Designs engineering projects and assists project managers with specific engineering tasks. Requires use of engineering judgment, experience, and education to resolve technical problems and tasks that are assigned. Includes preparation of engineering plans and specifications for civil engineering projects including roadways, municipal infrastructure, and residential/commercial development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop preliminary project concepts including cost estimates, alternative layouts, and writing reports to be used in determining final design approach.
- Advise the selection and application of engineering systems and materials in accordance with the latest governing codes.
- Assemble design plans, solve problems and prepare engineering documents, including final cost estimates, details, contracts and specifications. Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of these projects.
- Assist in construction bids and/or negotiations, including pre-bid conferences, interpretations and post-bid evaluations and contract preparation.
- Stamps or seals work prepared by him/her or under their direct supervision.
- May attend Client/City meetings including those convening after normal business hours.
- Assists in overseeing performance of personnel assigned to their projects.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining cordial and professional working relations with clients and contractors.
- May involve light travel.
- Coordination of project duties with other engineers, surveyors, technicians, and various staff and sub-consultants.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering.
- Ability to prepare engineering records and write concise technical reports.
- Must keep current in job specialty through continuing education.
- Ability to manage several projects.
- Self-motivated with initiative to promote.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be Registered Engineer in the State of North Dakota or be able to get registered through reciprocity.
- Ten years minimum relative P.E. experience.
- Working knowledge in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Autocad.
Moore Engineering, Inc. is now occupying its new West Fargo location at 925 10th Ave. E., and will be previewing their facility with a...