Moody's Investors Service

Moody's Investors Service Employee Reviews

Learned new technologies and communication with business
Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2015
I was part of challenging team and delivered tasks without defects on time. Our team developed and deployed projects to production environment.
Helathy work environment
Asst Manager (Current Employee), New yorkMarch 31, 2015
Great working culture and everybody i worked with is amazing. Work life balance is a concern. All the team members and subordinates are very helpful and appreciative.
Becoming more Corporate and less Personal
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: located in lower manhattan. robust business model.
Cons: penny wise, pound foolish.
The company went from having a collegial, affirming work environment to being contentious and back-biting. As corporate revenue mushroomed, staff reshuffling and managerial indifference seemed to increase as well. Management would boast of the company's success and the size of the IT budget, and at the same time be very stingy when it came to training, development tools, and workstations. One thing they did well was to allow for work from home.
I felt that their technology was plagued by indecisiveness and a culture of inertia.
Productive workplace and exciting learning
Sr. ORACLE DBA (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Great management team, Provides excellent opportunity to grow independently and motivate people to steer to success.

Best location and great collection of technologies, fast moving in terms of adapting new technologies and implementing in time.
Think twice about working here
Vice President, Senior Analyst (Current Employee), New Yor, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: people, base salary
Cons: everything else
Senior management sucks big time. Bad initiatives with even worse IT. People are nice, but a real sweat shop. Looking to leave yesterday.
Great place if you want to learn throughout your career
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
Great place if you want to continue to learn throughout your career
Great Job
Operations Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: financial debacle
Generate detailed financial and operational projections via Excel (i.e. revenue per region and product, expenses per headcount, expenses per department and project, capital expenditures)
Prepares and analyzes financial and tax accounts according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports
Quantitative analysis with regression and what-if scenarios
Analyzes records of operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
Develops, installs, and maintains reporting systems that provide control of tax expenditures.
So-so company
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: long hours
Diverse people and culture. Can be scarce on resources. Long working hours.
Working at Moody's
Creative Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits (health insurance, etc), free museum passes
Cons: creatives paid well below market
Well established, stable company with global presence where financial analysts are well compensated but creatives are paid well below market rates.
Safe job
Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Pros: dinner and car service after 7:30
Cons: compensation
If you want a stable job with no risk of getting fired or laid off then this is the place. It is also a good company to gather experience and leverage it to move to a better place after a few years.
Productive Workplace
Issuer Relations Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2014
*Talking directly for analysts regarding debt instrument ratings.
*Co Workers were very supportive and fun to be around.
*Talking to customers regarding billing and pricing was not easy.
Good work life balance
Strategic Planning Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Very good work-life balance. Co-workers are nice. Progression is slow.
Average work place. Initiatives taken to advance are not rewarded
Debt Issuer Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 24, 2013
Their pay is on par with the industry averages. Location is very nice. There is security in the building. And you can make good friends.

As far as career advancement is concerned there is none. You could be over qualified for a job and you may take initiative by working on complicated projects but these efforts are not appreciated.

Management is too old fashioned and many managers have been running the show for much too long. Perhaps they need some new blood.
Not the greatest place to work.
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2013
The corporate culture is a bit awkward and advancement opportunities aren't great.
Sr. Technical Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: hv team lunches and get togethers
Cons: coffee breaks and healthcare is good.
Enjoyed working here. Co Workers are very supportive and helpful. Learn t a lot from the management and colleagues.
Stable and growing company.
Supervisor-Information Management Group (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: always changing and updating to provide better services.
Cons: commuting to the city.
answer Information Center emails, gather documents for analysts who are reviewing a company, Update attendance tracking database for employees,over see we have all staff covering phones and email inquiries.
Enjoyed working with such great people, they taught me alot.
Senior Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
My day would begin with my checking my e-mails and seeing if I had any requests for CD's or print products. I learned how to work on a website and I also learned how to burn CD's with information. I can not say enough kind and wonderful words for my management. They were very understanding of my situation. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work late at night from home and test the website to make sure it was running properly. The most enjoyable part was learning so many new things and being able to apply what I learned to my position.
Good workplace with solid work/life balance
Lead Financial Data Analyst - Public Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2013
For the most part, I enjoy working there. My coworkers are great, get along with all of them. Management can tend to be on top of you too much and focus on things that aren't as important (in other words, micromanaging). Hours are usually 9-5, which gives me a good work/life balance.
Great Place to Work!
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2013
By far the most rewarding job I have ever had. Very, Very happy!
Decent - Great Hours and Job Security
Procurement Manager, Procurement & Sourcing (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: decent - great hours and job security
Cons: poor management
Decent - Great Hours and Job Security, poor management not much room for advancement

About Moody's Investors Service

Across Asia Pacific, Moody's is an integral part of the financial landscape, rating most of the region's cross-border issues. – Read more

Moody's Investors Service Salaries