Moody National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 18, 2015
Pay is bare minimum. While work is overloaded. High turnover rate in this company. No job security. A lot of office politics and gossip throughout the corporate office. No leadership. Positions and promotions based on favoritism and bias. The people that work get handed more work, while the people who are lazy do nothing all day. Low job satisfaction. Low career advancement, especially for women. Feel like you are working in the 70s or 80s. High up Officers get treated better than lower staff members. Technology is very old-school and outdated.
Pros
Vacation & personal time benefits are okay
Cons
How the whole bank is run. Very old way of doing things
great place to work
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  galveston, txMay 29, 2016
This bank is a good place to work. The work is steady and coworkers are great. It is a team player environment. The company has recently made changed to make the front line staff be able to optimize their pay by offering selling bonuses.
teller
teller/fraud clerk (Former Employee) –  main branchJuly 18, 2016
worked there for 2 yrs n 6 months and started working during the no sales period then was thrust into the sales focus drive to increase accounts at the branch . with weekly sales goals pitted against co workers having everyone's sales results emailed to entire bank each week so if your sales were down everyone looked at you like you were a slacker and made comments about each other! the worst training, uneducated management , plenty of favoritism and gossip girls setting.talking about customers in front of other customers, nicknaming customers and looking at customers accounts to see what balances they had !lots of breaches in customer information security by teller to tellers!!! shocking with the lack of business priority and poor information security!! if you work at the main branch was told hrs were 8-5 Mon thru Friday then after on the job training my hrs were changed every week to what ever was needed and even at other branches I had questioned this practice and was told if the hrs don't suit me then look for another job by management! was looking for another teller job when I was fired reason I was not working to optimum performance and did not fit into the office environment ,which meant that I did not befriend the manager and her "team", so if you don't want drama in your life run from this job at Moody Bank
Pros
last Friday of the month the bank pays for your luch up to 10.00
Cons
if you work downtown you have to pay for your own parking
not a good place to move up
Banking Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Didn't get much help from upper managment. Always changes due to many people stealing from the bank. Customers were forced to close thier accounts. The company need to not hire so many family, so others could have a fair chance of work. I would never go back.
Pros
got free tickets
Taking it slow on the Island
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I met many great professionals and learned so much but the compensation and benefits were poor and there was only so far you can go in the company.

All in all, a great company that definitely fits the Island Lifestyle.
Pros
family friendly, free lunch fridays, flexible, secure
A exceptional business, opportunities for advancement in knowledge and experience
Senior Teller / Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 20, 2014
My start each day with a smile and a mindset that it is a beautiful day. I begin with logging in my system, pulling a cash drawer, balancing cash drawer, checking night drop and mail to be logged and processed. Assisting customers with a smile, answering phone calls and directing them to the departments. Assisting co-workers and management in any projects. I have learned a various systems and ways of handling customers accounts. The hardest part of the job is to leave. I enjoy working that I do not want to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with great co-workers and customers. I feel like we are a family. We are still professionals, however we still have a pleasant environment.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
i am a perfectionist. i always strive for completeness and accuracy in everything i do. i realize, though, that no one is perfect, but i strive to do exceptional work.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson TexasJanuary 6, 2012
They like to promote within the bank when ever possible.Management supports branch employees whether is be with training or decision made at the branch level.
Financial Services Representative
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TxJanuary 15, 2014
• Opened and maintain new accounts, balance vault accounts, teller, deposits, withdrawals, cashier’s checks, check ordering and safety deposit box

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9