Moog, Inc

Moog, Inc United States Employee Reviews

Excellent company with bright future
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Solid company with outstanding personnel. I worked there twice and would work for them again if the opportunity arises.
Great experience in many fields of engineering
Senior Test Equipment Design Engineer (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 27, 2015
My career at Moog provided exposure to a variety of technology and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with many talented people.
Do As I say NOT as I do Culture, POOR MANAGEMENT
Former Project Engineer (Former Employee), East Aurora NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: ruthless kiss butt management
The product is of interest in a modern Technology sense thus making the job having worth. However, the management and favoritism is truly the biggest down fall of Moog. Moog is built on nepotism which employees are hired because of who they know NOT what they know. The Managers need to be cleaned out so the place can be run by persons other than the good old buddy system.
Good Luck, No Growth unless your Daddy is someone there !
Great job culture but poor management and not much room for growth
Electrical Development Design Engineer (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: management, available work, no room for growth (technically and career)
A typical day at work depends upon how busy the company is. Work is very cyclical and there can be periods where no work is available and the day consists of absolutely no productivity. The system in which Moog employees charge time can be very convoluted. Employees must charge work order numbers in order to document the time spent at work. If no work is available employees must charge overhead. During the lulls of work, supervisors seem reluctant to allow employees to use their time for self-improvement activates such as research and development. Supervisors would rather the employees charge overhead and do nothing then take initiative to self-improve.

Management is also very convoluted. Sometimes it is difficult to point out superiority within the company, and half the engineering team (or more) have never met the director of engineering personally. There are also many instances where managers have backgrounds that do not make sense for the positions they hold. Examples would be a manager with a mechanical engineering background managing an electrical engineering manufacturing facility.

The best part about the company are the co-workers. Everyone is very friendly and it is somewhat of a rarity to find someone that is not pleasant to work with.
Moog Inc. 6 stars
Machinist (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: pay, atmosphere, people, interesting work.
Cons: no smoking room with massage recliners, and flat screen television.
After having problems at former employer for the first time in my life, some personal, and health problems I decided to answer an opening at Moog Aircraft East Aurora, NY. Although a new aspect of my trade,I had by far the worst performance at any shop I`ve worked. Some snickers were expected, but for the most part, my bosses and co-workers are being thanked tremendously, for giving me the help, support and confidence I needed to finally feel I was doing my job. Now, although still not fully back to myself, I feel I will be soon. Instead of the final nail, so to speak, I again found descent people wanting to see me succeed, not try to destroy. After all, you spend approx. 1/3 of your life with your co-workers. Sincere gratitude again to everyone at Moog.
I love working for Moog. It is considered one of the best companies in the world.
Ron Morlock, Supervisor-x2591 (Current Employee), Elma, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: they trust you when it comes to doing your job.
Cons: i don't have any problems with this company.
Moog is a very good company employee wise and customer wise.
Undoubtedly the best company I have ever worked for.
Component Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent heath care and benefits.
Cons: feast or famine type business, depending on the contracts won.
Moog Inc. has previously made the 100 best places to work list. The Bill Moog culture is one of mutual trust, with no time clocks to punch, business casual attire, lots of green-space and a comfortable work environment. Typically the managers do not micro-manage, rather they hire qualified people, give them the tools they need and let them do their job. The people at Moog Inc. are exceptionally helpful and hard working. They are like family.
Many good opportunities for growth and wonderful people to work with
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2014
I have enjoyed working at MOOG and have been treated with respect and fairness throughout my employment here.

I have learned skills that are transportable to other employers and have developed many friendships with co-workers.
Not Bad
Contract Employee (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pretty good place to work. I was contract so if you don't know, its a love hate thing. I liked the people, and the atmosphere, and to be honest it was fun working on all the different stuff they have.
JUST A REALLY BAD PLACE TO WORK.
MATERIAL HANDLER/DISPATCH (Former Employee), Torrance, CaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: bad bad management, excluding repair and overhaul.
An aweful experience, no moral standard to be found.Just bad disrespectful managers who love to lie...especially the materials manager and racist shipping and receiving supervisor. Run from this place and dont look back.
terrible place to work
manufacturing tech (Former Employee), Torrance, caOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free food and parties
Cons: everything work related
All management= egotistical and incompetent
The people back stab each other in free of losing their jobs. Constant threats to contact employees. Management encourages snitching. Kiss enough butt you'll definitely be rewarded until she can no longer use you.
Awesome Local Company Culture
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: breaks are encouraged and activities provided
Cons: job security
typical day of work is 50/50 split of at desk activities and hands on work out in the lab. awesome local management and coworkers. globally not the same story….
Test Engineer, Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: ping pong club, go cart club
Cons: poor job security if you're not at the corporate office.
Moog is a great place to work. They helped me get through school by allowing me to work less than 40 hours but still gave me some benefits. My coworkers are great people who respect one another and encourage each other to succeed. My supervisors on occassion give me projects that might be out of my comfort zone. However I end up liking this because it helps me to develop new skills and talents.
Very Good Internship!
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYSeptember 24, 2014
This company is a great company to work for. Not only is their culture a great one to be a part of it is also a great work environment!
Technically Challenging, Great People But Upper-management-challenged
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great people, technically challenging
Cons: has had a feeling of instability for several years now
A typical day more Mech Design Engr. is creating very challenging designs in terms of performance, weight, etc. to meet customer requirements. While at Moog I have definitely sharpened my technical skills and have learned things which will benefit me (and new employer) in my next career move.
Technical management is very competent but business management by others, not so much. The most difficult part of job is implementing design corrections/changes for products that are already fielded. Sometimes requires delicate customer interaction. The initial conceptual/preliminary design phase is usually the most enjoyable since that is where most of the creativity is. Also I would have to say another enjoyable part of job is interacting with my co-workers. In general I would say they are "the best of the best". They are all very competent and are fun to work with.
Moog
Production Worker (Current Employee), Blacksburg VASeptember 9, 2014
My days currently consists of stacking, harnessing, potting, inspection, visuals, lock wiring, soldering/ solder sleeves, alignment of brush blocks, cleaning of slip rings, working with customers (when they visit), training, using a blueprint, dimensions, and shipping.
This was a Temp Service Assignment
Systems Analyst (Contracted) (Former Employee), Elma NYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: company sponsored cafeteria
Cons: knowing that it would all come to an end
19 years ago it was a pretty enjoyable experience
How to earn a living without having to relocate
Friendly and Direct
this was a temp assignment. Didn't feel like I had co-workers
Driving all the way to Elma during the winter
Accomplishing my tasks
Friendly easy-going atmosphere
Process Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Elma, NYAugust 21, 2014
Great place to gain experience as an intern. Friendly management and more than just your mentor is willing to lend a hand to help you learn more and grow as an individual.
Senior Space Avionics Inspector (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: challanging
Cons: 50-60 hour weeks
Moog-Broadreach is a good place to work, it's fast paced, and there's plenty of overtime and slightly understaffed. Moog corporate really cares about their employees and the benefits are good.
innovative, high tech, interesting, changing, great culture
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Blacksburg, VirginiaJuly 31, 2014
Each day presented challenges with goals, deadlines, and an ever changing environment.

1 2 3

About Moog, Inc

We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s – Read more

Moog, Inc Salaries