Moravian Village of Bethlehem

Moravian Village of Bethlehem Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
struggling to survive
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 13, 2016
This job does not pay enough to survive in order to balance life between work and home. I barely make enough to survive. For the amount of work an aide does the pay should be way higher. It does matter if insurance is offered if you ca't afford it.
Certified Nurses Aide
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 2, 2016
My normal day at Moravian was waking patients up washing them up getting them ready for doctor appointments or activities. My co-workers where great we always worked as a team. Hardest part of my job was when my residents pass away. Most enjoyable part of my job was all of it. I loved my job and providing good quality of care.
Very oppressive work environment. hourly staff held to a different standart than salaried management.
Director Food & Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Priorities constantly change without warning. Senior management refuses to take responsibility for problems. Very hostile work place. Staff pitted against each other constantly.
Pros
Great hourly staff
Cons
Out of touch senior management
great co-workers and environment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem PAOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at Moravian Village was fast paced and challenging, i assisted the elderly with daily living activities and administered medication, i also did blood sugar test and at times took vitals, i enjoyed my time at Moravian and my co workers were superb which made job task efficient and productive.
Pros
great environment
Cons
nature of the lob was at times taken for granted by supervisors
Healthcare enviroment, great staff, confising senior management.
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 10, 2015
A great place to work, but a difficult commute. Worked directly with customers, who were sometimes difficult, but was good at providing solutions. Managed staff of over 65 employees, mostly entry level, and enjoyed that experience. This is a retirement community and meals are the highlight of the day. The residents were great and coworkers worked in collaboration with each other.
Pros
Great staff, free meals, good benefits
Cons
comute/distance, phsically heavy
Great residents, bad workplace
Dining Staff (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 10, 2014
Place was a joke, full of "high school drama" from both employees and management.
Most enjoyable part were the residents who were very sweet.
The hardest part was having to work under ridiculous conditions.
Great Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 17, 2013
I mostly worked with Alzheimer patients and it was a blast. Taking care of people is such a blessing. I love making residents feel amazing I would bathe my patients everyday, shave the men daily, and make the women feel beautiful by painting their nails and curling their hair. There's not a better feeling than knowing your making a difference in another individuals life.
front desk
Facility Services (Former Employee) –  BethlehemApril 17, 2013
senior citizens are great to work with especially learning history from them
Pros
decent breaks
Productive Day at work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 7, 2013
Typical day at work is unpredicatable for me. I am currently a Full Time second shift float CNA. Every day I come in I'm in a different place. Ive learned how to multi task and be diverse due to the different environments I'm every day I'm at work.. The management is awesome, very understanding, and compassionate with the employees. The hardest part of the job is accomadating to different ypes of residents and helping them in a timely manner.. The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity
Good Job
CNA (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 16, 2013
I come in the morning and have to get people up and washed before they go to therapy. I serve breakfast and lunch. Make sure the resident are toilet before I leave at 3.
It is not a grea t place
Dietary Aide/ DISHWASHER (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 13, 2013
I have no typical day I learn that I want to leave is not pleasant I like sime of them in doing dishes going home
Pros
free lunch christmas bonus
Cons
no breaks
works hard to involve residents and their families
Medical Tech/ Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 31, 2012
Assisting the residents with daily living activities through out the day. I learned alot about nursing homes. Mnagement was ok. Co-workers were nice. the hardest part was watching residents wait for their families show up and some being disappointed. I enjoyed learning from the residents.
Pros
healthy foods
Cons
short breaks
Interesting place to work nice people
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 19, 2012
I have many tasks I need to tend to from the moment I enter the job. I enjoy working with the people I work with.
I have learned how to adapt to different surroundings
The Management can be very open at times.
I get along good with everyone
The hardest part of my job is that I am a perfectionist.
The most enjoyable part of work is that I like working with people.
Pros
great people
Cons
no room for growth