Drafts detailed GIS drawings and related maps and specifications used in planning and detailing of civil engineering projects. Perform detailed analysis utilizing 3-D and spatial analyst to assist in engineering design projects and studies. Streamlines GIS processes using Model Builder, scripts, programs, and other methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: .
- Create, maintain, and produce GIS map products for internal and external use using ESRI software products and drafting preparation software.
- Prepares mapping exhibits for use by project staff in proposals, presentations, and other project related work.
- Preparation of GIS shapefile and attribute data by means of available datasets, including, but not limited to modifying existing GIS data or drawing/digitizing map features from hard cop material or sketches.
- Works with Registered Land Surveyor or Engineer to prepare facility databases, floodplain maps, engineering model GIS inputs and output maps, topographic maps, and other cartography and analysis products.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of client databases and delivery procedures.
- Creates ESRI Model Builder routines, Python scripts both inside and outside of GIS, and other efficiency products
- Works with other CADD, Survey, and Engineering personnel to move data across hardware and software products.
- Utilizes engineering data and plans, survey output, governmental databases, plats, remote sensing data, and third party data to generate finished products.
- Works with the GIS Coordinator to prepare and present GIS training and Modeling training that specifically overlaps with GIS duties such as the operation of HEC-GeoRAS, HEC-GeoHMS or other software.
- Utilizes software beyond GIS products to create and maintain GIS databases.
- Works under minimum supervision to prepare finished drawings from sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- May train or provide assistance to less experienced technicians to help them resolve difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems.
- May accompany Project Engineer during client presentations and interacts with clients to provide basic GIS training and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher in one of the following fields: Engineering, Geography, or Computer Programming or related equivalent work experience.
- GIS Certification from an accredited technical school or minimum three years of GIS work experience.
- Ability to use Model Builder and Python (or other programming language) to automate GIS tasks.
- Proficient in the latest versions of ESRI ArcInfo, 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst.
- Ability to work in AutoCad and MicroStation or willingness to learn drafting software.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Moore Engineering, Inc. is now occupying its new West Fargo location at 925 10th Ave. E., and will be previewing their facility with a...