Morehouse College Employee Reviews in United States

The students make this place worth while....
Senior Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2016
Its a small college with a staff and faculty that committed to ensuring the student experience is top notch. Hardest part of the job was understanding who had authority and politics..
Pros
Benefits and students
Cons
Antiquated infrastructure and lags in technology
Senior Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2015
Morehouse was my first real experience of job fulfillment and satisfaction because this college was predominantly black and male. So this allowed me to witness black men that were working towards professional and educational goals, which was a positive definable event for me, and for them. Again, the most enjoyable part of the job seeing the young men graduate and go out into the world to make their mark.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No much tuition benefits for employees
No we dont have game at word it all boy school that stay open 7 days
Customer Service/Food Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaMarch 9, 2016
Well my typical day at Morehouse college has always been good day and that have been bad day.The type person I am I no how control.my attiude toward employee and also customer service to me is very important.I like to win when am working with company I like for my customer to walk away with smile not with complaint.I learn how to work in fast pace get the job done on task.And also if an employer is behind go help them finshed they project.My coworker and myself we ok at end of day I don't come work make friends I come get job done.I cant complain about no hardest days of work.Enjoyable day of work is my off days.
Pros
we get free lunch only one time
Cons
hour breaks 30 minutes
Worst place to work ever
Police dept (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,gaOctober 25, 2015
Management is the worst, they want blood,sweet from you. If you have a family ,say goodbye to them because the school wants you to put your job first and your family on the bottom of your personal life. Pay is bad ,so they get you by saying ,work overtime to make a decent income. I rather be off with my family then putting job first. Insurance keeps going up every year. Bunch of back stabbers to try and get promoted. Misfits all over the place that have no proper training...I wouldn't send my enemy's to work their .the students aren't safe constantly getting robbed on campus and off. Plenty of drugs being moved inside campus and in the dorms. No protection because they put security in uniforms that look like they are police officers but they are NOT. The criminals known it so it's open season on the campus for the staff and students to get robbed.
Productive Workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
I really liked my supervisor, who was understanding about my course load and normally allowed me to catch up on homework or other assignments. I helped out with clerical duties and learned how to use Microsoft Excell, though the hardest part of working may have been explaining to professors why I had been absent from class and present work. All in all, I enjoyed the experience dearly.
Pros
Lenient Schedule
Cons
Compensation
excellent, productive, attention grabber
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2014
you could be anywhere on the campus at anytime doing what you love. The management is great and the kids on campus are very respective. The experience of the college life will be seen on a daily basis and you can come across some of your favorite celebrities including denzel washington and shaquille o'neil. the benefits are complimenting and the pay you cannot deny. also, you get a schedule that will work with any plans you might have.Ultimately, moehouse i know is good from experience and talking/watching others while working there but overall yu will be happy and enjoy working at morehouse college.
Pros
free lunches, free schooling for you and your family ( after a certain amount of time), good benefits and great environment
Cons
if you dont like being around teenagers then maybe this isnt for you
Admissions & Recruitment Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2015
Morehouse College: I was part of the admissions & recruitment team for 12 years, working with students and their parents help with information for as financial, book, tuition, etc. And work with Morehouse College summer school programs: freshman's and alumnus of the college and tour of the campus. I enjoy my position with high education. Also work with managing the 8 recruiter when they was on the road. I was the head of admissions office, I was the 1st person the visitor meant. My position was elinmated
Professional Work Environment
Special Events and Brand Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2015
Morehouse College bears a rich heritage in the education and enrichment of young men. Over the past five years I have gained a wealth of professional knowledge, met a number of wonderful people (students, parents and professionals), and walked in the essence of great men and women.

A typical work day at Morehouse is fast-paced: from assisting students to working to ensure that a campus-wide event goes well. Working at the College enables one to sharpen their time-management, organizational, customer services and computer skills.
Great experience working with students helping them reach their full potential.
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Office of Housing & Residence LifeSeptember 8, 2015
If your passion is to help students reach their potential then working at Morehouse College is very rewarding, like it was for me. There is a lot of red tape and politics that sometimes gets in the way of helping students or making the college better but it is kind of expected from a private institution. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with my colleagues, other departments, and the students. There are a lot of things Morehouse College lacks compared to other state universities but that just makes it easier for you to find your niche and help out where needed.
Pros
Mentoring and advising students
Learning enviorment and flexiblity
Childhood Obesity Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Conducted field research on childhood obesity. Introduced structured play, and conducted nutrition education to child care centers who participated. Evaluated children's obesity through post test and pretest.
Pros
Learning enviroment
Cons
Part TIme
learned alot about medical supplys
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
co workers was fun to work for the company went out of business so I had to find employment the doctors always would tell me your rite on time
Pros
family picnics every year
Cons
really was no cons
Ratings need to be back up
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2012
Senior Management/Managers/Supervisors need to improve there skills in many areas and be more kind to there staff:
More promotions for those that deserve it:
Pay raises for those that's being under paid.
Staff being wrongful terminated and mistreated unfairly at times:
Some Managers/Supervisors need to step down for not being qualified Managers:
Employees that was wrongful terminated for the wrong reason(s) should be paid for being wrongful terminated regardless of what the law says:
At Morehouse it's who you know to get a job or promotion.
Pros
school breaks and holidays are good
Cons
better healthcare, better food service need more police officers.
Informative and friendly environment
Maroon Tiger Sports, Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2015
Morehouse is a great environment to work in, due to the limitless amount of networks and connections available. It is a secure and efficient environment to work with other clients from outside of the campus because everything is easily accessible. I work really well with my co-workers on a daily basis, and we continuously get new ideas and learn new techniques. Overall it is a great place to work. I am just looking for a change if scenery.
work study student
Resident Advisor and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2015
Regular office work dealing with college students and parents and accounts for housing students and meal plans. I was also a resident adviser which I to manage students living in buildings.
Pros
free housing
Cons
pay rate
Overall Review
Front Desk Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2015
This place is a great environment. At times it can be intense, however, many of the employees gets the assignments successfully completed. Everyone is supportive towards one another. There is no competition or vertical functions.
very good atmosphere
Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2015
the Morehouse environment was very comforting and inviting. My co-workers were all hardworking and pleasant to be around. My boss was expected success but was also ecouraging
conducive learning environment
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaMay 13, 2015
Life and teaching at Morehouse was fun. Due to small class sizes, I had the opportunity to relate to students at personal level. I also had positive interactions with colleagues from all discipline, and camaraderie that I shared was worthwhile. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge I posed to student showcase their potential and their determination to explore topics in mathematics.
Pros
collaborative work environment
Cons
small campus
Good work environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Teach legal based course in the Sociology discipline.
Advise students.
Pros
student and faculty interaction
Cons
no benefits
Great working environment. Always met new people.
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
A typical day working with event setup includes setting up all chairs and tables to their liking on campus at Morehouse College. My co-workers were all laid back and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people I met every day. I had a great chance to network every single day.
Great Coaching Staff
ASSISTANT COACH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 13, 2015
Morehouse College really had some coaches who knew what they were talking about, who helped me expand my football knowledge. It is a prestgeous school, and I would recommend it to anyone who was interested.

4.2