Morehouse College

Morehouse College Employee Reviews

Great working environment. Always met new people.
Student Support Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
A typical day working with event setup includes setting up all chairs and tables to their liking on campus at Morehouse College. My co-workers were all laid back and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people I met every day. I had a great chance to network every single day.
conducive learning environment
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMay 13, 2015
Pros: collaborative work environment
Cons: small campus
Life and teaching at Morehouse was fun. Due to small class sizes, I had the opportunity to relate to students at personal level. I also had positive interactions with colleagues from all discipline, and camaraderie that I shared was worthwhile. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge I posed to student showcase their potential and their determination to explore topics in mathematics.
Productive Workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Lenient Schedule
Cons: Compensation
I really liked my supervisor, who was understanding about my course load and normally allowed me to catch up on homework or other assignments. I helped out with clerical duties and learned how to use Microsoft Excell, though the hardest part of working may have been explaining to professors why I had been absent from class and present work. All in all, I enjoyed the experience dearly.
excellent, productive, attention grabber
Electrician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free schooling for you and your family ( after a certain amount of time), good benefits and great environment
Cons: if you dont like being around teenagers then maybe this isnt for you
you could be anywhere on the campus at anytime doing what you love. The management is great and the kids on campus are very respective. The experience of the college life will be seen on a daily basis and you can come across some of your favorite celebrities including denzel washington and shaquille o'neil. the benefits are complimenting and the pay you cannot deny. also, you get a schedule that will work with any plans you might have.Ultimately, moehouse i know is good from experience and talking/watching others while working there but overall yu will be happy and enjoy working at morehouse college.
Work Study Student Program
Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2014
Available through student financial aid package.
Requires precision and accuracy.
Attention to detail and organization.
Regularly checking in with upper management for changes and assignments.
Student
Student (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 13, 2014
It is an amazing school. The level of expectancy is high. The teachers teach wonderful lectures.
Fun place to work. Enjoyed campus life. Fresh set of new faces every year
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed working on the campus. The students keep the campus "alive". Each year there was a fresh set of faces that you got to see change into young adults on the rise to successful. Gave you a sense of pride to be part of that!
Morehouse was a very fun and energetic work place; with an office culture of, "work and get the job done and then we have fun" .
AmeriCorps Summer Vista (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2014
A typical day at Morehouse is showing for work at 9:00 am and work until lunch which is roughly 12:30, or 1:00, depending on the day. Lunch is an hour and then you come back to the office, and the work day ends promptly at 4:00pm. the workday has periodic conversations or water cooler talks and has an overall family feel.
Helping young men with financial problems, major problems.
Administrative Assistant/Program Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: seeing the boys bloom into independent men
Cons: nasa discontinued funds
Answered phones, talked to young mens' families and help them to decide if Morehouse is the place for the child. Seeing the boys graduate and leave was the hardest part.

I enjoyed the events and tour planning that included their education for engineering.
Quiet and productive environment
English Tutor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Serving as English Tutor of the Multimedia Writing Skills Lab, I sharpened my proofreading and editing skills.
Positive, friendly, cooperative, environment.
Atlanta University Colleges Research Day Judge (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work evaluations based on end of the week output not daily check markers.
Cons: healthcare
In by 9 or a little later because I have the option to work from home. Working until an approximate lunch time, and give or take an hour for the lunch. Each day was a learning experience where I became more proficient at research compilation, and presentation. While in the lab I only reported to my research supervisor and had no real co-workers other than occasional lab additions of students. The autonomy suited me well, attributing the most difficult part of my job to adjusting my work presentations to suit the varied research styles of the multiple professors I'd compile research under. Even with the difficulties presented I enjoyed every aspect of the job.
Educative
INTERN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: pay
This was a great learning experience for what being a scientist is like.
Relaxing envronment
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2014
Great environment for a student to work in. Simple tasks and laid back supervisors for the most part.
Et facta est lux
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
It goes without saying that Morehouse College is an illustrious institution unparallel to any other. The work atmosphere is made worthwhile as faculty and staff watch the conversion of boys to men. Academic excellence is truly a standard of high regard, and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that ultimately everything we do enhances the college's reputation and appeal.
Great place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: there are none.
Awesome staff, awesome pay. Being that it is on a college campus, this position gave me a sense of pride knowing I was actually making a difference in students lives.
Relaxed, very caring work place
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee), Atlanta,GAMarch 21, 2014
I can say a typical day at Morehouse is one where you learn everyday. It challenges you to grow each day as the week goes on, whether it is communicating with peers or handling business with students.
Productive and Good working place
DBA - System Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2014
Great management
Professional
Business oriented
Very busy environment
Productive fun placve to work
level 2 Technical analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta GAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work was fun and productive. I handled teir 2 calls and have high recomendation from this job.
excelent school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2014
Its a nice job the people are nice and care for the well being of the school and the future students.
Good work environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: student and faculty interaction
Cons: no benefits
Teach legal based course in the Sociology discipline.
Advise students.