Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection

Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Used to be a great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMay 17, 2017
This company was great to work for when I first started with them. Once the son took over the atmosphere changed. I preferred the family run business compared to corporate.
great place great people
dba TCC- Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2017
Great sales culture has been created over the years. Im no longer with this company by circumstance, but given the right opportunity, would return without a doubt.
Pros
great culture, advancement opportunity, leadership that wants to build their people
Cons
constant change
Simply amazing
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 5, 2017
Great company to work for. They are always willing to assist in development and advancement. Culture of good is a plus. The company focuses on returning assurance to the community and their family's
Ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
I try not to bash my former employer but i will say that i loved working with the people i did see day to day but i felt that management was a bit out of touch with the front lines. I found the pay to be ok towards the end and overall the company had good intentions. If you are very very competitive and aggressive you can last long such as i did for 8 1/2 years here. Very hard to move up within this company, it is a very "Who you know" kind of place not based on performance or the little things that you do like cleaning, inventory (etc). I did learn a lot working in Different Markets about how to excel outside of my comfort zone.
Alright company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, RIMarch 11, 2017
I loved my customers and working with them. The regional manager was the reason I was fired. I used a phone case to promote their products and I was accused of stealing and let go for it when the manager knew I had the phone case and it never left the store.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Disagreeing management
One of the best companies I have ever called home.
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 18, 2016
Working for TCC has been an experience I will never forget. One of the greatest things they have going for them is the caliber of people they hire. I absolutely love all of the people that I have met within my 2+ years working for this company. Everyone is eager excel at their job and always willing to lend a helping hand on any and everything they can.

A typical week for my current role is traveling, coordinating hotel stays closest to classes being held, setting up classes to facilitate training's, contacting MIT's (managers in training) to help further their progress through out the 6 month program, store visits in my area to observe sales and help coach on missed opportunities, and also the creations of new classes to offer to leadership to bring into their areas.

The hardest part as a Corporate Trainer is the struggle of working with MIT's that do not take the program serious. The program is meant for self development, which in return allows for those who lack self motivation to fail. As a trainer and having a majority of your bonuses lay heavily on the success rate of MIT graduates, its hard not to step in and try to coach for a more successful quarter on my end. Holding an MIT's hand through out the program would go against everything we designed the program to do. Which is to separate those who have the will power for self development and also to show those who have great use of time management.

The most enjoyable part about my job as a Corporate Trainer is knowing that I have a hand in providing best practices for the field. Coming out and teaching classes
  more... on how we must approach our customers. The best feeling in the world to me as a trainer is teaching a class and seeing someone in class have that light bulb moment.  less
Pros
Great team work, company gym, employees
Cons
Job security
Great family environment
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 2, 2016
Fast paced. Very poor communication of what was expected by upper management. Great co-workers and team work. Learned how to communicate with people in the company stores to control inventory.
great place to work but poor store management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoy working at TCC the job give me the freedom to earn what I want to earn. The training and corporate staff are absolutely wonderful. They work hard to create a positive environment and to make each employee feel valued. My concerns are at the store level management. I have experience poorly trained managers, they know the job yet have no ability to lead or inspire growth within the company. Past the store management level things change and truly reflect what the company is about.
Work with some really great people
Sales (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Overall, the job itself got worse over time. Benefits are great. My co-workers here are some of the best people to work with. We are a very tight knit store.
Decent
corporate office (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 5, 2016
While there were lots of perks to the job, the upper management cared little for their employees. The community outreach program was nice, but you were sometimes forced to volunteer for groups you did not identify with.
More than expected
Returns Specialist, Stock Clerks- (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 9, 2015
Moorehead Communications (TCC) is an amazing place to work. Management are the best in the industry and locally. My co-workers are hard working and detail oriented. My co-workers show up every day and work hard to accomplish company goals. This business is one of the best about maintaining the relationship between work and home. They have a Culture of Good program that allows each member of the company to volunteer in the community and make a difference. They have an amazing benefits package and fun incentives daily, weekly, and monthly.
Cons
The company will no longer be in Marion, Indiana.
Growth Opportunity
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 26, 2015
This company is a fast growing and fast moving company that has ample room for personal growth. I have grown in the aspect of professionalism and logistical thinking.
Pros
great life and work balance, gym at work, culture of good
Cons
jobs moving to Carmel IN
Is a great company to work for and has been my home for 11 years
Administrative Assistant to Distribution V.P (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy greatly my work with this company. It has a great culture and treat its employees extremely well.

Very involved in the community through their culture of good program

Have learned may useful skills in office administration from my years here
Pros
Flexibility in my schedule
Cons
Moving all corporate operations to Carmel
excellent
Moorehead Communications dba TCC- Market Manager (Current Employee) –  baltimore, mdOctober 16, 2015
fast growing company thats starting to catch up with its growth operationally. When I came on the last thing i though was making a career out of the opportunity. Over time I've come to learn that this is all around a great place to be and a great place to grow.
Great company with a great culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Media PAOctober 9, 2015
I have never worked for a company who cares so much about giving back to its employees and the community. I wish the message of the CEO reached its way to the front lines. Overall I am happy with the company.
Nice workplace to learn and grow your sales skills.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2015
Management was associate friendly. We had fun contests that got the whole region involved in selling and retaining cellphone customers for Verizowireless.
Pros
Discounts on cellphones and services.
Cons
Long hours in store.
Great Company, Needs stronger upper management guidlines
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 21, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for they really take care of their employees on a pay and benefits level. There is something to be said for a company that will not only stay competitive in terms of pay and benefits and consistently develop tools for their employees to succeed. Amazing executive management for this company.
Now to the bad
This company restructured and things have dramatically changed. And not necessarily for the better. Pressures on Store Managers were increased as duties were shifted to make the job more appealing from the outside. Sales reps and Store managers are pushed to meet and exceed goals and methods used to reach these goals are not considered. Expectation of a day off being a day off isnt there. phone is constantly ringing. personal time is NOT respected.
Pros
great pay great benefits
Cons
poor work/life balance pressure to make certain sales too high resulting in shady sales tactics
Perfect for Motivated individuals to work in a Team Atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dillsburg, PAJune 17, 2015
team orientated atmosphere, sales driven, compensation is based on production, learned how to build and maintain customer relations, learned how to build value in multiple products that compliment each other, success from cold calling,
A.O.Fox Hospital
Wireless Consultant & Small Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYApril 11, 2015
Great management, clean facility. Large number of locations and branches. Easy to work for, nice people. Numbers come with knowledge
Growing company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 7, 2015
Typical day......Getting with team set are goals for the day
What I learned....I can accomplish a lot with set goals
Management...believes in the team to do there part
Co-Workers...Are helpful
Hardest Part....When computers go down
Enjoyable....When everything runs smoothly
Pros
Access to a Gym with trainer free
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6