Moran Transportation Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Striaght Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 5, 2017
Poor management ..no raises or overtime pay all straight pay...the owner of the whole Maron Transportation company doesn't care about his people and treats people like they're nothing. Very high turn over rate..no new trucks .The liftgates on the trucks are bent which is very unsafe. I recommend to stay far away as possible from this company
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor management
looking to driving semi.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 7, 2017
I don't like how they load trucks and the amount of work you do you,ll
not getting paid what you'll worth,they don't have a pay scale and when I started I wanted to drive tractor trailer but he needed me to drive straight truck but I was promise when I got hire that I would drive tractor trailer,now that I done drove so long he told me he needs me driving straight and he also promise me a raise and I been their over a year and a half and I haven't receive one yet and I need to drive tractor trailer before I lose my skills I just need a chance to drive tractor trailer so I can move on.
Productive and good job
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 5, 2017
Nice place to work at. Family owned and operated. I like the nice equipment and the people that work there are also very funny and kind. Overall I have no complaints and if I do, management will listen to them.
Pros
Healthcare & new trucks
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Great job! Nice, new trucks!
LTL Straight Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILOctober 28, 2017
Great job, nice people, great product/freight to work with, and nice new trucks. I like working here for the past 4 years. Family owned company, so everyone cares.
Pros
New trucks & healthcare
Cons
Na
good job
Straight Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 19, 2017
This is a private family owned trucking company that has several terminals in the upper Midwest. It is more family oriented and therefore has a more relaxed atmosphere. The job can become tedious, so you need to mix it up a bit. Nice having some freedom when working as compared to other companies.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Could get an angry customer
Nice place to work at
LTL P&D Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 11, 2017
MTC is a nice place to work at. I'm treated with respect and get to drive new equipment. I like meeting new customers and the people I work with daily. I plan on staying here until I retire.
Pros
Healthcare & new equipment
Cons
DOT pulling you over is annoying. But that's a trucker's life.
Nice place to spend my day.
LTL Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 9, 2017
Nice place to work at. I'm a P&D driver at Moran who also helps out a little with the dock. A typical day for me is to come in, unload the linehaul trailers from other Moran locations. I help load some of the trucks and then go on out and deliver freight. I then usually take my lunch and then I check my Moran radio/phone for my pick ups. Every once and a while, I do linehaul to Moran's Corporate location in Chicago or to their Indy or Bloomington office.
Pros
Nice People & Good Equipment
Cons
not the best place to work
Dock Foreman/Class A CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 9, 2017
I loved my job loading and unloading the trucks ,driving semi, doing manifesting and routing,getting the drivers ready for the day, answering the phone the company has no respect for their employees a lot of turn over
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no respect
Great place to be at!
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 25, 2017
I've been with MTC for the past 17 years and I still love coming to work everyday to see everyone at dispatch and on the dock. I also like how your not stuck behind a desk the whole day and you can just get in the truck and go to see new people and places everyday!
Pros
Great People & Nice Clean new trucks
Cons
N/a
No overtime paid!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 20, 2017
Unorganized, unprofessional, terrible trucks to drive, routing is horrible! The employees all hate their jobs, so every morning they spend the first half hour talking about how horrible the working conditions are.
Pros
Plenty of hours available because everyone quits. I quit!
Cons
Moran is a job but no real career path is obvious.
Linehaul Semi Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 18, 2017
Moran is a good place to work. I would like more transparency as it relates to pay progression versus the good old boy approach. I would like sick and personal days. I would like better linehaul tractors.
Pros
Lots of freight to work with
Cons
No sick pay or personal day pay
Nice place to work at
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 22, 2017
Very nice place to work at. Good people. Decent product. I acutely don't mind too much waking up and going to work here. Good challenge-yet not too tough.
Pros
Good people, technology, etc.
busy work place
Customer Service Representative/OS&D Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day included walking the dock to check in freight and deal with claims for any lost or damaged freight as well. Answer phones assist drivers in routes, fax, file, go through driver paperwork
Great Job, fun people
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2017
Seeing different people everyday and not having the same old scenery and a place where everyday is a different day is the great part of my job. Everyone works together to get the job done right the first time. Good and friendly people to work with. MTC takes good care of us.
Pros
30 min lunch, free meals for some holidays
Cons
Work is the customer has no dock.
Fun people to work with
Chauffeur Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 18, 2017
Meeting customers is the great part of my job and the people I work with. Deliverys can be a challenge at times if there is no dock and as for pick ups.
Pros
30 min lunch everyday
Cons
Medical benifits
Fun place to work out. Employees typically happy
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 3, 2014
A typical work day consisted of loading and unloading trucks and trailers and staging the freight in appropriate marked zones in order to get freight to its right location. I learned how to operate heavy machinery like a forklift. I also learned how to use a pallet jack and how to read inbound manifests.The management was all around pretty good, not flawless but good. My co workers were great to work with. Everyone was happy and had no problems with each other. Everyone worked as a team and got the job done. The hardest part was working in freezing cold temperatures in the winter. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving the forklift
fun place to work for
Cross Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  elkgrove villageOctober 1, 2013
everyone works together to get the job done, work are very hard workers,
couldnt wait to clock out
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 10, 2013
supervisers that dont listen to problems, they tell you to deal with it yourself, owner is a grumpy old guy that doesnt treat there driver right
independent working
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 3, 2013
pick-upand delevery of product , i didn't see managment or co-workers during the day , i liked the independant working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moran Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.