Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection

Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews in United States

More than expected
Returns Specialist, Stock Clerks- (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 9, 2015
Moorehead Communications (TCC) is an amazing place to work. Management are the best in the industry and locally. My co-workers are hard working and detail oriented. My co-workers show up every day and work hard to accomplish company goals. This business is one of the best about maintaining the relationship between work and home. They have a Culture of Good program that allows each member of the company to volunteer in the community and make a difference. They have an amazing benefits package and fun incentives daily, weekly, and monthly.
Cons
The company will no longer be in Marion, Indiana.
Is a great company to work for and has been my home for 11 years
Administrative Assistant to Distribution V.P (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy greatly my work with this company. It has a great culture and treat its employees extremely well.

Very involved in the community through their culture of good program

Have learned may useful skills in office administration from my years here
Pros
Flexibility in my schedule
Cons
Moving all corporate operations to Carmel
Decent
corporate office (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 5, 2016
While there were lots of perks to the job, the upper management cared little for their employees. The community outreach program was nice, but you were sometimes forced to volunteer for groups you did not identify with.
Work with some really great people
Sales (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Overall, the job itself got worse over time. Benefits are great. My co-workers here are some of the best people to work with. We are a very tight knit store.
excellent
Moorehead Communications dba TCC- Market Manager (Current Employee) –  baltimore, mdOctober 16, 2015
fast growing company thats starting to catch up with its growth operationally. When I came on the last thing i though was making a career out of the opportunity. Over time I've come to learn that this is all around a great place to be and a great place to grow.
Growth Opportunity
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 26, 2015
This company is a fast growing and fast moving company that has ample room for personal growth. I have grown in the aspect of professionalism and logistical thinking.
Pros
great life and work balance, gym at work, culture of good
Cons
jobs moving to Carmel IN
Great company with a great culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Media PAOctober 9, 2015
I have never worked for a company who cares so much about giving back to its employees and the community. I wish the message of the CEO reached its way to the front lines. Overall I am happy with the company.
Perfect for Motivated individuals to work in a Team Atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dillsburg, PAJune 17, 2015
team orientated atmosphere, sales driven, compensation is based on production, learned how to build and maintain customer relations, learned how to build value in multiple products that compliment each other, success from cold calling,
Nice workplace to learn and grow your sales skills.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2015
Management was associate friendly. We had fun contests that got the whole region involved in selling and retaining cellphone customers for Verizowireless.
Pros
Discounts on cellphones and services.
Cons
Long hours in store.
Great Company, Needs stronger upper management guidlines
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 21, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for they really take care of their employees on a pay and benefits level. There is something to be said for a company that will not only stay competitive in terms of pay and benefits and consistently develop tools for their employees to succeed. Amazing executive management for this company.
Now to the bad
This company restructured and things have dramatically changed. And not necessarily for the better. Pressures on Store Managers were increased as duties were shifted to make the job more appealing from the outside. Sales reps and Store managers are pushed to meet and exceed goals and methods used to reach these goals are not considered. Expectation of a day off being a day off isnt there. phone is constantly ringing. personal time is NOT respected.
Pros
great pay great benefits
Cons
poor work/life balance pressure to make certain sales too high resulting in shady sales tactics
Growing company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 7, 2015
Typical day......Getting with team set are goals for the day
What I learned....I can accomplish a lot with set goals
Management...believes in the team to do there part
Co-Workers...Are helpful
Hardest Part....When computers go down
Enjoyable....When everything runs smoothly
Pros
Access to a Gym with trainer free
Cons
Healthcare
Fun rewarding job.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at TCC is honestly quite fun. Who wouldn't love to see the new technology before the rest of the public?! The job is mainly customer service and making lifelong friends(customers). If you dont take care of them correctly or in a timely manner they have other places to go to get what they need. You have to sell yourself and sometimes go a little beyond to totally meet the customers needs and keep them loyal. After all, word of mouth is the best advertisement.

Just like any other retail company, you have to answer phones, open close procedures, bank deposits, filing, process credit applications and above all customer service..
Pros
working with public and playing with all the new technoloy
Cons
retail hours, and sometimes too busy to take a 5 minute break
Every employee has a voice
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Working for Moorehead Communications has most ceratinly aided to my professional growth. Every day we are encouraged to run our retail location like it were our own business. I continually monitor proper staffing levels and maximize our profit/loss report. Throughout the entire organization fresh ideas are encouraged and regularly considered. We recognize that our front line employees are our most valuable asset to our organization and look to them on a regular basis to keep the creative energy a constant. This mentality makes me proud to be a part of this organization.
Started off good, but losing concern for their own employees.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 1, 2014
Moorehead Communications started off as a great place to work and overall things could definitely be a lot worse. They have a great CEO and seem to have a good grasp on innovation in the wireless industry. Lately however, they are trying to do more in communities (which is great) but at the cost of employee wages. Sadly, the people that took the main hit were those working in the stores and generating the money for the company to begin with. If they get it straightened back out, they will definitely be a company to work for.
Pros
working with customers, helping in the community, the people you work with.
Cons
pay cuts, lack of availability to move up.
Job seeker beware
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2013
The sell you this wonderful pitch about being a rockstar and making lots of money-let me tell you it is a load of crock. They have high turnover because they work their employees to the point of being burnt out. There is no work, life balance as an employee of The Cellular Connection. Save yourself the headache and work for Verizon directly, not this indirect agent/"premium retailer." The benefits are better and there is room for advance with Verizon Wireless.
Pros
my current and former store mangers willingness to work with you
Cons
the regional manager is never available although he/she claims to have an open door policy, pips, they have recently changed the pay scale which benefits the company not the employees
All in all, one of the best places to work for the wireless/technology field
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Champlin, MNJuly 1, 2012
The Cellular Connection has been the most enjoyable career I've ever had. I worked with great people, trained by great trainers and made many friends in the process. Highly recommended.

Note: Do not confuse Moorehead Communications dba The Cellular Connection Legacy (Corporate) locations with TCC sub-agents. Different ownership = different experience.
Pros
mileage reimbursement, full health insurance, 401k, flexible hours, generous commissions, pooled comissions, team envoirnment, amazing trainers
Cons
technical support limited by external factors.this is an indirect con, not nessesarily tcc
Friendly work environment
Accounts Analyist, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work normally began with running reports for the data entry staff to enter daily sales then running my own reports to enter daily deactivations. The rest of the day was normally spent entering, helping fellow employees, and occasionally dealing with clients that needed collateral for their stores/kiosks or credit references.

There really was no hard part to this job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the fellowship among our department.
Pros
flextime, company events
Cons
not receiving information in a timely manner
A.O.Fox Hospital
Wireless Consultant & Small Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYApril 11, 2015
Great management, clean facility. Large number of locations and branches. Easy to work for, nice people. Numbers come with knowledge
Ups and downs
Sales Rep/Verizon Wirless (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 14, 2012
It is not the east place to work. You can make a decent amount of money or not very much at all. The hours just aren't the greatest for me being a single mom of 2. The hardest part of my job is coming into work and not knowing what will happen next. Typical day consist of learning and keeping up with all the new things that are happening and selling products to customers
A Good starter job to see if you can sell.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2014
Selling the hottest cell phones on the market with the best coverage map. The phones pretty much sell themselves! I got to meet a lot of nice interesting people. Management was amazing, and were more than willing to help anytime.
Pros
flexible hours, awesome smart phones, latest technology.
Cons
comission based pay, money was in accessories sales.

2.6