Moraine Park Technical College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Nursing assistant Course
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIMay 14, 2017
I went to Moraine Park for my Nursing Assistant course which I received my diploma.
This course allowed me to learn the right way to assist patients. It also would prepare me for the Annual state test.
Pros
Learning the right way to do skills, and safer methods to care for patients.
Cons
Lots to remember
Informative
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 27, 2017
This place lets me learn variety of jobs. However, you are pretty much on your own although everyone is helpful. They are willing to reteach and help out.
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIDecember 13, 2016
Tutoring through MPTC is a great way to make a little extra cash. Its nice to be able to keep on top of previous classes and pick your own hours.
Pros
extra cash
Cons
temporary
Enjoyable
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIOctober 5, 2016
Enjoyable work environment with friendly staff and students. Allows me to work around my class and work schedule so that I can still help students in need.
MPTC Job Review
Temporary Assistant 2 - Library (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMarch 30, 2016
I worked in the Student Success Center and the Library. I was a work study in each of these jobs which helped me finance my education. With training in the Student Success Center, if I encountered a student struggling in a class I would direct them to the Student Success Center for more assistance. Being a student with experience on the MPTC website, while working in the Library, I would encounter students struggling with the website. I would write down instructions of how to navigate through the system. This was a great comfort to the older students returning to school after being out of many years.
Mptc
Sales Associate at NTB (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 12, 2014
I have been very fortunate to have the teachers in my program. They are very knowledgeable and are working tirelessly to get all of us a job!
Pros
Starting a career
Cons
Takes time away from current job
Great!
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WiDecember 26, 2013
I had a very easy time signing up for classes, when a class was not offered that I needed they let me substitute classes, which gave me the ability to graduate in 1 year instead of 2. I feel as if I learned a lot and will have the skills I need. I was hired as the human resources intern at Moraine Park as well, which was incredibly knowledgeable. I learned a lot of about document imaging, applicant tracking, screening, interviewing at different levels and much more. I love the people I worked with and the environment in which I worked in.
Great Experience
Computer Technical Support Temp (internship) (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 26, 2013
I learned a lot working at Moraine Park and it was a great experience.
Was able to help fellow students that were struggling in classes.
Tech Support Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 8, 2013
While I was attending MPTC, I was given the opportunity to help fellow students excel in classes that they were failing. This job gave me a sense of accomplishment that I did not have prior to attending school. I was paid minimum wage during this time to supplement my schooling. I would meet with a select student during out of class times and teach them what they would need to know to pass the class. I also wrote notes for students that did not know how to take good notes. The hardest part of the job was when the students did not show up to get help.
Pros
Feeling needed
Cons
The job only lasted until I graduated.
Love to cook for others.
Short-order Cook (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 4, 2013
Breakfast,lunch dinner cook. What people liked and disliked for specials. Great. team work. Pleasing everyone. The people.
Pros
getting to work in a culinary cafeteria.
The culture, policies and procedures leave much to be desired.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 9, 2012
There is a lot of work to be done to bring the adjunct staff up to a better level of involvement within the program areas.
Pros
there are some really nice people that work there
Cons
many
Fun Place to go to Shool
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIApril 26, 2012
Full time Student
I liked the night classes.
Teachers are very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moraine Park Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4