Moody Bible Institute Employee Reviews

Good for students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
Moody Bible Institute was a good place to work because it was the only place I could legally work as a student. There were no benefits, but it was a good job for a college student.
Fun Culture and People
Carpenter & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
Enjoyed always different daily projects.
Learned a lot of maintenance work that I still use around the house.
Very friendly management.
Enjoyed a 30-minute weekly devotion meetings, lots of good team encouragement, and different stories.
Pros
Free employment recognition lunches
Cons
Good place to work with challenges
Head Dept. Assistant, Intercultural Studies Dept (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
It was a good place to be challenged and take on more responsibility.
Management was very convoluted and confusing at times. I did appreciate the ability to be a self starter.
Productive and positive environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
I answered phones and dispatched jobs. I learned how to communicate better with people. The management did a great job of managing the staff. The workplace culture was positive and encouraging every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being at the job.
It is a Christian Institution with friendly people to work with.
Perform data entry (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I enjoy working at the MBI. The people are friendly and the environment is clean. MBI has a good benefit package and they have a great level of respect for the employees.
It was a great work place.
Commons Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Loved the the school and getting to serve the student body. The staff were all very caring and considerate of others. The managers were all very thoughtful as well.
A wonderful enviroment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2017
Moody Bible Institute is a wonderful company with a fantastic mission. They treat every member of the community well and include everyone willing in their honorable mission.
Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 28, 2017
As Site Coordinator I am charged with promoting Moody Bible Institute within the Community and with other Church Organizations. I am responsible for registration, class updates, setting expectation, recommending classes/course studies based on students request as well as Bookkeeping/Account Receivable duties.
Pros
Free Classes
Cons
Classes are only 6 weeks
Moody Bible Institute
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
This is a good place to work if you're Christian and dedicated to doing the Lord's work in a professional environment. Moody is dedicated to world evangelism as well as helping those who are less unfortunate here in Chicago. They have many programs that would fit those who want to work in a Christian environment.
Pros
Good perks, free workout center, free parking.
Cons
location is not the greatest
Great job!
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Good boss, great atmosphere and fun projects. Definitely an irreplaceable experience during my time in Chicago. Work included video editing, packaging and handing packages over.
Great place to learn.
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Good place to learn to grow in my craft. Work with professional equipment and do live productions along with other promotional materials.
Most enjoyable workplace I've ever had the privilege to serve at.
Part-time Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
This place is a dream workplace for any serious Christian to work at. I love how they treated me there. I could enlist the help and mentorship of any of my experienced colleagues and obtain their feedback on my work--big or small.
Pros
Mentorship available to whoever wants it.
Cons
Hiring process can be tedious
Fun workplace to develop professional and leadership skills
Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
This company provided me with advancements throughout my time to grow up in the company. They entrusted me with new projects and telecommunication campaigns to assign leads for Admissions Staff. Relaxing and challenging work environment will tangible goals and outcomes to strive for.
Pros
Flexible scheduling around class schedule
Great people, great atmosphere, great purpose
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Moody Bible Institute was a great place to work! It would rate it the highest in my work experience. The management team was personable and professional. The welfare of the employees and customers was at the highest level.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Straightforward
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2015
MBI is straightforward with what they expect and genuinely come alongside to help and train. I enjoyed my superiors and how they treat you
Wonderful place to work
Welcome Center Guest Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
Moody is a wonderful organization to work for. I've found coworkers who will be lifelong friends. My time at Moody has allowed me to grow and hone my administrative skills.
Great place to work. Great people to work with.
Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Depending on the day, or night, working security can be a toss up. You can be sitting at a security desk for a long period of time, or you could be working the patrol shift and be walking around.
I've learned how important security can be, especially in a place like a college. It takes commitment and dedication when dealing with the safety of people's lives.
My co-workers are all great people, including the management. I never had any problems with anyone on my team.
I would say the hardest part of the job is always being being prepared for any situation. Yes, that is why you go through training. But training does not prepare you when you are in the moment of an actual safety situation. Sometimes that kind of mindset is a bit discouraging. BUT if you follow your training, you will realize how prepared you really are.
The best part of my job was getting to meet lots of people. Once you've worked there for a while, people begin to notice you and remember your name. Me being a people person really enjoyed that aspect.
Fun place to work and grow at the same time
Special event set-up crew member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Moody Bible institute Chicago, IL.USA.
I wish I would be able to work it as a full time employee. But since, I am an international student from Pakistan. So, I only got the opportunity to work part-time in Facilities department in Special event set-up crew.
Through this job I learned how to serve your clients in an effective and efficient manner. Moreover, in a hectic routine how to handle stress and get the job done at the same time.
Pros
care about employees
Cons
need improvement in management
Great place to work. Excellent co-workers
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
*Typical day at work - Servicing the public.
*What you learned - Conflict resolution
*Management - Christian management staff
*Your co-workers - Easy to work with
*The hardest part of the job - Nothing
*The most emjoyable part of the job - Working with the public.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement plan
Cons
limited advancement potential
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
It's a good place to work. This is a Christian school which promotes the studying of the Bible. Many people have graduated from this school and have went on to accomplish great missionary works. The workload was heavy and there was much problem solving involved along with supervising part-time employees. There many times to work during evenings, weekends and also had to participate in the yearly commencement exercises.
Pros
Good mission goals.
Cons
long work hours, weekends, and evenings.