Morehead State University Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 26, 2017
A fantastic place to work and pursue school simultaneously. Knowledgeable management and administration in an cooperative working environment helped to provide a great place to work. Highly recommended.
Pros
Closeness to classes, great learning opportunity
Cons
Fewer available hours than some might prefer
University
Student Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 5, 2017
Not a bad place to work. The work life balance was good for me and my boss was great. The problem was that budget cuts have been seriously impacting staffing.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Unstable environment
The most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Director of Testing (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job were working with the students to help them succeed. The students are the highlight of working at Morehead State University. Other perks were Christmas break and other Holidays off so I could be with my children.
Productive work place
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYDecember 4, 2017
The work day goes by really quick because there is always something to be done. I learned any clerical duties. Sometimes the work environment can be stressful at times.
Great
Catering Director-ARAMARK (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 27, 2017
Would stay forever. Love the university. Great place to be. Friendly enviroment. Love the students and being around the learning of a higher institution.
Pros
Great
Slow-pased/Rural Communkty
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 17, 2017
A good starting work environment for young faculty just out of graduate school. The Public school system is not academically challenging for employees with young children. No recreational or shopping centers.
Rewarding and Productive
Special Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 9, 2017
MSU was a great place to work. I worked mainly with the Deans and President of the University, The relationship was great. President Andrews made a great effort to reach out to the region and help students. I always felt like I was with family while at Morehead State University. The quality of education they offer the students is fantastic. I would recommend the University highly to any student or potential faculty worker. I will always have a special place in my heart for MSU.
Nice job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 7, 2017
I worked at the library on MSU campus for a few years. Relaxing environment and balanced workload. I would recommend the job to anyone who likes a slow quiet place to work.
low wages and constant threat of layoff
Adjunct professor (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 4, 2017
The university is undergoing significant financial cuts resulting in increased tuition and reduction of staff. Recent developments have included a parking garage, new dorms, a new student center, a new wellness center and increased food services. This comes at a price to faculty and staff who are often the first to be cut to provide such services. Most recent development is the removal of health services from campus.
Pros
great location, great people to work with
Cons
poor benefits, job insecurity
A rewarding experience and thrilled to help
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYOctober 10, 2017
I would love to work in higher education. It is rewarding to help people achieve their goals and to learn new things everyday. I also enjoyed the people as all are naturally educated hardworking professionals.
Pros
Access to university facilities, Gym, Library etc.
Cons
Low pay for Graduate assistant.
Work Study
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYSeptember 24, 2017
It was a great place to work while attending classes. They really worked around my schedule and cared about me as a person. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and branching out more when it came to socializing. My boss was kind and understanding and really made sure i knew how to do my job effectively and effortlessly.
fun
Equine assistant (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYSeptember 6, 2017
its my federal work study, I get paid minimum wage and it all goes toward my school loans. I am an equine student and work in the horse barns, I put this on here for my horse experience
Great boss
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYAugust 20, 2017
I would research articles on healthcare ethics within hospitals around that area and report back to my supervisor and let him know what I found in my researching.
Operated in and out of NCAA D1 athletic department
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYAugust 10, 2017
Was able to see the before, during, and after of collegiate athletics. Prep work for marketing, ticketing, sales, etc. The event itself, and the aftermath. Along with the paperwork that goes along with all of these spectacles.
Pros
Free entry to university athletics
Cons
Long hours that aren't financially compensated for
Easy job and super nice management
Interlibrary Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 22, 2017
Very easy work, and very reasonable management. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with. Hours are very flexible and last minute time off was never a problem.
Pros
Easy scheduling, pleasant atomsphere
Cons
low pay
Great place for student workers
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 17, 2017
Great way to earn some extra money while taking classes. Excellent at helping students earn experiences that will help with all future endevers. highly recomend
Great experience
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJune 20, 2017
This was a great opportunity for me that I could not have received anywhere else. I am very thankful for the opportunity, and it was very useful to help me decide what I wanted to do in the future.
Great university
Staff Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 19, 2017
Great university to work for. They really helped me advance in the field that I was looking to go into. Great staff and great location. Would definitely go back.
Employers are awesome
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJune 9, 2017
Depending on how you perceive this job many have their different opinions. Having the right attitude will make this job perfect for the right individual who loves developing healthy relationships with those inside and outside the community.
Wonderful learning and working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYApril 18, 2017
Morehead State University is a wonderful learning and working environment. The relaxed atmosphere my particular position possessed was a wonderful fit for a stressed out graduate student. Though temporary, I will always be thankful for the position I have held and the relationships I have formed!
Pros
Great learning and working environment
Cons
Was only a temporary position, doesn't pay a lot