Moog, Inc Employee Reviews

Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VANovember 27, 2016
Moog was a great work place understanding staff and management with yearly raises and bonuses paid vacation time health insurance and on site health center
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Breaks and vacations
Productive and Lots of Room for Growth
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 10, 2016
During my tenure at Moog Inc, I got to open my mind up to the wonderful world of Engineering. The employees are all very friendly and very willing to help you develop and grow.
Going Downhill
Assembler Tester PLT (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 5, 2016
When I first Started at Moog it was an amazing atmosphere and great people. As time went on new managers started taking over and currently they are tearing the company apart from the inside out. Most enjoyable was the paycheck. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different people barking orders all contradicting themselves thus forcing you to work overtime to pick up all the pieces.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Commitment to overtime
No longer a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 3, 2016
Moog was founded on trust and faith in their employees. Sadly, new management has gutted the company of any of the founding principals that have made them wildly successful in the past. Middle and upper level management positions are being filled with incompetent individuals that have pledged allegiance to new leadership as a thank you for a cushy job. Unfortunately the quality, performance and integrity of the parts manufactured has suffered greatly. Failure to comply with any regulatory requirements will sink the company!
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Poor management, politics, gossip and dishonesty
Hi Tech Company in the aircraft sector
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Smart people, high expertise, High focus on aircraft safety - failure not an option, root cause oriented, proud of capabilities, result driven Top Management, need to improve acquisition integration into core business
Pros
Great people
Cons
Sometimes old fashioned business practice. Travel less, use more collaboration tools and video conferencing tools.
Challenging and rewarding work
Group Director & Value Stream Leader (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYSeptember 18, 2016
Company with great products and great reputation for integrity, quality and reliability. Global operations and diverse market segments provide numerous opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Culture of trust and confidence
Cons
Struggling to grow, moving from Product and Customer-focus to quarterly earnings focus
Purchasing Agent / Techncial Buyer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYApril 24, 2016
Looked forward going to work every day learned a lot from everyone each day our group in the motors division was like a family
Work Culture
Enterprise Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2016
Good Work Culture and users are showing interest in learning new areas in SAP.

Appreciate the work done in SAP implemented in Moog IG -Industrial Group and other sectors still has to be implemented.
Manufacturing engineer
Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Good place to work.

Friendly co-workers, engaged management, cool projects you can take ownership of and pride in. Will make you think next time you fly on a commercial jet.
Pros
employee picnic is much more then just a picnic (in a good way).
Cons
Living in upstate NY
Never a dull moment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2016
Moog had so much work when I was there that you could always find something to do. The recession hit and the company suffered; but the company found a way to stay busy time after time. The work was challenging and they provided you with all of the tools and training you needed to do your job well.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
The recession caused a hiring freeze and layoff
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Senior Design Project with Buffalo State college. Created design for coining fixture and manufactured the fixture. Was a great experience.
Beginning downward spiral
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Work quality is highly dependent on office. Mine was diverse, fairly interesting and the people were high quality. Politics and bureaucracy motivated people to leave.
Love our products and their end use
Biomed Engineering Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2016
Deadlines can become very hectic, but manageable. Work load is heavy, but understandable.

I have learned a lot of things working here, especially on the part of medical device manufacture and service.

I enjoy being able to finish complaint investigations successfully, and the satisfaction of figuring out what was causing the complaint is one of the best feelings. I also enjoy the training portion of my job, and interacting with the biomeds who would be servicing their own pumps is very interesting, and has its own challenges.

I enjoy interacting with my co-workers as well, and the only hard part of the job is when the workload accumulates and it takes several days working overtime to catch up.
Pros
Free coffee/hot chocolate in cafeteria.
Cons
Not the best compensation salary-wise
Good Corporate Business operations
Manager, Group Logistics WF Material Handling (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDDecember 15, 2015
Corporate driven matrix task-output.
Top level involvement
opportunity to perform day to day tasks independently
Future/Forward thinking
Pros
Business Development
Cons
Unknown Corporate Staffing movement
hard to excellin workplace
Assembly and Test Technician (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYNovember 22, 2015
Unfair treatment of employees. Not a trusting company. Management gives latitude and then punishes for relying on that latitude.
Challenging and fast paced environment.
Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  E. Aurora, NYNovember 10, 2015
If you are looking for a challenging career with some of the smartest and dedicated engineers around, this is the place for you.

Moog's is an industry leader in aerospace controls.
Pros
Working with some of the most respected engineers and technical experts in the industry.
Cons
New senior management has eroded the Moog culture.
Loved the Job but no work / life balance
Senior Repair Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 24, 2015
The position is challenging and engaging, everyone in the company is very talented and hard working. The company has some communication problems, however I really enjoyed my time there. I left because of the lack of work life balance. I worked on third shift and didn't have anytime with my family, which was the hardest part of the job for me. The last couple of managers I have had are great and still work there. The only problem with management there was that they are going through some restructuring so people are stretched a little thin and no room for advancement at the moment. I have had 7 different managers with in the 22 months that I worked there so that is the reason for the 3 star management rating. However, the people in the roles now are a great fit. Departmental communication is an issue but I believe that will be resolved by management. I would recommend working there overall.
Pros
Talented group of people, and challenging work
Cons
Communication issues between different departments
Moog Summary
Project Operation Lead (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 21, 2015
Moog is a great place to work, I have learned a great deal about project management and operations during my time at Moog. Currently, the space market is in a decline and I'm looking for other opportunities.
I've had a long history with this company as a consultant.
NASA 7123 Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 20, 2015
In general, Moog calls me directly when they need something done in a hurry. They pay well for my services, and get their money's worth. The upper level management has made some bad decisions over the course of the last 8 years, resulting in some fairly severe downsizing and loss of business. The engineering management is generally pretty competent. My first stint at Moog was to educate their engineers on FAA DO-254 / NASA 7123 processes, and also to see a major product release from concept to TSO. Where Moog and other companies stumble is in the outsourcing department. Many of my consulting positions have happened because a company has gotten back a product from the far east that does "A", but their requirements need it to do "B". Normally, such a situation demands a complete redesign. Outsourcing is a fad that has definitely kept my consulting business very busy over the past 15 years in general.
Pros
Relaxed and friendly work environment.
Cons
Never know when upper management is going to pull the carpet out from under a project.
Diverse Product Offerings
Master Planner (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYSeptember 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end product in motion and being a part of such an Innovative company. The company is very Lean-focused and empowers employees to lead and implement improvement initiative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moog, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8