Moog, Inc

Moog, Inc Employer Reviews

Undoubtedly the best company I have ever worked for.
Component Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent heath care and benefits.
Cons: feast or famine type business, depending on the contracts won.
Moog Inc. has previously made the 100 best places to work list. The Bill Moog culture is one of mutual trust, with no time clocks to punch, business casual attire, lots of green-space and a comfortable work environment. Typically the managers do not micro-manage, rather they hire qualified people, give them the tools they need and let them do their – more... job. The people at Moog Inc. are exceptionally helpful and hard working. They are like family. – less
Many good opportunities for growth and wonderful people to work with
Sr. Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2014
I have enjoyed working at MOOG and have been treated with respect and fairness throughout my employment here.

I have learned skills that are transportable to other employers and have developed many friendships with co-workers.
Not Bad
Contract Employee (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pretty good place to work. I was contract so if you don't know, its a love hate thing. I liked the people, and the atmosphere, and to be honest it was fun working on all the different stuff they have.
JUST A REALLY BAD PLACE TO WORK.
MATERIAL HANDLER/DISPATCH (Former Employee), Torrance, CaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: bad bad management, excluding repair and overhaul.
An aweful experience, no moral standard to be found.Just bad disrespectful managers who love to lie...especially the materials manager and racist shipping and receiving supervisor. Run from this place and dont look back.
terrible place to work
manufacturing tech (Former Employee), Torrance, caOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free food and parties
Cons: everything work related
All management= egotistical and incompetent
The people back stab each other in free of losing their jobs. Constant threats to contact employees. Management encourages snitching. Kiss enough butt you'll definitely be rewarded until she can no longer use you.
Awesome Local Company Culture
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: breaks are encouraged and activities provided
Cons: job security
typical day of work is 50/50 split of at desk activities and hands on work out in the lab. awesome local management and coworkers. globally not the same story….
Test Engineer, Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: ping pong club, go cart club
Cons: poor job security if you're not at the corporate office.
Moog is a great place to work. They helped me get through school by allowing me to work less than 40 hours but still gave me some benefits. My coworkers are great people who respect one another and encourage each other to succeed. My supervisors on occassion give me projects that might be out of my comfort zone. However I end up liking this because – more... it helps me to develop new skills and talents. – less
Very Good Internship!
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYSeptember 24, 2014
This company is a great company to work for. Not only is their culture a great one to be a part of it is also a great work environment!
Technically Challenging, Great People But Upper-management-challenged
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great people, technically challenging
Cons: has had a feeling of instability for several years now
A typical day more Mech Design Engr. is creating very challenging designs in terms of performance, weight, etc. to meet customer requirements. While at Moog I have definitely sharpened my technical skills and have learned things which will benefit me (and new employer) in my next career move.
Technical management is very competent but business management – more... by others, not so much. The most difficult part of job is implementing design corrections/changes for products that are already fielded. Sometimes requires delicate customer interaction. The initial conceptual/preliminary design phase is usually the most enjoyable since that is where most of the creativity is. Also I would have to say another enjoyable part of job is interacting with my co-workers. In general I would say they are "the best of the best". They are all very competent and are fun to work with. – less
Moog
Production Worker (Current Employee), Blacksburg VASeptember 9, 2014
My days currently consists of stacking, harnessing, potting, inspection, visuals, lock wiring, soldering/ solder sleeves, alignment of brush blocks, cleaning of slip rings, working with customers (when they visit), training, using a blueprint, dimensions, and shipping.
This was a Temp Service Assignment
Systems Analyst (Contracted) (Former Employee), Elma NYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: company sponsored cafeteria
Cons: knowing that it would all come to an end
19 years ago it was a pretty enjoyable experience
How to earn a living without having to relocate
Friendly and Direct
this was a temp assignment. Didn't feel like I had co-workers
Driving all the way to Elma during the winter
Accomplishing my tasks
Friendly easy-going atmosphere
Process Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Elma, NYAugust 21, 2014
Great place to gain experience as an intern. Friendly management and more than just your mentor is willing to lend a hand to help you learn more and grow as an individual.
Senior Space Avionics Inspector (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: challanging
Cons: 50-60 hour weeks
Moog-Broadreach is a good place to work, it's fast paced, and there's plenty of overtime and slightly understaffed. Moog corporate really cares about their employees and the benefits are good.
innovative, high tech, interesting, changing, great culture
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Blacksburg, VirginiaJuly 31, 2014
Each day presented challenges with goals, deadlines, and an ever changing environment.
work is slow for processing department
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: free picnics at mulligans every other year and free winter parties every year
Cons: expensive healthcare for contract employees
work is easy but slow, management is rude and unprofessional towards contract employee for the processing department. I can't speak for the other departments.
Commodity Acquisition & Procurement Lead (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYMay 12, 2014
Great place to work, great people and management. However, ensure that oyu are properly aligned with the position you are accepting, Moog translates positions differently then ordinary organizations
Bought CPI IP rights
Master Planner - Materials Manager CPI (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAMarch 4, 2014
Remote management.
All employees laid off.
Closed facility in Marlborough MA
MOOG
Internship (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: to long of a travel for me, and getting tired of the snow, ready for a new opportuinty
Your day consist of meeting going over what needs to be constructed. take notes on whats expected of the project. we sit as a group and go over ideas we each have.
Moog review
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CADecember 16, 2013
I learned that Moog prefers collocated teams in Buffalo NY.
Productive workday
Final Inspector and electronic assembler (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VADecember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches three times a year.
Productive workday getting parts done and finished correctly.

1 2 3

About Moog, Inc

We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s – Read more