Morehouse College Employee Reviews

Employees seem to have better understanding about problems, more than the boss or managers.
HVAC Jr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2017
when had to fix or replace ac unit. Most likely we replaced it because the boss didn't have the knowledge on how to fix it. The boss also asked us how to do things.
Pros
5.00 all you can eat lunches
Cons
dumb bosses
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2017
A typical day included working with internal and external customers.
Morehouse College provided computer training for their administrative assistants so I took advantage of the training. Employees are not very trusting of management and the morale is not good. The hardest part of my job were people not responding to email requests. Working with our students was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
holidays
Cons
morale of employees not good
amazing smiles and warm hearts
Tutor Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my work environment alot. I had to work with about 15 students a day. Watching then grow every day was very heart warming. I have worked with Morehouse Atlanta upward bound for about 2 years. the tasks I would have to do were help students with your homework and also help teachers with lesson plans.
Nice community
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed my experience here. Although I never attended an HBCU, it was a great culture to be submerged in. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with such intelligent students and get the chance to mentor and develop them.
Bookstore
Cashier and Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
To obtain a position of responsibility. To utilize my skills in providing excellent customer service, organizing, instructing and being a diligent and skillful employee. To acquire knowledge in the health industry for the future goal of becoming a Nurse midwife.
N/a
Associate Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2016
Awesome place to work and incredible diverse faculty and staff. Students are exceptionally bright and still in contact with student mentee's that are now alumni. Coordinated and implemented several successful programs at MC and implemented the 1st Annual Student Leadership Conference.
Great work environment with co workers who where helpful and encouraging
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
Working as a C.H.I.L.L peer counselor was a very rewarding experience. I was able to develop great communication skills with my peers and was also able to help several classmates through issue they were having in school and life.
Inspiring place to work
Graduate Theological Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2016
I had the pleasure of working in the Martin Luther King, Jr. International Chapel. I learned just as must as I taught. I received just as much as I gave. I was loved and nurtured just as much as I gave love and care to the students and staff I worked alongside. It is the most memorable experience I could have and Morehouse is one of the best employers in the world.
Pros
lunch and learns, travel, meet and greets
Cons
Great experience and great supervision
Temporary Coordinator of Disability Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
As a Counseling Intern you are provided with clients on a consistent basis, especially if you request for more clients. You are also giving plenty of supervision on a regular basis.

As a Disability Service Coordinator you are expected to facilitate reasonable accommodation request from students, communicate with students and their caregivers about their requests, and to provide some counseling services. On a typical day you could have multiple phone conversations with parents, meet with a few students (and/or parents) to discuss how the accommodations are working for them, and replying and sending emails related to accommodation request.
Pros
Great staff and great teamwork
Rewarding and satisfying working with students daily
Student Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
Conflict-resolution daily in assisting students. Each situation and student is different; no two issues are the same. One of the hardest part of my job is not having the necessary tools (technology and finances) to completely help the student.
Pros
students
Cons
necessary technology tools and systems to enhance productivity
Open (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2016
The employer is a great place to utilize your talents and skills. It is a pleasure to work with an organization where the mission is to educate our future generation.
This was a great experience.
Program Manager, Race to the Top (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
This job was ideal because I could set my own schedule. I enjoyed
working with Science teachers and helping to make their teaching
more enjoyable. Since I was a Science teacher, I had a lot of
empathy for them.
Pros
I could set my own schedule.
Cons
There were no benefits.
The students make this place worth while....
Senior Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2016
Its a small college with a staff and faculty that committed to ensuring the student experience is top notch. Hardest part of the job was understanding who had authority and politics..
Pros
Benefits and students
Cons
Antiquated infrastructure and lags in technology
No we dont have game at word it all boy school that stay open 7 days
Customer Service/Food Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaMarch 9, 2016
Well my typical day at Morehouse college has always been good day and that have been bad day.The type person I am I no how control.my attiude toward employee and also customer service to me is very important.I like to win when am working with company I like for my customer to walk away with smile not with complaint.I learn how to work in fast pace get the job done on task.And also if an employer is behind go help them finshed they project.My coworker and myself we ok at end of day I don't come work make friends I come get job done.I cant complain about no hardest days of work.Enjoyable day of work is my off days.
Pros
we get free lunch only one time
Cons
hour breaks 30 minutes
learned alot about medical supplys
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
co workers was fun to work for the company went out of business so I had to find employment the doctors always would tell me your rite on time
Pros
family picnics every year
Cons
really was no cons
Learning enviorment and flexiblity
Childhood Obesity Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Conducted field research on childhood obesity. Introduced structured play, and conducted nutrition education to child care centers who participated. Evaluated children's obesity through post test and pretest.
Pros
Learning enviroment
Cons
Part TIme
Admissions & Recruitment Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2015
Morehouse College: I was part of the admissions & recruitment team for 12 years, working with students and their parents help with information for as financial, book, tuition, etc. And work with Morehouse College summer school programs: freshman's and alumnus of the college and tour of the campus. I enjoy my position with high education. Also work with managing the 8 recruiter when they was on the road. I was the head of admissions office, I was the 1st person the visitor meant. My position was elinmated
Worst place to work ever
Police dept (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,gaOctober 25, 2015
Management is the worst, they want blood,sweet from you. If you have a family ,say goodbye to them because the school wants you to put your job first and your family on the bottom of your personal life. Pay is bad ,so they get you by saying ,work overtime to make a decent income. I rather be off with my family then putting job first. Insurance keeps going up every year. Bunch of back stabbers to try and get promoted. Misfits all over the place that have no proper training...I wouldn't send my enemy's to work their .the students aren't safe constantly getting robbed on campus and off. Plenty of drugs being moved inside campus and in the dorms. No protection because they put security in uniforms that look like they are police officers but they are NOT. The criminals known it so it's open season on the campus for the staff and students to get robbed.
Senior Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2015
Morehouse was my first real experience of job fulfillment and satisfaction because this college was predominantly black and male. So this allowed me to witness black men that were working towards professional and educational goals, which was a positive definable event for me, and for them. Again, the most enjoyable part of the job seeing the young men graduate and go out into the world to make their mark.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No much tuition benefits for employees
very good atmosphere
Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2015
the Morehouse environment was very comforting and inviting. My co-workers were all hardworking and pleasant to be around. My boss was expected success but was also ecouraging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morehouse College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2