Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection

Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews in United States

Fine, For someone without children...
Wireless Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 19, 2012
My co-workers were the best part of this job...the upper management teams were horrible..never there when you needed them, and threatened everyone that they were "very replaceable"...I wouldn'd tell my enemy to work for this company.
Pros
learned alot about electronics, cell phones, and wireless internet.
Family based company great CEO no room for advancement unless you move
Wireless Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARFebruary 19, 2013
I enjoyed working as an associate then as a manager, but that's it. There is no room for advancement unless you move to Indiana. If you have a family and are unable to just pack up this is not the job for you.
Pros
great people (customers)
Cons
middle management
Used to be a great place to work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 12, 2013
Used to be a great place to work. Pay has decreased year after year. Not much room for advancement.

Verizon Wireless is a great product and sells itself. Plenty of areas to make commission.

Long hours!!!
Pros
commission, people
Cons
no advancement opportunities, long hours
Great place to work and a great team
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, PAFebruary 5, 2014
I honestly wish I had never left the job, It was the best job I could have hoped for. The training we receive is amazing, the pay was really good, BUT you had to work to receive anything great (commissioned based)
Pros
good hours and fun group
Cons
none.
Long days and little appreciation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHOctober 3, 2012
Management will require you to drive to and from work in level 3 (the worst) snow emergencies! For me working 45 minutes from home not a good thing at all! I flipped and totalled my car on my way to work during bad conditions to avoid being fired.
Job Seeker Beware
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialJanuary 25, 2013
Compensation is great. However they make you jump several hoops. Do not be surprised if the best isn't good enough for this company. They love to point out what you did wrong and not what you accomplished for them.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management, values, scheduling

Comment – July 7, 2013

I've worked for the company since 2008 and I love my job. I've worked for my fair share of awful employers and Moorehead isn't one of them. I've been promoted three times in four years thanks to working my *ss off. They don't baby you if you screw up, but who wants that.

A company with a future if you work hard
Lead Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJuly 13, 2014
The typical day would be like any other cellular job but with great help from the corporate offices you never feel like you can't get a answer. Great job, management lacks from time to time.
Customer service specialist
Customer Care Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 16, 2014
Letting customers know when they are eligible to upgrade and other promotional offers
No room for advancement
Retail Sales ConsultantCorporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 28, 2013
Though I've been in Wireless sales for over 22 yrs now, the culture with them is not what I've been extensively trained in wouldn't adapt to the change. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS FIRST...!
Flexible, good benefits, family orientated, great people to work
Co-op Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 31, 2012
Typed letters, memos, spreadsheets, and graphs. Scheduled meetings, prepared monthly schedule. Maintained budget, received and submitted invoices, calculated percentage for co-op reimbursement. Mailed ad proofs to necessary components. Ensured that all money was accounted for through co-op. Calculated projected spending and co-op accruals. Compared tear sheets to approvals; submitted paperwork to vendors along with reimbursement forms. Calculate running averages for monthly store awards and ordered same. Ensured that all stores have materials for advertising. Provided information to supervisor, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, and in person.

Learned how advertising works. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job making sure that all stores had supplies that was needed for asdvertising.

I enjoyed everything about Moorehead communications
Pros
appreciate employees, fun place to wrok
Good but...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 12, 2014
Use to be a better place, great trainers but management is very poor.
Pros
sales process, customers
Cons
pay, management likes to fire for no reason, upper management doesn't care about employees
great place to work with good options for promotion
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IndianaDecember 14, 2011
I would work for the company again if there was a chance, as the management directly over the stores has changed in a positive way since I worked for Moorehead.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 18, 2014
Typical day at work was helping Verizon customers with any needs they may have. Managment def needed some work but coworkers were great people.
New Company with Advancement Potential
Retail Sales Manager (Corp.) (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialJanuary 29, 2014
Good Culture but a few bumps in growth...Company has moved forward with updating and getting a feel of where they are going.
Pros
culture
Cons
growing pains
Working at Moorehead was a relaxed enviornment.
Home Solutions Operation Specialist (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 23, 2014
I enjoyed working with the people there. Some days it was fast paced, and others it was medium. Either way, I enjoyed it. I was able to learn about satellite TV and how it works. All in all, the management was tollerable, but on the outside, it seemed as they were just in it for themselves and not to help guide others. My coworkers were fun. They had a diverse sense of life and it was great to learn different sides of people. It was difficult learning a new aspect of my job, but once I learned it, it was good to know it. The most enjoyable part was everyone pitching in to help others, especially those in the community that were in need. There were Christmas families that we were able to buy presents for because they either fell on hard times or they lost jobs or homes. It's gratifying to see everyone pull together to help others.
Pros
paid holidays that we didn't have to work, i had a set schedule that worked wonderful for my family, the healthcare was amazing.
Cons
i did have to work late a few nights a month due to the need of paying stores for their sales, and inventory for my techs at the end of every month.
Sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 29, 2014
Worse company I have ever worked for. Dead end job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Company to work for
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, PennslyvaniaMay 16, 2014
I enjoyed my time with company. Enjoyed traveling, helping others to find their potential.
Fun place to work...
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 21, 2014
Company closed in Nov 2011. So there in no need for a review because the company in no longer.
High Sales environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MISeptember 22, 2012
If you are a rockstar at sales and don't mind sales goals this is the place for you.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks
Family Business
Rep (Current Employee) –  hummlestownJuly 3, 2013
Overall TCC is a great place to work. There is a lot of fun inside the stores that creates a great work atmosphere.

Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection Reviews by Job Title