Moore County Hospital District Employee Reviews

Not a place most want to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXJuly 13, 2017
Severe disconnect between management and workers. Not a hospital where experience is acquired or required due to patient acuity.

Nursing staff comes and goes like a revolving door is present.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Upper management
Official response from Moore County Hospital District
July 15, 2017

We are sorry that you did not find working at MCHD to be the great experience that most employees do. We have a much lower turnover rate than the regional and national averages, and our Press Ganey Employee Engagement Survey scores over the past 6 years average in the 94th Percentile of health care workers nationally. Most employees who make the effort to be engaged are successful long-term employees.

Feels like family!
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXJuly 6, 2017
Moore County Hospital District is a fantastic place to work - I have never had a work environment where I felt as respected and valued as I do here. The departments' interactions go smoothly, and people are extremely friendly and willing to work together to accomplish goals as a unit. In the last year, Directors have had a directive to improve inter- and intra-departmental communications, and as a result, our productivity has gone up, and job satisfaction across departments has never been higher. With our upcoming improvements, MCHD will be able to provide a higher level of quality medical treatment to our patients, while continuing to be a beacon for healthcare in the Texas Panhandle.
Pros
Co-workers, popcorn Wednesday, improving levels of care
I love working in a small hospital
LVN (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I was a floor nurse that took care of all types of patients. From the newborns to the elderly, which I loved. I liked doing something different daily. I learned how to manage my time and provide competent care and to be the nurse I am today.
Pros
You work in a small hospital and experience it all
Cons
Does not have good benefits
Very good workplace with amazing people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXJanuary 31, 2017
A professionally team of individuals that makes the institution great by serving amazing care and clean services to every patient and guest in the hospital
Pros
free food like popcorn every wednesday
Cons
no christmas bonus
Competetive salary and benefits, very clean environment, adequate staff to accomplish tasks.
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXJuly 17, 2016
Many employees/managers have been employed 20+ years. Promote from within. Work load is manageable within regular work week majority of the time.
Pros
Culture is caring. Excellent patient care.
Cons
Resistant to new thoughts/ideas.
Compassionate Exceptional Work Environment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This Hospital offers the most Compassionate Exceptional Care for the Patients. Also has the employees Best Well Being at heart. The Directors and Administrators are supportive, kind, caring they listen and they work for the employees also with the employees to ensure that we are happy in our jobs. It's the most Friendly place I ever worked. I love coming to work everyday!!!
Pros
The open door policy
Great work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Management is focused on developing employees both professionally and personally. Many employees have close relationships/mentorships with their directors or administrators. Administration has focused in the past years on improving management's communication to employees. MCHD provides great opportunities to learn and grow in whatever field you may be interested (nursing-accounting). MCHD promotes from within often which shows they are committed to developing employees for greater roles within the organization.
Pros
Great learning environment
Management and staff were not aligned in goals creating a difficult work environment.
Controller/Business Office Director (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXJanuary 29, 2016
The disconnect between staff and management was apparent with the lack of unified direction in management and staff discontent.
not necessarily a good experience.
RN Med/Surg, ICU, ED (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXJanuary 19, 2016
poor management to say the least. unorganized. poor training. not a great place for experience for new RN's, very low pt. census. this hospital ships everything.
Pros
easy workload.
Cons
minimal experience. TERRIBLE management
Hospital is deteriorating
RN (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXDecember 16, 2015
Management is about cutting costs and not quality care administered to the patients. Physicians leave right and left. It's hard to get new ones in. A new facility is supposed to be built. I'm not sure how they are going to pay for it. I see bankruptcy in this hospitals future.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
administration
Once a respectable facility, not so much these days.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXDecember 14, 2015
This facility was once a very busy facility. In the acute care Med/Surg section there were 30 beds. At times it was difficult to find beds for all the patients being admitted. There was also a 'swingbed' unit. These days all of the swing bed unit and much of the acute care patient rooms have transformed into offices and storage rooms. The Med/Surg department has dwindled down to only a handful of patients. Many of our physician's moved due to conflict with administration. The hospital has a poor reputation in the community, therefore patients are choosing to go to larger hospitals in surrounding communities. It would be impossible for a new nurse to acquire sufficient skills due to very few admits which are 'sick'. The patients who are admitted are minimally sick which makes for glorified Med Aide's for the nursing staff, minimal skills are necessary to care for the patient. This facility lacks in professional growth for nursing staff.
