Moody Bible Institute Employee Reviews

Great place to learn.
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Good place to learn to grow in my craft. Work with professional equipment and do live productions along with other promotional materials.
Most enjoyable workplace I've ever had the privilege to serve at.
Part-time Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
This place is a dream workplace for any serious Christian to work at. I love how they treated me there. I could enlist the help and mentorship of any of my experienced colleagues and obtain their feedback on my work--big or small.
Pros
Mentorship available to whoever wants it.
Cons
Hiring process can be tedious
Fun workplace to develop professional and leadership skills
Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
This company provided me with advancements throughout my time to grow up in the company. They entrusted me with new projects and telecommunication campaigns to assign leads for Admissions Staff. Relaxing and challenging work environment will tangible goals and outcomes to strive for.
Pros
Flexible scheduling around class schedule
Great people, great atmosphere, great purpose
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Moody Bible Institute was a great place to work! It would rate it the highest in my work experience. The management team was personable and professional. The welfare of the employees and customers was at the highest level.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Straightforward
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2015
MBI is straightforward with what they expect and genuinely come alongside to help and train. I enjoyed my superiors and how they treat you
Wonderful place to work
Welcome Center Guest Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
Moody is a wonderful organization to work for. I've found coworkers who will be lifelong friends. My time at Moody has allowed me to grow and hone my administrative skills.
Great place to work. Great people to work with.
Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Depending on the day, or night, working security can be a toss up. You can be sitting at a security desk for a long period of time, or you could be working the patrol shift and be walking around.
I've learned how important security can be, especially in a place like a college. It takes commitment and dedication when dealing with the safety of people's lives.
My co-workers are all great people, including the management. I never had any problems with anyone on my team.
I would say the hardest part of the job is always being being prepared for any situation. Yes, that is why you go through training. But training does not prepare you when you are in the moment of an actual safety situation. Sometimes that kind of mindset is a bit discouraging. BUT if you follow your training, you will realize how prepared you really are.
The best part of my job was getting to meet lots of people. Once you've worked there for a while, people begin to notice you and remember your name. Me being a people person really enjoyed that aspect.
Fun place to work and grow at the same time
Special event set-up crew member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Moody Bible institute Chicago, IL.USA.
I wish I would be able to work it as a full time employee. But since, I am an international student from Pakistan. So, I only got the opportunity to work part-time in Facilities department in Special event set-up crew.
Through this job I learned how to serve your clients in an effective and efficient manner. Moreover, in a hectic routine how to handle stress and get the job done at the same time.
Pros
care about employees
Cons
need improvement in management
Great place to work. Excellent co-workers
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
*Typical day at work - Servicing the public.
*What you learned - Conflict resolution
*Management - Christian management staff
*Your co-workers - Easy to work with
*The hardest part of the job - Nothing
*The most emjoyable part of the job - Working with the public.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement plan
Cons
limited advancement potential
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
It's a good place to work. This is a Christian school which promotes the studying of the Bible. Many people have graduated from this school and have went on to accomplish great missionary works. The workload was heavy and there was much problem solving involved along with supervising part-time employees. There many times to work during evenings, weekends and also had to participate in the yearly commencement exercises.
Pros
Good mission goals.
Cons
long work hours, weekends, and evenings.
Fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
Moody Bible Institute is a seminary and it is a nice place to work. Job security is the same at Moody as any other organization. No job is guaranteed to last forever. They are not exempt from laying off employees due to their budget or the economy's recession.
Residence Life
Residence Life Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2014
Great college jobs - res life is the best department to work in.
As a Site Coordinator and Student the class/work is very enlightening
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MiApril 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexiblity that is allowed if required, interaction with the students, assigments, and instructor.
Pros
Students are cooperative, Instructor offer great tools that assist with the assignments, based on life experience and management
Cons
Work/Studies can extend until 9:30 pm
The most rewarding job I have ever had
Pacific NW Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2013
Called on donors, thanking them for partnering with Moody Bible Institute, and assisting with estate planning ideas and arrangements if they wanted to remember MBI at their death. The management and support network was outstanding. My coworkers were other Field Representatives from other parts of the country and, again, were outstanding. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone who wanted help. It also was difficult to be away from my home for several days at a time, but I was almost always home on the weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist others to be able to extend their impact and influence for good beyond their lifetime.
good with Biblical morales
Self- Employed/ Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2013
Great Place.I am still there.I learned about how to study, read Koine Greek.
great environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  chicagoMay 27, 2013
good place to learn about God!
I enjoyed the time and work space i aquired as a staff
I enjoyed the team environment and variety of work -- something different every day!
Custodian/ Bookstore Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2013
In a typical evening, we'd first get together as a group; after someone would say a short devotional and prayer, we'd be given our assignments. Although I enjoyed the varied cleaning tasks, the relationships I built was an added bonus!
Family friendly environment
Tax Coordinator Fiduciary income tax returns (Former Employee) –  chicago, ILOctober 1, 2012
A typical day entails finishing income taxes and computing sale taxes. Also, you are encouraged to help out other departments. There is a strong culture of education and learning. This company takes time for its employees. There is a health clinic on site if needed. The employees come from diverse backgrounds.
The hardest part of this job was the commute. The management needs to improvement but still was good.

The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with the other employees. The employees of this organization truly care about one another and your family. Everyone is extremely friendly and kind.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
long commute
I worked with the greatest people and made life long friendships
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2012
Provided customer service to students of a Independent Study Degree program. Processed payments, returns,student accounts, and data entry of student information.
Pros
my peers, and my managers.
Cons
no room for advancement
Great team to work with
Station Manager, WRMB (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 10, 2012
I learned so much about radio in this job. Working with affiliate radio stations and stations owned and operated by Moody Bible Institute. I was able to network with so many radio stations and agencies. This was a benefit when I needed some advise or help because I knew who I could go to.
My first Job here was as Director of Network Development, then as assistant to the manager of Broadcast Station before becoming manager of station WRMB in Florida.
Pros
great working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody Bible Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6