Drafts detailed GIS drawings and related maps and specifications used in planning and detailing of civil engineering projects. Perform detailed analysis utilizing 3-D and spatial analyst to assist in engineering design projects and studies. Streamlines GIS processes using Model Builder, scripts, programs, and other methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: .
- Create, maintain, and produce GIS map products for internal and external use using ESRI software products and drafting preparation software.
- Prepares mapping exhibits for use by project staff in proposals, presentations, and other project related work.
- Preparation of GIS shapefile and attribute data by means of available datasets, including, but not limited to modifying existing GIS data or drawing/digitizing map features from hard cop material or sketches.
- Works with Registered Land Surveyor or Engineer to prepare facility databases, floodplain maps, engineering model GIS inputs and output maps, topographic maps, and other cartography and analysis products.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of client databases and delivery procedures.
- Creates ESRI Model Builder routines, Python scripts both inside and outside of GIS, and other efficiency products
- Works with other CADD, Survey, and Engineering personnel to move data across hardware and software products.
- Utilizes engineering data and plans, survey output, governmental databases, plats, remote sensing data, and third party data to generate finished products.
- Works with the GIS Coordinator to prepare and present GIS training and Modeling training that specifically overlaps with GIS duties such as the operation of HEC-GeoRAS, HEC-GeoHMS or other software.
- Utilizes software beyond GIS products to create and maintain GIS databases.
- Works under minimum supervision to prepare finished drawings from sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- May train or provide assistance to less experienced technicians to help them resolve difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems.
- May accompany Project Engineer during client presentations and interacts with clients to provide basic GIS training and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher in one of the following fields: Engineering, Geography, or Computer Programming or related equivalent work experience.
- GIS Certification from an accredited technical school or minimum three years of GIS work experience.
- Ability to use Model Builder and Python (or other programming language) to automate GIS tasks.
- Proficient in the latest versions of ESRI ArcInfo, 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst.
- Ability to work in AutoCad and MicroStation or willingness to learn drafting software.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Indeed - 2 years ago