Pros
Great for retired nursing staff who aren't ready to retire
Cons
Low acuity patients and no patients
Top 2 places I have worked, best in many ways
Valued employee (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXNovember 16, 2015
Out of working for 10+ governmental and hospital companies in my career, MCHD is one of my top 2 best places I have worked. The other place was due to my boss and my work group being excellent. But it was a different place in a different time. Today, MCHD is top in many ways, different from the other job. Great management, great equipment, especially for a rural hospital, employees that really care about their patients and co-workers, and a great community in which to live--recently named in the Top 10 of 500 rural communities all over the US. MCHD is growing, with a nursing and rehab unit under construction, a new medical/surgical wing to be built, bringing in new physicians. From what I have seen, the CNO does NOT "micromanage" the Directors when they are doing their jobs. The problem employee has to get the attention when not performing. Staff are expected and allowed to perform at their greatest ability to provide excellent patient care--always. I expect to work here several more years because I don't want to go anywhere else to work. I do my job, and I am appreciated for doing it. There are a lot worse places to work. Many others that work here now that have worked other places say the same thing.
Pros
You are a valued person at this hospital.
Cons
None that matter.
Great Place To Work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXNovember 2, 2015
I enjoy working with the great team at Moore County Hospital District! The staff is committed to giving our patients and families the best care that they can. MCHD is highly ranked regionally and nationally (In 2015 Medicare rated MCHD #1 in the Texas Panhandle, #2 in Texas and # 26 in the US in their Value Based Purchasing Ranking). Employees at MCHD have a high level of engagement and job satisfaction, ranking consistently in the 90th or above percentile in the US on the Press Ganey Employee Engagement Survey each year for the past several years. There is a wonderful team spirit at the Hospital, Clinics and Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. In 2016 a hospital renovation project will begin, doubling the physical size of the current facility. Six hospital based clinics, including Orthopedics, Women's Health, Family Practice and Podiatry are all housed in new or totally renovated facilities. The Hospital physicians are some of the best in the region, our nurses are dedicated team players, and the ancillary staff provides exceptional service to our community. Moore County Hospital District employees enjoy top salaries, excellent benefits that include an employee gym on site that is open 24/7, great insurance and retirement, a tuition reimbursement program and a management team that encourages employees to be the best that they can be.
Director of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXJune 21, 2015
Great place to work. All the people within the hospital and community were nice and friendly. Management was great until my CEO left for another job. He hired my at Doctors' Hospital for the same position. That's the reason I left Moore County.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Too far from my family
Great place to learn and advance in different modalities and experience.
Radiologic/Sonography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXApril 13, 2014
MCHD has taught me great patient and multitasking. I have been able to advance in different modalities and become a great asset to the facility. I work well with my co-workers and am not afraid to step in and help out where needed.
productive for some people
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXMarch 14, 2014
Healthy work environment, consistent with care of patients.
Pros
good salad at lunch time
Cons
Health care across the board
Hospital environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXAugust 25, 2013
Performing simple and complex maintenance tasks, monitor boilers and various medical equipment. Learned how to be responsible for an entire facility. Management was very easy to work with. Co-workers were very good guys. Hardest part about the job was the hospital is very old, and lots of issues. Most enjoyable part about the job was learning about all the different aspects in a hospital environment.
Passionate care delivered by industry professionals.
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Dumas, TXApril 14, 2013
Moore County Hospital District is a level four-trauma hospital with a sixty-two-bed acute care facility and a seventy-bed long-term care facility attached. The district includes three outpatient clinics focusing on general surgery, podiatry, and urgent care. Additional services provided by the hospital include: therapy, radiology, laboratory, intensive care, labor and delivery, surgery, pharmacy, emergency management services, ED, home health and hospice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moore County Hospital District. Our community is ready to answer.

Moore County Hospital District Reviews by Location