Moog, Inc

Moog, Inc Employee Reviews

Big outfit
Electro-mechanical Assembler Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Well Established
Cons: Only care about profits
Moog acquired a company I worked for and closed the doors on us. They were genuine in the beginning, but as time went on, like all corporate giants, the smaller outfit became a casualty of the industry. The crazy part about closing our division is that they didn't even send upper management to break the news to us. But overall they honored the longevity of all the employees and gave us a mediocre severance package. Cut our Benefits, before they supposed to and never told us. All in all... It's a well established giant that looks to buy smaller technology that they can profit from and if they don't, they'll just shut the doors and move on to the next. NOTE: John Scannell is a terrible leader compared to his predecessor.
Was a nice place to work
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Chatsworth califJuly 14, 2015
Did documents for the eng group. was also a checker of documents to make sure document changes were correct. the hardest part of the job was not being trained in other fields. the most enjoyable part was working with co workers
nice place to work
Experienced and dedicated medical assistant (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: nice work schedule
Cons: lack of job security
I enjoyed my job except for the lack of security, I gained experience in blood draws and other medical procedures, enjoyed my co-workers, I enjoyed working with the employees the hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the paperwork
Productive and fun loving work colture
EMI & EMC Engineer (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJune 21, 2015
Pros: Overall excellent
Cons: New Yorker style
Over all excellent company to work for... Excellent team and individual work environment. I learnt EMC design solutions to prepare EMC control plan. Learned and practiced EMI / EMC especially HIRF and Lightning requirements negotiation skills with MOOG Inc.'s product procuring companies e.g., Lockheed Martin, Boeing and other major companies that formed Ultra light vehicle alliance (ULA).
Great location and good co-workers
Senior Engineer - Contract (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good location
Cons: Hot location
Standard 8 hour day. Get some experience using OOP. Poorly managed location. Hardest part was working the some of the FPGA design engineers.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYMay 15, 2015
great pace with great co-workers. benefits are unmatched. was only an intern so did not get the full experience. However from what i did see and do it was an amazing place
Moog Summary
IT Distributive Mainframe Co-Op (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYMay 4, 2015
When working at Moog Inc, I was a co-op, and therefore I did not receive the same benefits as a full time salary employee. That being said, i did enjoy the working environment; regardless of your position with the company, everyone addressed one another on a first name basis That degree of informality lead to a more comfortable working experience. The co-workers were pretty friendly as well; many of them were willing to organize extra curricular activities (such as different recreational sports teams). Moog was my first exposure to the corporate environment, and one of the most valuable lessons were the simple do's and don'ts for any corporate job (such as communication being an essential driver for completing tasks correctly and efficiently).
Not a happy place to work for.
Test technician (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYApril 26, 2015
Pros: Moderate pay, much overtime.
Cons: Little opprtunity for advancement.
Good coworkers but not the best managers. Upper management seemed not to care about workers. Managers were a bit cut throat. Demanding hours, as in daily overtime and 13 days on 1 day off. Many temps with few being made full time regular employees.
Excellent company with bright future
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Solid company with outstanding personnel. I worked there twice and would work for them again if the opportunity arises.
Great experience in many fields of engineering
Senior Test Equipment Design Engineer (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 27, 2015
My career at Moog provided exposure to a variety of technology and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with many talented people.
Do As I say NOT as I do Culture, POOR MANAGEMENT
Former Project Engineer (Former Employee), East Aurora NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: ruthless kiss butt management
The product is of interest in a modern Technology sense thus making the job having worth. However, the management and favoritism is truly the biggest down fall of Moog. Moog is built on nepotism which employees are hired because of who they know NOT what they know. The Managers need to be cleaned out so the place can be run by persons other than the good old buddy system.
Good Luck, No Growth unless your Daddy is someone there !
Great job culture but poor management and not much room for growth
Electrical Development Design Engineer (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: management, available work, no room for growth (technically and career)
A typical day at work depends upon how busy the company is. Work is very cyclical and there can be periods where no work is available and the day consists of absolutely no productivity. The system in which Moog employees charge time can be very convoluted. Employees must charge work order numbers in order to document the time spent at work. If no work is available employees must charge overhead. During the lulls of work, supervisors seem reluctant to allow employees to use their time for self-improvement activates such as research and development. Supervisors would rather the employees charge overhead and do nothing then take initiative to self-improve.

Management is also very convoluted. Sometimes it is difficult to point out superiority within the company, and half the engineering team (or more) have never met the director of engineering personally. There are also many instances where managers have backgrounds that do not make sense for the positions they hold. Examples would be a manager with a mechanical engineering background managing an electrical engineering manufacturing facility.

The best part about the company are the co-workers. Everyone is very friendly and it is somewhat of a rarity to find someone that is not pleasant to work with.
Moog Inc. 6 stars
Machinist (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: pay, atmosphere, people, interesting work.
Cons: no smoking room with massage recliners, and flat screen television.
After having problems at former employer for the first time in my life, some personal, and health problems I decided to answer an opening at Moog Aircraft East Aurora, NY. Although a new aspect of my trade,I had by far the worst performance at any shop I`ve worked. Some snickers were expected, but for the most part, my bosses and co-workers are being thanked tremendously, for giving me the help, support and confidence I needed to finally feel I was doing my job. Now, although still not fully back to myself, I feel I will be soon. Instead of the final nail, so to speak, I again found descent people wanting to see me succeed, not try to destroy. After all, you spend approx. 1/3 of your life with your co-workers. Sincere gratitude again to everyone at Moog.
I love working for Moog. It is considered one of the best companies in the world.
Ron Morlock, Supervisor-x2591 (Current Employee), Elma, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: they trust you when it comes to doing your job.
Cons: i don't have any problems with this company.
Moog is a very good company employee wise and customer wise.
Undoubtedly the best company I have ever worked for.
Component Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent heath care and benefits.
Cons: feast or famine type business, depending on the contracts won.
Moog Inc. has previously made the 100 best places to work list. The Bill Moog culture is one of mutual trust, with no time clocks to punch, business casual attire, lots of green-space and a comfortable work environment. Typically the managers do not micro-manage, rather they hire qualified people, give them the tools they need and let them do their job. The people at Moog Inc. are exceptionally helpful and hard working. They are like family.
Many good opportunities for growth and wonderful people to work with
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2014
I have enjoyed working at MOOG and have been treated with respect and fairness throughout my employment here.

I have learned skills that are transportable to other employers and have developed many friendships with co-workers.
Not Bad
Contract Employee (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pretty good place to work. I was contract so if you don't know, its a love hate thing. I liked the people, and the atmosphere, and to be honest it was fun working on all the different stuff they have.
JUST A REALLY BAD PLACE TO WORK.
MATERIAL HANDLER/DISPATCH (Former Employee), Torrance, CaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: bad bad management, excluding repair and overhaul.
An aweful experience, no moral standard to be found.Just bad disrespectful managers who love to lie...especially the materials manager and racist shipping and receiving supervisor. Run from this place and dont look back.
terrible place to work
manufacturing tech (Former Employee), Torrance, caOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free food and parties
Cons: everything work related
All management= egotistical and incompetent
The people back stab each other in free of losing their jobs. Constant threats to contact employees. Management encourages snitching. Kiss enough butt you'll definitely be rewarded until she can no longer use you.
Awesome Local Company Culture
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: breaks are encouraged and activities provided
Cons: job security
typical day of work is 50/50 split of at desk activities and hands on work out in the lab. awesome local management and coworkers. globally not the same story….