Moog, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Never a dull moment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2016
Moog had so much work when I was there that you could always find something to do. The recession hit and the company suffered; but the company found a way to stay busy time after time. The work was challenging and they provided you with all of the tools and training you needed to do your job well.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
The recession caused a hiring freeze and layoff
Work Culture
Enterprise Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2016
Good Work Culture and users are showing interest in learning new areas in SAP.

Appreciate the work done in SAP implemented in Moog IG -Industrial Group and other sectors still has to be implemented.
Love our products and their end use
Biomed Engineering Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2016
Deadlines can become very hectic, but manageable. Work load is heavy, but understandable.

I have learned a lot of things working here, especially on the part of medical device manufacture and service.

I enjoy being able to finish complaint investigations successfully, and the satisfaction of figuring out what was causing the complaint is one of the best feelings. I also enjoy the training portion of my job, and interacting with the biomeds who would be servicing their own pumps is very interesting, and has its own challenges.

I enjoy interacting with my co-workers as well, and the only hard part of the job is when the workload accumulates and it takes several days working overtime to catch up.
Pros
Free coffee/hot chocolate in cafeteria.
Cons
Not the best compensation salary-wise
Manufacturing engineer
Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Good place to work.

Friendly co-workers, engaged management, cool projects you can take ownership of and pride in. Will make you think next time you fly on a commercial jet.
Pros
employee picnic is much more then just a picnic (in a good way).
Cons
Living in upstate NY
Purchasing Agent / Techncial Buyer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYApril 24, 2016
Looked forward going to work every day learned a lot from everyone each day our group in the motors division was like a family
Challenging and fast paced environment.
Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  E. Aurora, NYNovember 10, 2015
If you are looking for a challenging career with some of the smartest and dedicated engineers around, this is the place for you.

Moog's is an industry leader in aerospace controls.
Pros
Working with some of the most respected engineers and technical experts in the industry.
Cons
New senior management has eroded the Moog culture.
Good Corporate Business operations
Manager, Group Logistics WF Material Handling (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDDecember 15, 2015
Corporate driven matrix task-output.
Top level involvement
opportunity to perform day to day tasks independently
Future/Forward thinking
Pros
Business Development
Cons
Unknown Corporate Staffing movement
Beginning downward spiral
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Work quality is highly dependent on office. Mine was diverse, fairly interesting and the people were high quality. Politics and bureaucracy motivated people to leave.
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Senior Design Project with Buffalo State college. Created design for coining fixture and manufactured the fixture. Was a great experience.
Great place to work!
Document Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CaliforniaAugust 25, 2015
Great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom and trust the company gave the employees to make their own job decisions and work independently. Most of the employees were self-driven people and I really liked that because I am one of those people. Most management were supportive. Most colleagues were very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
good job work/life balance and good compensation/benefits
Cons
New management is now more number than people driven
Loved the Job but no work / life balance
Senior Repair Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 24, 2015
The position is challenging and engaging, everyone in the company is very talented and hard working. The company has some communication problems, however I really enjoyed my time there. I left because of the lack of work life balance. I worked on third shift and didn't have anytime with my family, which was the hardest part of the job for me. The last couple of managers I have had are great and still work there. The only problem with management there was that they are going through some restructuring so people are stretched a little thin and no room for advancement at the moment. I have had 7 different managers with in the 22 months that I worked there so that is the reason for the 3 star management rating. However, the people in the roles now are a great fit. Departmental communication is an issue but I believe that will be resolved by management. I would recommend working there overall.
Pros
Talented group of people, and challenging work
Cons
Communication issues between different departments
Moog Summary
Project Operation Lead (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 21, 2015
Moog is a great place to work, I have learned a great deal about project management and operations during my time at Moog. Currently, the space market is in a decline and I'm looking for other opportunities.
hard to excellin workplace
Assembly and Test Technician (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYNovember 22, 2015
Unfair treatment of employees. Not a trusting company. Management gives latitude and then punishes for relying on that latitude.
Big outfit
Electro-mechanical Assembler Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 16, 2015
Moog acquired a company I worked for and closed the doors on us. They were genuine in the beginning, but as time went on, like all corporate giants, the smaller outfit became a casualty of the industry. The crazy part about closing our division is that they didn't even send upper management to break the news to us. But overall they honored the longevity of all the employees and gave us a mediocre severance package. Cut our Benefits, before they supposed to and never told us. All in all... It's a well established giant that looks to buy smaller technology that they can profit from and if they don't, they'll just shut the doors and move on to the next. NOTE: John Scannell is a terrible leader compared to his predecessor.
Pros
Well Established
Cons
Only care about profits
Diverse Product Offerings
Master Planner (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYSeptember 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end product in motion and being a part of such an Innovative company. The company is very Lean-focused and empowers employees to lead and implement improvement initiative.
I've had a long history with this company as a consultant.
NASA 7123 Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 20, 2015
In general, Moog calls me directly when they need something done in a hurry. They pay well for my services, and get their money's worth. The upper level management has made some bad decisions over the course of the last 8 years, resulting in some fairly severe downsizing and loss of business. The engineering management is generally pretty competent. My first stint at Moog was to educate their engineers on FAA DO-254 / NASA 7123 processes, and also to see a major product release from concept to TSO. Where Moog and other companies stumble is in the outsourcing department. Many of my consulting positions have happened because a company has gotten back a product from the far east that does "A", but their requirements need it to do "B". Normally, such a situation demands a complete redesign. Outsourcing is a fad that has definitely kept my consulting business very busy over the past 15 years in general.
Pros
Relaxed and friendly work environment.
Cons
Never know when upper management is going to pull the carpet out from under a project.
Productive and fun loving work colture
EMI & EMC Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 21, 2015
Over all excellent company to work for... Excellent team and individual work environment. I learnt EMC design solutions to prepare EMC control plan. Learned and practiced EMI / EMC especially HIRF and Lightning requirements negotiation skills with MOOG Inc.'s product procuring companies e.g., Lockheed Martin, Boeing and other major companies that formed Ultra light vehicle alliance (ULA).
Pros
Overall excellent
Cons
New Yorker style
nice place to work
Experienced and dedicated medical assistant (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed my job except for the lack of security, I gained experience in blood draws and other medical procedures, enjoyed my co-workers, I enjoyed working with the employees the hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the paperwork
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
lack of job security
Moog Summary
IT Distributive Mainframe Co-Op (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 4, 2015
When working at Moog Inc, I was a co-op, and therefore I did not receive the same benefits as a full time salary employee. That being said, i did enjoy the working environment; regardless of your position with the company, everyone addressed one another on a first name basis That degree of informality lead to a more comfortable working experience. The co-workers were pretty friendly as well; many of them were willing to organize extra curricular activities (such as different recreational sports teams). Moog was my first exposure to the corporate environment, and one of the most valuable lessons were the simple do's and don'ts for any corporate job (such as communication being an essential driver for completing tasks correctly and efficiently).
Overall, a good place to work.
Product Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 21, 2015
I've spent my time at Moog so far as a Co-op, so I did not have the same benefits as a standard employee. I enjoyed Moog's friendly working environment and felt that it was a great place to gain experience while I was still in school.

2.8