Moraine Valley Community College Employee Reviews

Nice people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed the environment of the department. They director was very understanding. They pay could be better. I would work there again if they increase the pay.
Work-study approved
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 22, 2017
While working at Moraine you'd think i was a staff member, but no I was actually a work-study employee. I was a full-time student at Moraine and thought it'd be interesting to work there as well. They work well with your schedule and give you easy tasks to do. Its enjoyable and slow paced but as you work more you give you more responsibility when they trust you at that point.
Great place to work for most
Assistant Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILNovember 16, 2017
My manager did not care for the staff and it showed by the way he scheduled the events with no regard for staff, as well as enough time to properly setup and work events
Wonderful Community College Atmosphere
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILNovember 1, 2017
The best part of MVCC is the students and coworkers. Everyone there seems to be on the same page and looking to achieve a common purpose. The campus is expanding and the facilities are getting much stronger, which only adds to the experience of working there.
Pros
Location, Students, Colleagues
Cons
Not Enough Computer Labs
review
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILOctober 24, 2017
I get to learned about a typical office day.
The hours were flexible because I had school work to do.
I went from one end to the campus to the other end of the campus.
Short-term job
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 23, 2017
This was a temporary job teaching laid-off workers new skills. It was difficult to teach there because they had me in a large open room with other classes taking place at the same time. My voice didn't project too well and it was hard for students to hear me.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Too much noise in the classroom
Great place to learn!
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Cook County, ILOctober 13, 2017
It was a perfect place to work because I just had to walk accros the campus. I've got to learn a lot about Anatomy and Microbiology. I should say that this job is not for the people who are sensitive to smells. :)
Pros
Time to do your homework
Workload is decent
Tutor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILOctober 11, 2017
Coworkers are very helpful. The supervisors are typically reasonable with the day to day running of the institution. There is a lot of support at the tutoring center.
Hardest part of the job
Transfer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILOctober 10, 2017
So much to do and not enough time to do it all. Great atmosphere and colleagues, I just wish I could do more. There are so many great ideas and initiatives... learning is always promoted and supported.
This was a learning Internship for College Credit
Internship program for one semester (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 12, 2017
This was an Internship for college credit, so I did not get paid for my work there. Instead I received valuable insight and knowledge of how the different parts of an IT department work/work together.
Little hours, long travel distance
Developmental reading instructior (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJuly 5, 2017
I was not teaching enough classes so I was not able to continue working there. Even though I paid into a pension, I couldn't justify the driving with the little amount of money I was making.
Pros
Interesting work, pension.
Cons
Far drive, too little money.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Audio Engineer & Scene Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 23, 2017
This job has treated me very well. The staff is polite and easy going and has allowed me great opportunity for personal growth. I would recommend this employer to anyone
It's an awesome and peaceful workplace.
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMay 20, 2017
Working at Moraine was definitely the best ever. The people are intelligent, peaceful, encouraging people. With the job being at a school it makes it a lot more convenient when dealing with your schedule of classes. Of course education is important to them so they work around your schedule. I was a a student aid and learned so much about office work and how to be a mentor to my fellow colleagues. They were a huge part of my support system throughout community college. The work environment was clean, professional, and very peaceful.
Pros
We always had food or snacks to eat.
Cons
Didn't get breaks.
typical office setting
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 8, 2017
-Nice pace job
-quiet
-if young it may be too slow for your liking
-relaxing
-great people
-friendly environment
-business professional
-decent hours
Productive and educational place to work.
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 5, 2017
I would assist students in finding books for their classes while restocking the bookstore inventory. I also would pull online orders and made sure they made it to the customer efficiently
Student Aide
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMarch 22, 2017
Omg! the best Job i ever had! Great boss, she is really organized and helpful. I love this place. Great experience, my first job. They are really organized.
Productive workplace
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMarch 21, 2017
Very friendly coworkers and happy environment. Teaching kids how to swim sometimes was a struggle when they don't listen. Coworkers help each other out. My boss was cool; however, it is not fair for my boss's boss to do an evaluation on us when she does not know our personality or even our names.
Pros
Free gym useage
Cons
Evaluation from someone who didn't even know our names
Morane Valley's assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calumet Park, ILFebruary 25, 2017
Assisting teachers with their task. I would help them grade the students work and organize roomspace for playing.In addtion to seeing them safely to the washroom and bus stations.
Pros
Helping kids grow bright
Cons
In the morning I could be pretty restless
Wonderful environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILFebruary 16, 2017
I started my education at Moraine Valley. I love that my career has come full circle and that I can give back. I enjoy teaching and sharing my experiences.
Academia
Psychology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Moraine was a school with a diverse international population. I only worked there a year but my experience was enjoyable.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Two hour drive for me on a daily basis