Morehouse College

Morehouse College Employer Reviews

Quiet and productive environment
English Tutor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Serving as English Tutor of the Multimedia Writing Skills Lab, I sharpened my proofreading and editing skills.
Positive, friendly, cooperative, environment.
Atlanta University Colleges Research Day Judge (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work evaluations based on end of the week output not daily check markers.
Cons: healthcare
In by 9 or a little later because I have the option to work from home. Working until an approximate lunch time, and give or take an hour for the lunch. Each day was a learning experience where I became more proficient at research compilation, and presentation. While in the lab I only reported to my research supervisor and had no real co-workers other – more... than occasional lab additions of students. The autonomy suited me well, attributing the most difficult part of my job to adjusting my work presentations to suit the varied research styles of the multiple professors I'd compile research under. Even with the difficulties presented I enjoyed every aspect of the job. – less
Educative
INTERN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: pay
This was a great learning experience for what being a scientist is like.
Relaxing envronment
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2014
Great environment for a student to work in. Simple tasks and laid back supervisors for the most part.
Et facta est lux
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
It goes without saying that Morehouse College is an illustrious institution unparallel to any other. The work atmosphere is made worthwhile as faculty and staff watch the conversion of boys to men. Academic excellence is truly a standard of high regard, and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that ultimately everything we do enhances the college's – more... reputation and appeal. – less
Great place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: there are none.
Awesome staff, awesome pay. Being that it is on a college campus, this position gave me a sense of pride knowing I was actually making a difference in students lives.
Relaxed, very caring work place
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee), Atlanta,GAMarch 21, 2014
I can say a typical day at Morehouse is one where you learn everyday. It challenges you to grow each day as the week goes on, whether it is communicating with peers or handling business with students.
Productive and Good working place
DBA - System Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2014
Great management
Professional
Business oriented
Very busy environment
Productive fun placve to work
level 2 Technical analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta GAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work was fun and productive. I handled teir 2 calls and have high recomendation from this job.
excelent school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2014
Its a nice job the people are nice and care for the well being of the school and the future students.
Good work environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: student and faculty interaction
Cons: no benefits
Teach legal based course in the Sociology discipline.
Advise students.
Faculty and Staff committed to student development.
Director of International Student Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2013
Ability to work with outstanding future global leaders. African American students committed to leadership development and community service
Currently under new Administration
AUDITING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2013
Organization is currently under new administration and things are rapidly changing
Interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2013
You have the opportunity to work with diverse communities. I enjoyed working with the students and watching them develop their leadership skills.
Productive and great place to work. With the right amount of fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta GAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: the constant feed back from management.
Cons: only paid once a month.
A typical day of consisted of working on the particular task I was given, then presenting the work I completed for the day to my supervisor. I learned how to properly allocate my time to reach certain deadlines. Also I learned how to correctly present my work once completed. Management was a pleasure to work with and very helpful if you had questions. – more... My co-workers we're great to work with and essentially we all became good friends. The hardest part of the job was working on a task that was fairly new to me. The most enjoyable part was completing those hard task. – less
Inspiring and Educational arena for men of color
Administrative Assistant II/Partnership Liaison (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2013
College held promising futures for college students. What I learned from the position that I held there was that every part of your daily duties had meaning in the education of the lives of the students. It was an honored to have worked there.
Great Work Enviroment.
Tech Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2013
Balanced, Productive, & Busy. Great Work Environment...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Love It!!
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2013
Students really make my day. I enjoy them so much. My coworkers are the best!!
Great opportunity to work at my alma mater
OUTSIDE LINEBACKER COACH / DEFENSIVE LINE COACH (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: knew many administratvie employees.
Cons: no healthcare
An opportunity to come back to my alma mater and coach and develop the talent we had and won. Before then, Morehouse did not have a 8 game winning season back to back since the 1930's. We maximized the skill set of our players talent and developed men. All of those young men are successful in their choice of employment and are doing well.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2013
Workers here are very friendly and reliable. They are very goal driven and expect their employees as well as students to be the same.