Morehead State University Employee Reviews

Hours were great.
PAINTER I/II (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYMarch 5, 2017
Decent job. Was terminated due to budget cuts. Pretty simple job completed work orders daily. and help our boss decided on our projects. could have handle the layoffs better.
I enjoyed the opportunity to help students reach their potential as nurses.l
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYFebruary 18, 2017
I would recommend this job to any nurses. Morehead State University is an excellent working environment. Working with student nurses has always been my passion. Staff are very helpful.
Learning experiences
Student Orientation And Registration Leader (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Work days were short but inventive, I had to teach myself new skills in order to keep up with my assigned projects and that was the hardest part, but I gained much experience. I loved getting to introduce new products to students and watch where the staff was taking the program. Everyone was laid back and on top of their work, most of which was individual, which allowed me space and time to learn.
This was a great career!
Multimedia Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYOctober 1, 2016
This was a great career that was knocked down to a run of the mill job due to poor management decsion! The people I worked with were like family. Loved the work!
Pros
Work
getting better
coach (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYSeptember 20, 2016
Athletics department seems to be improving. Although not great but getting better. Long hours for not much pay. If you are a part of the "good ole boy network" you'll have a job for life. If not, best of luck.
Grad assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 19, 2016
Salary could be better. Overall, I have found the work environment to be supportive and enjoyable. I really liked my supervisor.
n/a
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYMay 25, 2016
Quality of assistance depends on assigned course leader. Responsibilities also depend on assigned course. May require travel depending on location.
Great school, many activities for students.
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYApril 5, 2016
Being a campus RA is great. There is a lot of teamwork involved. Many learning experiences including campus activities, how to deal with certain situations and how to get involved.
Pros
free housing
Community oriented regional university
Adjunct Horticulture Instructor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 10, 2015
Morehead State University has a long history of serving the community and is continues to play a significant role in community development.
Excellent workplace with the opportunity to develop personal skills.
Athletic Business Manager, Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 4, 2015
Was given the opportunity to develop programs for the university that would enhance the overall operations of the workplace. Was able to make suggestions to improve productivity and the suggestions were "heard" by management.
Pros
Freedom to plan and try new things.
Cons
Cannot think of one negative comment.
Fun place where make new friends.
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYAugust 26, 2015
I had a great time getting to know my associates and students who came to the bookstore. I learned a lot of different skills in different areas of the bookstore. My coworkers did an excellent job training me and helping when it was needed.
Fun and great place to work!!
Clinical Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYAugust 25, 2015
Was able to share my knowledge with new and upcoming radiologic technologist. Working as a clinical Lab instructor also helped to keep my skills in tact. Working with vibrant students made the teaching fun and I looked forward to it weekly.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead KyJune 8, 2015
Enjoyable and great place to work! I enjoyed everything Morehead State Univesity had to offer! I loved everyone I worked with, and learned a lot the years I spent there as well.
Productive workplace
Police Telecommunicator (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me is recording a daily log of each officer on duty. Receiving and sending information through a police radio. I've learned how to condense large amounts of information into readable, sensibly typed remarks in a timely manner and have the ability to recall numerous acronyms and codes essential to appropriate call processing.
Productive and Educational
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYApril 20, 2015
I worked as par of an undergraduate research fellowship. A typical day at work involved taking measurements of sky brightness at night and then recording an plotting the data.

I learned how to manage and maintain large amounts of data, produce legible plots that provide useful information, and how to present the data in an orderly way such that it is easy to comprehend. I also learned how to give public presentations at competitions.

The professor and students that I worked with were very valuable and provided help whenever possible.

The hardest part of the job was the late night hours which was required to obtain night sky measurements.

The most enjoyable part of the job was presenting at competitions and actually placing second place at a competition with ten other competitors.
Pros
Great Learning Experience, Great Professors
Cons
Part Time, No Advancement
Great hours, terrible management
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Worked as a professor there for 12 years. A couple of my coworkers did not have the same teaching philosophy as I did and they leveraged their pull with the Provost and President to have me released. Black-balling is very common practice there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Coworkers
Computer lab assistant and Tutor
Computer Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 27, 2014
I opened the lab at 2:00pm and closed the lab at 11:00pm every Sunday. As a student worker, I was given my own computer station where I was allowed to work on homework assignments while at work as long I was not scheduled to tutor that day. Working on Sundays allowed me more time during the week to be apart of school groups and art competitions.
Pros
own desk and computer
Cons
short breaks
Good Co-workers and a decent workplace.
Building Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 18, 2014
A typical day at work starts with ensuring that the dorm area I am responsible for is clean and tidy so that the students have a clean place to study and relieve the stress they deal with everyday. After my time doing that, I then go and make sure that the campus looks clean by removing the recyclable materials from their bins and depositing them at the local recycling center, and delivering any supply orders that are made. The members of Management that I work for make the job enjoyable as they treat me more like a friend rather than a simple worker. The co-workers that I work with are some of the friendliest and most helpful people on campus, with a willingness to help complete tasks or lend cleaning supplies as needed, and during breaks, provide some interesting and entertaining conversations. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the students, professors, and staff compliment on the job done cleaning and maintaining the buildings. The main problems that occur usually happen because the different departments on campus want to believe that their jobs should come before any other jobs that need to be done, and this leads to a congestion of work and sometimes some angry people that feel they are being ignored.
Pros
Good health coverage
Cons
Poor interaction between departments
Great place to learn
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 6, 2014
Good senior staff to learn from. I also enjoyed the coaching staff.
Great GA Position
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYOctober 24, 2014
Everyone in this office was a joy to work with, and I gained valuable administrative, clerical, filing and data entry experience.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not a permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morehead State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3