are very supportive and helpful. Learn t a lot from the management and colleagues.
Pros
hv team lunches and get togethers
Cons
coffee breaks and healthcare is good.
Good work life balance
Strategic Planning Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Very good work-life balance. Co-workers are nice. Progression is slow.